As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    No worries man, I am literally the only one in this thread who collects gigantic posable dolls. I just wanted to go on a rant about my fandom.

It's funny, I look at the photos you post and I'm always super impressed with the quality of the dolls and the work you put into them. And then once in awhile you post a picture where there is something else in the photo to give them scale and it reminds me just how large the dolls are. Until those occasional reminders, I picture something about half the height.

Heh, I have a similar mental problem when looking at Dollzone's Trinity doll line. These dolls are 110 cm (43 inches) - just over 3 and a half feet tall; my dolls are 2 ft. When I look at the pictures my brain mentally resizes them to 2 ft, I have to work really hard to make my brain size them back to 3.5 ft.

(also, 3.5 feet of resin has got to be fucking heavy as shit)

Speaking of not comprehending sizes

The world devourer has arrived
    uzqp1uzmywie.jpeg

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    My wife, whom continues to be the best thing to happen to me, gave me a $300 budget for my birthday this year. After a lot of looking around, I've purchased 3 lots of Lego on eBay. Two 17 pound lots for ~$90 each, and a 25 pound lot for ~$130.

In this way the sorting madness may continue.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Won the glow gecko this morning. 3/3 =)

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Ya'll I may be even more of a weirdo than I thought.
    Oh, I think you figured out the (evergreen) subtitle for this thread!

Sometimes I think about the intensely niche knowledge I have acquired from obsessively following the 3rd party Transformers world for the last couple of years, and do a laughing sweat drop emoji.

(And then I look at my overloaded shelves of plastic robots and the feeling goes away.)

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Now I'm just thinking about how different scales line up, and if you could get a silicone doll, sandblast part of it off, and stick a gundam skeleton in there to make some kind of cyber-zombie

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    New toy day! Shame Hasbro couldn't combine these into a single shipment, but hey.. at least it got here.

Interesting about the US box for the train, though Very boring compared to the US one. :( also not a fan of the sealing stickers used on Megs - basically I can safely open 3 sides, but the placement of the sticker on the 4th means I'll need to do some extra trimming. No desire to leave this one in its box, though.

L4ZKRxoh.jpg

*trims a bit*

Oh hey! Turns out that the US packaging was just a slipcover over the main deal. Which is good because they didn't package the figure well. And Megs is done up like their Generations Selects packaging, which is nice.

1Xv6fTSh.jpg

The back of the boxes. Yay for small touches like this.

wXzCOQRh.jpg

Megs himself. ... I gotta admit, he looks a LOT better in person, but that may be the way he's packaged. Lots of kibble as well.

KwTc28Dh.jpg

And the Baroness! Feels very old-school.

69b6xYAh.jpg

And finally, the train. :)

PjAjxzZh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    There’s a new holiday Optimus that I’m tempted to order. Not sure what mold was repurposed for this figure? Or is it brand new?

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-holiday-optimus-prime?variant=39931685797990

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    There was an Amazon Prime themed Optimus Prime that we heard about awhile ago and never materialized. People think that the mold got repurposed here. It is indeed an original mold (the trailer is the Earthrise trailer, but the Cab is 100% all new)

Had his legs gone the other way, he'd make a pretty good mold for a G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime.

• Options
    369gfh2hwled.png

Too hyped to be coy about the mystery purchase anymore. She's coming today. Agrias Motherfucking Oaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VBU4y2C4M

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    There’s a new holiday Optimus that I’m tempted to order. Not sure what mold was repurposed for this figure? Or is it brand new?

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-holiday-optimus-prime?variant=39931685797990

Christ that's just awful. The way the gun stores under the trailer just makes me think the trailer has a candy cane penis.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, I just pre-ordered this neat redeco Holiday Prime.
    Heffling wrote: »

Christ that's just awful. The way the gun stores under the trailer just makes me think the trailer has a candy cane penis.

Aw damnit, now I can't unsee this. Thanks!

I also pre-ordered a bunch of holiday Black Series Star Wars figures and TVC small regular figures.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Hey, don't body shame Transformers just because they might have a candy penis or two.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    pyf5scxxv4lh.jpg

First impression is that it's a bit smaller than a Figma, and maybe not quite that level of quality? By no means a bad figure, but it does seem a bit rickety due to all the joints. The wrist cuffs are unattached, so unless her arms are pointing down, the wrist joints are on full display. The knee guards are also unattached? If you bend her knees to around 100 degrees they just... fall off.

I don't regret buying it, no way, but I can't help wishing SE would just license their stuff to Good Smile instead of doing it in house.

