As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Street Power Football and No Straight Roads out today!

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

Boy if ever there was a time to unionize...

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Just kidding: it's always time to unionize.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    super happy that it's gonna be free on ps+, they got fuckin' BOUGHT

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have mentioned this before, but I love watching multiplayer mayhem games, like Fall Guys, the climbing games, NSMB and so on.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    So does that mean it's a better job to farm wow gold than to work for the actual game?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So does that mean it's a better job to farm wow gold than to work for the actual game?

Probably, yeah.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    It was a long time ago, but when I looked into actual gold farming they seemed to earn around $2-3 per hour.
    The people using bots to kill high end mobs on loops timed to spawn timers etcet.

They didn't have revolutionary tricks it was just that in 2005 $2 was a lot more in China than in the USA.

It soon got overtaken with account scamming and auction house manipulation though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm a pretty fast typer...

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020

oh, no i'm not

i can hit like, 120 wpm on a good day, which *i* sure thought was impressive, but the leaderboards on the site they're using hover on either side of 200

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Why I love Horizon 4, in three images.

Part the first.
    ab31clc1hxs6.png

Part two.
    8ee6f4tw43aq.png

And the last one.
    f5d3jpr52xon.png

sig.gif
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I started the Hunted challenge in The Long Dark and all my clothing was torn off and ruined by the Old Bear

I assume the reason for why it leaves you afterwards is because things have suddenly taken a turn for the awkward

• Options
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

oh, no i'm not

i can hit like, 120 wpm on a good day, which *i* sure thought was impressive, but the leaderboards on the site they're using hover on either side of 200

Speed typing is pretty nuts; I think legal stenographers, who admittedly have shortcut heavy keyboards, get up to an effective 200 wpm. With a regular ass keyboard, the highest I've ever gotten to was like 140 gpm on a no-symbols test.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

oh, no i'm not

I type around 75wpm maximum.

From what my teachers said in my business assisting class most stenographeres type something like 90 to 120 or more.

• Options
    the kewy to tyuping quickly is toi never go bakc and fix your mistakesd you just need ot kjeepp h9itting letters as quickly as aposibly iwtuihout really reading whaytt you re tguiping or ever stopping vaNCA'T Nstioo p won't worstop n a

• Options
    Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout flings hordes of contestants together online in a mad dash through round after round of escalating chaos until one victor remains! Battle bizarre obstacles, shove through unruly competitors, and overcome the unbending laws of physics as you stumble towards greatness. Leave your dignity at the door and prepare for hilarious failure in your quest to claim the crown!
    20200804 FallGuys (platformer royale, funny, 3D platformer, multiplayer)

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Fall Guys is great!

Fall Guys’ servers right now are not so great!

YaYa on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    My one concern with Fall Guys is that, just having watched some streamers play it for an hour or so, I feel like I've already seen the majority of what's possible in the engine. Watching a game is never the same as actually playing it, of course, but still, the sense is there that there just isn't enough to make it worth playing for a long time. In particular, it seems like there isn't much ability to interact with other players (all I've seen is that the "grab" action can attach to other players, which doesn't actually accomplish much), so in a lot of cases the minigames come down to 60 different time trials playing out in parallel. On the other hand, they're already committed to a sort of GaaS model, which means nobody can predict just what they'll add to the game as time goes on, and the $20 spent now is more of an investment in how you think the game's going to turn out in the long term.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

I immediately hear Mute City in my head

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Kupi wrote: »
    My one concern with Fall Guys is that, just having watched some streamers play it for an hour or so, I feel like I've already seen the majority of what's possible in the engine. Watching a game is never the same as actually playing it, of course, but still, the sense is there that there just isn't enough to make it worth playing for a long time. In particular, it seems like there isn't much ability to interact with other players (all I've seen is that the "grab" action can attach to other players, which doesn't actually accomplish much), so in a lot of cases the minigames come down to 60 different time trials playing out in parallel. On the other hand, they're already committed to a sort of GaaS model, which means nobody can predict just what they'll add to the game as time goes on, and the $20 spent now is more of an investment in how you think the game's going to turn out in the long term.

The grab mechanic in and of itself is largely useless on the 1vALL maps, but I just played a game of tag on a frenetic map that was more fun than it probably had any right to be. If they somehow open map development to the community, I'm sure we are going to see some really bonkers stuff. That said the design space is wide open: we're only seeing mostly races and versus modes, but you can probably easily add hide and go seek or capture the flag (once the field thins) on top of some of these crazy Takeshi-style maps.
    Platy wrote: »
    I started the Hunted challenge in The Long Dark and all my clothing was torn off and ruined by the Old Bear

I assume the reason for why it leaves you afterwards is because things have suddenly taken a turn for the awkward

Is this game actually out of EA? Somehow I missed that if it is.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Fall Guys is great!

Fall Guys’ servers right now are not so great!
    So

the servers fell down?

• Options
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Tombstar is a good name

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

Yes, I want this game plz

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Steam should adopt Metacritic's new policy of not allowing reviews for 36 hours (should be longer) after the game is released.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    that would involve valve doing work that they weren't forced to by a lawsuit

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Launch day server issues are an understandable frustration, but I've long since accepted that it's something of an inevitability

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    In my pre-voice chat everquest days I probably could have done pretty well in that typing competition. I was both the main enchanter and raid leader. I used to have to speed type multiple things during 2-3 second cast times

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    The Crusader Kings 3 dev diaries on YouTube are looking really good man I cannot wait for that game to drop. Also I started replaying Shogun 2 and man that game is excellent. I wish I had the money for all the dlc I've never messed with it. My birthday is coming up though so hey steam cards abound.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Fall Guys is fun, but if there's ever a mode to ditch the team games, I'll take it
    No no guys, you all run ahead and try and stop the other balls, I'll just push this one by myself with five guys stopping me. Oh look, we lost. That's surprising.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

oh, no i'm not

Speed typing is pretty nuts; I think legal stenographers, who admittedly have shortcut heavy keyboards, get up to an effective 200 wpm. With a regular ass keyboard, the highest I've ever gotten to was like 140 gpm on a no-symbols test.

Stenographers write in shorthand, not the way most people write, and it then has to be translated into a usable format so I'm not sure if that can really be compared.

Mechanical keyboards help with getting that WPM up, though I take issue with WPM tests always being "read this then write it" tests. I can do 72 WPM when doing that, but I can hit 100+ free-typing, because I'm not nearly as fast comprehending what I'm reading and translating it to the fingers as I am just writing.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Fall Guys is fun, but if there's ever a mode to ditch the team games, I'll take it
    No no guys, you all run ahead and try and stop the other balls, I'll just push this one by myself with five guys stopping me. Oh look, we lost. That's surprising.

classic multiplayer game experience right there

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I can type hundreds of words per minute.

Most of them will be misspelled. Does backspace count as a word?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Is it really a review bomb if people are buying the game and it doesn't work? Seems like the perfect time to leave a "not recommended" review.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Is it really a review bomb if people are buying the game and it doesn't work? Seems like the perfect time to leave a "not recommended" review.

It's not really a useful review if the problem is overcrowded servers on launch day
    Like, a week from now is "alot of server problems atm" really going to be relevant or reflective of the product?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The idea that anyone pays any attention to user reviews remains baffling to me

Like you're all speaking a language I fundamentally don't understand

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

It's a review that is completely devoid of any long term merit. In a months time these are not going to be there, because the developer will know what their average player count is (and it's not the current crush). So now you have a review sitting on their STEAM page that isn't reflective at all of the actual average player experience that a user isn't going to bother coming back to update.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
This discussion has been closed.