[Steam] Halloween Sale! 10/29 - 11/2!!! Spooky games with discounts!

1747577798088

Posts

  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 18
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm not in school anymore but this still hits close to home.
    hs9zvmruhmlm.jpeg

    Final fantasy 9 almost having to fail out of my final semester of college. My roommate bought it the month before finals. admittedly I wasn't doing amazing before it came out but it's still just destroyed any chance I'm redeeming the semester.

    I have a friend who completely stopped going to school the week Halo 2 came out, like he never went back. That was it.

    I should clarify this was college, obviously. But to this day we still joke with him that when big games come out we worry he's going to quit his job, abandon his family, etc.

    anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    bloodatonementcB557an_altJazzDonnictonCantidocooljammer00BetsuniRoyceSraphimKoopahTroopah
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie Cupcake Sorceress Registered User regular
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    DAMMIT @Karoz THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT! I MEANT I WAS BEING PATIENT!

    ybkrttp4qwuy.jpg

    Thank you, you mad lad. Now I have the first new game I will be installing after I build the new PC at the end of next week (hopefully)!

    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

    Commander ZoomKarozMNC DoverPixelated PixieHerothJaysonFourPolaritieElvenshaebloodatonementFencingsaxSpoitemp123Stollsan_altJazzDonnictonMugsleycooljammer00BetsuniCorsiniTalus9952Ed GrubermanakajaybayKoopahTroopahStormwatcherIanator
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie Cupcake Sorceress Registered User regular
    That works.

    KarozHalfazedninjaJaysonFourElvenshaeFencingsaxStollsJazzMugsleycooljammer00BetsuniKoopahTroopahStormwatcher
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

    I will not buy it yet.

    I will not buy it yet.

    I will not buy it yet.

    I can't even get off the boat in Divinity 2.

    You got past the character creation?

    camo_sig2.png
    Cantido
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

    I suppose I should use its time in EA to finally beat the two previous Baldur's Gate games.

    Rocks fall.

    Everybody dies.

    HalfazedninjaKarozbloodatonementKoopahTroopah
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    9m4NL8n.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGslweDOihs

    Karoz is on a rampage... i'd barely said a word in chat then *BAM* got hit with the green envelope...

    Thanks a bunch, karoz

    1Gn4PNI.png
    ElvenshaeKarozPixelated PixieMNC Doveremp123Stollsan_altJazzHalfazedninjaDonnictonMugsleyCommander ZoomKalnaurBetsuniCorsiniTalus9952Ed GrubermanKoopahTroopahStormwatcherIanator
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Is baldurs gate easier than the divinity games? I find their combat frustrating and borderline impossible even on the easiest like “narrative only” settings

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm not in school anymore but this still hits close to home.
    hs9zvmruhmlm.jpeg

    Final fantasy 9 almost having to fail out of my final semester of college. My roommate bought it the month before finals. admittedly I wasn't doing amazing before it came out but it's still just destroyed any chance I'm redeeming the semester.

    I have a friend who completely stopped going to school the week Halo 2 came out, like he never went back. That was it.

    I should clarify this was college, obviously. But to this day we still joke with him that when big games come out we worry he's going to quit his job, abandon his family, etc.

    I failed two classes in community college because of Demon's Souls.

    I love that game.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    KarozHalfazedninjaanoffdayBetsuni
  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I should know better than to comment on the dunkage in chat....

    9ae3c5lc20pa.jpg

    Thank you so much for BG3 @Karoz

    Monstering level up <3
    Seriously though, treat yoself!

    steam_sig.png
    HalfazedninjaPixelated PixieJazzDonnictonMugsleyBedlamMNC DoverHerothKalnauremp123StollsMassenaan_altBetsuniFencingsaxKarozTalus9952Ed GrubermanElvenshaeKoopahTroopahStormwatcherIanator
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A little warning about Vigil:

    The third boss is a cut-off point for a large number of sidequests. I didn't realize this for a while until I saw I had collected a bunch of red X's. Once you use the macguffin to enter the bossroom, there is no return.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    CantidoKarozKoopahTroopah
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    A little warning about Vigil:

    The third boss is a cut-off point for a large number of sidequests. I didn't realize this for a while until I saw I had collected a bunch of red X's. Once you use the macguffin to enter the bossroom, there is no return.