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    pyf5scxxv4lh.jpg

First impression is that it's a bit smaller than a Figma, and maybe not quite that level of quality? By no means a bad figure, but it does seem a bit rickety due to all the joints. The wrist cuffs are unattached, so unless her arms are pointing down, the wrist joints are on full display. The knee guards are also unattached? If you bend her knees to around 100 degrees they just... fall off.

I don't regret buying it, no way, but I can't help wishing SE would just license their stuff to Good Smile instead of doing it in house.

Aw that is a bummer to hear. She does look really awesome though.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Jessie has completed her four month long journey the long way around from Japan, via New Jersey.

setadoe78dl9.jpg

Her armor looks much less stupid here than it does ingame. Now I just gotta figure out where to put her.

Aistan on
  • Options
    There was an Amazon Prime themed Optimus Prime that we heard about awhile ago and never materialized. People think that the mold got repurposed here. It is indeed an original mold (the trailer is the Earthrise trailer, but the Cab is 100% all new)

Had his legs gone the other way, he'd make a pretty good mold for a G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime.

Well if that’s true, I’m definitely glad we got a holiday deco instead of a lame Amazon deco

Still, pretty weird to get a whole new OP mold just for a limited special deco. Surely it will get reused somehow. Hard to tell for sure, but they could probably make some adjustments so the knees bend the other way and then just rotate the waist for G2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime/Sureshot

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Didn't take any pictures of the train mode, because it's pretty basic, or the foot mode, because.. it is a foot. But Getsuei here turns out to be another fun transformation! There were some notes inside about misprinted steps, and a couple steps where they warn you to be careful of paint scratching and stuff, but overall it's enjoyable. I do like how 2 of the 3 rail trucks (bogies) are designed to split and slide, and as a result hide away completely. He doesn't even have that much back kibble - at least, less than Shouki!

God. The wait for all of them is going to take SO long.

mA8DPHFh.jpg

LnR4A9oh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    t5h2u5wa73x7.jpg

So after a direct comparison, I was wrong about a few things. Scale is pretty much identical to Figma. Not sure why I remembered ZSS being larger. Power Suit Samus definitely is larger.

And the shakiness of it isn't a fair comparison, because ZSS doesn't have any "costume" bits.

I do wish Agrias has a back port for the stand instead of a clip, but that's a minor quibble.

• Options
  • Options
    I saw that on Koto's site, but haven't been following the newest Eva stuff. Plus I associate Eva more with the gunpla thread. Either way, DAMN. :D

• Options

Well aaaktuauallllyyyy

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

Well aaaktuauallllyyyy
    Ya'll I may be even more of a weirdo than I thought.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Aw, man.. i was going to pick up Eris (a new character who's basically a fembot Tarn), but apparently she has fragile fingers, and even worse, she was supposed to have a hradsculpt with a smirk, but the final release doesn't have it.

Which would be a very minor issue, except they apparently kept the paint apps for the smirk, so she has a smear of purple lipstick on her cheek. :(

Edit: oof, the manufacturer has basically said no plans to correct this issue.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Aw, man.. i was going to pick up Eris (a new character who's basically a fembot Tarn), but apparently she has fragile fingers, and even worse, she was supposed to have a hradsculpt with a smirk, but the final release doesn't have it.

Which would be a very minor issue, except they apparently kept the paint apps for the smirk, so she has a smear of purple lipstick on her cheek. :(

Yeah, that paint thing is really annoying with the main run Eris. Hopefully the one photographer will get a better response from the upper management on the paint issue.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Popped back in the Thunderking thread in TFW2005, and saw all sorts of people getting excited about early shipments on Thorilla.

I double checked where I had it, and then changed around my pre-order. While I wanna support people, saving $50 is kind of a big deal.

• Options

I just checked the TFW2005 thread for it, and wow, what a disappointment. Mastermind Creations has, in the past, been one of the most responsive companies for QC issues, responding to complaints quickly and providing replacement parts readily and rapidly. In that last few months, I noticed lots of folks complaining about their QA requests not being handled properly. They've had to delay their 2022 Q4 releases because of COVID outbreaks where their factories are. They've all-but-ended one of their figure lines (Reformatted, which was for CHUG-scale versions of IDW (2005) characters), and they've been releasing figures pretty slowly of late. I really hope they're not having financial problems, because they're one of my favorite 3P companies, and of the few that creates their own trends rather than chasing popular ones.

