As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    It always bothered me there’s no YF-20

I know that’s probably realistic to how military models can work, but still, as an ignorant teen, I saw two rad jet bots designated 19 and 21, I wanted to see what existed between!

A third manufacturer's design that failed spectacularly early in the testing phase. :D

Yeah, it's most likely something like this, but still, I want to see it

Just some brief scene where some exec is showing it off and it explodes midair, or doesn't even liftoff, ya know, something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdhBOvpZiI

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Dragstrip is back in stock on Pulse. Premium Members for the next half hour.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-legacy-deluxe-decepticon-dragstrip

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    edited April 2022
    Newest Macross Valkyrie is up for US pre-order. It is Max from the original series in the newest Macross movie in Japan (Delta).

https://toydojo.com/products/dx-chogokin-macross-yf-29-durandal-valkirie-maximilian-jenius-use-full-set-pack-macross-delta-movie-absolute-live

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/macross-movie-absolute-live-maximilian-jenius-yf29-durandal-valkyrie-full-set-pack-dx-chogokin-action-figure/blfbas63473

Edit: The YF-29 was introduced in Macross Frontier movie. It was the hero mech in the end. I have no idea how much this mech is shown in the newest Macross Delta movie, but getting it since it is his mech and it is the second Worldwide Macross Valkyrie release for Bandai. Plus I like the 29's design in blue. Will look good next to his granddaughter's 31AX from the same movie.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    eAD9bv4.png

Birthday Haul!

Well, more like "Stuff I ordered weeks and months ago arrived and I finally picked it up."

Origins Bumblebee is "Sir not appearing in this film" due to them accidently shipping me a book instead of the toy, so now I get to sort that out.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Nice haul! My Perceptor finally shipped from Amazon... like a couple days after they sent me an email requiring me to accept a delay.

That Iguanus is a lot cooler than I anticipated. I passed on Skywarp and Hot Rod, but then I learned all 3 of their weapons connect to make a big sword, so I'm a little torn... I'll probably hold off though

I'm interested in your impressions of that Eye of Agamotto

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited April 2022
    That Iguanus is a lot cooler than I anticipated. I passed on Skywarp and Hot Rod, but then I learned all 3 of their weapons connect to make a big sword, so I'm a little torn... I'll probably hold off though.

I picked up Iguanus just because his part is the middle of the sword. Never cared to get him, but yeah he is really fun and a neat Transformer. I actually like him better than Hot Rod and Skywarp as a transforming action figure even though I had no idea who he was.

Edit: Unfortunately the sword is somewhat of a failure because of the posts they put onto Skywarp's part so he could hold it like a "gun" rather than a tuning fork. It doesn't allow that part to sit perfectly centered on and is twisted to one side of the axis. It bothers me since the renders show it sitting evenly instead of twisted a bit).

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    edited April 2022
    Nice haul! My Perceptor finally shipped from Amazon... like a couple days after they sent me an email requiring me to accept a delay.

That Iguanus is a lot cooler than I anticipated. I passed on Skywarp and Hot Rod, but then I learned all 3 of their weapons connect to make a big sword, so I'm a little torn... I'll probably hold off though

I'm interested in your impressions of that Eye of Agamotto

I just pulled the Eye out of the box. Unfortunatley, mine has a production error where one of the screwholes for the battery compartment is misaligned. THey couldn't even successfully screw it in at the factory. I managed to wedge the screw in there so it's stable, but yeah, not great.
    0HTYuGD.jpg

Beyond that, this is a cool piece. It comes with a stand, which is just plastic. The Eye comes with a couple of gimmicks. One is mechanized opening. You hit a button on top and a bunch of gears grind and scrape as three separate layers of the eye all rotate at individual rates, giving it that "opening" look from the movie. But, you know, as a practical toy rather than CGI.

0pEcLLx.jpg

The second is the Time Stone, which is removable and has a built in led and capacitor, so it gets charged up from the batteries in the Eye despite having no batteries itself. The Eye can even turn the Stone off when you close it. This LED in the stone is extremely bright too; like leave spots on your eyes bright.

9f25OH9.jpg

Really impressed with the stone given it has no internal batteries. You can do some wild shit with toys these days.

Undead Scottsman on
    Betsuni wrote: »
    That Iguanus is a lot cooler than I anticipated. I passed on Skywarp and Hot Rod, but then I learned all 3 of their weapons connect to make a big sword, so I'm a little torn... I'll probably hold off though.