    Guugh, that was not something to emulate from Dark Souls. Thank you for the warning.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Kalnaurcooljammer00CorsiniKoopahTroopah
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Made it level 5

    Was tired of the run, said fuck it, wacked a dude with a bat.

    In hindsight, should have consumed lots of drugs before going nuts.

    Streetsofrogue

    cooljammer00
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Does anyone remember the conversion rate for EAPlay to Gamepass? I can get 12 mos of Play for $27. I thought it was 3Play = 1GP but can't find confirmation.

    If my math is right, that's $7 per month for Gamepass

  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm not in school anymore but this still hits close to home.
    hs9zvmruhmlm.jpeg

    Final fantasy 9 almost having to fail out of my final semester of college. My roommate bought it the month before finals. admittedly I wasn't doing amazing before it came out but it's still just destroyed any chance I'm redeeming the semester.

    I have a friend who completely stopped going to school the week Halo 2 came out, like he never went back. That was it.

    I should clarify this was college, obviously. But to this day we still joke with him that when big games come out we worry he's going to quit his job, abandon his family, etc.

    I failed two classes in community college because of Demon's Souls.

    I love that game.

    I don't remember failing anything because of a game, but I know I chose to play games over getting work done multiple times and because of that pulled plenty of completely unnecessary all nighters.

    Steam: offday
    cooljammer00StollsEd Gruberman
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited October 18
    Since @Orivon does not seem to think Sunday is a rest day I am here again. 2 games which apparently were gifted to Orivon in the past made it to my library as well and Timelie which I thought looked interesting when I saw it a while back. I did kinda forget about it after but Orivon did not. Thank you. <3<3
    5j0d63h5ayub.jpg
    i1a8u7c2czom.jpg

    Isorn on
    Betsunidestroyah87KalnaurMNC Doveremp123an_altCorsiniMadicanJazzMugsleyMassenaKarozPixelated PixieTalus9952HerothStollsKoopahTroopahIanator
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited October 20
    Apparently I have a lot of "unrevealed"(you have to click on the entry to see the key) keys per an e-mail reminder from one of the storefronts I buy from. Usually stuff from bundles that I already have so I forget about them, points to them for sending e-mail reminders about it which they didn't really have to do.

    There are a number of them so instead of flood out a page with code tags I'm going to just list titles and send a message if you want any. I am 99% sure they all still work but apologies in advance if they don't.

    BioShock Infinite
    Devil's Hunt
    STAR WARS Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
    Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
    Medieval Kingdom Wars
    Fairy Fencer F
    Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force
    Monster Monpiece
    Moero Chronicle
    Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
    Megadimension Neptunia VII / Megadimension Neptunia VII Digital Deluxe Set DLC
    MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies / MegaTagmension Blanc Deluxe Pack DLC
    The Walking Dead
    The Walking Dead: Season Two
    The Walking Dead: 400 Days
    The Surge
    The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
    Medieval Kingdom Wars
    River City Ransom: Underground
    Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation
    Yet Another Zombie Defense HD
    Lovely Planet
    One Finger Death Punch
    Lichdom: Battlemage
    Race.a.bit
    GT Legends
    Insane 2
    System Shock 2
    The Original Strife: Veteran Edition
    Inquisitor
    Drift Streets Japan
    Table Top Racing: World Tour
    Etherlords I & II
    Little Racers STREET
    Mini Motor Racing EVO
    Action Henk

    Donnicton on
    MNC DoverCorsiniStabbity Styleemp123QuestorSpoitSanderJKFencingsaxheenatoIoloCalescentJazzMugsleyKalnaurBetsuniemnmnmebloodatonementKarozTalus9952Commander ZoomStollsElvenshaean_altKoopahTroopahIanatorsubi
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    05TyiHWl.png

    I forgot the best method of combating random gifting is to go silent when the chant starts up, but the snark factor is turned way up for me today. Thanks Spoit for Holy Potatoes: A Weapon Shop

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    JazzKalnaurdestroyah87BetsuniMNC DoverKarozRoyceSraphimPixelated PixieTalus9952HerothStollsemp123Ed GrubermanElvenshaean_altKoopahTroopahStormwatcherIanator
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Bioshock Infinite shows its seams, but it's a great game.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    emnmnmeRoyceSraphimThawmusKoopahTroopah
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Bioshock Infinite shows its seams, but it's a great game.

