As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    I had the Bio Robo that did separate, as well as the Biodragon that they could fit in.

(I also had toys for the two series that preceded them).

Have fun with the series!

The bigger question is do you still have these toys?

Honestly I did not know that this show was in the same line as my all time favorite Battle Fever J! Yeah, now I need to watch this.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I had the Bio Robo that did separate, as well as the Biodragon that they could fit in.

Honestly I did not know that this show was in the same line as my all time favorite Battle Fever J! Yeah, now I need to watch this.

Alas no, there was some family drama and as a result they (along with a lot of other hard/impossible to replace items) are gone forever.

Alas no, there was some family drama and as a result they (along with a lot of other hard/impossible to replace items) are gone forever.

Aw, sorry to hear that. At least they're still a part of your memories. So for $300 you can have Bioman back. You know, I wonder if Amazon Japan or Hobby Link Japan has these for pre-order and is cheaper.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    God help me I'm trying not to drop 70 dollars for this stupid blacklight Carnage pop but I really wanna complete the set and I'm worried it'll go up over time as less people wanna part with them.

Can I just say I hate when you companies run their drops like it's some fashion company. I find a lot of similarities in Funko's business model as I do in most fashion or shoe brands, Supreme, Bape, etc. They do insanely cool but super limited drops and the resell goes crazy. So things just start selling out no matter what even if it's not something everyone really wants anyways. They knew the blacklight series is hugely popular so it's looking like they'll expand on it. I'm a huge sucker for glow in the dark and blacklight stuff

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Just checked, and Hobby Link Japan has the smaller Bioman mini-pla for $45.75 (as compared to BBTS's $71.99), but I've got no idea what shipping is like. I think HLJ wasn't even shipping to the US up until recently due to Japan's mail restrictions. I've definitely seen shipping of $30+ from Japan-based vendors before, and have often felt it wasn't worth the extra hassle.

edited October 2020
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Just checked, and Hobby Link Japan has the smaller Bioman mini-pla for $45.75 (as compared to BBTS's $71.99), but I've got no idea what shipping is like. I think HLJ wasn't even shipping to the US up until recently due to Japan's mail restrictions. I've definitely seen shipping of $30+ from Japan-based vendors before, and have often felt it wasn't worth the extra hassle.
    They made an announcement that they are shipping small packages Air now. Depends on the size, but if those boxes are going to be smaller a single DHL box might be around $30 through them and you'll guaranteed to have it within a few days.

Edit: Yikes, just read on HLJ's site that these are random packed 2 in a box (they come with candy) and so it could be random 2 of the same half. That sort of sucks, but guess it makes sense since they seem to be candy toys.
    God help me I'm trying not to drop 70 dollars for this stupid blacklight Carnage pop but I really wanna complete the set and I'm worried it'll go up over time as less people wanna part with them.

Can I just say I hate when you companies run their drops like it's some fashion company. I find a lot of similarities in Funko's business model as I do in most fashion or shoe brands, Supreme, Bape, etc. They do insanely cool but super limited drops and the resell goes crazy. So things just start selling out no matter what even if it's not something everyone really wants anyways. They knew the blacklight series is hugely popular so it's looking like they'll expand on it. I'm a huge sucker for glow in the dark and blacklight stuff

Be strong! You can hold out and not reward the scalpers. Or not, it is your money after all and you are welcome to do with it as you wish. =) Especially if it makes you happy.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    edited October 2020

Aw, sorry to hear that. At least they're still a part of your memories. So for $300 you can have Bioman back. You know, I wonder if Amazon Japan or Hobby Link Japan has these for pre-order and is cheaper.

It’s all good, they’ve been gone for some time.

I’ve looked into replacing them via EBay and it’s looking like over a thousand (quite a bit more really) for the ones I had.

Yeah in all honesty if I do end up getting it I’m just going to go with BBTS.

Nobody on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Can I say that one of the things I love about Danny Choo's company is how he does nothing to cater to scalpers and tries to thwart them where he can? While most of his stuff is short release, but he doesn't release stuff in "blink or you'll miss it" batches ever (aside from the clearinghouse sales which are supposedly items he didn't find high enough quality to sell at regular prices - though so far I've had no complaints about what's been delivered from the bargain bin). He even once deliberately re-released a limited edition doll just because he saw a scalper trying to sell one for a fortune on ebay.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    What I'm saying is you all need to change your fandoms to fashion dolls, clearly.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Cambiata wrote: »
    What I'm saying is you all need to change your fandoms to fashion dolls, clearly.

Hmm, good arguments.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    You should paint one of the unpainted ones you got like Optimus Prime and see how many Transformers nerds trip over themselves to buy it from you.

