As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FALL GUYS is going to be the biggest esport.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    How did I manage to clip through Fall Mountain?!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Finally got an end stage that wasn't Hex-A-Gone or Fall Mountain! (the spinning bar one, which I didn't realize wasn't the regular stage at first).

In celebration, have someone trying to knock me off Slime Climb and getting punted off themselves instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupevGEXdyY&feature=youtu.be

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Apparently the Fall Guys are relatives of Pac Man

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I've done a lot of 4v4 and 5v5 fall ball this last week.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I bought and played a lot of this game last night.

Loved every moment of it except for Fall Ball, I haven't won a single game of that one yet.

Dys wrote: »

Loved every moment of it except for Fall Ball, I haven't won a single game of that one yet.

My one tip is play defence. Let the rest of your team chase the ball, you hang by your goal and block the opposition from scoring.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2020
    i think rock n roll is my most hated team game

half my team always runs to the end area to play defense before we're even like 20% up the hill, the half that stays behind doesn't understand how to push a ball

i can usually tell within 10 seconds if we're definitely gonna lose

Garlic Bread on
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I've won almost every game of Rock N Roll I've yet played, I feel like there's that one really tricky spot where you can get the ball hung up but so long as everyone else is online and active it's not too hard to get some real momentum going

But then I've never had the team fracture that bad, either

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    As always, the problem with team games is you have to play them with other people. Other people are always the worst.
    I am confident that I have never been terrible at any team game I've played, even that one where I repeatedly failed to headbutt the ball because I was rubbish at judging the distance.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I've fallen into Fall Guy fever.

I like it so far! Gotten to the last round 3 out of 6 times already

• SegSeg Registered User regular

Dys wrote: »

My one tip is play defence. Let the rest of your team chase the ball, you hang by your goal and block the opposition from scoring.

If you are near a goal and want to get to the center of the map quickly jump into the hole it drops you back in the middle.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2020

heck yeah give me more random shit in levels

Garlic Bread on
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    holy shit I finally won a hex a gone instead of exclusively fall mountains, following the largest fall ball game ive had so far (10v10)

i am unto a god

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Aw I never clicked the gif so I pictured big yeetus as like a double tall AI fall guy that could indiscriminately toss players around

The mr. x of fall guys

Reality continues to be disappointing

Ha, just saw a hacker lose at tiptoe. Spent so long pissing around showing off they missed that the mob had found the path

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I feel like the team tail tag hammer is bigger

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular

The official Formula 1 twitter posted a Fall Guys meme.

We are officially a Phenomenon.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    8 hours of gameplay so far and I finally won a game.

I'm pretty regularly getting into the third or fourth round when not having to rely on a team, either.

Dys on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I just had a final round hack, very frustrating. Hopefully they got banned.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Does the PC version have any sort of report functionality?

Opty wrote: »
    Does the PC version have any sort of report functionality?

https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Alright yeah, I'm back to hating Fall Ball.

The number of people whose impulse is just to hit the ball irrespective to their own position is just too damn high. I can only take so many people heading it into our own goal.

And I don't know if my timing is off or something, because I can never hit the ball with the power some of these other guys put into it.

A brief play inspired by events of today

Me (wise): Don't worry about there being a hacker. If there is a hacker then during the team game everyone well gang up to eliminate the team with the hacker on it.
    You (idiot): But Alistair. What if there are two hackers
    Me: Fuck

Also in another match with a single hacker got down to a 6 vs 6 fall ball match and OMFG the hackers team mates tried to win. WTF are you Fucking doing you Fucking Morons?

I watched the resultant Fall Mountain game and yup, amazingly none of the legitimate players could beat the 5 second finishing time the Hacker managed.

Is all the hacking on Steam or are they on PS4 as well?

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    All I know about the cheaters is that the Fall Guys twitter account doesn't want people talking about the cheaters.

Since they figure their cheat detection works and cheaters are getting banned after games but people talking about the cheaters is just encouraging more people to try cheating.

edited September 2020
    i believe this problem is just on PC version, at least that i have noticed

also they did mention on twitter an update coming to help things shortly and then a big update in the nearish future to add the same anti cheat fortnite uses. I do not know if that is a good thing or not as I do not play that

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    unrelated but it feels pretty good to only have time for one game and still crown get

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the cheater problem feels like an extension of the earlier server problem, imo

the game got way more popular than expected, the growing pains are coming faster than anyone was prepared for, and the dev team is scrambling

edited September 2020
    (sorry for the quality! fall guys was bein' weird with OBS)

"By the grace of god, stand I"
    https://clips.twitch.tv/AthleticJollyFerret4Head

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i am truly awful at tail tag

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    All I know about the cheaters is that the Fall Guys twitter account doesn't want people talking about the cheaters.

Since they figure their cheat detection works and cheaters are getting banned after games but people talking about the cheaters is just encouraging more people to try cheating.

Considering the cheater I saw had roughly 12-15 crowns worth of skins I'm calling bullshit on their detection.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »

Considering the cheater I saw had roughly 12-15 crowns worth of skins I'm calling bullshit on their detection.

Yeah,that specific message they put out said that their detector normally nabs people after their first time cheating.

I looked this up while seeing one person blatantly cheating right through the finale. I then queued up straightaway again, and there was the same dude zooming right to the finish so I could call bullshit on that real easy.

They're about to update their anti-cheat as well as drop some content though, so I'm more than able to enjoy the game in the meantime.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i am truly awful at tail tag

Here's my general strategy that I find works well enough:

1) Emote until the timer reads about 0:45. Nothing you do before this point has any effect on the outcome.
    2) For the next twenty seconds or so, survey the field. Try to find someone who's already being chased by one or two other players, but not too much more than that.
    3) Position yourself ahead of the target, using the trajectory of the other players to predict where they're going to go.
    4) At 0:15 or so, move in and make your attempt. This gives you enough time to make a second attempt if the first one fails.
    5) If you get the tail, congratulations! You only have to defend it for about five seconds. If not, rest assured that actually possessing one before this point wouldn't have changed the outcome.

In Team Tail Tag, feel free to be more proactive; as with all team games, try to bully the worst-performing team, since the goal isn't necessarily to have the most tails, but not to have the least.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    My free for all tail tag tip is learn how to get in the middle protected by the giant hammer. You can suprise tail owners who think they are safe by diving in and nabbing their tail the deliberately getting hit by the hammer to escape

Huh, so looking at the PS4 Achievements, in the past month since release:

94.2% have qualified at least once
    41.2% have gotten to level 10
    37.6% have finished 1st in a racing round
    27.7% have qualified 100 times
    22.4% have won an episode
    11.2% have finished 1st in a racing round 5 times
    10.5% have reached level 25
    5.8% have played enough to have spent a cumulative hour falling
    4.0% have won 7 episodes
    3.2% have qualified 500 times
    2.4% have finished first in a racing round 20 times
    1.4% have reached level 40

And 1.1% have won 20 episodes

I wonder what the win rates are for other battle royale games? That jump from 40% have played enough to reach level 10 to barely more than half of those people having a single win seems pretty rough. Also explains the drop off to only 10% making level 25.

Edcrab's Exigency RPG