The [Interesting Facts] are coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE

11213141618

Posts

  • chr1sh4ll3ttb3chr1sh4ll3ttb3 A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I vaguely remember several Aussie forumers saying that kangaroo is tasty if prepared correctly (thin and seared rare? maybe?), but pretty gnarly if done wrong.

    Kangaroo is delicious but yeah it's real lean so if you overcook it it becomes boot leather real fast.

    TefFishmantynic
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    kangaroo is a pretty great meat but tonight I was trying to describe the taste of zebra to people and I eventually settled on a cross between kangaroo and beef (the rich flavour of roo but with the fatty moistness of cow) and that made me wonder

    ... could we kobe kangaroo?

    Tef
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Aussie style kobe farming?

    Extreme sacrifices must be made in order to kobe-aussie a roo.

    XaquinJoolanderchr1sh4ll3ttb3webguy20Metzger MeisterKetarTyphoid MannyPlatyfurlionDarth WaiterJedocDer Waffle MousPolaritieNeveronLinespider5ironsizideDisruptedCapitalistMidniteOut Of Context
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Chico ...

    tynic3clipsechromdomReynoldsSkeithwebguy20Metzger MeisterKetarXaquinASimPersonMidnite
  • chr1sh4ll3ttb3chr1sh4ll3ttb3 A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Aussie style kobe farming?

    Extreme sacrifices must be made in order to kobe-aussie a roo.

    People keep complaining about your puns, but I want you to know that you are far and away the best member of this forum.

    tynic3clipseSkeithwebguy20honovereJoolanderXaquinIronKnuckle's GhostDarth WaiterJedocLinespider5ironsizideDepressperadoDisruptedCapitalistMidnite
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Aussie style kobe farming?

    Extreme sacrifices must be made in order to kobe-aussie a roo.

    This is next level shit

    Typhoid MannyRhesus PositiveXaquinfurlionsarukunchr1sh4ll3ttb33clipseDarth WaiterDer Waffle MousDisruptedCapitalist
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited September 21
    A true Andy Zaltzman

    edit: Did you know that the richest 1 percent not only own more wealth than than poorest half but they are also hogging all the carbon emissions, too?

    Carbon Emissions Of The Richest 1 Percent More Than Double The Emissions Of The Poorest Half of Humanity

    honovere on
  • useruser Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    A true Andy Zaltzman

    edit: Did you know that the richest 1 percent not only own more wealth than than poorest half but they are also hogging all the carbon emissions, too?

    Carbon Emissions Of The Richest 1 Percent More Than Double The Emissions Of The Poorest Half of Humanity

    I didn't know that but it will be a helpful thing to keep in my backpocket when inevitably the higher powers try to shift blame re: climate change to countries outside the West (in the classical sense).

    Mayabird
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    A true Andy Zaltzman

    edit: Did you know that the richest 1 percent not only own more wealth than than poorest half but they are also hogging all the carbon emissions, too?

    Carbon Emissions Of The Richest 1 Percent More Than Double The Emissions Of The Poorest Half of Humanity

    Look, the elite aren't just going to take public transportation to Davos to complain about climate change - the private jets and yachts are so they don't have to hobnob with the rest of us.

    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Aussie style kobe farming?

    Extreme sacrifices must be made in order to kobe-aussie a roo.

    This is next level shit

    He hacked the pun simulator

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Aussie style kobe farming?

    Extreme sacrifices must be made in order to kobe-aussie a roo.

    This is next level shit

    He hacked the pun simulator

    I just got it

    goddam

    Doodmann
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    A true Andy Zaltzman

    edit: Did you know that the richest 1 percent not only own more wealth than than poorest half but they are also hogging all the carbon emissions, too?

    Carbon Emissions Of The Richest 1 Percent More Than Double The Emissions Of The Poorest Half of Humanity

    Ecofascist: Humans are the problem! [Strongly imply genocide as the "solution."]

    Reality: Eat the fucking rich.

    3clipsetynicReynoldsSkeithDecatussarukunRanlinLinespider5Rhesus PositiveOrcaTynnanVegemyteHeffling
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    A true Andy Zaltzman

    edit: Did you know that the richest 1 percent not only own more wealth than than poorest half but they are also hogging all the carbon emissions, too?

    Carbon Emissions Of The Richest 1 Percent More Than Double The Emissions Of The Poorest Half of Humanity

    Ecofascist: Humans are the problem! [Strongly imply genocide as the "solution."]

    Reality: Eat the fucking rich.

    that blurb seems I don't know .... wrong?

    are they counting the companies they own, because that's the only way I could see that being correct

  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It's not outlandish considering it only means 1 rich person emits as much CO2 as hundred of the poorest people on earth, in fact I would've considered the difference more crass

    3clipsetynicDouglasDangerReynoldsSolarSkeithfurlionKayne Red RobePolaritiekimeNeveronRhesus PositiveVegemyte
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah - consider cars, private jets, general travel, the types of food eaten, ...

    chr1sh4ll3ttb3DouglasDangerReynoldsSkeithVegemyteDisruptedCapitalist
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Yeah - consider cars, private jets, general travel, the types of food eaten, ...

    ...much larger homes, multiple homes that are staffed year round...

    chr1sh4ll3ttb3DouglasDangerReynoldsSkeithRhesus PositiveVegemyte
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I suppose

    I'd still like to see the data. was it in there and I missed it?

  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 21
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I suppose

    I'd still like to see the data. was it in there and I missed it?

    Looks like the full report has to be requested. This is the only methods bit included
    An embargoed copy of the media brief ‘Confronting Carbon Inequality’ and the full research report and data on which is it based are available upon request.

    The poorest 50 percent of humanity comprised approximately 3.1 billion people on average between 1990 and 2015, the richest 10 percent comprised approx. 630 million people, the richest 5 percent approx. 315 million people, and the richest one percent approximately 63 million people.

    In 2015, around half the emissions of the richest 10 percent - people with net income over $38,000 - are linked to citizens in the US and the EU and around a fifth with citizens of China and India. Over a third of the emissions of the richest one percent – people with net income over $109,000 - are linked to citizens in the US, with the next biggest contributions from citizens of the Middle East and China. Net incomes are based on income thresholds for 2015 and represented in $ 2011 PPP (purchasing power parity).

    The research is based on estimations of consumption emissions from fossil fuels i.e. emissions consumed within a country including emissions embodied in imports and excluding emissions embodied in exports. National consumption emissions were divided between individual households based on the latest income distribution datasets and a functional relationship between emissions and income. This assumes, on the basis of numerous studies, that emissions rise in proportion to income above a minimum emissions floor and until a maximum emissions ceiling. National household consumption emissions estimates - for 117 countries from 1990 to 2015 - are then sorted into a global distribution according to income. More details on the methodology is available in the research report.

    But honestly, considering how the poorest half of the world live (and HOW poor most of those are) this really doesn’t sound remotely surprising. Like, most of those people are going to be subsistence farming at best.

    tynic on
    3clipsePlatychr1sh4ll3ttb3Darth WaiterDouglasDangerReynoldsSkeithsarukunfurlionKayne Red RobeRhesus PositiveOrcaTynnanVegemyte
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I suppose

    I'd still like to see the data. was it in there and I missed it?

    Looks like the full report has to be requested. This is the only methods bit included
    An embargoed copy of the media brief ‘Confronting Carbon Inequality’ and the full research report and data on which is it based are available upon request.

    The poorest 50 percent of humanity comprised approximately 3.1 billion people on average between 1990 and 2015, the richest 10 percent comprised approx. 630 million people, the richest 5 percent approx. 315 million people, and the richest one percent approximately 63 million people.

    In 2015, around half the emissions of the richest 10 percent - people with net income over $38,000 - are linked to citizens in the US and the EU and around a fifth with citizens of China and India. Over a third of the emissions of the richest one percent – people with net income over $109,000 - are linked to citizens in the US, with the next biggest contributions from citizens of the Middle East and China. Net incomes are based on income thresholds for 2015 and represented in $ 2011 PPP (purchasing power parity).

    The research is based on estimations of consumption emissions from fossil fuels i.e. emissions consumed within a country including emissions embodied in imports and excluding emissions embodied in exports. National consumption emissions were divided between individual households based on the latest income distribution datasets and a functional relationship between emissions and income. This assumes, on the basis of numerous studies, that emissions rise in proportion to income above a minimum emissions floor and until a maximum emissions ceiling. National household consumption emissions estimates - for 117 countries from 1990 to 2015 - are then sorted into a global distribution according to income. More details on the methodology is available in the research report.

    But honestly, considering how the poorest half of the world live (and HOW poor most of those are) this really doesn’t sound remotely surprising.

    oooohhhhh for some reason my mind blanked and thought this was only the US

    yeah, I absolutely believe that for the world

  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    kangaroo is a pretty great meat but tonight I was trying to describe the taste of zebra to people and I eventually settled on a cross between kangaroo and beef (the rich flavour of roo but with the fatty moistness of cow) and that made me wonder

    ... could we kobe kangaroo?

    I mean that sounds a lot like zebra, from your description?

  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 21
    yeah but without the shipping costs. Locavore! etc.

    tynic on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular


    Ômori Hikoshichi carrying an ogress across the water

    But she's really after his sword

    JedocBahamutZEROsarukunPeas
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Early Mario commercials



  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Torchlight | Steam | ART
    FishmanTynnanKayne Red RobeMidnite
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Early Mario commercials




    .....

    huh

    XaquinLinespider5
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    reminder that mario mario is eternally meant to be 24 years old

  • FishmanFishman There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours. Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

    I remember it was actually an actual real issue when a year or two ago someone noted that there were multiple social media feeds of anti-ISIS militia Mitsubishi technicals appearing around the same time and the public discourse in the intelligence analysis community was trying to work out if this represented a shift away from Toyota, or if Mitsi had done a deal, or they had used up all the Toyotas, or why they were now running Mitsi technicals.

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    Kayne Red RobeDoodmann
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular

    kime
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    One of the slowest paced mammals and one of the fastest paced mammals. Makes sense, opposites attract.

  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I'm pretty pleased with my twitter feed these days



    We can thank Yeltsin for rewriting the Russian Constitution removing the power of the Duma For all the fun and games Putian plays

    Kayne Red Robevalhalla130
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    One of the slowest paced mammals and one of the fastest paced mammals. Makes sense, opposites attract.

    Pfft. Dolphins hate me

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    One of the slowest paced mammals and one of the fastest paced mammals. Makes sense, opposites attract.

    Pfft. Dolphins hate me

    find out this one easy trick?

  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    One of the slowest paced mammals and one of the fastest paced mammals. Makes sense, opposites attract.

    Pfft. Dolphins hate me

    find out this one easy trick?

    He took their sloths away

    3clipseFishmanMidnitesarukun
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Why do they have land animals at an aquarium

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 6
    perhaps an aquarium section within a larger zoo

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    furliontynicRhesus PositiveNeveronsarukun3clipseSkeithHeffling
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I know the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago has some land animals as well

    There are only so many fish, y'know?

  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Tetrapods are cladistically nested within fish so

    BahamutZERO
Sign In or Register to comment.