As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Dear Hasbro Pulse

Why do you gotta announce a sale and include items that you’ve been sold out on for weeks to it?

Search Engines.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The Ark for about a hunno is a pretty good deal; leaves money for the upgrade kit.

Sadly the only items that really catch my eye (that are in stock) are Bulkhead (rather get the wreckers version) and Coronation Starscream (Already have Earthrise Starscream and don't care about his regalia, but I kinda want that throne.)

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Damn. Saw this thread too late. Would def have picked up MP Skywarp and Thundercracker at 40% off.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    The Ark for about a hunno is a pretty good deal; leaves money for the upgrade kit.

Sadly the only items that really catch my eye (that are in stock) are Bulkhead (rather get the wreckers version) and Coronation Starscream (Already have Earthrise Starscream and don't care about his regalia, but I kinda want that throne.)

The throne is so worth it. Plus his hands actually move a bit on this version.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    edited June 2022
    You're a bad influence. :)

Undead Scottsman on
    You're a bad influence. :)

You are welcome.

I bought it for a bit more from a GameStop sale and this price kills me. Hahaha. I'm drooling over some purchases that I really should no do. But I'm weak and they are still in stock so maybe I'll pull the trigger.

If anything maybe you can sell off the other Starscream for $20 to $15.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Dear Hasbro Pulse

Why do you gotta announce a sale and include items that you’ve been sold out on for weeks to it?

Search Engines.

Wouldn’t mind if it was something that was a wide release and out of stock, but I was looking at something that was Hasbro Pulse exclusive

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    There's a potential giant Unicron funko that was on an order list for a store that was spoiled.

also..

Thanks for pointing it out. I've been wishy washy on The Ark, but at this price I think it's worth the risk.

edited June 2022
    So the next Transformers Masterpiece toy. Masterpiece MP-57 Jetfire (Skyfire).

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/06/03/mp-57-masterpiece-skyfire-global-preorders-are-live-457711

Looks pretty good and I sort of want one. Love the little figures that come with him, the toy deco, and all the cartoon features. Sucks since I already have the mainline toy which I was happy with.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    38,500 Yen is ~310 at current exchange rate, and my experience is that the final price will be closer to $385 due to shipping and markups from middle men.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The pre-order is up at BBTS, The Chosen Prime, and ToyDojo (and possibly other places) for $268.99.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    See, I'm just not a huge fan of the cartoon model, mostly because the wings being attached to the top bit just makes no sense. Sure, it lets it do the gerwalk stuff, but... at what cost? :D

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Delduwath wrote: »
    The pre-order is up at BBTS, The Chosen Prime, and ToyDojo (and possibly other places) for $268.99.

I am happy to report I was wrong.

Looks like Hasbro's price is $274.99 making it cheaper at ToyDojo, BBTS, and TCP.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I went through the list of Transformers and pulled out some I think are noteworthy for this sale

Legacy Wave 1 figures: These are still fairly new, so getting them 40% is kind of nice. Currently I only see the 3 core class figures (Skywarp, Hot Rod and Igaunus) plus Bulkhead and some selects (Lift Ticket)

Collaborative Figures: These tend to be a little pricey due to licensing, but the Jurassic Park, X-Men and Back to the Future Crossover figures are available, and at 40% off, that's a pretty good price.

Exclusives: I'm shocked these are still in stock. If you wanted a BW ravage but didn't want to pay $55, now's your chance, and likewise with Tricranius, that Fossilizer with all of the blast effects

Titans: Both the Ark and Black Zarak (Scorponok) are available under this sale.

edited June 2022
    I bought the Megatron from the Ride since I've been eyeing him up ever since they made him available outside of the parks. Mainly because I forgot to buy him at Universal while I was there (and the made up character for the ride). Kup since I liked his original toy and wanted to see the newer version. Black Series Leia since I was tempted before at $19.99 and this price was nearly the cost of a 3 3/4" version. Black Series Fennec since I want to make a custom Bryce Dallas Howard to go with my George Lucas, Filoni, and Favreau figures.

Edit: I have to admit that I was tempted to get another BW Ravage for another cassette (I already bought it at full retail), Tricranius for the blast effects, and the Jurassic Park crossover. Was good and resisted though.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    edited June 2022
    I literally cannot find $75 worth of stuff in this sale that I both want and don't already own. I almost bought a Blaster but he was sold out. I even looked outside of Transformers in case something caught my eye and nada.

