As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FALL GUYS is going to be the biggest esport.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I enjoy this game except for the team games and the final rounds, which I never win, because all of the scrub players are gone by that point.

Which sucks because I keep suckering myself into playing it, having fun in those first few rounds, and then get my ass handed to me in a team game and remember that, no, I don't actually like playing it.

It's like this game gives me amnesia.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    On PS4 at least I find it's getting easier to win as time goes on since the hardcore players hit lvl 40 and their playing tapered off, so the top tier is now made up of great-but-not-godly players

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    my roommate and i have been playing it basically every day since it came out and haven't gotten any wins yet. enough close ones that we keep going

he's also someone who stopped playing games when they went to 3d so while it's fun to see someone like that get into a brand new game, he isn't good with analog sticks (at least the ps4 layout) so he doesn't move the camera and it is painful for me to watch

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i have 3 wins so far plus my freebie crowns but that's still not enough for a cool costume

i wonder how often the crossover skins will rotate in the store, I really hope I have enough next time the bullet kin costume comes back

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    painfulPleasancepainfulPleasance The First RepublicRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Some of these maps would do with a little more chaos and mayhem introduced to them.

The one where there are three teams trying to guard / steal eggs is complete chaos. It's also my least liked one because it feels like I have the least control over it.

Throw the eggs. They just sort of go forward if you're in the air.

• Options
    My strat for eggs is to grab and toss as many as I can into my team's area, then once the middle's empty go harass whoever's in last place by tossing eggs out of their area and hoping someone from my team or the other team grabs them.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    If you are playing with a group of 2 or more, I find the best strategy is (in order of priority) one person on the top ledge of your nest playing D, grabbing eggs/folks as they leave the nest. The next person hanging around your catchers mitt in the middle and sliding around grabbing anything that gets by person 1. Then if you have another player or two, have them at the other teams ledges/catchers mitts shuttling eggs back to yours. Don't run them all the way back, just toss them over the cup edge and rotate back.

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    notya wrote: »
    i regret buying this game. it is not as fun as i'd hoped. internet fads were wrong again!

Yeah, kinda sad how I can't communicate with anyone really as Fallguy 1926. If you're not playing it with friends or streaming it, it's gonna be a bit of a rough time.

Maybe it'll get better down the line.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I was just annoyed as my first win was snatched away by someone hacking their jump dive speed.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    I was just annoyed as my first win was snatched away by someone hacking their jump dive speed.

Hackers suck in this game. More than any other game they truly, truly suck in this game.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Most footage of hackers I've seen involves them still losing due to their increased speed actually working against them, like hitting the Fall Balls too hard so they bounce back out of the goals and often into their own.

I'm sitting at 6 wins currently, split evenly between Fall Mt and Hex A Gone. Tail Tag finale just seems downright impossible to win, and Jump Showdown seems to become a coin toss between whether or not you picked the right platform in relation to the spinning bar's increasing speed.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

And not a single one knows how see saws work.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Throw the eggs. They just sort of go forward if you're in the air.
    Was playing a few shows last night before bed with friends and we got Hoarders. Blue team ended with ZERO because my one friend just jumped into Blue and started launching them out of the nest. He wasn't trying to steal them, just throw them, and it was shockingly effective.

and Jump Showdown seems to become a coin toss between whether or not you picked the right platform in relation to the spinning bar's increasing speed.

Played 3 shows last night, got a win on the last one in Jump Showdown. I managed to jump from a falling section to the section that wasn't falling and then was able to sabotage three other players so the spinning bar would hit them.

Yay for incredibly brief grabs to throw off their timing. Just let lag and the bar do the rest.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    OK, found my new favourite dick thing to do. Being in first place in door dash, identifying the correct final door and then fake jumping at it like i've bounced off. Everyone else goes for the other doors.

Hilarity ensues.

I saw a video of someone doing that and tried it myself and it worked like a charm.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'd gone my entire time with this game without running into the infamous hacker problem and then I've suddenly run into three of them within the last 12 hours

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    OK, found my new favourite dick thing to do. Being in first place in door dash, identifying the correct final door and then fake jumping at it like i've bounced off. Everyone else goes for the other doors.

Hilarity ensues.

I saw a video of someone doing that and tried it myself and it worked like a charm.

How do you identify the real door besides chance?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just noticed the Sora library eBook mascot guy looks a lot like a Fall Guy guy.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

Hilarity ensues.

