As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hesher] Jazzmaster of Puppets

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Bloodbath just announced they're cancelling that set and the whole NA tour, unfortunately. They couldn't get their visas in time. :(

Ah damn. Oh well, they're not a favorite of mine, and I would have preferred seeing them in the days of Åkerfeldt on vocals anyway. Still annoying though.

edited May 11
    Fuck, Dismember is also experiencing those issues and will not be at MDF. :(

edit: apparently Dismember thought the US would drop the vaccination requirement for entry into the country before the show and just...didn't get vaccinated? Dipshits.

SteevL on
    BlackDragon480
  • EthelTheFrogEthelTheFrog Registered User regular
    Here are some more upcoming albums with lame album covers. Just in case you were yearning for more.
    306285-2_13169_1000x1000_1.jpg
    46033-1.jpg

And here's the single for the Behemoth. Can't say it does much for me.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    Here are some more upcoming albums with lame album covers. Just in case you were yearning for more.
    306285-2_13169_1000x1000_1.jpg

I guess Behemoth were listening to Mötley Crüe when they decided on that cover.
    xtqygh2l8umv.jpg

Jazz on
    EthelTheFrogBlackDragon480
  • autothrallautothrall Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    I don't mind the Behemoth one too much, to be honest. I like the colors, its kind of classy although yeah everything inverted crucifix whatever. Also I like the contrast against the last two album covers.

autothrall on
    Fearmeister
    I think I would like the album cover more if the music contrasted similarly with the music of the past few. But that single just seems like a watered-down version of The Satanist (and, although I only remember listening to it once, I Loved You... felt that way as well).

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I bounced off I loved you at your darkest, but I thought this single was more interesting.

And just like that, a promo for yet another ESOCTRILIHUM album arrived...this guy does not apparently require sleep across his many cosmic nightmares...

Esoctrilihum. Now there's a guy who's got the whole album art thing down pat.

• FearmeisterFearmeister Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that's just I-Voidhanger having a spooky art collection in reserve

EthelTheFrog
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Trevor Strnad of the Black Dahlia Murder has died at only 41.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/trevor-strnad-black-dahlia-murder-vocalist-dead-41

Man that fucking sucks. Band posted the suicide prevention number on the obit too :(

Will be spinning TBDM all day tomorrow.

Damn...guy was an ambassador for underground metal, no doubt. Sorry to hear that.

Campy
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Yeah I can't say I was super familiar with their stuff but I'll be listening to some today. 41 is way too young.

• Futt BuckerFutt Bucker Registered User regular
    He always put on a great show. What a shame.

My color is black to the blind
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Damn, that's sad. Rest in peace, Trevor.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/trevor-strnad-black-dahlia-murder-vocalist-dead-41

This is right after the bassist from Dance Gavin Dance also committed suicide, like 2 weeks ago. What is happening?

This is right after the bassist from Dance Gavin Dance also committed suicide, like 2 weeks ago. What is happening?

Basically, this world sucks shit

jungleroomxKreutzJazzBlackDragon480Fearmeister
    I wanted to see Amorphis last night, but I had to run an errand after work and got home later than usual and was just too tired to make the drive to Baltimore and back. Sucks, I really did want to see them again. The last time I saw them, I had to leave 3 songs in because I had a nasty headache. Last night was also the final show of their tour.

I'm planning on going to a local show at a brewery tonight to see a colleague's daughter's blackened thrash band, which will hopefully be fun. The last time I saw a show at a brewery was Satan's Hallow a few years ago before they broke up.

autothrall
    It seems that the only shows we have in Indy are in the metal brewery lol. Currently debating about going to the Hulder / Devil Master / Skeleton show

autothrall
    edited May 13
    New Soilwork coming out in August and they released a video for it a few hours ago:

I enjoyed the song.

SteevL on
    autothralljungleroomx
    edited May 13
    I really hope they keep up these affordable Blut Aus Nord reissues, they've always been a tough band for me to collect for and I've only got a few already. The CD packaging is minimalistic but I'm just happy to have them, I hope we get at least the next 5-6 albums again.

Speaking of which, their new one drops in one week.

autothrall on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Soilwork continues to give me what I need.

I do love how they've come to this unique identity, musically. I pretty much left them for dead in the Panic Broadcast and Sworn to a Great Divide days.

