As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    HexDex wrote: »
    AWE Striker Bumbelbee and not Hound?

I mean, I get it, but man what a flavor miss.

Criminal.

Should have been Optimus Prime at least given that the Cobra one is Megatron.

Edit: Thinking of that. I should go and cancel my pre-order for the Megatron HISS crossover. No reason to have that in my limited room collection.

This reminded me that I have megs on preorder... And I had very similar thoughts.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Are you sure about the "Any limb" part with Legacy Motormaster? I thought they said things were pretty locked in due to the transformations involved, but I'd be happy to be wrong. After all, it is just plugging the bots into the frame.

No, I don't have any source and it's based on me looking at a few photos for 5 minutes.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    YouTube's Algorithm recommended this video to me of a random guy (whose videos I've never watched before; he seems nice enough but I can't vouch that he's not a monster, this is not an endorsement, disclaimer disclaimer etc) reviewing the Legacy Motormaster:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab96aS0vbfo

I have bowed out of mainline Transformers a long time ago because they're very definitely not what I'm interested anymore, so I'm not an informed judge, here. My impression from the position of someone who's been deeply entrenched in 3rd party Masterpiece figures for the last two years is:
    - If I got this when I was a kid, I'd have loved all the playability of the set, all the things you can do, the different was to configure the pieces, etc.
    - As a boring, humorless adult, I generally like the proportions and overall look of that Menasor's torso, but I'm very disappointed with how short the trailer is, the rinky-dink rear trailer wheels, the various robot parts just displayed out in the open in vehicle mode (Motormaster chest, Menasor chest), those big panels serving as Menasor's heels, and the overall proportions of Motormaster.

I generally liked Drag Strip (from video reviews; I don't own him), but I thought Wildrider was pretty disappointing; the back kibble was for real, and their attempt to do something with it (I think they intended for it to be a cape?) makes it look even worse in my eyes. I also really don't like how Wildrider looks as part of Menasor. But, again, this is very definitely not for me, and it's completely unfair for me to judge it by the standards I've grown accustomed to (MP, whether 3P or official, is completely orthogonal to mainline toys, I can't possibly compare them). I think there's enough cool stuff in there for folks who are into it.

(Reminder to self: Get off my ass and post photos of my X-Transbots and Magic Square Menasors, and the lonely, incomplete Fans Toys Stunticons)

Athenor
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm with you, and was on the fence until I heard how cool drag strip is, so I need to see if they can stick the landing.

Of course, I'm not opposed to buying 3rd party upgrade kits to fix any deficiencies, and I can almost guarantee there will be some for this Menasor.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Amazon has the Jurassic Park Transformers for $80:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096GC12QX

BetsuniForever Zefiro
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

GameStop has it for $63 today (think today since it says it is a daily deal).

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/figures/products/hasbro-transformers-jurassic-park-mash-up-tyrannocon-rex-autobot-jp93-7-in-action-figure/298771.html

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

GameStop has it for $63 today (think today since it says it is a daily deal).

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/figures/products/hasbro-transformers-jurassic-park-mash-up-tyrannocon-rex-autobot-jp93-7-in-action-figure/298771.html

Makes sense given Jurassic World Dominion opened today.

Though the JP transformer set was also part of Hasbro Pulse’s big sale last week so I’m guessing it’s been a bit of a shelfwarmer.

Betsuni
    BBTS has it for $70, as well: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/169077

Really wavering on it. I like the idea, but I don't know if I really need the plastic.

I staved off the urge to buy it during the Hasbro Sale (it sold out twice to save me from myself). This is just making it that much harder to resist. Think if it hit $50 I will fold.

So far I just look at my unbuilt Lego set to help keep myself from buying it. The growing piles of boxes of unopened toys also reminds me I don't need this set. Plus all I want is the Ford Explorer out of this set to go with the Ecto-1, DeLorean, and F-14 on my shelf.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I haven't updated ya'll for a while, but once we sold our old house, I had some extra spending money for dolls, so I bought a couple. I mentioned that I got a blue body for Liara. I also got myself another "tea" girl whom I haven't yet named. Danny Choo also officially released these uniforms for sale, so I was able to complete my Space Marine squad. Only Shepard (center) and Liara are Mass Effect expys:

3rz2g184abhx.jpg

Now if I could just get myself working on the 3d prints, they'd all get some guns.