Probably easier to just track down a knockoff throne at this point.

EDIT: Maybe I should just get a Black Zarak, sit on it for five years and then resell it.

Undead Scottsman on
    I literally cannot find $75 worth of stuff in this sale that I both want and don't already own. I almost bought a Blaster but he was sold out. I even looked outside of Transformers in case something caught my eye and nada.

Probably easier to just track down a knockoff throne at this point.

EDIT: Maybe I should just get a Black Zarak, sit on it for five years and then resell it.

That sucks since Blaster is a pretty good version. I also like Perceptor, but then again I like Perceptor since I have the original toy.

Sucks you can't find anything else to get a throne. The G1 Ravage in the Decepticons Forever pack is actually a new version of him where both sides are printed rather than just the one side.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited June 2022
    Looks like Bulkhead is going to be the shelf warmer of this wave, just did a pass of the 2 stores near me and saw over a dozen of them between them.

Surprisingly, Coronation Starscream too, saw almost a dozen between the same two stores.

Nobody on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Whelp. This sucks, and is going to be a pain to figure out what to do.

I noticed that my Archecore mech's hips were really not working right when I moved them forward and back. One was fine, but the other one gave a ton more resistance working backwards instead of forwards.

So I decided to take it apart and see if something was installed wrong.

JP4OJ8Mh.jpg

... I'd say so. Both plastic ratchet bits were broken in half, meaning they could slide around the cavity easily. Which has led to one of the springs being horribly bent out of shape. The plastic piece was at a 90 degree angle to the ratchet.

The leg ratchets are die cast metal.

kGAoosmh.jpg

So as a result, I have to now figure out if there's any way to repair or replace this. Given that they are Japanese toys, the likelihood of replacement parts is next to nil. The place I bought it from is sold out, but I'm going to give them an email anyways just in case. 3D printing is a maybe, but with additive plastics you really need to be careful of the grain to make it as strong as possible. I have my ABS plastic cement, which might work as the pieces just need to stay straight. And of course I could try metal replacements.

zmFUlMlh.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Yikes that sucks and is a bummer to a fun toy. Hopefully whomever you bought it from can reach out and see if they can get replacement parts. Going to guess it probably can't be replaced, but maybe they can give you a partial refund. Not sure about replacing it with a 3D printed part or metal one since I was reading people trying to fix the KO MP-44 Optimus Prime gears as well. The 3D printed stuff didn't last long and they never said if they got a metal version made. Speculation was saying that it probably would be worse than the plastic 3D printed gears since it would be metal on metal.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That MP Skyfire is neat, but I'm perfectly happy with the Siege Jetfire

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    I.. uh...

BBTS is refunding my money on the figure, because they can't replace or exchange it right now.

I... I'm literally speechless. It was all I could do to just say "Thank you" and not complain or say it's okay, keep my money and such.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Wow, sucks about the figure, but hard to complain with a full refund

I feel like them using diecast for those parts was a Bad IdeaTM

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Wow, sucks about the figure, but hard to complain with a full refund

I feel like them using diecast for those parts was a Bad IdeaTM

It definitely adds a lot of weight, and I am sure a ton of structural rigidity when the combined mode is ready. However, plastic on metal is just not gonna do great in the long run. The actual ratchet pieces should've been metal, and just trust the springs to introduce the needed flex.

edited June 2022
    I just saw the official photos of Transformers Motormaster. This looks quite interesting.

https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810220374/

So guessing the trailer doesn't have any room to store one of the cars. The base mode is weird to me, but understand the reason behind it. I still don't like how the leg cars also become partial feet.

Overall though it looks so much better than the Combiner Wars version.

Edit: I notice that Motormaster plugs into the Menasor trailer frame like most of the 3P versions. Wonder how much will hang out the back.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    As they were aiming for a cartoon accurate aesthetic, I understand why it is how it is.

Overall, I love it.

Betsuni wrote: »
    I just saw the official photos of Transformers Motormaster. This looks quite interesting.

https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810220374/

So guessing the trailer doesn't have any room to store one of the cars. The base mode is weird to me, but understand the reason behind it. I still don't like how the leg cars also become partial feet.

Overall though it looks so much better than the Combiner Wars version.

Edit: I notice that Motormaster plugs into the Menasor trailer frame like most of the 3P versions. Wonder how much will hang out the back.

The base mode is because the G1 toy had a base mode, right?

Combiner Wars Menasor has been rated the worst combiner ever made by a few youtube reviewers.