I picked up Iguanus just because his part is the middle of the sword. Never cared to get him, but yeah he is really fun and a neat Transformer. I actually like him better than Hot Rod and Skywarp as a transforming action figure even though I had no idea who he was.

Edit: Unfortunately the sword is somewhat of a failure because of the posts they put onto Skywarp's part so he could hold it like a "gun" rather than a tuning fork. It doesn't allow that part to sit perfectly centered on and is twisted to one side of the axis. It bothers me since the renders show it sitting evenly instead of twisted a bit).

You can get it to fit properly due to Igaunus' weapon being made out of a slightly pliable plastic. It doesn't even warp enough to mess with the look of Igaunus' weapon.

Oooh that stone looks really cool glowing like that. Man, I love new technology.

You can get it to fit properly due to Igaunus' weapon being made out of a slightly pliable plastic. It doesn't even warp enough to mess with the look of Igaunus' weapon.

Oh that's good to know! I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Iguanus looks really neat, and I was considering picking him up, but I'm a little bummed by the weapon being kind of a nothing (in my eyes, at least) because they're trying to hook you in to buy two other figures. I mean, I get it, gotta hustle to make sales, but that doesn't mean I like it.

Delduwath wrote: »
    Iguanus looks really neat, and I was considering picking him up, but I'm a little bummed by the weapon being kind of a nothing (in my eyes, at least) because they're trying to hook you in to buy two other figures. I mean, I get it, gotta hustle to make sales, but that doesn't mean I like it.

Even worse is that I need to print or create my own Null Rays for Skywarp. I mean why neuter the poor guy with a tuning fork?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    On one hand, I was able to resist buying any of the Transformers at Target today, including Laser Optimus Prime and Coronation Starscream.

On the other hand, that was because I had a lego set I wanted to buy, and they didn't have any Legacy Drag Strips - the scalpers already got to him.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    I picked up a Coronation Starscream on sale from GameStop because I have always wanted a coronation set and the throne is just a nice bonus. I really like the movable fingers (at least four at a time) that they added to the mold as well as the options to hide the coronation gear or null rays in the throne when not in use.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My inventory says I own 15 different versions of Starscream. I just... can't. >.<

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »
    My inventory says I own 15 different versions of Starscream. I just... can't. >.<

Sounds like you need 5 more.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Okay, on the other end of the spectrum... Yup. Absolutely HAVE to get MPM-13, Masterpiece Blackout. Sure, it'll be my 3rd version... but...

They said the magic word: It's 1/60th scale.

SwkwL5zh.jpg

PRCB4hNh.jpg

Getting the fully skinned/paneled bottom, even with all the transformation hinges, is enough to make it worthwhile IMO.

VemeiKNh.jpg

Huh, curious how all those panels on the bottom will fold away. Looks like there are at least some on the bottoms of the feet, I wonder if the rest will go into the backpack or what.

Ok, I went from not caring about it to maybe picking it up.

oosik_betsuni.png
    What likely also helped push me over the edge was seeing a video talking about the MH-53E Sea Dragon minesweeper variant. It has much bigger fuel tanks, so the profile isn't exact, but it was still a cool vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEwvnK0_EWk

People in this thread (myself included): Here's a thing, I really don't want it but seems interesting I guess.

People in this thread 5 minutes later (myself included): Yeah anyway so I pre-ordered the whole set and might also get the special edition with the slightly different colors.

People in this thread (myself included): Here's a thing, I really don't want it but seems interesting I guess.

People in this thread 5 minutes later (myself included): Yeah anyway so I pre-ordered the whole set and might also get the special edition with the slightly different colors.

Add in: "Damnit! I just missed the store exclusive in my cart!!! Stupid exclusives!" Meanwhile we have the normal release, special edition, and mold mate in our collection.

oosik_betsuni.png

Add in: "Damnit! I just missed the store exclusive in my cart!!! Stupid exclusives!" Meanwhile we have the normal release, special edition, and mold mate in our collection.
    "Oh well, guess I'll just buy it on the secondary market."

• see317see317 Registered User regular

"And fuck scalpers. They're all bastards.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

"And fuck scalpers. They're all bastards.

No seriously, fuck scalpers. They're all bastards.

Just saw this from the designer.

"Did I mention that this helicopter is massive? 21.5 inches long from end to end vs the Studio Series version at 17.5. and it has the ability to stow like a real MH-53."

My desire for this toy just went up a bit more.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/05/03/transformers-masterpiece-movie-mpm-13-blackout-turnaround-videos-comments-by-hasbro-designer-sam-smith-455262

oosik_betsuni.png
    Yuuup.