How do you identify the real door besides chance?
    You gotta aim your camera down and try to look for a small gap of pink between the "teeth" at the bottom of the door and the door itself. If you can see a slight gap, that door is fake. It only works on the last three sets of doors, for... some reason. The trick for identifying the last door is easier.
    That trick works for the last three doors, but for the very last door you can also just pay attention during the video that pans over the level before the game starts. When it shows the back of the doors, you can just look for the door that is slightly shorter, and that one is the real one.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    It is waaaaaay more fun to win Fall Mountain because the people in front of you screwed up their jump than it is to win cleanly.

• Options
    It is waaaaaay more fun to win Fall Mountain because the people in front of you screwed up their jump than it is to win cleanly.

did you just beat me in fall mountain because i just lost by missing a jump onto the steps

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I missed a jump onto the steps badly too! I thought I'd lost but then the two guys who made it to the crown before me jumped too early. Stolen victories feel sooooo good.

Also, you really get a sense of how squishy and unresponsive the controls feel when you're trying to make quick turns and jumps in Hex-a-gone.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    hex-a-gone is where my platforming skills shine and i've pulled off some surprising feats in it

but still no win yet

• Options
    Yeah, all my wins are fall mountain. I always have real good starts with hex a gone but plummet through multiple floors to my death as people already ruined the space below

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I live for Hex-a-Gone. I would probably enter some kind of competitive Hex tournament if such a thing was possible.

I like both Fall Mountain and Jump Showdown too and have gotten at least one win on each of them, but most of my wins are Hex.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I've got 6 wins split evenly between Fall Mountain and Hex-a-Gone

I've literally only gotten to one game of final Tail Tag and maybe three Jump Showdowns, I almost always get Fall Mountain or Hex-a-Gone for the final round and I've qualified for finals so many times at this point - never get tired of Hex but Fall Mountain is wearing on me

Nothing feels better in this game than winning by dirty pool, it is viscerally satisfying to snatch a win from someone else's blunder whether it's qualifying or finals

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Fall Mountain is an auto-lose for me, for some reason. I've never even come close to winning that level.

I'm usually pretty competitive on Hex-a-Gone and Jump Showdown but haven't pulled off a victory yet on either. Weirdly, my only win so far has come via Tail Tag, which is usually not one of my favorites.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I live for Hex-a-Gone. I would probably enter some kind of competitive Hex tournament if such a thing was possible.

I like both Fall Mountain and Jump Showdown too and have gotten at least one win on each of them, but most of my wins are Hex.

oh I love hex a gone, i just can't close out a win on it like i can on fall mountain

royal fumble can suck my nuts though

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Had a Jump Showdown that, had I not been eliminated due to my own fuckup, I would be LIVID right now because it's painfully obvious the winner was a cheater. Towards the end he was letting himself get knocked down and rather than getting scooped off, he'd stay on the platform and immediately get up.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    all my jump showdowns end in a 1v1 grab fight

I sort of wish it didnt and the bar just spun faster and faster instead of seemingly reaching a cap but that might be intentional

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I have never seen a final level that wasn't Fall Mountain or Hexagone

• Options
    edited August 2020
    just had a royal fumble where i had the tail for all but the final two seconds

I'm so angry

that game doesnt feel good when you win just feels bad when you lose, I hope it gets the boot for season 2 if they dont change to a points system for tail games

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I remember watching one guy start with the tail, let someone take it from him and then stand up on the middle platform and not get involved in chasing the people with tails until the final few seconds of the round. Seems like it just isn't worth it to grab the tail before the last couple seconds of a round.

• Options
    I think it'd work better with no one starting with the tail, having to grab it from some central area, then whoever first holds onto it for 30 seconds total wins.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Seg wrote: »
    I remember watching one guy start with the tail, let someone take it from him and then stand up on the middle platform and not get involved in chasing the people with tails until the final few seconds of the round. Seems like it just isn't worth it to grab the tail before the last couple seconds of a round.

i started with it so i tried to run with it (it was a 4 person game so I thought I could pull it off), but yeah it probably would have been less frustrating to just give it up and wait

i just sat facepalming with the menu music blaring in my face for a solid 10 min to cool off

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I got eliminated on door dash twice in a row.

Alistair Hutton does not get eliminated in door dash, I refuse to accept this reality.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I hadn't played in a week

People have noticeably improved. Door Dash, Gate Crash, and Dizzy Heights had absolutely no room for error, people were finishing so fast. It feels very different from the first two weeks

This also means that someone grabbing you, especially when you're about to make a jump, can eliminate you due to lack of time to recover.

Apparently I need ranked servers so I can play against people at my skill level (one crown and counting)

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG