Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    He big.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Last picture, I swear! >.< Well, maybe more if desired, or when I get the other gauntlet.

I was going to wait until I got the last gauntlet (which should be coming in Sautrday), but I couldn't help myself. I decided to armor up the Frost Light.

Good news: Everything fits. I am glad they added some things to stiffen up the arms.

Bad news: Yeah, my "repaired" ratchets are barely holding. It can get dynamic poses, but not as much as you'd expect. Seems to be the chainswords that are mainly causing the issue, so when he can hold the other one I'll be in better shape. The berserker armor definitely adds a lot of extra mass to him.

I'm still waiting to hear back if the manufacturer can get me replacement parts.

So now the question is... do I keep going with this toyline? I like the figures, but they are pricey for being army builder types. The big buildings/bunkers are definitely cool looking, and I like the expandability, but buildings take up a lot of room. I've seen that a later one is going to do a centaur mech when they get to the Arthurian Knights themed line (the next set are forestry themed). And so far we have not seen a ton of the "Bad guys."

I'll probably hold off for a bit. I'm glad I assembled (or mostly assembled) this guy, he definitely is imposing and fits my tastes. We'll see.

Xm1nOSVh.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I thought he was going to be bigger than CW Devastator, or was that the Cang Toys combiner you're collecting now?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Heffling wrote: »
    I thought he was going to be bigger than CW Devastator, or was that the Cang Toys combiner you're collecting now?

Cang Toys is gonna be bigger.

Edit: Size comparison for latest acquisitions.
    SVi0A7Ch.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Athenor, by all means keep posting robut pictures, because it makes me feel less guilty about doll picture spam.

Speaking of which, I decided to try her on the lavender wig I have, because I realized that whatever color I dye her tail and lower legs should match her hair (hair = fur, after all), so if I stick with brown then her lower legs and tail should be brown, if I want a fantasy color I need to get a fantasy color wig. I know I didn't apply this logic to her eyebrows and lashes, but whatever, darker colors are more visible and I'm not going to do it over again in purples. Maybe I'll do that for the next head.

werj3fywrlo2.jpg

Speaking of the next head, I lucked out and BJDivas got some of the human-style Shoushou bodies, as well as the head for a doll named Kitty Coco.

Basically I purchased this doll:
    https://bjdivas.com/product/in-stock-shoushou-doll-niko-nude-doll-human-version-c-head-normal-skin/?v=7516fd43adaa

And this head:
    https://bjdivas.com/product/in-stock-shoushou-doll-kitty-coco-head-white/?v=7516fd43adaa

Both in the color "semi-white", and I'm going to match them together. My understanding is that Kitty Coco originally had a smaller body than Niko, and I do hope to get a chance to purchase it some day, but in the meantime this'll do.

Frankly, I'm partly tempted to buy a third Niko (from that first link above) and use the winking face on her. And maybe even the surprised/sad/curious faced Niko, too. I dunno, I guess I'm really in love with this artist right now. I should probably keep the breaks on once I get the semi-white Niko and Coco head delivered.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I can't live vicariously through your giant toy robot photos if you stop posting giant toy robot photos Athenor .

• Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again and I'll say it forever: please post all the photos, please go over your ISP rate limit with how many photos you post, please go into debt because you've gone over your ISP rate limit so bad because you've posted so many photos of toys.

• Options
    okay, but I don't wanna be alone! I love Cambiata's dolls! I wanna see others! :)

• Options
    Oh hey, Freki and Strula came in early!

lm6bYx2h.jpg

Much more fierce than the other gauntlet, vicious looking.

jhMYXb0h.jpg

And as always, lots of little accessories, mostly hands.

gIxVZlNh.jpg

But what does that mean? Well....

w7M2Bsmh.jpg

They approve.

pCjiz8ih.jpg

But what's that at the top?

AGUwPZgh.jpg

• Options
    The fact that the center mecha is wielding the arms like it was a power loader from aliens just delights me.