I'm also glad to hear it will be a Target/Hasbro Plus exclusive, so that means I know what to jump on when they post it for sale.

If this gets made, it'll be both stupid and stupid-expensive.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/05/07/like-toys-g1-metroplex-color-renders-48-inches-121-cm-tall-455425

A 48-inch tall (FOUR FEET/ 1.2 METERS) version of G1 Metroplex. For reference, my Unicron is 27". And this is gonna have die-cast parts and lighting effects.

I just can't imagine the engineering that would be needed just for it to be able to stand in different poses, let alone transform.

Apparently this company has never released mass-produced things, only 3d printed kits that you have to assemble.

That is quite ambitious. You'd need a couple friends to help you transform it. I appreciated this comment:

ekwkew0mcf6y.jpg

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    In my further ebay adventures, the guy I bought that Bumblebee from couldn't figure out how to refund me the $15 it took to ship his package back, so he just refunded me the entire cost of the figure, so I basically got it for half-price.

Though I'm thinking of just paypaling him the difference when the toy arrives, since that was a good dude thing to do and I should do a good dude thing back.

Also my Legacy Arcee and Dragstrip have shipped, so I guess there's no backing out now on Menasor.

edited May 2022
    I got my Drag Strip yesterday and have to say I'm really impressed by him. I love the simple transformation and the overall shape of him. The one issue I have is the design choice of having his front spoiler hanging off of his shoulders, but it isn't a deal breaker. The best thing is that there are not many (if any) annoying holes in the arms leaving gaps where they decided to save some money. I honestly can't wait for the rest of the team if this is how well the rest will be made.

Edit: I just saw that Wildrider will have some gappy arms to save money. At least the photos show him with those. Oh well, guess I can't win them all.

Also I just discovered the hidden mode where Drag Strip splits in two for the arms of Menasor. You can stuff a paperclip in the little slot on his back and his legs fall off (come out). This makes it even funnier in robot mode, but it is meant for Menasor's arms so you can split them apart for the elbow area.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Something I've been curious about: Does Drag Strip's instructions in any way reference the Menasor stuff? Like on a scale from "nothing" through "picture" to "pose him like this" ...

Nope. There is nothing in the instructions showing him with Menasor or the rest of the team. Heck it doesn't even show how you can put him into "combiner" mode. I only found out how to separate the bottom half from his upper half by reading it in the wiki page about Drag Strip mentioning the ability to separate him with a hidden button on the underside of the car mode.

The only thing the instructions show is to combine the guns to form a double gun in robot mode, storage of the guns on the backs of his legs, holding each gun in each hand, transforming from robot to vehicle mode, and putting the guns on his vehicle mode.

oosik_betsuni.png
    what the hell is up with Spindle's face?!

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    When a mission seems like a lost cause, the Autobots call in their toughest task force: the Wreckers Repaints.

*edit* Spindle's face is painted in the picture with the white background. I suspect the color background photo is with a pre-production model.

Heffling on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The second is the Time Stone, which is removable and has a built in led and capacitor, so it gets charged up from the batteries in the Eye despite having no batteries itself. The Eye can even turn the Stone off when you close it. This LED in the stone is extremely bright too; like leave spots on your eyes bright.

It's pretty ingenious in its design too - you can simply wind back time to undo the eye damage you incur by looking directly at it.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    My hot take on the giant Metroplex is that Metroplex sucks. He doesn't have a cool robot design OR alt mode!

Give me a 4 foot tall Grimlock or something.

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    My Drag Strip is marked for Jul 5th delivery. Is Amazon always so behind?

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

HexDex wrote: »
    My Drag Strip is marked for Jul 5th delivery. Is Amazon always so behind?

I believe that's when the figures are "due" out, but typically companies just ship them when they get stock in. HTS and Entertainment Earth both shipped me figures that weren't due out until summer, while BBTS has failed to get items in stock that HTS has had for months.

It's a crapshoot.

edited May 2022
    Studio Series '86 Arcee got revealed, a major retool of the Thrilling 30 toy.

-5mm ports on the hands
    -new, boxier waist with a waist swivel
    -new, slimmer hips
    -Hips don't form parts of the car anymore in favor of shellforming for a more accurate vehicle mode, but with more backpack kibble
    -Ankle tilts

TT-001-1.jpg

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/05/10/studio-series-deluxe-86-arcee-dotm-bumblebee-rotf-sideways-officially-revealed-455676

Undead Scottsman on