Any of the cars can be a leg or arm, because you press a hidden button to split them in half. The foot is just the back half mounted over top of the front half.

Yeah, the original toy had given Motormaster a base mode. Never understood that myself, guess it has to do with the original toy not the Transformer version?

I didn't know any limb can swap. Ok, now that is pretty cool then.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited June 2022
    The oldschool combiners (sometimes called "Scramble City" combiners based on the Japanese exclusive episode of the cartoon that introduced Metroplex, which heavily featured the first four combiners and their combiner gimmick) were originally designed for diaclone and we meant to integrate with Metroplex. You can still stick like the arielbots onto G1 Metroplex's robot mode and hook up the "base" modes for Hotspot and Silverbolt onto Metroplex's city mode. I think Motormaster and Onslaught's base modes could interact with Trypticon's city mode, but nothing for his dino mode.

EDIT:
    metroplex_linkUP.jpg
    scramble.jpg
    Metroplex was apparently designed as part of the aborted Diaclone line, Jizai Gattai ("Free Combination"), given the high degree of interactivity he has with other toys confirmed as part of it — namely, the Aerialbots, Stunticons, Protectobots and Combaticons. Each of the smaller "limb" robot from these four groups (and those that came after using their basic design, like the Technobots, Terrorcons and Seacons) can plug into ports in Metroplex's shoulders and knees in robot mode, while the base modes of the four leaders (Silverbolt, Hot Spot, Motormaster, and Onslaught) can connect to him in city mode. While the former feature was included in the Hasbro instructions, the latter was omitted. The peg-size of Metroplex's weapons also allows them to be wielded by the leaders and super-robots these teams create.

Undead Scottsman on
    Are you sure about the "Any limb" part with Legacy Motormaster? I thought they said things were pretty locked in due to the transformations involved, but I'd be happy to be wrong. After all, it is just plugging the bots into the frame.

The oldschool combiners (sometimes called "Scramble City" combiners based on the Japanese exclusive episode of the cartoon that introduced Metroplex, which heavily featured the first four combiners and their combiner gimmick) were originally designed for diaclone and we meant to integrate with Metroplex. You can still stick like the arielbots onto G1 Metroplex's robot mode and hook up the "base" modes for Hotspot and Silverbolt onto Metroplex's city mode. I think Motormaster and Onslaught's base modes could interact with Trypticon's city mode, but nothing for his dino mode.

EDIT:
    metroplex_linkUP.jpg
    scramble.jpg
    Metroplex was apparently designed as part of the aborted Diaclone line, Jizai Gattai ("Free Combination"), given the high degree of interactivity he has with other toys confirmed as part of it — namely, the Aerialbots, Stunticons, Protectobots and Combaticons. Each of the smaller "limb" robot from these four groups (and those that came after using their basic design, like the Technobots, Terrorcons and Seacons) can plug into ports in Metroplex's shoulders and knees in robot mode, while the base modes of the four leaders (Silverbolt, Hot Spot, Motormaster, and Onslaught) can connect to him in city mode. While the former feature was included in the Hasbro instructions, the latter was omitted. The peg-size of Metroplex's weapons also allows them to be wielded by the leaders and super-robots these teams create.

Ahhh ok that makes sense!!! No wonder I saw photos of Motormaster in base mode connected to Trypticon. That is really cool!

oosik_betsuni.png
    The third trainbot has gone up on Hasbro Pulse. He is also up on all the normal Transformers shops as well.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/transformers-masterpiece-mpg-03-trainbot-yukikaze

oosik_betsuni.png
    Thanks for the head's up!

that's 2 from pulse and 1 from HLJ so far...

Hasbro Pulse sent out an announcement of the next GI Joe/Transformers crossover: AWE Striker Bumblebee

Personally looks like a lot of kibble for that price tag.

AWE Striker Bumbelbee and not Hound?

I mean, I get it, but man what a flavor miss.

Criminal.

edited June 2022
    HexDex wrote: »
    AWE Striker Bumbelbee and not Hound?

I mean, I get it, but man what a flavor miss.

Criminal.

Should have been Optimus Prime at least given that the Cobra one is Megatron.

Edit: Thinking of that. I should go and cancel my pre-order for the Megatron HISS crossover. No reason to have that in my limited room collection.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    $70 is a bigger pricetag than I was expecting for this Bumblebee. Yikes.

I kinda get “why Bumblebee?” But that’s pretty close to a shellformer for $70