As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Interesting Facts] are coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Straightzi wrote: »
    It's like a good version of the It Follows e-reader

It looks like something I'd see in your Secret Satan gift posts. Just less actual knives.

Madican on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Spielberg, release the butthole cut you coward!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Spielberg, don't cut anything's butthole, that's just mean

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

TRASH TANK ABANDONS VANITY TO STRIKE FROM GARBAGE

• Options
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    11/11 was an in-state job

• Options
    Just found out about The Battle for Castle Itter today.

Wikipedia wrote:
    The Battle for Castle Itter was fought in the Austrian North Tyrol village of Itter on 5 May 1945, in the last days of the European Theater of World War II.

Troops of the 23rd Tank Battalion of the 12th Armored Division of the US XXI Corps led by Captain John C. "Jack" Lee, Jr., a number of Wehrmacht soldiers led by Major Josef "Sepp" Gangl, SS-Hauptsturmführer Kurt-Siegfried Schrader, and recently freed French prisoners of war defended Castle Itter against an attacking force from the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division until relief from the American 142nd Infantry Regiment of the 36th Division of XXI Corps arrived.

The French prisoners included former prime ministers, generals and a tennis star. It is the only known time during the war in which Americans and Germans fought side by side. Popular accounts of the battle have called it the strangest battle of World War II.

Reading this article was a wild ride. I'm surprised there's not an action comedy movie about this already.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Wikipedia wrote:
    The Battle for Castle Itter was fought in the Austrian North Tyrol village of Itter on 5 May 1945, in the last days of the European Theater of World War II.

Troops of the 23rd Tank Battalion of the 12th Armored Division of the US XXI Corps led by Captain John C. "Jack" Lee, Jr., a number of Wehrmacht soldiers led by Major Josef "Sepp" Gangl, SS-Hauptsturmführer Kurt-Siegfried Schrader, and recently freed French prisoners of war defended Castle Itter against an attacking force from the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division until relief from the American 142nd Infantry Regiment of the 36th Division of XXI Corps arrived.

The French prisoners included former prime ministers, generals and a tennis star. It is the only known time during the war in which Americans and Germans fought side by side. Popular accounts of the battle have called it the strangest battle of World War II.

Reading this article was a wild ride. I'm surprised there's not an action comedy movie about this already.

There's a decent book about the battle, The Last Battle that is supposedly being adapted for a movie but no news in like 5 years.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    if you can't look good liberating your country, then when?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Facebook has been showing me ads for sweet wasteland clothes and gas masks and knives and shit

I think they know something I don't.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Facebook has been showing me ads for sweet wasteland clothes and gas masks and knives and shit

I think they know something I don't.

Of course they do. They are causing most of it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    if there's any upside to the possible Civil War 2: This Time it's Even Dumber and Shorter

it's that I wouldn't be in uh, a uniformed service, so it's like "hell yeah guerrilla fashion maybe I'll get a cockade"

• Options
    Facebook started showing me literal Nazis as possible friend suggestions recently. Great service.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Facebook started showing me literal Nazis as possible friend suggestions recently. Great service.

Reminder that Facebook the organisation know what damage they're doing, both in detail and scope, and they're doing it on purpose. The word gets thrown about a lot, but Facebook is literally evil.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular

I've been getting a ton of Russians over the last few years and I have no idea why.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    It recently recommend a large naked man who wanted to find other men to wrestle with. I blame being friends with @AJR.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular

Wikipedia wrote:

There's a decent book about the battle, The Last Battle that is supposedly being adapted for a movie but no news in like 5 years.

Sabaton wrote a song about it called The Last Battle! It's very Sabatony.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

TRASH TANK ABANDONS VANITY TO STRIKE FROM GARBAGE

Basically so a ground-based rapid response to a Chinese invasion can be hidden from Chinese air power.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Too bad they talked about it so now all China has to do is add garbage dumps and scrap piles to the target list

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Too bad they talked about it so now all China has to do is add garbage dumps and scrap piles to the target list

by the same logic, since everybody knows armies use woodland camouflage, all you have to do is add all trees to the target list.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    It recently recommend a large naked man who wanted to find other men to wrestle with. I blame being friends with @AJR.

It wouldn't surprise me! I find pictures of me shared in all kinds of places. I once found a random match of mine had that ended up on bearhug fetish site.

Fun times.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

I dont want to 4D chess but if it draws fire from cities and infastructure thats a win too

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Knowing for a fact that your enemy has bespoke garbage facades for their armoured vehicles so as to hide them amongst the ubiquitous garbage of an urban warfare environment will do nothing to ease your mind whilst fighting in the urban warfare environment it might even make you feel a little worse about the whole benighted endeavour

• Options
    Man, fucking tip top twitter account this is

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Man, fucking tip top twitter account this is

Wow, that's real? That looks like something out of a tarantino movie

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    What a dreadful thing to say about that gentleman

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah that twitter account is pretty good

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    not gonna lie, I read that first part and my heart stopped for a second.. maybe lead with the "weapons test" angle...

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://drivetribe.com/p/ghost-car-a-1979-camaro-that-was-SgUwhuvHTjeXf4J0RNCy9Q?iid=ApeVh_lDTrWkjTOeQZBz5Q

A bit more info on the Ghost Car. Meyer apparently took it home after the war and used it as his private car, only repainted orange

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

Reading the thread it looks like a missile shooting another missile

I don't know why, but I was hoping for the "in space" bit to mean that a satellite was involved, possibly with a big net on a stick

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »
    https://drivetribe.com/p/ghost-car-a-1979-camaro-that-was-SgUwhuvHTjeXf4J0RNCy9Q?iid=ApeVh_lDTrWkjTOeQZBz5Q

A bit more info on the Ghost Car. Meyer apparently took it home after the war and used it as his private car, only repainted orange

4btdtx0obw6q.png
    ?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    To be fair, if one of the pac-man ghosts had been black they would have been much harder to detect.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Doesnt seem like nothin

• Options
    Like if you can build a reliable anti-ICBM system for considerably less than the cost of an ICBM

Then that is the end of MAD

• Options
    I see no means with which to dispute that