    Well, until it does the "but what if those who fight back against being slaves take it too far" bit.

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    cooljammer00Stormwatcher
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Bioshock Infinite shows its seams, but it's a great game.

    Well, until it does the "but what if those who fight back against being slaves take it too far" bit.

    What's wrong with that? You get to watch mecha-Lincoln fighting mecha-Washington.

    FencingsaxRoyceSraphimDonnictonMugsleyElvenshaeKoopahTroopah
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 18
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Bioshock Infinite shows its seams, but it's a great game.

    Well, until it does the "but what if those who fight back against being slaves take it too far" bit.

    It's more about the corrosive nature of violence, even when used for a good cause.

    Edit: The 2 major themes to the game are that, and also how history can utterly destroy you

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    KoopahTroopahStormwatcher
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the conversion rate for EAPlay to Gamepass? I can get 12 mos of Play for $27. I thought it was 3Play = 1GP but can't find confirmation.

    If my math is right, that's $7 per month for Gamepass

    The best deal for Gamepass is Live->GP Ulitmate
    You can buy up to 3 years worth of Live for $60 each year (or less if you shop around, ie 2 years for $95 from Costco). Add those to your xbox account, then pay $1 to convert them to Gamepass. Conversion is $5/mo (the Costco deal is $4/mo).

    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Bioshock Infinite shows its seams, but it's a great game.

    Well, until it does the "but what if those who fight back against being slaves take it too far" bit.

    It's more about the corrosive nature of violence, even when used for a good cause.

    Edit: The 2 major themes to the game are that, and also how history can utterly destroy you

    I would agree to that if the truth wasn't locked behind dlc.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 19
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Bioshock Infinite shows its seams, but it's a great game.

    Well, until it does the "but what if those who fight back against being slaves take it too far" bit.

    It's more about the corrosive nature of violence, even when used for a good cause.

    Edit: The 2 major themes to the game are that, and also how history can utterly destroy you

    I would agree to that if the truth wasn't locked behind dlc.

    I mean, the DLC is on theme, but both of those are very much evident within the original game, I thought.
    This isn't to say all aspects of the game were done perfectly. But I thought it was pretty coherent and consistent on the themes, at least.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    KalnaurSteel AngelThawmusKoopahTroopah
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 19
    Man, these sequences in Observer where you jack into someone's mind/memories are obnoxious as hell. Sounds cool, right? Wrong.

    Its trying to be artsy weird and scary and failing at both of them. Trying to throw as much noise and clutter at you as they can in poorly lit nonsensical environments.

    You know whats fun and interesting? Trying to solve puzzles in a room thats impossible to see in while a baby is constantly crying in the background.

    I was enjoying the game before this but if theres a lot more of these, I'm probably just going to move on.

    Dr. Chaos on
    MNC DoverKoopahTroopah
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the conversion rate for EAPlay to Gamepass? I can get 12 mos of Play for $27. I thought it was 3Play = 1GP but can't find confirmation.

    If my math is right, that's $7 per month for Gamepass

    The best deal for Gamepass is Live->GP Ulitmate
    You can buy up to 3 years worth of Live for $60 each year (or less if you shop around, ie 2 years for $95 from Costco). Add those to your xbox account, then pay $1 to convert them to Gamepass. Conversion is $5/mo (the Costco deal is $4/mo).

    I already have GP Ultimate from a previous deal. Trying to add more months with this one.

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Bioshock Infinite shows its seams, but it's a great game.

    Well, until it does the "but what if those who fight back against being slaves take it too far" bit.

    What's wrong with that? You get to watch mecha-Lincoln fighting mecha-Washington.

    Yeah but can you yeet both of them into oblivion or does one have to win?

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Good lord, these sequences in Observer where you jack into someone's mind/memories are obnoxious as fuck. Sounds cool, right? Wrong.

    Its trying to be artsy weird and scary and failing at both of them. Trying to throw as much noise and clutter at you as they can in poorly lit nonsensical environments.

    You know whats fun and interesting? Trying to solve puzzles in a room thats impossible to see in while a baby is constantly crying in the background.

    I was enjoying the game before this but if theres a lot more of these, I'm probably just going to move on. I signed up for cyberpunk horror, not...whatever this is.

    Is it similar to Remember Me?

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Thanks, @Donnicton for Battlemage. I shall ignite a zombie with a fireball spell in your honor.

