Options

FALL GUYS is going to be the biggest esport.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    finally got the taunt then get 1st in a race cheevo

somehow I got miles ahead of anyone else on slime climb

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I love Slime Climb. It's probably my favourite game. The fact that it tends to eliminate a lot of the field is a nice boon, too.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I honestly wish there were more levels like Slime Climb and Seesaws.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'd like seesaws if it went much faster

the difficulty and chaos don't bother me, that stuff if the whole appeal of it

but you can have several minutes pass between the start of the race and the last person qualifying and that's a problem

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Seesaws has to be the game with the largest difficulty difference if you're at the front or not.

If you get ahead of everybody it's stupid easy. If you get caught in the pack it can be hell

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    basically the seesaw course should be about half its current length or moved later in the rotation, imo

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Give Seesaw a timer like Slime Climb (aka have a slime waterfall slowly make its way to the end).

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I had a second round Slime Climb once.

We started with 40 people, and only 12 made it so we had a third level Finale.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I just had a round of Perfect Match where we somehow dropped from 31 players to 8. That was wild.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    This is evil but also I'm a bit tempted to employ it.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Griefing isn't a strategy

It's a cry for attention, presumably resulting in a ban

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    If the devs decide they don't like it they will probably pull that game from the rotation while they implement a fix like they did with Jinxed back when players would hang from ledges making it very difficult for other players to Jinx them.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    OST is now on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/2XbgThX8BaW5Euimr3JAPT?si=ra6gX1iYRCa5v9oprW7rFA
    (At least some of the tracks, doesn't appear to be everything)

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Griefing isn't a strategy

It's a cry for attention, presumably resulting in a ban
    Maybe it's a jerk move, but that's really not griefing. The objective in this game is to be the last person standing. Eliminating more people so have a better chance to win is perfectly legit.

Anyway, from what I've seen, that kind of thing seems to backfire almost as often as it works out.

• Options
    It's preventing other players from participating in the game.

Grabbing and shoving on Rollout or Perfect Match is a jerk thing to do, but those maps at least have space to maneuver away from potential jerks and still compete. That particular choke point in Slime Climb is unavoidable, a player blocking the chokepoint moves from being a jerk or an underhanded opportunist into actively antagonizing other players in a way that the game does not provide countermeasures for.

If that's not griefing then I don't know what is

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    It's preventing other players from participating in the game.

Grabbing and shoving on Rollout or Perfect Match is a jerk thing to do, but those maps at least have space to maneuver away from potential jerks and still compete. That particular choke point in Slime Climb is unavoidable, a player blocking the chokepoint moves from being a jerk or an underhanded opportunist into actively antagonizing other players in a way that the game does not provide countermeasures for.

If that's not griefing then I don't know what is
    You can totally just jump over them there, though. Or just grab them and take them down with you. That's not some kind of sure-win strategy.

I mean, I could totally see the devs updating the map slightly to make that less of a problem, but it's not some kind of offense that should get that person banned.

• Options
    not only is "I don't like the thing" not bannable griefing by any means, and classifying eliminating players in a last man standing multiplayer game as "being a jerk" silly and borderline a "throws in fighting games are cheap!" argument, if it works and most players die to it the perpetrator will most likely be subjected to the royal fumble hell they deserve anyways

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i cannot express the degree to which i cannot consider "standing still" in a competitive multiplayer game to be griefing

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Is it an ass move. Sure, but I hate those yellow cylinders enough as they are so I might be a bit biased here. Is it griefing? Nope.

The whole point of the game is the be the last person standing and to get everybody else eliminated. I might get a bit salty if I got eliminated because of it, but it's a legit strategy.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    I'd argue that an example of griefing might be doing a similar thing in a game like Whirlygig or See Saw. Taking other people out at the end doesn't really help you there, since the same number of people are going to qualify anyway. Slime Climb is different because you can actually reduce the number of people who pass.

Still not bannable or anything, though. Gotta just get used to people being jerks in online games.

• Options
    i cannot express the degree to which i cannot consider "standing still" in a competitive multiplayer game to be griefing

This is disingenuous. You have to successfully complete 3/4s of the race just to stand there

As far as eliminating players being the point of the game then the true meta of Slime Climb is for the first four players across the cylinder to just stand there and block everyone else off leading to an immediate final next round. Fastest way to get a shot at a crown

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    if they can actually coordinate that scenario they've earned it

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the entire point of chokepoints is to make it difficult to cross when other people are there

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    This game has masde me yell the c word more than any other game in history and I only started playing 3 hours ago

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Some of these games are straight Takeshi's Castle

• Options
    was down to the final 3 on jump showdown

someone grabbed me as the bar came by taking us both out leaving the last guy the winner

why you do this

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    was down to the final 3 on jump showdown

someone grabbed me as the bar came by taking us both out leaving the last guy the winner

why you do this
    They could have been friends. Or maybe they were hoping to mess you up by grabbing you and then managing to make the jump.

Some people just seem to be very grabby in general though.

• Options
    Actually that brings something up, I wish that teams were marked in some way so you know who may be collaborating. There've been a few times in, say, Royal Fumble where I'm like "why is this person grabbing me and not the person with the tail?!" and then realizing that maybe they're teammates.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Or guys just stopping randomly before the finishing line and then grabbing you.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I really love the new Block Party. It makes that awesome little ending bit of the song feel even more earned

• Options
    edited August 2020
    block party was definitely too easy at launch

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I'm still way better at Block Party than the other one, mostly because I can keep the camera pointed one way and focus entirely on movement

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I was doing good at block party but suddenly I got knocked down for reasons I'm still not sure about (I thought I had jumped over the bar) and got pushed off before I could get back up.

• Options
    There's a .. glitch? feature? .. where if you're being pushed by a bar and you're trying to move toward it you can't get up. I tried other methods, and I forget which or if both worked, but either not trying to move at all OR moving away from the bar breaks the cycle and allows you to get back up.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Nothing like going through an entire Team Tail Tag without losing your starting tail.. and still losing.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    That's why you have to donate your tail to your teammates. Can't trust them to get their own.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I got first in a Door Dash earlier and I do not think I will ever achieve anything of the sort in all aspects of my life ever again.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    The see saw game as the first game with 60 players is utter hell and it's amazing

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Oh my god I just got down to the final 2 in one of those jump the spinning pole games and my guy just, didn't jump when I pressed X. The stupid little shit just stood there and got whacked into the goo.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    holy shit this bullet kin costume costs 10 crowns total

7yh4xczljsym.png