• Options
    It is NOT subtle. :D It's very much armor, not a gestalt.

• Options
    Whelp... I guess that answers that.

I decided to stop by Target tonight after watching my folks, and they had a ton of NECA toys on sale. Most notably for me, they had the Gargoyles Bronx.. and Demona.

TMOes91h.jpg

And I just... I couldn't do it.

Gargoyles hit right when I was a teenager. Which, you can guess what that means Demona did for me. Right up there with staying up late / waking up early to catch Sailor Moon or Darkstalkers. It always seemed like the characters I was attracted to were the baddies in cartoons. And thanks to my repression/feelings on my teen years, combined with being fucking 40 and alone, it just... isn't something I can bring myself to buy, you know? Which is a shame because it looks like a hell of a figure!

I dunno. If it's showing up in overflow at Target, then I am not too worried about picking it up if I change my mind, though I'd likely need the whole cast. And the other NECA figures.. well... uncanny valley Murphy there just wasn't my bag.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    As a teen, I had more of a thing for Angela, but after growing up, Demona definitely seems like the hotter of the two. I think it was because Angela was closer to my age than Demona. Now that I'm a decrepid adult, Demona is definitely more age appropriate. I guess she's technically a MILF? Wait, what was the qustion?

As an aside, I've had that Demona figure on preorder at Entertainment Earth since like May. Ship it already!

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I've seen some of the Gargoyles stuff in the toy section at Best Buy as well.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Action figures thread, tell me which color story you like best.

Pink:
    plq9ihbpya3u.jpg
    ltymvm957aqm.jpg

Purple:
    y0tbya7xnmqv.jpg
    il4vqjwm0yam.jpg
    pgniwrez7rbh.jpg

Or purple to pink ombre:
    m4qzfryf67f9.jpg
    7tcq4veo9yat.jpg

Here's purple and ombre side by side:
    vvi247mz6cl9.jpg

• Options
    Pink to purple, definitely.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Pink to purple, definitely.

I'm a sucker for color transitions so agree with this.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I did end up going with ombre, but before I did I mixed the pink and purple dyes together until I got my favorite color, orchid purple. So this is the final result, using only that one dye to get the transition:

b491lb18ok3t.jpg

The hooves are the same dye, just saturated almost as much as I could possibly make them. The bottom of the legs I kept light in color, so I wouldn't have to dye her whole body:

fwxf7bsmbat1.jpg

Once I'm absolutely sure everything is dry, I'll reassemble her.

• Options
    Ok now that they're painted: With horns, or without?

55ygjtaquksk.jpg
    pwfdy85kunde.jpg

• Options
    The horns go well with the hooves and tail.

• Options
    The horns go well with the hooves and tail.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards yes on the horns.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Y'all, I like how she turned out so much that I'm contemplating buying another faun doll just to dye her different colors. Somebody stop me!

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Y'all, I like how she turned out so much that I'm contemplating buying another faun doll just to dye her different colors. Somebody stop me!

No. Stop. Don't.
    Read in Gene Wilder's voice of course.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    My new doll arrived today, just in time to keep me from spending money on another doll! Currently I don't have any eyes for her, and I don't have any blue tac to attach her eyes even if I had some. So while I didn't spend money on another doll, I did spend money on doll eyes and more clothes, which I hope won't take too long to get here.

otjixnmymdxt.jpg

You'll notice her mouth is wide open with nothing in there. That's because she has two interchangeable mouth parts. Just look at these muppet-looking motherfuckers!

lqof5ywva6e5.jpg

She also comes with cat ears, which I also can't properly attach without blue tac:

8ao5qvue716f.jpg

Finally, the body comes with a unicorn horn; that's because the body is the human variant of Niko, the doll I recently dyed. I don't think I'm down for a kitty with a unicorn horn, so I might dye it June's colors and have her sometimes wear it instead of the ram horns. Not sure yet. I am still thinking about another faun doll, so I might save the unicorn horn for that faun.

