#pipe is no longer appeased [YouTube/Internet Videos]

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I literally have a cousin in that school system right now. Though she's graduating this next year I believe.

I'm furious.

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    PragerU is pushing their videos to K-12 schools with unsurprising results:
    An Ohio public school has been giving students extra credit for watching videos from PragerU, a right-wing website that produces clips of talking heads such as Candace Owens and Ben Shapiro discussing conservative viewpoints, HuffPost has learned.

The PragerU videos — with titles such as “Build the Wall,” “Why the Right Was Right” and “The Left Ruins Everything” — were assigned to a 10th-grade history class at Maumee High School, along with a series of questions about the videos’ “most important messages.”

The assignment came at the same time that the website has tried to gain further influence in K-12 classrooms. Earlier this month, the organization launched a program directly aimed at parents and educators, complete with study guides with sections such as “Conservatives Are the Real Environmentalists” and “The Ferguson Lie,” based on a HuffPost review of the materials.

This is super gross. Super, super gross. Now I get to worry whether my history counterparts will decide to do that here. Cool. Cool cool cool.

Crippl3Donovan PuppyfuckerBucketmanLord_Asmodeus
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    As a teacher I could consider using PragerU videos... as examples in a class focusing on critical thinking.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    #pipeCentipede DamascusShortyMNC DoverFencingsaxshoeboxjeddydarunia106Duke 2.0HeadCreepsN1tSt4lkerDonovan PuppyfuckerSporkAndrewHappy Little MachineBucketmanLord_Asmodeus
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    Perhaps as part of a "how to spot media bias" section. Be especially sure to point out the few legitimizing ones they put out as chaff as well, like the excellent "the civil war was about slavery. No, seriously, dummy, slavery" episode.

N1tSt4lkerBucketman
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    The first time I saw a PragerU ad I didn't know what it was, and it took me about 10 seconds to figure out it was all a bunch of nonfactual bullshit.

DoodmannHeadCreeps
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    First time I was aware of PragerU was that old video they made about how the Civil War truly was about slavery where they had a West Point guy talk about it. That was clearly them sewing a foundation of plausible deniability about their far-right bias. Next time they became relevant they were already all in on the propaganda.

TheStigShortyKnight_MNC DoverDouglasDangercB557MidniteFencingsaxshoeboxjeddydarunia106KadithDuke 2.0LabelMayabirdDonovan PuppyfuckerDarkPrimusOlivawSporkAndrewHappy Little MachineBucketmanLord_Asmodeus

cB557MayabirdGvzbgulPeas
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 20
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Gosh darnit!

this is unbelievably cursed

Crippl3MNC DoverOlivawNetscapeBucketman
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The hunters get full sets of prot V armor so Dream traps them above the Nether bedrock. Like fuckin, they become functionally invincible so he traps them in a pocket dimension. These things keep getting wilder.

MidniteMadicanAistanwebguy20facetiousTonkkaOlivawMvrckQuantum Tiger

Crippl3cB557LabelJohnny Chopsocky#pipeFencingsaxBucketmanLord_Asmodeus
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

3basnids3lf9.jpg

NetscapeBucketman
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Man flesh :)

Looks like meats back on the menu!

Wait, how does an Orc know what a menu is?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Local H JaycB557Bucketman
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

They had to use one for character creation.

NetscapeBucketman
    edited October 20

Orcs actually have an excellent culinary culture... in this essay which I've titled..

One does not simply wok into mordor...

Uriel on
    MidniteSnicketysnickRanlinMNC Doverwebguy20OlivawKruiteLord PalingtonButlerFencingsaxSporkAndrewSorceHappy Little MachineBucketmanLord_Asmodeus
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Gosh darnit!

this is unbelievably cursed

it's one of the better Funimation dubs, though

iwantanswers3.png
    cB557MNC DoverDee KaeBucketman
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus What a wonderful harvest.Registered User regular

They have farms and factories, why wouldn't they know what a menu is?

FiendishrabbitSorceBucketman
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Mwx884o.jpg
    StiltsMidniteDonovan PuppyfuckerNetscape
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular

Mwx884o.jpg
    miscellaneousinsanityBucketman
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    https://tomlehrersongs.com/

Tom Lehrer has released all the songs he could into the public domain

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    MidniteThatDudeOverThereThe Escape GoatJedocmiscellaneousinsanityCentipede DamascusMrMonroeaStoryAboutYouOlivawGvzbgulFencingsaxNeveronGlalWeedLordVegetaPeasSorceCurly_BraceNetscapeMetzger Meister
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 21

AOC, Ilhan Omar, Pokimane, Critikal, JackSepticEye, DrLupo, Myth, Disguised Toast, and 2 others (Maia and Hasan) play Among Us for voter outreach

Goose! on
    HeadCreepsDonovan PuppyfuckerMidnitePwnanObrienTonkkamightyjongyoMagellaStoryAboutYouOlivawElbasunuautono-wally, erotibot300Mc zanyshoeboxjeddyHappy Little MachineLord_Asmodeus
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    93p4j5jud2ic.png
    It's pretty popular already, even though they've spent the past ~40 minutes fixing issues

Netscape
  • ZxerolZxerol bat tail beaver /w a measuring tape Registered User regular
    That is a fuckton of viewers.

Local H JayGoose!miscellaneousinsanityThe Escape GoatMidniteTynnanStiltsWeX MajorsTonkkamightyjongyoEmerlmaster999aStoryAboutYouOlivawMNC DoverNeveronshoeboxjeddyHappy Little MachineLord_Asmodeus
  • AbsalonAbsalon Registered User regular
    So Woolie Madden/Woolie Versus is going through Allllllllll of Guilty Gear's lore in partnership with Arc System Works.

ALlllllLLLLLLLLLLLL of it.

We are all as God made us and frequently much worse
    miscellaneousinsanityStiltsAshtonDragonAzraith
    Tdot you should have to change your avatar away from clock King cause you are too slow.

cB557
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    A clock king isn't fast, nor slow, but posts exactly when they mean to

BahamutZERO.gif
    The Escape GoatCrippl3darunia106DarkPrimusmightyjongyoHeadCreepscursedkingTankHammerOlivawcB557FencingsaxWeedLordVegetaThatDudeOverThereshoeboxjeddyLord_Asmodeus
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

AOC, Ilhan Omar, Pokimane, Critikal, JackSepticEye, DrLupo, Myth, Disguised Toast, and 2 others (Maia and Hasan) play Among Us for voter outreach

Good to see Jack's on the right side of history, which is to say the left side. I'm sure in response Pewdiepie is going to stream Minecraft with one of those Q-anon senators.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • qwer12qwer12 Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Damn, that ending in the 3rd game

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
    edited October 21
    They are now rotating in new streamers: Corpse, Hbomberguy, Isra, & Valkyrae have joined

EDIT: Isra is Ilhan's daughter I think

Goose! on
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    The hunters get full sets of prot V armor so Dream traps them above the Nether bedrock. Like fuckin, they become functionally invincible so he traps them in a pocket dimension. These things keep getting wilder.

Good lord the plays he makes to turn the tide back against the pursuers.

AthenorTankHammerMvrckcB557MNC DoverGlalNeveronMidnite
This discussion has been closed.