You should paint one of the unpainted ones you got like Optimus Prime and see how many Transformers nerds trip over themselves to buy it from you.

That reminds me, I’m honestly curious over how well the Optimus Prime MLP is doing in preorders. We’re getting one for the little one, but I’m curious how many Transformer collections that didn’t have one before are going to be sporting a pony.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I have the Credits Cara, and Mando and blue Heavy Mando are on order. I’m not sure if I will bother with IG or the Death Trooper, just don’t look as interesting

One day I see those Xmas troopers and want them, then the next day I see them and just don’t care. So torn

Jay, that Carnage looks rad af

Did you open your Cara or keep not sealed?

I'm keeping it sealed since you basically have to destroy the packaging to get to it, and the artwork on the packaging is what helps make the deco cool

I'll open my normal Cara

That reminds me, I’m honestly curious over how well the Optimus Prime MLP is doing in preorders. We’re getting one for the little one, but I’m curious how many Transformer collections that didn’t have one before are going to be sporting a pony.

As a huge TF fan, I will not be adding a pony to my collection... though part of that is because it doesn't transform. If it did, I may actually consider it...

Non-transforming Transformers just don't really make sense to me

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited October 2020

Edit: Yikes, just read on HLJ's site that these are random packed 2 in a box (they come with candy) and so it could be random 2 of the same half. That sort of sucks, but guess it makes sense since they seem to be candy toys.

Ew, I just read this part.

Yeah, no, hard pass if I'm not guaranteed getting both at that price.

Nobody on
    I have the Credits Cara, and Mando and blue Heavy Mando are on order. I’m not sure if I will bother with IG or the Death Trooper, just don’t look as interesting

One day I see those Xmas troopers and want them, then the next day I see them and just don’t care. So torn

Jay, that Carnage looks rad af

Did you open your Cara or keep not sealed?

I'm keeping it sealed since you basically have to destroy the packaging to get to it, and the artwork on the packaging is what helps make the deco cool

I'll open my normal Cara

As a huge TF fan, I will not be adding a pony to my collection... though part of that is because it doesn't transform. If it did, I may actually consider it...

Non-transforming Transformers just don't really make sense to me

To be honest I have been tempted to buy those little figures for a while now. I do have one of those SD Transformers figures that Japan came out with years ago. So yeah I guess I can't say I don't have any non transforming Transformers. Heck, I have some old Japanese robots that I discovered transform! Lol

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited November 2020
    Worked out a trade for the Carnage Blacklight Pop. I'm trading my Fantastic 4 set for it. I got most of them on sale at Hot Topic for like 6 bucks aside from a handful, so it was a good deal for me. To them it was a fair trade because technically it was 70 dollars worth of pops but they were all fairly common, out of pocket I probably spent 40 plus another 5 for shipping. All in all better than paying 70-100 for it straight up, but still more work than I'd have like to have put in. But, if it never is restocked it's pretty much guaranteed to go up in value.

Gonna have to get another glass case from Ikea to display them all properly

Edit: lmaoooo this is why you wait. it literally restocked this morning I got one normal price from the funko shop. Ah well, I suppose I can always sell whichever box is in worse condition.

Local H Jay on
    Worked out a trade for the Carnage Blacklight Pop. I'm trading my Fantastic 4 set for it. I got most of them on sale at Hot Topic for like 6 bucks aside from a handful, so it was a good deal for me. To them it was a fair trade because technically it was 70 dollars worth of pops but they were all fairly common, out of pocket I probably spent 40 plus another 5 for shipping. All in all better than paying 70-100 for it straight up, but still more work than I'd have like to have put in. But, if it never is restocked it's pretty much guaranteed to go up in value.

Gonna have to get another glass case from Ikea to display them all properly

Edit: lmaoooo this is why you wait. it literally restocked this morning I got one normal price from the funko shop. Ah well, I suppose I can always sell whichever box is in worse condition.

Final update to this:

Got my first carnage from the trade, box was absolutely smashed to oblivion on arrival. This is why you always get the package insurance. I got (more than) my money back and was able to keep the figure for OOB display. So now I have one in box and one out, and only paid retail price for one of them lol

Somehow, everything came up Milhouse

Forgot the most important part, the pics

YfFRSat.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/uAYtVwk

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kArX86kzUSg

Damn that new Grimlock looks incredible.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That Grimlock is definitely pretty nice, though I do prefer the toy deco a bit more than the cartoon deco, so hopefully we get some other releases of the mold

That Wheelie is definitely a weird choice though. Why go halfway on the articulation? Pretty disappointing

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Wow, I can now officially not want the older MP Grimlock now. I do agree the Wheelie is a weird decision.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Does Wheelie ever transform in the movie? I've watched it dozens of times, but I don't recall seeing his alt mode at all.

Delzhand wrote: »
    Does Wheelie ever transform in the movie? I've watched it dozens of times, but I don't recall seeing his alt mode at all.

Yeah, he has a car alt-mode. You can see him use it in the film after he witnesses Kup and Hot Rod getting captured.

Danny released a picture of his new workshop, and as he does, there are some prototypes sprinkled into the image. I see Power Girl for sure, and I think the one on her right is Batgirl, though no bat symbol is present.

highl1a815wb.jpg

edited November 2020
    I like the one next to the one looking like it is holding a mask.

Edit: I guess I could have just said the far left one... But I had to point out the mask.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    I like the one next to the one looking like it is holding a mask.

Edit: I guess I could have just said the far left one... But I had to point out the mask.

He's made and released masks before! I own one of these: https://shop.smartdoll.jp/products/surgical-mask?_pos=7&_sid=ce3c68f28&_ss=r&variant=3139716120597

This design does look slightly different though, which makes me wonder if it's a medical-style mask or something for a costumed hero or villain.

Wow, I didn't realize how big those were.

Wow, I didn't realize how big those were.

1:3 scale, baby!

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who's first thought is Powergirl needs some spirit gum to avoid some unfortunate exposure?

I've recevied a lot of figures lately but just don't have time to open them up and take photos.

Currently working from home as well so not much space left to photograph them as well.

I did play around a bit with SS jeep bumblebee, Earthrise Snapdragon, and selects RotorStorm.

All pretty neat, though I wish the third party machine wars accurate guns for Rotorstorm weren't so pricey, otherwwise I'd order them.

Also got some Kiki fix solution to tighten loose action figure joints. Haven't texted it yet though.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    edited November 2020
    Sadly, I had no idea who Power Girl was till @Cambiata 's post. I had to go look up who she was and was surprised that the character is so old (1976) and I have never heard of her before.

I have a few new toys that I have not photographed either. Just been busy with... well just been busy spoiling my dog which means I tend to stay near her more than before. I am glad that I'm not the only one who hasn't been sharing their new toys lately and life getting in the way.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Almost forgot, got my Autobot clones from Amazon.

Honestly...they don’t feel all that different in quality from the Decepticon clones. Similar “easy” transformation mechanics, similar look and feel.

About my only complaint is that the race car one has the spoiler as easily visible in robot mode as compared to the other set where you can’t easily tell without looking at the chest symbols.

Also, the Alicon is not bad at all, but seems to really lean on hard rubber for more pieces than I expected. At least now I have my angry alligator man guard.

I’m kinda mad at myself for skipping the Sharkticon from a while back

edited November 2020
    New Collab figure teased: the X-men Blackbird.

Hopefully it turns into an original character and not, like, Cyclops or Jetfire or something.

Undead Scottsman on
    That's pretty cool! All their other collaborations in this line have been original bots, so I imagine this will also

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Yeah, that's the hope. I justvthink about the old Marvel and Star Wars transformers.

I could totally go for a TIE Fighter that doesn't turn into Darth Vader or a TIE pilot.

Sadly, I had no idea who Power Girl was till Cambiata 's post. I had to go look up who she was and was surprised that the character is so old (1976) and I have never heard of her before.

Hah, it's not that surprising, I don't really know much about the character myself. I think the only reason I know her name at all is because of this infamous, accidentally-hilarious comic panel where she cries to Superman about her boob window.

pgboohoo.jpg

Sadly, I had no idea who Power Girl was till Cambiata 's post. I had to go look up who she was and was surprised that the character is so old (1976) and I have never heard of her before.

Hah, it's not that surprising, I don't really know much about the character myself. I think the only reason I know her name at all is because of this infamous, accidentally-hilarious comic panel where she cries to Superman about her boob window.

pgboohoo.jpg

That is... ok, you are right and that is sort of funny that the writers and artists even went so far as to try and make up some sort of sad excuse to show off her boobs. Though honestly I have not been a big follower of DC comics so that also might be reason I never knew of her existence. So eons later and she still has not found a symbol. =P

oosik_betsuni.png
    Also, the Alicon is not bad at all, but seems to really lean on hard rubber for more pieces than I expected. At least now I have my angry alligator man guard.

You can go for this set which has all of them.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers/products/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-trilogy-quintesson-pit-of-judgement-action-figure

oosik_betsuni.png

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers/products/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-trilogy-quintesson-pit-of-judgement-action-figure

Hmm, $70 is a bit pricy when I’m just hunting one Legend sized figure :p

Hmm, $70 is a bit pricy when I’m just hunting one Legend sized figure :p

Easy peasy, sell the set minus Sharkticon.

oosik_betsuni.png