I won't start work on Coco's colors tonight, but I'm thinking she will have tuxedo cat coloring on her cat parts - that is, black ears with white tufts in the interior. The mouth parts I will dye pink or red, then paint the teeth with white acrylic paint.

• Options
    I love coming to this thread.
    Never know if I'm going to get giant robot pictures.
    Or nightmare fuel dolls with no faces.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    I love coming to this thread.
    Never know if I'm going to get giant robot pictures.
    Or nightmare fuel dolls with no faces.

I probably just gave myself nightmares looking at the photos, and I can't stop looking.

I'm trying to look at the cute cat ears and face on the dress hoping to not scar myself. Then the lips come into view...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Ya'll stop being mean to my cute dolly or I'll tell you about actually nightmarish dolls!

• Options
    Ya'll stop being mean to my cute dolly or I'll tell you about actually nightmarish dolls!

I'll be good. I promise.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Betsuni wrote: »

I'll be good. I promise.

No it's too late, now I'm going to tell you about the doll line who's entire aesthetic is goth creepiness, and the doll from that brand that I recently considered buying.

The name of the brand is Doll Chateau. Literally every doll they have is either a body horror, some sort of cryptid, or looks like a serial killer. Naturally I can't share pictures because like 80% of their dolls are nude and meant to be displayed nude. Although if you DM me I'd show them to you. Even the "human" dolls are lanky enough to make Slenderman jealous. One of the first dolls of theirs that ever intrigued me was a guy doll with a smile just a little too wide to be comfortable. It was actually the creepy smile that intrigued me. But at the time I wasn't committed enough to want to paint a face for that doll, so I passed on it.

The doll I was most recently interested in, but rejected for being too expensive, is called Laney and is still in stock at BJDivas. Laney is a human moth creature, and she's on the same scale as my Smart Dolls so she's gigantic. She has a human face, a female body of the lanky type that Doll Chateau prefers, and moth wings. So far, just a normal fantasy doll right? Maybe even angelic by some standards. So the parts that make her creepy-interesting are first that unlike most doll brands whose arms are made of upper arm, lower arm, and hand with joints in between, Doll Chateau often adds an extra piece between the lower and upper arm. It makes the arm more adjustable, sure, but what human has an extra bone in their arm like that? The lower leg is the same. This particular body also has some carving etched into the joint between the legs and body which looks rad, but makes the doll look like it's carved from bone. Finally and most creepily, Laney has a hole in her lower abdomen which has a frame around it. If you are able to buy the "fullset" for this doll, you get a little cocoon that you can put in that hole. The PR shots for this tiny cocoon call it inoculation, and this is the one picture I can share without running afoul of the forum rules.

7udsrhs942jr.jpg

Honestly, talking about this doll makes me really want to purchase it. Maybe some day.

Pleasant dreams!

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Another doll brand, Doll Family-H, is creepy in a different way. And I am also slightly intrigued and curious about the creepy aspect? This doll company makes several different scales of doll, but it seems like all or the majority of their large scale dolls are male only. One of their lines is male dolls in the 70cm-75cm range, and some of those dolls have... interchangeable genitals. Ok so that part I get, because when I think about someday making doll sculpture I kind of want them to have genitals? I'm reminded of something Lisa Lichtenfels wrote about her fabric sculpture dolls that I read decades ago, that she is "superstitious" so she always crafts a set of genitals (that no one sees) on her dolls. I have the same superstition. I feel bad for the dolls that don't have them, in the same way that I feel bad for dressing a doll in something that looks too uncomfortable. But the one extra piece to the swap-out genitals set that is super sus is that one of them what is referred to in the adult toy world as a "rabbit" on top of it. It doesn't actually have the ability to vibrate, but why does your male human doll have the option to put a flesh rabbit on his ding dong? There is no answer that isn't masturbation-material related.

• Options
    Ok, I'm not looking that one up on the Internet. I did look at your previous post and it wasn't nearly as frightening as the weird lips in your photo. Odd, yes. Frightening, no.