I took off Liara's wig because it just looked wrong. Sculpting a Liara headpiece is also on my to-do list.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    AthenorBetsuniHefflingDizzy DMelonTronHexDexLindsay LohanLocal H JayBrainleech
    Looks good displayed in the shelving too! They look good together. Like they were a set.

oosik_betsuni.png
    CambiataHefflingHexDexLindsay Lohan
    edited June 2022
    I.... think... this qualifies as the first vehicle for Archecore that isn't piloted by the Ursus guard.

It's all sorts of silly, so I'm curious how it will go. Seems more in line with the bunkers than the kickass truck and wolves.

4VB5Mlml.jpg

Also I emailed Toys Alliance about replacement parts. Can't hurt, right?

Athenor on
    BetsuniCambiata
    Oh neat, so they’re adding a Salamanders to the Space Wolves

Heffling
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Some new GI Joe Classified went up, Amazon exclusive, they seem to be staying in stock decently. Pretty cool figs if you like ninja

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Betsuni
    edited June 2022
    I'm not into GI Joe but those are cool.

Edit: AKA tempting. Hahaha.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I haven't looked at my Funko prices in a minute but the Jetfire Pop is selling for over 100 right now and the Nemesis Prime is floating around 50-60

I'm kinda over the transformer line now that there's so many, same thing that happened with me and pokemon where it got too bloated so I gave up quickly. I'm short on cash lately so I might purge some of these to pare things down to just Spider-Man/Marvel and a few select series I really like.

EE pushed back the Courage the Cowardly Dog pop and that's the only one I've been looking forward to for a while

Betsuni
    The Archecore Forestry dudes have had their big mech shown.

Looks like the line is going with the same basic body/frame, with remolded parts to make them look different.

... I really can't complain, as it helps save costs and the new one looks pretty cool, but it is a little sad that it isn't 100% new.

Betsuni
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Some of the funko transformers are only through the nft thing. The giant Unicron from SDCC looks neat though. It's going to be shared with gamestop. I'm probably going to pick up the new nosferatu funko at some point, the tiny rat is adorable.

Local H Jay
    Just buy knockoffs. Then you'll have all the Non-Funko Transformers you want!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Funkos are simple enough I'm sure you could 3D print them.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Vinyl toys are still made using molds, and have a distinct look and feel to them. Not that it matters for display but vinyl has that 'fuzzy' quality to it that lends itself well to doll faces like Barbie.

3D printing is getting more and more robust so I wouldn't be surprised if they find a plastic that mimics vinyl well enough. It's the 'layered' look that gives away most 3D printed stuff. Still, some really cool after market toy stuff has come out of it already.

E.Coyote
    I saw that Gamegenic is offering protective cases in Europe, and thought of this thread. I guess if you are into protecting your pops, they wouldn't hurt? Dunno when they'll be available in North America though.

ADBTbkol.jpg

rxmivy1l.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I remember someone was looking for a G2 Megatron. Well here's a nice priced small one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H1653S1/

oosik_betsuni.png
    NobodyForever ZefiroMegaMan001
    Wow, I can't remember the last time I've seen an official release of the original Devastator mold.

... I am very glad I'm passed collecting all the Transformers Crossover things with those Street Fighter ones.

I also just tripped my bank's fraud protection because my first purchase with HobbyLink Japan hit -- Shouki has been charged! Wooo! The nightmare of collecting the trainbots has begun! I won't be shipping it over here until my Macross Plus stuff comes in, but it's a start.

BetsuniHeffling
    edited June 2022
    Wow, I can't remember the last time I've seen an official release of the original Devastator mold.

... I am very glad I'm passed collecting all the Transformers Crossover things with those Street Fighter ones.

