Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Well you sold me on a copy. Now I just need to get my hands on one. He'll look good next to Barricade, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime in the movie area.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    Goodsmile's having a show this weekend, which means figma news! There's a whole lot of stuff, but these are the ones I'm probably going to pick up.

I was on the fence with this one as it's not the classic color scheme, but it looks great. Fun fact, this will be Samus' fourth entry in the figma line, so she's doing pretty well. A prototype EMMI was also shown off.
    82ln1bn0z1n9.jpg

They're going with a cloth cape for Raidou, I get why for poseability, but based on previous releases with cloth accessories there is a high chance of it staining the flesh parts if left on. I'm a big Raidou fan though, so I'll likely end up getting him and just displaying him without the cape.
    fl7yulx14u0l.jpg

And in an unexpected reveal, world's best dad Gendo from Evangelion. I'm hoping for an alternate part to switch the visor for his regular glasses for the classic look.
    7svbvjsq7l4d.jpg

I was also happy to see the Symphogear ACT MODE releases are continuing with Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika rather than stopping after the original trio.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Woah, talk about impossibly tight tolerances!

Trying to figure out how to disassemble this thing, and I noticed that one of the pegs wasn't coming out properly, and there was a stress mark on the outside.

2ltxf6Il.jpg

And... yup. Mismatch in sizes, I'd say.

nv9oKbsl.jpg

Edit: Everything about this assembly is evil.

Pz4XvqTl.jpg

So the backpack folds up REALLY tight, yeah? There's places of clearance for everything... except the tail rotor. The stabilizers have notches cut out, the armor plates have areas they definitely slot in, there's even spots where the arms peg into the engine intakes... But figuring out how to do all that while getting the rotor in place, in a way that didn't bend the rotor, was INFURIATING.

I'm... pretty sure I got it. At least, I have it enough that I"m not trying anymore.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    @MelonTron Whoa, why is Gendo wearing a weird visor? Is that from the new movies?

@Athenor yikes! Is that a common error with that peg? That would suck if it is. Hopefully it is an error and you can get a replacement.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Yeah, the visor is from the rebuild movies. There's a very good reason for it.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    MelonTron Whoa, why is Gendo wearing a weird visor? Is that from the new movies?

Athenor yikes! Is that a common error with that peg? That would suck if it is. Hopefully it is an error and you can get a replacement.

I've seen it happen before with a tight peg. It likely is just a mold that didn't form right or has too much stuff. It feels like half the mold is tight, so they likely came from the same runners.

There's a few hairline fracture points here and there, but frankly I don't care - you don't notice them normally. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Yeah, the visor is from the rebuild movies. There's a very good reason for it.

Ah ok. I'll have to watch them one of these days.
    Athenor wrote: »
    MelonTron Whoa, why is Gendo wearing a weird visor? Is that from the new movies?

Athenor yikes! Is that a common error with that peg? That would suck if it is. Hopefully it is an error and you can get a replacement.

I've seen it happen before with a tight peg. It likely is just a mold that didn't form right or has too much stuff. It feels like half the mold is tight, so they likely came from the same runners.

There's a few hairline fracture points here and there, but frankly I don't care - you don't notice them normally. :)

I'm sad to hear that there are a few hairline fractures. Hopefully they won't get bigger.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    @Athenor lol I thought you said it’s fun to transform, you’re not convincing me :p

I definitely need that Samus. I believe they showed off a new Guyver also

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Athenor lol I thought you said it’s fun to transform, you’re not convincing me :p

I definitely need that Samus. I believe they showed off a new Guyver also

Fun has many definitions.

I am content.

h53o6vQh.jpg

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ya'll, I FINALLY put up a display shelf for my other dolls. Behold:

v54j5nfv99a9.jpg

I intend to put up a second shelf for my Vespa and other collectables. And probably more Smart Dolls or other BJDs when I get them.

