As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    That's really cool, but what if you play the Autobot/Decepticon logos?

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    okay but have you tried playing them anyway for secret messages

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    There are no real "grooves" so the needle just goes to the center. Or so I've heard.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    If there's one thing I learned from Transformers fiction, it's that you have to play the disks; there are hidden messages on there.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Anyone looking for a good deal on Masterpiece Skywarp? Gamestop has it up for 20% off with their deal ($181.59 before tax). Says only 2 left as of this post.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/figures/products/hasbro-transformers-takara-tomy-masterpiece-mp-52-plus-sw-skywarp-action-figure/276738.html

Edit: Link to all their Transformers

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Finally opened my Studio Series Slag.

It goes fairly well with Masterpiece Grimlock! This is a relief. I was kind of worried because I passed on Studio Series Grimlock.

T0ltoK8h.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I was able to grab Grimlock but Slag never showed up in the stores near me and online sellers quickly went to either out of stock or gouging.

Nobody wrote: »
    I was able to grab Grimlock but Slag never showed up in the stores near me and online sellers quickly went to either out of stock or gouging.

I just saw Entertainment Earth has the case with Slag on pre-order.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/transformers-studio-series-premier-leader-wave-7-case-of-2/hse0703f

oosik_betsuni.png
    Thanks! I was hoping to avoid having to get Grindor too though.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Wow, I didn’t realize Slag got so hard to find, kinda surprising

Hopefully you find one, it’s a really fun figure, definitely bigger than I was expecting

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Based on my state’s sightings thread over at TFW it seems to be sporadic, some people were reporting shelves full of him last month, but I never saw him (or Grindor now that I think about it) at any of the stores near me.

Thanks! I’m keeping my eye out and hoping it’s a case of my Targets skipping the wave and then back stocking with it at some point like they’ve done in the past.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Speaking of Target.. man, do I hate mine.

So I've been keeping an eye out for the latest Villainous expansion. I could easily go pick it up 1 town over, or order it online, but given gas conditions and such I really wanted to pick it up local - ideally combined with some other shopping. I'm still checking the app daily to see if a restock happens, though.

This morning, it says there is 1 in stock. I'm like.. yay, I can run over there over lunch. I decide to risk it and not order it online ahead of time.

I arrive in the toy section... and my heart sinks. I see the stocking cart out, with the older lady that runs toys there. The older lady that I know permits and aids local scalpers in getting stuff. And sure enough, there were at least 3-4 people I'd suspect of being scalpers going through the shelves. Two had shipping boxes but they weren't wearing uniforms or putting things out on the shelf. Another just had a basket. That particular one is the one I saw with about 10 Hot Wheels cars in the basket, all neatly organized as if they'd been pulled off the shelf.

To make matters worse, the stocking cart was parked in front of where the item I wanted would have been. Luckily I could tell it wasn't put out yet... but I really didn't want to interact with said lady. So I decide to just order it online for pickup, right there in the aisle. And hey, by doing so they knocked $10 off the price!

I left after picking up some more supplies and lego (which also netted me $10 off). And so now I wait to see if that item really is available like they said. I don't think the scalpers would have been after it, because there's been a couple in nearby towns for a while.. but who knows!

Also, they had a good selection of newer Studio Series and Legacy Transformers. I am very glad I am holding to my personal promise not to pick up any more TF that I wasn't personally interested in.

Edit: AHAHAHA! I knew it!

I just got notification that the item I wanted was no longer in stock. Of COURSE they decided to either scalp it or lose it or something.

Whatever, I don't care enough. Switched it to an online order with free shipping.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I freaking love this weta sculptors range. I love a good stylisation that evokes the best aspects of the original design. They’re also very affordable for the quality

povxlv3mmtnf.jpeg
    p3uy7ezk8qoq.jpeg
    rlzk6wm6sdzt.jpeg

My LGS has them... and I can't bring myself to do it. But they do have a really cool Smaug fig!

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    The Smaug, balrog and witch king figurines are all super tempting. If they made a T800 skeleton I’d buy that in a heartbeat tho

I also bought the Ripley one cos they included a ten dollar coupon when I got these the bastards

Prohass on
    Oh man. just now, Motormaster was unveiled, and Menasor.

I went all in on Combiner Wars.

I... uggggh. Everything about this looks incredible. I was gonna pass! And it uses freakin Combiner Wars connection ports!

edited April 2022
    Athenor wrote: »

I... uggggh. Everything about this looks incredible. I was gonna pass! And it uses freakin Combiner Wars connection ports!