I also just tripped my bank's fraud protection because my first purchase with HobbyLink Japan hit -- Shouki has been charged! Wooo! The nightmare of collecting the trainbots has begun! I won't be shipping it over here until my Macross Plus stuff comes in, but it's a start.

Walmart rereleased the original G1 Devastator in 2019 or 2020 (I think it was around then, but can't remember exactly) since I remember getting all excited and ordering two. Busted one out of the box since I always wanted a complete Devastator as a kid. I had access to the entire team split between my brother and I.

Edit: I pre-ordered one of this set because of the crazy crossover and I am a sucker for G1 toys. Will probably pick up a second on discount later on to play with or see if I can take off the Tonka labels.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Heffling
    Man I’m kinda wanting that tonka crossover, I was never able to find the Walmart rerelease here.

Street fighter crossovers are kinda meh for me.

I basically already have that Devastator, just without the Tonka labels (G2 Constructicons), sitting in an old lunchbox under my bed I think. It's got a lot of childhood wear and tear but I have all the pieces.

Didn't really have any desire for the SF2 figures the first time so I think I'll skip those as well.

Hasbro showed off some stuff yesterday.

Velocitron Speedia 500 subline exclusive to Walmart

Velocitron-Spedia-500-Line-up-01.jpg

Deluxes
    -IDW Blurr (Retooling of SS86 Blurr to look like IDW Blurr)
    -Diaclone Universe Burnout (Redeco of Legacy Skids with Crosscuts head, designed after an old Diaclone toy. She was a non-sentient machine piloted by a human woman in the past, so they're referring to her with female pronouns)
    -G2 Universe Road Rocket (Legacy Prime Universe Arcee with a new head designed after the G2 laser cycle)
    -Diaclone Universe Clampdown (Redeco of Kingdom Red Alert in black and white)
    -G1 Cosmos (Apparently a new mold? He doesn't look quite as chonky as I'd like in robot mode, but close enough. Comes with a racing flag to fit in with the lines theme)

Voyagers
    -Road Hauler (redeco of Earthrise Grapple in constructicon green, with a new facial expression.)
    -Cybertron Universe Overide (New mold of the character from the 2005 Cybertron series. After the disappointment with the Prime charges, Overirde is a welcome surprise as she looks great.)

Leader
    -Robots in Disguise 2000 Universe Scourge (Redeco of Legacy G2 Laser Optimus Prime, but in Nemesis Prime colors rather than actually looking like Black Convoy/Scourge from the 2000/2001 series, which is a major bummer.)

They also showed off some non transforming RED figures (G1 Thundercracket, Prime Optimus and Megatron), the Maverick reissue (which won't come with the volley ball accessories unfortunately) and Shattered Glass Slicer, based on the G1 Actionmaster Redeco of Earthrise Wheeljack with a redeco the weaponizer, Earthrise Fasttrack, as his "exosuit" accessory.

We're up to THREE action master exclusive characters who have gotten new transforming toys. Wild.

BetsuniMidniteHeffling
    Cosmos is interesting since he’s a character that they tend to miss when redoing his comrades (recent releases Warpath and Seaspray come to mind).

Of the rest I kinda like Scourge but I dunno if I have the space for him.

Hefflingjkylefulton
    Oooh I like that Cosmos. He'll look good next to the newer Warpath. Think I'll get that Override since I like more female bots, even though I have no idea who she is. I'm tempted with Clampdown, but really should pass on him since I already have Red Alert. Burnout is tempting since she is a neat color of the Skids toy.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Long story short is that Override is from the cybetronian colony world of Velocitron (aka the Speed Planet) and is in fact that worlds leader in the Cybertron cartoon. Velocitron is obsessed with racing and speed, and the championship trophy for the Speedia 500 happens to be one of the mcguffins for for the season and it's starts in the possession of Override and she'll only give it up is someone beats her in the race.

She's pretty arrogant but can back up her boasts on the racetrack. She's also very race obsessed until enough of the Autobots attitude rubs off on her and she decides there's more to life than racing and joins them in their mission. She also forms a bond with one of the human companions, a young woman named Lori, even referring to each other as "Big/Little sister.