The dolls are, from left to right:

Batgirl (obvs), Max (aka Lelouch Lamperouge, but I never watched that anime, this was just the only Smart Doll boy that I liked) wearing jeans and a tight tee, Zoe wearing a traditional Japanese Hakama, Susanna in distressed jean shorts and a laddered sweater and doing the Vulcan salute, Isobel wearing the black version of that Strawberry dress that was all over Tik Tok a couple of years ago, Fianna in a bar maid dress, and Sofia who's shorts I changed out for longer pants because they seem more suited to her rugged outdoors look.

You also may or may not have noticed a tiny lipstick container next to Sofia on the shelf. Why is lipstick on the shelf? Because this is what the lipstick looks like:

j7lh70n0oqnq.jpg

It is legitimately a lip product (lip balm, not lipstick) but I only bought it because of the cute sculpt and I'm not going to use it and destroy that adorable face. I actually wish it were a figure instead of lip balm.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I also wanted to add, about the lipstick, the creator of that item had an anniversary cat set with the cat in a top hat, and eyeshadows shaped like the full cat. They don't sell that set anymore, but there are some folks online selling the ones they got. That set looks like this:

jvgq1kbp5dot.png
    mlreeo4g2u3q.png

I am tempted to buy this set second hand and attempt making molds. But there's no telling how fragile eyeshadow-cats are, especially after a few years.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    I started thinking, if I like cat miniatures this much then I should start looking at the sculptors who make BJDs of cats and find one I think is cute enough to purchase. Well it took a little work, but I found one! Unfortunately they're expensive as hell. Now granted, I could buy a knock-off version of what this artist makes, but I don't want to rip off artists, I'll either do without it or save up and buy it later.

Alternately, I am aware of some cheaper cat bjds like this one, but that one comes unpainted and I don't really like the style that much.

So finally I settled on having an Etsy artist make me a needle-felted version of one of my cats. And if I like it I'll commission more for the rest of my cats.

• Options
    MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    Yeah, as mentioned, it's Gendo from the last of the Rebuild movies. Not my preferred look, but obviously they want to tie into the most recent media. Just hoping for optional parts. Honestly, I'm surprised he's getting a figure instead of new releases for the girls which seems like the obvious print money move.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    NSFW link because this doll is nude and realistically painted, but man I wish I could afford this doll:

https://www.victoriabuckley.com/shop/enchanted-doll-by-marina-bychkova

a8n9qscc2x68.png

Cambiata on
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Motormaster #2 just came in.

Initial inspection shows the broken pin on the earlier one is correct this time around, so that's a good sign.

Edit: very good sign, I can take him to robot mode and the only issue is his right shoulder not pegging in properly - which I can fix with a file or something.

Athenor on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I am super annoyed with USPS. I mentioned several weeks ago I won an auction for an Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Valkyrie with the Super Parts Pack. It was sent out on 7/22 and showed flying out of Toronto on 7/25 to Chicago, where it sat for 2 weeks until being rediscovered on Sunday. It showed up at the North Houston Sorting Facility yesterday, but for some reason got sent to a Dallas sorting facility instead of where I live just outside of Houston.

Watching the graph of this package and it's travel to me is more stressful than watching the stock market wreck my retirement fund.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    My Sludge finally arrived, still in box atm as is the other two. Will probably break out this weekend rather than wait for Snarl and Swoop

Side note: BBTS ships via FedEx, apparently for the last leg they used USPS (I didn’t see it delivered but I was told so by my MIL).

While I was picking up the rest of the mail, I happened to see a FedEx truck speed past.

Never change FedEx, never change.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    I am super annoyed with USPS. I mentioned several weeks ago I won an auction for an Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Valkyrie with the Super Parts Pack. It was sent out on 7/22 and showed flying out of Toronto on 7/25 to Chicago, where it sat for 2 weeks until being rediscovered on Sunday. It showed up at the North Houston Sorting Facility yesterday, but for some reason got sent to a Dallas sorting facility instead of where I live just outside of Houston.

Watching the graph of this package and it's travel to me is more stressful than watching the stock market wreck my retirement fund.

Well it is getting some flight time in.

Seriously though, I hate watching tracking on packages. It makes me nervous seeing where it sits or gets misdirected. My worst was something that shipped from Florida and went to Alaska then to California. That was interesting. Then the worst is when they (all of them seem to do it) return it to the right direction but it is the lowest priority.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Well it is getting some flight time in.

Seriously though, I hate watching tracking on packages. It makes me nervous seeing where it sits or gets misdirected. My worst was something that shipped from Florida and went to Alaska then to California. That was interesting. Then the worst is when they (all of them seem to do it) return it to the right direction but it is the lowest priority.

The best part is that USPS still expects this to be delivered on August 1st.

• Options
    I've been told that FedEx is so short on drivers, that right now they are just not scanning things for a while because they have no trucks to load them on. It sounds like they are just breaking down... which doesn't surprise me with how the USPS has been gutted and how people are actually demanding a living wage.

I know, I know... the US benefits from "low" shipping costs (actually factored into the price of items elsewhere). But doing things to make their trackers outright lie just kills customer satisfaction.

• Options
    MENASOR!

I'll cut to the chase. This is not where he'll be living, but it gives a good comparison shot.

fmNlmu9h.jpg

First off, he's a very solid bot with much more going on than I expected. Motormaster really does make up the bulk of the chest, with only his chestplate and hips being on the trailer. The rest is limb frame.

I love how they direct you on installing Dead End. You can do it without, but if you start from a specific point, it really feels like he's adding in the transformation. And the paint apps help a ton.

Articulation is mostly good... mostly.

But there's definitely room for improvement.

First and foremost, dude needs a better sword and a way better gun. The sword seems scaled to Motormaster, and I'd much prefer a giant honking blade. The gun can't be hand-held properly due to how the handles work. So you pretty much need to use the stand. And other than holding up the gun, all the stand really does is fill in the trailer and allow the "Base mode." It's the definition of useless kibble.

mg7s9pjh.jpg

My biggest complaint has to be the ankles. They are on ratchets, but they don't angle forward. So that cool pose I have Blackout in? I can't do that with Menasor. I get part of that is due to the cars, because their hoods will make up the heel pieces. But it's still a bummer. Maybe that's something that can be fixed in the future. A close second is the solid hands. Just.. giant lumps of plastic. Reminds me of the olden days.

I am happy to see that Menasor is pretty well scaled with the Prime Wars trilogy combiners. My Volcanicus has aftermarket parts, so it's not a perfect comparison, but the legs being of equal height makes sense. So they went from a voyager core and deluxe limbs to a commander core and (smaller) deluxe limbs.

• Options
    Yeah I hate that turret with a passion. Wish they made it so you could attach it to the back of Menasor or something instead of just there.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    And the VF-1J Valkyrie arrived tonight...with two broken hip joints. =(

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Fuck

In not as bad news, my Motormaster arrived today and the shipping box was beat to hell and the toy box is also kinda smashed in here and there as they barely put any cushioning. I haven't actually opened it to see what Motormaster's condition is

I think I may just message Hasbro Pulse and ask "yo wtf y u ship $90 toy liek dis????"

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

Oh man that blows. Especially after you waited so long for FedEx to decide to deliver it.

Fuck

In not as bad news, my Motormaster arrived today and the shipping box was beat to hell and the toy box is also kinda smashed in here and there as they barely put any cushioning. I haven't actually opened it to see what Motormaster's condition is

I think I may just message Hasbro Pulse and ask "yo wtf y u ship $90 toy liek dis????"

Yikes! Hopefully the packaging saved him.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Mine was USPS after the handoff from Canada Mail. @Nobody had the FedEx woes.

• Options

Fuck

There is a LOT of internal padding offered by the cardboard. The box is scaled for the previous commanders, but it is definitely not that big.