I'm going in on this Menasor since I missed out on the CW version. So you can live vicariously through me. I also saw that there is a trailer for the auto transforming Prime. I'm going to pass on a transforming trailer that is 3 feet long.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-optimus-prime-auto-converting-trailer-with-roller-collector-s-edition

Edit: I also pre-ordered Blitzwing since I liked their newer Astrotrain.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    edited April 2022
    Betsuni wrote: »

I'm going in on this Menasor since I missed out on the CW version. So you can live vicariously through me. I also saw that there is a trailer for the auto transforming Prime. I'm going to pass on a transforming trailer that is 3 feet long.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-optimus-prime-auto-converting-trailer-with-roller-collector-s-edition

Saw that too.

Also, because it's available for non pulse people... I went in on it as well. It's unique enough that I'm okay with it, and frankly there's a lot of compromises in the Scramble City ones. They're on my "get rid" list anyways.

Now I just need to find a Drag Strip.

Athenor on
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Did not like the design for Blitzwing, a little chunky for me, and I picked up his last couple of incarnations and were pretty happy with those, so I passed.

For the exact same reasons as Bets, I ordered Motormaster. I never had a Menasor of my own and want to pick these up.

Real excited for him.

Edit* Saw that 2 of the other smaller bots also went on preorder. Wild Rider and Knock Out (Dead End). So I guess we need Break Down? Wonder what is the hold up on him.

Preordered them all.

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Transformers-Legacy-FFT-412222-225.jpg

Legacy Wave 2 looks nice.

Motormaster/Menesar is probably the big reveal here and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Engineering-wise it looks good, Motormaster looks fantastic actually. Menesar looks alright, but the way the limbs integrate isn't fantastic. I could get over the arms splitting in half, but the cars on the legs becoming the back halves of the legs really bothers me.

Jhiaxus looks incredible, and he's shot up to "Must buy" and I'm seriously considering G2 Prime and Megatron now to go with him.

Elita-1 is using the same mold for a future Minerva and it might honestly be the best lady carformer that we've gotten since 2014.

Tarantulus looks great. Knockout looks fine, but I've decided to pass on the Prime figures. I loved the show and wanted toys that more accurately reflect it instead of these G1 hybrids.

Soundwave is the Siege spaceship version, which is a bummer because boombox Blaster is in this line.

Undead Scottsman on
    New Motormaster looks better than the CW one, I will probably have to get this set.

Blitzwing is…sigh, I don’t like it. The giant calliope launchers attached to the turret in tank form and the way too chonky jet form do nothing for me.

I like the touch of the collapsing skeleton legs to look like the undersides of the car, for that G1 accuracy angle. But I do wish the legs could be flipped around. I liked having the hoods towards the front on the CW design.. though looking at the old toys, I guess that wasn't accurate.

I didn't realize that the legs can't flip around to have either toy look or cartoon look. That is unfortunate...

What the heck is with those hands with Blitzwing? I just looked at the plane mode and it isn't all that clean. Hmm, I like 2 out of the 3 modes. Sadly I sort of like my Titans Returns version better. Might end up cancelling that pre-order the more I see of him.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited April 2022
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I didn't realize that the legs can't flip around to have either toy look or cartoon look. That is unfortunate...

What the heck is with those hands with Blitzwing? I just looked at the plane mode and it isn't all that clean. Hmm, I like 2 out of the 3 modes. Sadly I sort of like my Titans Returns version better. Might end up cancelling that pre-order the more I see of him.

Hasbro does this a lot; selling smaller figures at higher pricepoints to take advantage of increased complexity or paintapps, throwing in some accessories to make up the difference.

Undead Scottsman on
    I really cannot understand the giant gauntlets or how they fit into Blitzwing. At least with Astrotrain, the extra kibble made sense as a tender car for the engine / launchpad for the shuttle.

Ah. Ok so I'm not the only one confused. Maybe it is going to be some secret combiner later on. Hahaha.

I discovered that Target has Motormaster up for pre-orders and a $10 off coupon if you are a Target Circle Member (free sign up and nothing else required). Also Amazon has the lineup for cheaper than Pulse as well since they accidentally have them up at the older price tags.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Entertainment Earth has a coupon for free super saver shipping, fyi

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    HexDex wrote: »
    Did not like the design for Blitzwing, a little chunky for me, and I picked up his last couple of incarnations and were pretty happy with those, so I passed.

For the exact same reasons as Bets, I ordered Motormaster. I never had a Menasor of my own and want to pick these up.

Real excited for him.

Edit* Saw that 2 of the other smaller bots also went on preorder. Wild Rider and Knock Out (Dead End). So I guess we need Break Down? Wonder what is the hold up on him.

Preordered them all.

Knock Out isn't Dead End. Knock Out is a G1-ified version of the Transformers Prime character, in the same vein as Legacy Bulkhead was.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular

Real excited for him.

Preordered them all.

Knock Out isn't Dead End. Knock Out is a G1-ified version of the Transformers Prime character, in the same vein as Legacy Bulkhead was.

