Justice of the [Chat]

19495969798100»

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    In Blaseball news, The Discipline Era continues

And you can now purchase antipeanuts for negative money

I bought one and I’m not sure if that was a mistake or if I should load up on as many antipeanuts as I can unafford

fuck gendered marketing
    SarksusArch
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    I have questions about Facebook's suggested quick replies.

q4bc8kk0tktz.png

Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    SarksusChanustynic
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    David Chang said he puts Worcestershire sauce in his Mac n cheese and I tried it and it was good
    I can see mustard being good

Speaking of food right now I have the bubble gut
    Or should I say bubble bowels
    Bubble lower GI tract

poo
    RedTide wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    $800 in credit card payments.

Feels good, but at the same time I wish I was paying that to a single card instead of 2.

What if the cards were fully posable?

Are they life-size?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Wrote, directed, and starred in a Chick-fil-a commercial about respecting the police Registered User regular
    edited August 2
    Facebook has suggested replies now?

I am pretty sure this is one of the 4 horsemen. Famine retired and was replaced with Facebook Quick Reply.

A new sort of famine where we consume non-nutritive fake social interaction until we die.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    ElldrenTuminChanusEchoMazzyxVishNubArchEddy
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    My favourite thing about Fury Road
    The opening chase and the sandstorm is, appropriately, high-octane and unceasing action. With the cut to black and Max very slowly digging himself out of the sand, I palpably felt that the pace hadn't just slowed, it hit a dead stop. And in some ways it was a relief. It all felt very deliberate, and not trying to hide that felt good. I know this is a bit rambly but I just like that.
    relief was very much the theme of that sequence

we've got the muffled sound and the heartbeat noise thumping until he gets the IV out

ftOqU21.png
    Elldren
    And I don’t care if you think I’m a weird pervert I want a life-sized doll because I mean why wouldn’t you want one? it is the ultimate toy! Like how is that not the fantasy of every girl? It’s a doll you can dress up in real clothes!

fuck gendered marketing
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    David Chang said he puts Worcestershire sauce in his Mac n cheese and I tried it and it was good

Bubble lower GI tract

J Kenji Lopez-Alt (Serious Eats) uses Worcestershire or fish sauce in a bunch of unexpected things to punch up the umami. I just did his stroganoff which used both (plus mustard) in it and it was awesome

SarksusEddy
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    it wasn't written as a script - just storyboards, as far as the eye could see. And it shows. Apart from being incredibly excellent action, the visual storytelling and characterization is just *mwah* sublime

the fact that a few of the lines here and there come off as goofy almost makes it better. (everything the dag says, "bullet farmers, they're coming from the bullet farm")
    It's kind of like the movie's saying that words are for theater and literature. This is neither.

There are probably a good few video essays out there explaining a lot better some of the various bits they do but it's fantastic.

The visual fluency of the movie is really apparent if you watch it back to back with something like a Nolan Batman movie or something like a Michael Bay film. Both are also in the spectacle genre but they are so patchwork. They use editing to connect disjoint scenes and communicate just the bare minimum they need to convey that X is punching Y or Z is blowing up. Fury Road is interested in making sure every visual element is introduced, established, tracked, performs a physically plausible action, and leaves. Shots are framed to maximize coherence and I love everything about this.

yeah I was sitting here just extremely enjoying the fight between max and furiosa and how much fun the choreography is - and how every cut happens to set the stage for the next dance move

and stuff like, nux and max, being told mainly through shots interspersed over the story, and not a lot of words at all

ftOqU21.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    I have negative peanuts and I'm so confused

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Elldren
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular

Bubble lower GI tract

mustard is a long established mac and cheese thing. you see it in tons of recipes.

Rear Admiral Choco
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited August 2
    Sunday afternoon and a weirdly productive time for my household as I just sat down for an hour and wrote and uploaded documentation due Friday (as in two days ago) and loser is finishing some writing due to his group yesterday

We are...aligned in work ethic, at least hahaha

Also this morning--ok when I woke up, so 2.30 PM morning--we walked to the french patisserie and got great pastries :D

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
    Elldrenskippydumptruck
  • NecoNeco Carmilla, but way more lame Registered User regular
    edited August 2
    Fury Road is very good and I should probably just buy it on blu Ray so that I can brag about it being in my collection and look down on others who don’t

Neco on
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Also my bottle of Worcestershire suggests using it on on rice instead of soy sauce and they can get right the fuck outta here with that nonsense

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    Perhaps there are finer, more intensely pleasurable feelings than the one that fills every cell of your body when you jiggle a needle in your jaw and prise out an in-growing hair like a fat, black parasite and draw it entirely forth in one piece, a thick, single curl of irritation you hold aloft like a trophy.

But I think not.

AbdhyiuscredeikiChanusRear Admiral Choco
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    Anyway.

Geth, recycle the thread.

Aldo
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 1

@Donkey Kong will create the new thread
    @Donkey Kong is backup

• EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 101

Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    Neco
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Echo. Thread will be recycled after 101 pages.

Neco
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    mod tag team go!

This discussion has been closed.