As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wet Hot American [Phalla] - Summer is Over - Mafia Win!

LocusLocus Trust MeThe seaRegistered User regular
edited August 2020 in Critical Failures
Wet Hot American Phalla

Phalla is a variation of the “Mafia” party game, where an uninformed majority (colloquially referred to as “the village”) must root out an informed minority (colloquially referred to as “the mafia”). You can read more about phalla here.

The rules for this phalla are below. If you wish to sign up to play this game, please sign up in a bold color. The game is designed for 16 players.

Each day, the players must vote to eliminate another player by posting the name of the player they wish to eliminate in bold red. The player who has the most votes at the end of the day will be eliminated from the game. In the event of a tie vote, one of the players who received the most votes will be eliminated, at random, as will the player who tied the vote.

Votes made in an edited post will not be counted.

Each game day will end at 2:00 PM Eastern Time.

Any votes cast or orders received at 2:00 PM or later will not be counted. All votes or orders must be timestamped 1:59 PM or earlier to be counted for that day.

Include @Locus on any private messages shared between players or any proboards created.

Players may not anonymously communicate with any other player.

Once a player has been eliminated from the game, they may make a single “ghost” post in the game thread, as long as that post does not contain any game information. That player may not privately communicate with any other player about the game.

Players must make at least two posts in the game thread and vote once each day. Failure to do so will result in your elimination from the game.

Each player will be assigned a unique role. Role PMs may not be shared. All villagers have the following win condition: Eliminate all threats to the Camp Firewood.

There is a village. There is a mafia.

Locus on

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Player List:

1. discrider – GeneWent to go hump a fridge
    2. AustinP0027 – BethBoy, that secret pizza party sure is getting crowded! :)
    3. jdarksun
    4. Cythraul - Victor - Crashed the van
    5. Zonugal
    6. JaysonFour – J.J.Flopped into the lake
    7. JPants
    8. Lucedes
    9. mrpaku - Ben - Joined Katie at that secret pizza party! :)
    10. Heffling - Katie - Taken to a secret pizza party! :)
    11. Wildcat
    12. 38thDoe
    13. premium
    14. Invictus - Associate Professor Henry Newman - Denied tenure

Reserves:
    1. Gizzy
    2. H3Knuckles

Locus on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    A thing

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    A Locus run Phalla.....and I'm not co-hosting.....I...I don't know what to do with my hands.....

You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I'm a can of mixed vegetables!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular

Thank you for the reminder of this amazing movie. Might have to rewatch it today!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i have been rustled!

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    When is this starting? I am busy until Tuesday or so

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I am also busy until Wednesday, especially with the 11am vote close, but can Reserve

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2020

mrpaku on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    SignUp!

premium wrote: »
    When is this starting? I am busy until Tuesday or so
    Was planning on starting on Monday, but no reason I couldn't wait a day.

Of course, if I don't get a few more people the game won't be starting at all. We'll see what happens!

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Well, I was going to take a break but if you need people I'll hop on board. !Sign up please.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I don't know anything about this movie but I can still be suspicious.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »

It's on netflix and it's freaking hilarious. There is also a series that was made later I haven't watched, but the original movie is one of the best.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The series is pretty funny. Don't expect it to capture the movie's hilarity but it does a good job of expanding the movie premise into all the weeks before the movie took place and still having some pretty good moments of it's own.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »

It's on netflix and it's freaking hilarious. There is also a series that was made later I haven't watched, but the original movie is one of the best.

Hey I put in hundreds of hours getting my wife to the good part of Star Trek the Next Generation and I'm going to enjoy it. ( We just reached Déjà Q last night) Seriously does anyone remember that seasons were 26 hours long?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

The series is pretty funny. Don't expect it to capture the movie's hilarity but it does a good job of expanding the movie premise into all the weeks before the movie took place and still having some pretty good moments of it's own.
    Both series are not as good as the movie, but they have their moments.

I would say the humor in the movie is closer to The State, while the humor in the series is closer to Stella (and Michael Showalter's other solo projects).

Hmm I always thought it was like the sense of humor of old school which I didn't care for. I'll check it out.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• premiumpremium Registered User regular

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I hope I do better this time!

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Mid-day vote close isn't great for me, but that's not a dealbreaker. However, we're supposed to be getting a bad storm today. Hopefully I won't lose power, but just in case, I think I'd better just reserve. If I still have internet tonight and you're just starting, I'll probably switch to a full sign up if you've still got an open slot.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Locus wrote: »
    Both series are not as good as the movie, but they have their moments.

I would say the humor in the movie is closer to The State, while the humor in the series is closer to Stella (and Michael Showalter's other solo projects).
    Why did I write "both" when "neither" is the better option? The world may never know.

In any case, I'll be starting the game some time this afternoon, regardless of whether it fills up.

Okay, role PMs going out shortly!

Game will begin when opening narration goes up.

August 18, 1981

5:57 AM

Last Day of Camp

Rise and shine campers! You’re listening to the Beekeeper, on Camp Firewood Radio, WCFW.

It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the last day of camp. You’ve had all summer to nurse grudges against your fellow campers and counselors, and now’s your chance to let that grudge loose. Did someone steal your lunch? Or your man? There’s no time like the present to let those people know exactly how you feel! Because, when tomorrow comes, you’ll have run out of chances to get the revenge you so richly deserve.

In the meantime, don’t be late for the last flag-raising of the summer, and I’m sure Gene has cooked up something great for breakfast. After that, we’ve got our last round of morning activities. So head out on the lake, pick up your guitar, strap on your leggings, and get to it, Camp Firewood. You’ve got to make this one count.

And, as always, keep your dials tuned to WCFW, with me, the Beekeeper!

Day One has begun! Day One will end tomorrow at 2 PM EDT.

Do you think we will have peas in our time?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Locus, I need you to do me a favor.

I need you to take a shower today. 'Cause your parents are coming tomorrow, and I don't want to get in trouble.

You haven't taken a shower once this summer. Not once in 8 weeks.

You're covered in dirt.

Take a shower.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    38thdoe

Lets just get this out of the way
    Invictus for the vig shot taking me out last game.

I'm sure a reason to vote for discrider will turnip.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Zonugal because orders to shower are such a camp counselor move, man.

edited August 2020

Look, was I directly responsible for JPants' death last game? Yes. But, was my decision to kill him based on bad information and a rushed decision? Also yes. In the end, though, was it explicitly my fault that my information was bad, and that the decision was rushed? A third and final yes.

Invictus on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Gonna leave this vote for AustinP right here next to my dick cream

edited August 2020

Look, was I directly responsible for JPants' death last game? Yes. But, was my decision to kill him based on bad information and a rushed decision? Also yes. In the end, though, was it explicitly my fault that my information was bad, and that the decision was rushed? A third and final yes.

WTF? How does this even happen...

Invictus on
    Heffling wrote: »

I'm sorry, are you anti-showers???

Whats it like in the filth-bridage?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »

I'm sorry, are you anti-showers???

Whats it like in the filth-bridage?

Wanna get filthy with me and find out?