I'm not trying to say you should try better to scare me.

I so need to take some photos of my Transformers I "recently" got. I say it in quotes since I have had Override for almost a month now and got Arcee and Ratchet over the weekend. I love all three of them, and want to share. Unless someone shares photos of theirs before me (which is very likely).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Ok, I'm not looking that one up on the Internet. I did look at your previous post and it wasn't nearly as frightening as the weird lips in your photo. Odd, yes. Frightening, no.

They aren't lips! They're teeth and tongue. It's hard for me to photograph them in the head when my blue tac hasn't been delivered yet, but these are the two mouth peices:

acp3mlctojee.jpg
    1ryvd1mhvpkg.jpg

She's a cat, and one of them is a "blep", it's cute, dammit!

• Options
    You can take that piece with the teeth and tongue and attach it on the outside of the mouth, and bingo, now you've got a xenomorph doll.

• Options
    Also, Cambiata, the more you post about the less... let's say mainstream corners of the doll fan community (btw, does the community have some phrase to describe themselves?), the more convinced I become that one day your dolls will become possessed by the tormented souls of murderers who will dismember you in your sleep. But, I mean, you're an experienced collector, I'm sure you've taken all the proper precautions.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    You can take that piece with the teeth and tongue and attach it on the outside of the mouth, and bingo, now you've got a xenomorph doll.

Or Vampire Homer.

• Options
    edited September 2022

Also to be fair, Laney is like the most tame Doll Chateau doll, aside for the purely human ones. It doesn't take much to make her a butterfly

rdz4xam8h4uk.png

With a slightly odd framed pregnancy belly, and unexplained extra bone in her arm.

Doll Chateau definitely goes harder than Laney, she's just the only one of their stuff that I've ever seriously considered buying.

Other selections:
    - A pair of dolls called Charon and Pluto. These dolls have a cute human girl face, torso, arms and hands, with legs and lower body in the shape of a scorpion.
    - A boy doll named Noah, who is basically a centaur but with deer legs and horns. Inexplicably, his face is sculpted to look like an anthro-dog. They also painted him to look like his muscles are exposed to the air.
    - Fuya, an undead mermaid girl with bat ears. Everything below her bust is skeletal, and the pr photos show her with hands painted to look like they are drenched in blood. She is 80% fish skeleton.
    - Dennis. I dunno wtf Dennis is. Some kind of zombie, maybe? He's white as paper and covered in some kind of arcane markings. His head is a basic human head, but in the center of his body, where his stomach should be, is a giant slavering monster mouth.
    - Fiona is more disquieting than scary. She has a very sensually-presented female body, with stiletto heels for feet, and her face is a slightly anthropromorphized bunny face.
    - Arali. Slenderman's GF maybe? Disturbingly tall and skinny, with twig-thin antlers of some kind. The length of her neck is particularly jarring.
    - Barbara. I don't even know anymore. Baby head with black flower petals surrounding it, atop a too-tall and thin woman's body with black linework on it. She also has an extra joint in her neck.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    The fact that her flesh fingers grow right out of her bone hand really bugs me for some reason. I'm usually very hard to creep out but this achieved it.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    The fact that her flesh fingers grow right out of her bone hand really bugs me for some reason. I'm usually very hard to creep out but this achieved it.

Eh she's not necessarily made of bone unless you paint her that way (doll Chateau definitely painted her that way, with cracks in the bone even). In doll terms the parts you see are normally supposed to be skin, not bone.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Barbara!

z3yyl9hm6c9i.png

I think what I love most about this doll, conceptually, is that she has such a normal name.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Cambiata: I'm not gonna post any photos of the out-there dolls, because I don't want to freak you normies out too much.
    Also Cambiata: Anyway, here's a photo of an out-there doll.
    Also also Cambiata: Gonna dump my entire folder of unusual and unsettling doll photos, deal with it kiddos.