And sucks about the hips, Heffling. Hopefully you can get those fixed, because damn. :(

• Options
    Mine was USPS after the handoff from Canada Mail. Nobody had the FedEx woes.

Oh sheesh... Two postal systems that need to explain themselves.

Either way at least you are protected by eBay. Still sucks for you and the seller with it broken in shipping.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yeah I contacted the seller, we'll find out. It looks like I would have to complete disassemble the legs to get to the broken part area, and it's in a cavity. I'm not sure if there's any way to pin it, and I don't want to glue because I don't want to risk locking the joint by accident.

The seller reached out and provided some videos showing the transformation. I've only had my hands on the Arcadia version of this toy, and in the original Yamato version the legs were meant to detach by use of a switch. So everything worked out great!

Heffling on
  • Options

... ...

llpb4rejcpvn.png

I don't have a problem, why do you ask?

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Color me intrigued: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/212438

A bit out of my price range but there's a severe lack of transformers that turn into naval vessels.

...I could swear this one came up before but I can't find it in the thread history.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Oh god, and it's gonna be part of a combiner too?!

• Options
    It's not April 1st, but I have to think this is a joke:

I think it might be Danny's way of cutting through the social media drama that's been surrounding him for the last week or so. If so, I have to commend his dedication to a joke.

• Options
    I actually really like the brunette one, reminds me a lot of like 70s anime

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I ordered my first ever resin doll today, "Little Coco" from this preorder:

https://bjdivas.com/shoushou-doll-little-coco-doudou-limited-ordering-period/?v=7516fd43adaa

c5c7c0eyq8re.png

She's 1/6 scale which is approximately barbie scale. This company/artist only sells the doll, she doesn't come with clothes, eyes, hair, or a painted face. So once I get her I'll be purchasing several of those items, followed by trying to paint her to look like the pictures.

Because she comes as a blank, I did briefly consider purchasing this doll or this doll instead. I just ultimately wasn't excited about the paint job on either doll. And while they come with clothes and shoes, they aren't the kind of clothes and shoes I think I would want to put on child-looking dolls (the same applies for what Shoushou doll has put in pictures, but the doll doesn't come with those dresses).

I've admired Shoushou Dolls for a while now, this has been my first opportunity to actually own one. I would have preferred one in 1/4 scale, but I wasn't able to purchase Niko when she was still available, on account of having no money then. A smaller doll will give me the chance to see what products from this artist are like, in any case.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I've mentioned my local game store and their Squishables in the past here.

Well, looks like the store owner decided he wanted to do something special.

Q1abPsVh.jpg

This is Griffy, the store's mascot. The colors are off (too dark on the red), and they wanted it in mini size instead of this larger size. It won't be available for sale until next year - I suspect to go along with the new store opening.

... I just want to pet him and hug him.

Athenor on
  • Options
    And squeeze him and name him George...

• Options
    Hasbro announced a new wave of Transformers today. Some are already up on websites and Pulse.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/generations

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/studio-series

I pre-ordered Dead End (of course), Movie Hot Rod (since I love the car mode), Ironhide (since he looks better than the previous version in van mode), Pointblank (I loved the Targetmasters growing up), MPM Blackout (thanks to @Athenor ), and MP Burn Out.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers/products/transformers-movie-masterpiece-series-mpm-13-decepticon-blackout-and-scorponok

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers/products/transformers-masterpiece-mp-53-b-autobot-burn-out

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I ordered Ironhide, Armada Starscream, and Dead End.

I've never had an Ironhide, and he looks pretty cool.

I've never had any Armada toys, and haven't seen the show and thought that Screamer design / toy looked pretty cool, so in he went.

Dead End was a a forgone conclusion since I need all the Stunticons.

Did it from Amazon though, not Pulse.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    I wish I had the original wing sword from my armada starscteam
    It is just such a weird toy without it. The thrilling 40 one wasn't horrible though.