SteevLBlackDragon480
    Soilwork continues to give me what I need.

I do love how they've come to this unique identity, musically. I pretty much left them for dead in the Panic Broadcast and Sworn to a Great Divide days.

Yeah, I pretty much lost interest in them after Figure Number Five (which itself was an OK album), but they got me back with The Living Infinite.

jungleroomxBlackDragon480
    They've been pretty spot on for most of their career, but I think the first four remain the best, and they peaked on Natural Born Chaos, which still blows me away.

edited May 13
    autothrall wrote: »
    They've been pretty spot on for most of their career, but I think the first four remain the best, and they peaked on Natural Born Chaos, which still blows me away.

At the very least I can say both their early career and their later stuff after Winchers got the axe can provide me with exactly what I need, sonic wise.

I can listen to Verkligheten and be in a completely different mood when I want to hear The Chainheart Machine. Their last 2 ep's have been of incredibly high quality.

One of my all-timers, no doubt.

jungleroomx on
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It seems that the only shows we have in Indy are in the metal brewery lol. Currently debating about going to the Hulder / Devil Master / Skeleton show

Hulder kills live

Fearmeister
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Registered User regular
    Couple of new albums out today.

New Misery Index. Almost as good as their last album.

New Jungle Rot.

New Lorna Shore

jungleroomxBlackDragon480
    edited May 14
    New Lorna Shore

I was just about to post this. The symphonic blackened deathcore thing they have going on is just a treat to listen to.

This song is dense, but it's so well composed and produced and performed.

(Also good timing, after former vocalist CJ McReery did the closest thing to a "diss track" metal gets)

jungleroomx on
    BlackDragon480
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    autothrall wrote: »

At the very least I can say both their early career and their later stuff after Winchers got the axe can provide me with exactly what I need, sonic wise.

I can listen to Verkligheten and be in a completely different mood when I want to hear The Chainheart Machine. Their last 2 ep's have been of incredibly high quality.

One of my all-timers, no doubt.

They've really gone up in my personal listings a lot the last few years. When they were first getting started I hadn't developed much of a taste for harsh vocals as of yet so bounced off the first 5 albums bad. But after digging Speed's cleans in Night Flight Orchestra and At the Movies I've gone back to their early work and found a lot to love.

It's now basically a tie for my favorite Soilwork being either Predator's Portrait or Natural Born Chaos.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    jungleroomx
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited May 14
    New Lorna Shore

Don't think we could accuse the vocalist of leaving anything at home that day.

Has anyone ever heard what it sounds like when pigs are getting slaughtered? If you hadn't, you have now.

Prolegomena on
    jungleroomx
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Lorna Shore is always too clean in production for me

New Mournful Congregation EP is very good, maybe my favorite work they’ve done

Continue to be very into the Mizmor & Thou collaboration

edited May 16
    New Horn album will premiere in just over an hour from when I post this:

autothrall on
    Fearmeister
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Registered User regular
    And the new Blut Aus Nord is coming up in a couple of hours.

edited May 16
    September 2.

46092-1.jpg

EthelTheFrog on
    autothrall
    Why is metal suddenly getting obsessed with Evangelion? This is the second eva-themed metal thing I've seen in less than a year.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Why is metal suddenly getting obsessed with Evangelion? This is the second eva-themed metal thing I've seen in less than a year.

Hansi has officially ran out of Western-based mythos to milk for lyrics (including his own concept) and is finally branching out.

And anime in general has been seeping into metal a shitload over the last few years, from Beast In Black's love of Berserk, Epica doing an entire album of Attack on Titan themes in 2017, etc...

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited May 16

Hansi has officially ran out of Western-based mythos to milk for lyrics (including his own concept) and is finally branching out.

And anime in general has been seeping into metal a shitload over the last few years, from Beast In Black's love of Berserk, Epica doing an entire album of Attack on Titan themes in 2017, etc...

0czpg8lfy5y9.png

TBF, Evangelion gets pretty fucking metal. Just looking at it you think it's a lunkheaded mecha anime, but once you get into it you realize that's a deep pool.

With some stumbles, of course.

jungleroomx on
    BlackDragon480Kreutz
    I've never actually heard of Evangelion until now. (I've tended to avoid anime/manga because I know all of my free time will suddenly disappear the moment I dip my toes in.) Is it worth checking out?