    JazzRoyceSraphimMNC DoverKalnauran_altBetsuniKoopahTroopahStollsTalus9952
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Started up Alien Isolation for a second run after beating it a few years ago. Nope, can't play it with headphones lol, too creepy even knowing what's coming

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    RoyceSraphimJazzBetsuniCommander ZoomJaysonFourStollsTalus9952
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Started up Alien Isolation for a second run after beating it a few years ago. Nope, can't play it with headphones lol, too creepy even knowing what's coming

    Get the VR mod.

    MugsleyKoopahTroopahStollsDrovekBig ClassyBurnageTalus9952RoyceSraphim
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 19
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Good lord, these sequences in Observer where you jack into someone's mind/memories are obnoxious as fuck. Sounds cool, right? Wrong.

    Its trying to be artsy weird and scary and failing at both of them. Trying to throw as much noise and clutter at you as they can in poorly lit nonsensical environments.

    You know whats fun and interesting? Trying to solve puzzles in a room thats impossible to see in while a baby is constantly crying in the background.

    I was enjoying the game before this but if theres a lot more of these, I'm probably just going to move on. I signed up for cyberpunk horror, not...whatever this is.

    Is it similar to Remember Me?
    Haven't played Remember Me so I couldn't say.

    Dr. Chaos on
  • JazzJazz Fuck cancer. Un-UKRegistered User regular
    I happened to mention in the chat that I was having a shitty day, and why... @Questor decided to take it upon himself to brighten my day by sending me porn. I mean, can't fault that logic.

    x3nl8gtqqlsv.jpg

    Thanks for King of Bali! <3

    destroyah87Pixelated PixieMugsleyKalnauran_altBetsuniKoopahTroopahStormwatcherStollsFencingsaxTalus9952HerothRoyceSraphimIanator
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Good lord, these sequences in Observer where you jack into someone's mind/memories are obnoxious as fuck. Sounds cool, right? Wrong.

    Its trying to be artsy weird and scary and failing at both of them. Trying to throw as much noise and clutter at you as they can in poorly lit nonsensical environments.

    You know whats fun and interesting? Trying to solve puzzles in a room thats impossible to see in while a baby is constantly crying in the background.

    I was enjoying the game before this but if theres a lot more of these, I'm probably just going to move on. I signed up for cyberpunk horror, not...whatever this is.

    Is it similar to Remember Me?
    I forgot Remember Me so I couldn't say.

    ElvenshaeDr. ChaosMugsleySyngyneBetsuniThawmusKoopahTroopahStollsFencingsaxRoyceSraphimTeeMan
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Started up Alien Isolation for a second run after beating it a few years ago. Nope, can't play it with headphones lol, too creepy even knowing what's coming

    Get the VR mod.

    This sounds amazing and horrifying.

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    MugsleyBig ClassyRoyceSraphim
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited October 19
    I really am not sure what I did to deserve this?
    ezl7fq27f2gy.jpg
    Really, I'm not. I wasn't even in chat at the time.

    Thank you @Aumni for Phasmophobia!

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    KalnaurJazzemp123BetsuniPixelated PixieMadicanKoopahTroopahStormwatcherKarozMNC DoverStollsan_altTalus9952HerothRoyceSraphimIanator
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I should know better. I really should. Especially when the game is on sale. I was complaining in chat that I missed the Mechanicus free weekend because I thought it went for 2 more hours. @Destroyah took pity on me and decided to let me find out if I like it myself.
    drc0lhve5exg.png
    Thank so much. I do love some turn-based strategy.

    steam_sig.png

    SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    Mugsleydestroyah87KalnaurJazzemp123BetsuniThawmusPixelated PixieMadicanElvenshaeKoopahTroopahKarozMNC DoverCommander ZoomStollsTalus9952HerothRoyceSraphimIanator
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I should know better. I really should. Especially when the game is on sale. I was complaining in chat that I missed the Mechanicus free weekend because I thought it went for 2 more hours. @Destroyah took pity on me and decided to let me find out if I like it myself.
    drc0lhve5exg.png
    Thank so much. I do love some turn-based strategy.

    Please report back with impressions and an answer to whether it really is XCOM: 40,000.

    steam_sig.png
    IoloJazzElvenshaeCommander Zoom
Sign In or Register to comment.