Options

FALL GUYS is going to be the biggest esport.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I try to hold on to my tail for as long as possible, if for no other reason than to practice my dodging skills.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think that platform is the one with the wall he jumped up on.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Hello everyone else on my team playing Egg Scramble and/or Hoarders.

The aim is not to have the most at the end of the round. The aim is to not have the least.

Steal eggs/balls from the other team that has the least, not the most. JFC.

If we are currently leading by 1 and it's gone to overtime help one of the other teams steal a ball.

You can't win these rounds, only lose.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Hello everyone else on my team playing Egg Scramble and/or Hoarders.

The aim is not to have the most at the end of the round. The aim is to not have the least.

Steal eggs/balls from the other team that has the least, not the most. JFC.

If we are currently leading by 1 and it's gone to overtime help one of the other teams steal a ball.

You can't win these rounds, only lose.

This is of course factually accurate, but I devote all my efforts in the team games to ensuring that Red loses, no matter what the current game state is.

Does this include instances when I am placed on the red team? I don't have to answer that. Talk to my lawyer.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    two teams picking on a third is objectively the best strategy but it is aggravating if you're the third team and not actually particularly fun if you're one the other two

the lead team's base is usually relatively unguarded and I can actually do playing the game type things

• Options
    two teams picking on a third is objectively the best strategy but it is aggravating if you're the third team and not actually particularly fun if you're one the other two

the lead team's base is usually relatively unguarded and I can actually do playing the game type things

I'm here to get to the final round as coolly and efficiently as possible before eliminating myself within seconds due to comical misplay not have fun!

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options
    edited August 2020
    [
    I'd like seesaws if it went much faster

the difficulty and chaos don't bother me, that stuff if the whole appeal of it

but you can have several minutes pass between the start of the race and the last person qualifying and that's a problem

I'd like See Saws if I never played it again.

Alistair Hutton on

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i just had a slime climb where i just made it (only the second time i've finished it) followed by a royal fumble where i was this close to winning and my hands are shaking

time to take a break

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Oh nice maybe I'll get to do Fall Mountain more often than once a week

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    People have started timing their runs on slime climb, this may be the current WR.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    there's definitely some stuff in that clip i have considered as options but was not brave enough to try

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    An interesting thing about Slime Climb is that it starts an invisible timer when a person finishes, which can end the level even before the slime rises all the way. So if someone blitzes the level like OhHeyItsDavid did there, it usually results in a handful of people getting eliminated because they hung around the finish line for too long trying to take out other people.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    ok this one linked in the comments to his 46 second is hilarious. Much much faster but probably not intentionally so and I'm not sure you could duplicate it reliably!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=aYu4QuIxVFY&feature=emb_logo

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    After days of playing this and not having won, I finally got a victory last night! And then I won again in the very next game! And then I made it to the last round of the next game where I encountered Hex-a-gone for the very first time. So that was a fun roll.

• Options
    I'm shocked you went that long without seeing hexagone

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Holy shit, I did it. I finally fucking did it. I finished slime climb.

• Options

a great thread to read for behind the scenes stuff about the game's creation from pitch to launch

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I just had a 20-bean Hex-a-gon match in Round 4. That was weird.

• Options
    I love Hexagone with 8ish players, but once you hit 13+ it's just obnoxious

• Options
    I feel like the "be x at end of time" levels would be better if they scored as "least amount of control over the timer loses"

• Options
    FYI in Hexagone there's an exploit that lets you just jump in mid-air and fly, auto-winning the round :/

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I'm shocked you went that long without seeing hexagone

Before this, I'd gotten Fall Mountain about 80% of the time in the final round and Jump Showdown the other times. I won a Hex-a-gone round a few games later too!

I felt a little less pumped about my Fall Guys victory after I saw 23% of all players have that achievement on Steam though :P

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    FYI in Hexagone there's an exploit that lets you just jump in mid-air and fly, auto-winning the round :/

that was a hacker, it's been a bit of an issue

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Finally saw hex a gone, not that bad? Better than Fall mountain IMO as that's more "did you start in the first row and not screw up"

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Fun article from Polygon about the evolution of Fall Guys' design:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/20/21378069/fall-guys-pitch-document-twitter-thread-jeff-tanton

Also I know the Seesaw level is not uh... enjoyed... but a lot of people, but it's honestly one of my favorites. Just sheer chaos.

Edit:

Oh whoops, sorry TDOT, didn't realize the tweet you quoted was this same article!

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    not a problem!

I honestly love how blindsided by this game's success the devs are

• Options
    I am bad at Slime Climb and I am not afraid to admit it.

I think I'd do not have a good grasp on the interactions of jumps, dives and landings.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    A note on Seesaws: If you use the dive button instead of the jump button you are much more likely to stand up after landing instead of rolling down the platform. The design seems to be the jump button is for jumping to obstacles above you while dive works better to go downwards

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    the only part of slime climb that really fucks me up is the yellow logs. sometimes i'll slide off from the middle, sometimes i'll stay on from the side. i never know

everything else is never really a problem

• Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    A note on Seesaws: If you use the dive button instead of the jump button you are much more likely to stand up after landing instead of rolling down the platform. The design seems to be the jump button is for jumping to obstacles above you while dive works better to go downwards
    Also, jumping and then diving a little before you hit the platform works wonders.

• Options
    feels kind of early to start teasing that but I guess the seasons are only two months long

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    So it's known that you can grab onto the lip of certain platforms and pull yourself up (using the grab button); it turns out that the rectangular plungers on Slime Climb are valid targets for that move. If you're about to get dunked off the side, you might be able to save yourself by grabbing onto it.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    you can also do this as it is moving inward to clip inside the next floor and jump to pop outside above it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    feels kind of early to start teasing that but I guess the seasons are only two months long
    Regular season changes seems like the best way to keep interest up.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Is it just me or have the chances of encountering certain games gotten really screwy since they implemented the fix that disallowed team games from happening back-to-back? I feel like there's a 95% chance that Roll Out will be the third round in every game, but I just played Fruit Chute for the first time in like three days.

• Options
    I need an exhaustive guide on the different result of jumping / diving onto every surface at every angle.

The whole "diving onto slopes results in you not tumbling down them" is not super intuitive

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I need an exhaustive guide on the different result of jumping / diving onto every surface at every angle.

The whole "diving onto slopes results in you not tumbling down them" is not super intuitive
    The only general rule I guess is that jumping/falling onto uneven surfaces can cause you to stumble, but it definitely varies. Diving prevents stumbling, and is especially notable on See Saw for letting you get up quicker... but there is still a bit of lag after a dive, which may depend on how far you fall, so making dives on Hex-a-Gone for example can be pretty risky. I also find that diving nearly guarantees ragdolling if you hit another guy, although that can happen with regular jumps too.

The biggest mystery to me is Fall Mountain, where you sometimes just stumble and fall over when dropping down the lip at the start of the level. But it doesn't seem to happen if you jump. No idea why.

• Options
    I just won my first game! In the second to last round I scored a hat trick in Fall Ball while being on the shorthanded side of a 5v6, then grabbed the tail with less than 5 seconds to play in the final round of Tail Tag. I'm a little uncomfortable with how fast my heart rate is, but I could run through a wall right now.