Though given in the Japanese version, the character, as Nitro Convoy, is male, I have to wonder how that played out there.

Betsuni
    Long story short is that Override is from the cybetronian colony world of Velocitron (aka the Speed Planet) and is in fact that worlds leader in the Cybertron cartoon. Velocitron is obsessed with racing and speed, and the championship trophy for the Speedia 500 happens to be one of the mcguffins for for the season and it's starts in the possession of Override and she'll only give it up is someone beats her in the race.

She's pretty arrogant but can back up her boasts on the racetrack. She's also very race obsessed until enough of the Autobots attitude rubs off on her and she decides there's more to life than racing and joins them in their mission. She also forms a bond with one of the human companions, a young woman named Lori, even referring to each other as "Big/Little sister.

Though given in the Japanese version, the character, as Nitro Convoy, is male, I have to wonder how that played out there.

Oh cool. I'll have her next to Blurr on my shelf then. They can have a conversation of who is faster. Thanks for the back story about the character.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I actually just watched Cybertron for the first time a couple weeks ago so it's still fresh in my brain.

Betsuni
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    It's kind of tempting to order some of these to freak out some folks...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SiliconeSound?ref=condensed_trust_header_title_sold

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Good luck getting Walmart exclusives

They never have a set date that they show up on the site for preorder, so you just have to hope you catch notification from somewhere

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    NobodyMidnite
    Every time I see RID Optimus I expect his shoulders to just start blasting the sickest beats.

Betsuni
    The timing of the Street Fighter crossover reveal is making me giggle. Here, this requires a little bit of background information.

Magic Square is a 3rd Party company that makes Legends-scale figures; they are one of two that make Legends-scale figures of G1 characters. A couple of weeks ago, they revealed their upcoming Ironhide. Earlier today, they revealed their upcoming Ratchet.

From what I understand (I am extremely not a lawyer, none of this is legal advice, please consult a local law professional), 3rd Party figures are kind of a legal grey area; they are clearly not knockoffs, because they are generally 100% unique and original engineering and physical molds, and they do not attempt to pass themselves off as Takara/Hasbro products. However, they are clearly based on someone else's intellectual property. However^2, though, you can't trademark or copyright "robot man that transforms into a truck", and - from what I understand - you can't even trademark or copyright "robot man with blue leg-warmers, white tights, a red shirt, and blue helmet who turns into a Freightliner semi". You CAN, however, trademark the Autobot symbol, and the name "Optimus Prime". So, to stay in the legal grey area and skirt legal danger, 3rd Party companies very obviously make a, let's say, G1 Ironhide/Ratchet, but they do not put any Autobot symbols on them, and they do not name them "Ironhide"/"Ratchet". Instead, they come up with their own cutesy names for these robots.

The name that Magic Square is using for their red van-who-turns-into-a-man is Ken. The name that they're using for their white van-who-turns-into-a-man is Ryu.

I will leave you with the reveal videos for these two figures:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuVkn8eY1tQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCVauHDIPPc

BetsuniHeffling
    Some year 2 Legacy stuff for Transformers has leaked. The thing that caught my eye? Armada Megatron as a Leader class.

Which implies that maybe Tidal Wave will be the commander, maybe possibly?

Some year 2 Legacy stuff for Transformers has leaked. The thing that caught my eye? Armada Megatron as a Leader class.

Which implies that maybe Tidal Wave will be the commander, maybe possibly?

I just looked at the list.

Core Sludge! Core Dinobots????? Oh my. Yes please.

Here is the list for those who are not looking at other sites.
    Legacy Year 2
    • Voyager Leo Prime
    • Voyager Tarn
    • Leader Prime Skyquake
    • Leader Armada Megatron
    • Core Sludge
    • Deluxe Needlenose
    • Deluxe Hot Shot
    • Deluxe Junkion 1
    • Core Soundblaster
    • Core Slug

Velocitron Wave 2