As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Justice of the [Chat]

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    Now I want to get into a table top gaming group :(

It's easier than ever to do that now, if you're fine with playing online!

I am actually a bit hesistant to try an online group. Part of my enjoyment of DnD back in the day was the whole inperson dynamic.

Other concerns are time, but that remains true for online or offline.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I’ve heard gulf oysters are big and not good

They’re not awful, and they are quite large, but the pacific oyster varieties are definitely better

What about the east coast oysters oh wait they’re all dead good job NYC

We're bringing em back!!! Oyster restoration project!!!!

Good now do dinosaurs

Natty history museum is opening back up in a month!!!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

It's just Maul in a cloak with the hood up, which we all know in Star Wars is an impenetrable disguise

rRwz9.gif
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    The sea is a horrible place

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Winky wrote: »
    Oh my god barnacles are basically shrimp my mind is fucking blown

Yeah I didn’t like that so I’m just pretending I don’t know it

When Querry was in the hospital, I learned that you just kind of have blood clots happening all the time, there's semi-congealed bits of clotted blood floating around everyone's bodies constantly and you normally just kind of reabsorb them.

Anyway, that is another fact I am sharing so that this fact about barnacles has a friend.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

I am actually a bit hesistant to try an online group. Part of my enjoyment of DnD back in the day was the whole inperson dynamic.

It is certainly different than playing in-person, but with the way things currently are... even if you know people you would like to play with in-person it would be better to do online for now.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh my god barnacles are basically shrimp my mind is fucking blown

Yeah I didn’t like that so I’m just pretending I don’t know it

When Querry was in the hospital, I learned that you just kind of have blood clots happening all the time, there's semi-congealed bits of clotted blood floating around everyone's bodies constantly and you normally just kind of reabsorb them.

Anyway, that is another fact I am sharing so that this fact about barnacles has a friend.

oh good, I definitely won't be thinking about this again tonight while I'm trying to sleep

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Star Citizen update

So after demanding to know what is up with Squadron 42, CIG is now banning users who ask about it
    Oh fun. Do we know if it's actually banning for asking or if it's banning for being an utter goose while also coincidentally asking? Because a lot of people on the internet like to misrepresent the latter as the former.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

It is certainly different than playing in-person, but with the way things currently are... even if you know people you would like to play with in-person it would be better to do online for now.

Eh, we're fine over here at the moment. People are back to packing themselves into every place they can like sardines. I miss working from home :(

For me it's completely the lack of peers that are into that.

Online groups that are not local run into timezone issues, and I am hesitant to try those meet up groups because stranger danger.

I guess ultimately I want back the experiences of my youth :p

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    this course on the New Testament is really good. I think Bart Ehrman (who does a lot for the teaching company / great courses) is a better speaker but the quality of content is excellent.

if you want to know how the NT was formed, what stories may or may not be historical, what was going on in 1st century palestine in general check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQ2TS1CiDY&list=PL279CFA55C51E75E0

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    The whole thing is teeming with life in all the worst ways

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Star Citizen update

So after demanding to know what is up with Squadron 42, CIG is now banning users who ask about it

I think it's only fair to ask where the millions of dollars they've spent on this have gone, considering how often they hold out their caps asking for more money despite the millions of dollars they've been given to finish the game.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Star Citizen update

I think it's only fair to ask where the millions of dollars they've spent on this have gone, considering how often they hold out their caps asking for more money despite the millions of dollars they've been given to finish the game.

well the answer of where the money has gone is really straightforward and I don't think is skeevy: they have a lot of employees and it is absurdly expensive to run a business. now the question of what the hell those employees have been doing is a good one.....

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

eBussy

Short for electronic boy pussy

Couscous on
    Star Citizen update

well the answer of where the money has gone is really straightforward and I don't think is skeevy: they have a lot of employees and it is absurdly expensive to run a business. now the question of what the hell those employees have been doing is a good one.....

To be honest, though, there are a hundred stories like this in the industry, most you just never see because it's a publisher who eats all the costs of whatever huge failed project it is

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The sea is a horrible place

You don't see anyone drowning in fire.