Oh, I see. So we still need 2 of them? What a pain.

Well, he is sweet, so I think I will keep the pre-order any way.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

Real excited for him.

Preordered them all.

Oh, I see. So we still need 2 of them? What a pain.

Well, he is sweet, so I think I will keep the pre-order any way.

I'll try to remember to ping you when the last two limb bots go up for sale. I'm hoping that Target won't screw me with my Motormaster preorder since I got him with their discount. Picked him and a Grogu figure to get the $25 off. Came out to be one cent more than Motormaster with the $10 off coupon. I'll either gift Grogu to my mom or donate him for a toy drive.

oosik_betsuni.png
    So in other OMG news...

My next pony is in. And... DAMN. Just... DAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNN. I think this is the one that pushed me over the edge to getting these, or at least going all in. And I think it was worth it. They stepped up EVERYTHING for her.

I present: Princess Luna.

THE BOX
    The box is especially big, which makes sense as they split it up into two bases. Celestia and Luna are meant to represent older ponies than the Mane 6 + Shimmer, though Luna is decidedly the younger of the two and "can't control her magic as well." Well, they definitely put her front and center here.

26b3pHtl.jpg

The stained glass motif ties into the early episodes of Friendship is Magic, which is another nice touch.

Wg9NFpDl.jpg

Sure, let's throw the Zodiac on there too. Why not? Helps with the magical vibe...

mpxlshZl.jpg

Her box is done up like the LE ones for the main characters - very sparkly. And of course an ad for Celestia. I suspect all the pairs will get something like that. Still thinking about the Darkstalkers characters...

CApydUNl.jpg

Here's the original concept drawing in front of the stained glass side.

jteeNhJl.jpg

Main event time. We have translucent bases, translucent hair, translucent clothing bits, high heels, just... exudes class. I wouldn't be surprised if some people cosplay this design at some time.

gAH0MpFh.jpg

The pony model, as usual, has detail all around. Luna has this inky, milky way look to her coloring.

HEFb09jh.jpg

The seam lines are a little big/noticeable, but that's okay. It would've been hard to hide those.

YDXxmfsh.jpg

Dude. Ankles.

iwiP5VCh.jpg

The dress itself is a little translucent for this long train bit.

X1ojWfVh.jpg

Because she's not an LE, her coloring is white/Caucasian skin tones. Probably for the best, but I do wonder if they'll go full milky blue for the LE - if they do one. We'll see.

nuxR8p3h.jpg

Not gonna lie... if someone looked at me this way, I'd at least say hi.

1jxpNVPh.jpg

And of course, she goes with the rest of them. A little bit taller than the main characters, definitely holding herself in a much more refined way.

LVrR1XAh.jpg

And with that... we are up to 7! Two left: Rainbow Dash's LE (which has not been announced) and Princess Celestia. I also have Applejack's LE on order so that I can get them all matching.

m9Rzb8Yh.jpg

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    For those of you worried about Motormaster's legs you can reverse them. Look at the still in this video at 8:49 and you can see the leg could easily be spun around on the combiner peg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7JgQYizTSg

You just lose knee articulation doing that.

Oh thank goodness. Yep, gonna love this guy then.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Someone pointed out Elita-1 is the only Autobot in that entire wave.

Anywho, after remembering how the G1 cartoon Menasor looked, I'm less miffed about the legs. Now I'm glad I didn't cancel that Dragstrip preorder.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

I agree, and I hope it's an issue they've thought of.

Wait a min, new Motormaster is $90?

I like him, but definitely not that much

edited April 2022
    Nobody wrote: »
    Wait a min, new Motormaster is $90?

I like him, but definitely not that much

He's a Commander, and that's the "going" rate for them. Target has him for $85, but it is obvious Hasbro's planning on bumping up prices in the future. Honestly, given the size of the previous commanders, it's reasonable. But it does sting more, knowing that any Titans going forward are likely going to be $180.

Edit: I should note that modern "Leader" class figures are usually slightly bigger Voyagers with extra kibble added. The Commander figs are much closer to what people consider Leader class.
    Heffling wrote: »

I agree, and I hope it's an issue they've thought of.

If Hasbro can't figure it out, the fact that it is a universal combiner joint means some 3rd party will.

Athenor on
    Target also has a $10 off coupon bringing the price down. Or if you buy some other toys to hit the $100 mark you can use a $25 off coupon.

Or you can order it from Amazon for $85 as well.

Yeah the prices of all the toys are going up. Sucks that Masterpiece level Transformers used to cost the same price (ok Skids and his mold mates currently cost that much).

oosik_betsuni.png
    I should cancel my Pulse and switch over to Target, but without Drag Strip and with nothing else I'm interested in, it really doesn't benefit me a ton.