RVDA, one of the designers who works for MMC, said that he's looking into this issue with the wrong face, so hopefully there'll be a more satisfying resolution. The canned responses from MMC reps - that the smirking face was only used in prototypes, and wasn't intended for the main production run - is either BS, or (if true) predatory marketing. Lots of people bought this new repaint specifically because of the smirking face.

I have the original release, and while the fingers are definitely very delicate, with some very thin and fragile pieces, I would encourage you not to let that alone put you off the figure. If I remember correctly, they included two replacement figures in the box, as a backup, and (in the past, anyway) provided replacement fingers for folks who wrote into their customer support department. You definitely need to be very careful with the fingers, but they certainly offer a ton of expressiveness and personality.

If you're gonna let anything turn you off of that figure, I'd instead recommend being annoyed by the mid-shin transformation joints that don't lock into place, or the gap-covers on the inner thighs that are loose enough that they slide back into the leg when you mess around with the figure.

(Mind you, I still think it's a pretty amazing figure that's absolutely worth it.)

• Options
    Damn that sucks about the new Eris. Hopefully they own up and offer replacement heads.

I have the original version and it's definitely a cool figure, honestly probably still worth it even with the incorrect lip paint.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Earthrise Sky Lynx is back on the menu, folk.

Usual places (BBTS, Entertainment Earth)

• Options

Hahaha I came here to post the same thing. Wasn't there someone here looking for one? I bought him when he first went up and love him so much. He and Jetfire/Skyfire are the two big boys I can definitely say I'm glad to have in my collection. Ok, Omega Supreme is a close third.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Ugh, yes, I really want both(I had g1 sky lynx as a kid) but man, my pocket book doesn't like the timing.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Thankfully I bought Sky Lynx when he first came out. (I was actually just about to do a review of him when I got around to it. Now I said it so I have to do it.)

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Hahaha I came here to post the same thing. Wasn't there someone here looking for one? I bought him when he first went up and love him so much. He and Jetfire/Skyfire are the two big boys I can definitely say I'm glad to have in my collection. Ok, Omega Supreme is a close third.

Yes, I was looking for Sky Lynx and a couple weeks ago ended up buying a used one (with the box) plus the new Cosmos from a local guy for $140

And of course this shit happens

Stings a bit but getting that Cosmos with it was worth it I guess

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Yes, I was looking for Sky Lynx and a couple weeks ago ended up buying a used one (with the box) plus the new Cosmos from a local guy for $140

And of course this shit happens

Stings a bit but getting that Cosmos with it was worth it I guess

Ah, so you were the sacrifice for Sky Lynx to get re-released. I'm sure your sacrifice will help someone.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    $140 is only $35 above MSRP, and given how cosmos is selling for like 55-75 bucks on ebay, plus shipping, you probably made out fairly even.

• Options
    If any of y'all Transformers nuts wanted the Rainmakers (Cybertronian Seeker repaints featured in one whole episode of the original cartoon), BBTS has a one day sale on them for $65

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/150271

Tempting, but I'm gonna pass. I don't even have Skywarp or Tuberculosis.

That was supposed to say Thundercracker, but I'm leaving that autocorrect. :)

• Options
    Hahaha. I love Tuberculosis better than Thundercracker. Here I figured you were calling Hotlink Tuberculosis.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I got mine from target a while ago but glad to see that they’re still available somehow

Thundercracker was the one that was stuck in an Amazon exclusive that sold out almost immediately wasn’t it?

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Nobody wrote: »
    I got mine from target a while ago but glad to see that they’re still available somehow

Thundercracker was the one that was stuck in an Amazon exclusive that sold out almost immediately wasn’t it?

For the Earthrise versions (i.e. the one everyone wants), it was a 2-pack (him and thundercracker) exclusive to Target.

There was a Siege one the was exclusive to Amazon and came with like 3 targetmasters.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    If any of y'all Transformers nuts wanted the Rainmakers (Cybertronian Seeker repaints featured in one whole episode of the original cartoon), BBTS has a one day sale on them for $65

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/150271

Tempting, but I'm gonna pass. I don't even have Skywarp or Tuberculosis.

That was supposed to say Thundercracker, but I'm leaving that autocorrect. :)

I wish they had actually interesting decos. Being one solid color is so boring

Edit - though I guess I’m glad they’re boring so I can save money heh

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »

Think you're thinking of Skywarp, which hasn't even been hinted at being rereleased. Most people bought the Walmart Hotlink and called him Skywarp in their collections since it was easier to get.

oosik_betsuni.png