God I want that ebussy tho

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

eBussy

Short for electronic boy pussy

Mine doesn't look like that.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    What speed do y'all listen to audiobooks at

1.6x is where I'm reaching the max I can do without paying full attention, I think

It's a practiced skill for sure, and my blind friends do like 2.5x or more, but they're listening intently to e.g. screen readers or phone messages

1.6x is where I'm reaching the max I can do without paying full attention, I think

It's a practiced skill for sure, and my blind friends do like 2.5x or more, but they're listening intently to e.g. screen readers or phone messages

I can't listen at any more than 1x, though honestly I'm usually splitting my attention pretty heavily regardless.

I'm not sure how fast I could do if I was just straight up focusing on the book.

Also, like, I need all that time. Even with this huge Arthur C. Clarke collection I just bought I only got so many audible credits you know?

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    podcast listening at anything other than 1x speed is a certain sign of a criminal mind

VishNub on
    Star Citizen update

I hope they finally make good progress on the blonde hair they have been working on

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

I'm right around that for podcasts. I don't listen to audiobooks because I'm intellectually lazy and culturally unadventurous

sig.gif
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    posole please cook

I can't listen at any more than 1x, though honestly I'm usually splitting my attention pretty heavily regardless.

I'm not sure how fast I could do if I was just straight up focusing on the book.

Also, like, I need all that time. Even with this huge Arthur C. Clarke collection I just bought I only got so many audible credits you know?

It probably depends on the reader and novel, of course. I'm listening to the Expanse, which has surprisingly good prose but is still pretty direct and concrete (I think it's been well-edited, at least early in the series). Clarke may be more challenging. I found 1x agonizing with these books.

I read p quickly in text because it's been my entire education and career so I'm seeing how well I can match the listening pace

There are always more books

Narrative have been making ongoing efforts to identify areas where they can tweak or add dialogue to improve the gameplay experience, they provided details and backstory for several companies and brands used across various environments to expand world-building. Narrative also coordinated with Audio to review progress on the Vanduul voices.

“Since they are recorded by all too Human actors, there is considerable artistry that goes into creating their unique alien sound.” – The Narrative Team

Work also continued on hair, with blonde hair making progress. They also revisited the ‘bun’ style, which appears on a large number of female characters.

They have a dynamic auto lighting rig for when characters are moving around between areas, so they can make them look good even when not in any specific location.

Podcasts are different because people speak more quickly when they're in natural dialogue, I think

Audiobooks can really plod

It probably depends on the reader and novel, of course. I'm listening to the Expanse, which has surprisingly good prose but is still pretty direct and concrete (I think it's been well-edited, at least early in the series). Clarke may be more challenging. I found 1x agonizing with these books.

I read p quickly in text because it's been my entire education and career so I'm seeing how well I can match the listening pace

There are always more books

Right, but there are only so many audible credits

Also, I kind of like listening to the performances of the readers, though if I did hit one I really didn't like I could see wanting to speed it up

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Star Citizen update

Finishing the game is no longer their business model

It’s now indefinite feature creep

fuck gendered marketing
    I'm actually a little upset with how fast I read, and I realized when I was playing Disco Elysium I was having a hard time not just skipping over vast tracks of it rather than trying to slow down and absorb the atmosphere. Sometimes when reading I seriously just hit like every sixth word.

Elldren wrote: »
    Star Citizen update

Finishing the game is no longer their business model

It’s now indefinite feature creep

I do kind of enjoy the experiment of "what if feature creep were allowed to go on for all time?"

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I don't know why you'd use yaoi butts to advertise gardening but

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Narrative have been making ongoing efforts to identify areas where they can tweak or add dialogue to improve the gameplay experience, they provided details and backstory for several companies and brands used across various environments to expand world-building. Narrative also coordinated with Audio to review progress on the Vanduul voices.

“Since they are recorded by all too Human actors, there is considerable artistry that goes into creating their unique alien sound.” – The Narrative Team

Work also continued on hair, with blonde hair making progress. They also revisited the ‘bun’ style, which appears on a large number of female characters.

They have a dynamic auto lighting rig for when characters are moving around between areas, so they can make them look good even when not in any specific location.

Like what the fuck is their workflow like? because that seems like not much happening

fuck gendered marketing
    I'm actually a little upset with how fast I read, and I realized when I was playing Disco Elysium I was having a hard time not just skipping over vast tracks of it rather than trying to slow down and absorb the atmosphere. Sometimes when reading I seriously just hit like every sixth word.

That's the book's fault for using shit words, tbh

Good prose will force you to slow down to both apprehend and appreciate it

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

Like what the fuck is their workflow like? because that seems like not much happening

Have they added gems, dice, and cards yet?

This discussion has been closed.