The General [Coronavirus] Discussion Thread is WAY worse than the flu

2456752

Posts

  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    edited August 7
    These people are attempting to intimidate essential workers by pretending to work for a bogus federal agency.

    I know that all cops are bastards but if you see shit like this in public, call the police immediately. One of the few things law enforcement likes to leap on is nailing impersonators to the wall. Figuratively speaking.

    Edit - And don't threaten to call the cops, that will give them a chance to run away. Just have the cops show up and catch them in the act. It will up (but not guarantee) the chance of right-wing nuts getting arrested.

    Henroid on
    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
    Stabbity StyleGiantGeek2020ElldrenMorganVIncenjucarSkeithToxMan in the MistsLucedesKoopahTroopahShadowfireNightslyrTicaldfjambrynhrtmnNobeardGreen
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, I actually still get emails for travel I logged years and years ago?

    Apparently Czech Republic is a 3 and Peru is a 4, if anyone is curious.

    I admittedly did not read into the context prior to posting the article, but it's still funny in a vacuum regardless.

  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/news/article.cfm?c_id=7&objectid=12354666
    Covid 19 coronavirus: US Government issues New Zealand travel warning due to its '23 active cases'

    This article is not satire.

    I'd agree it's not satire, but I'd argue the premise of the headline is garbage. Reading the article, it show that the US has a 4 category system, consisting of :

    Level 1: Exercise Normal Precautions.
    Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution.
    Level 3: Reconsider Travel.
    Level 4: Do Not Travel.

    Under that system, I'd argue nowhere in the world should be level 1, and it does make perfect sense for NZ to be classified as level 2. In this case, it seems more like our paper of record is fishing for clicks, rather than doing anything particularly useful.

    My first read is "the US is protecting NZ from US travelers" prove me wrong

    Just put "only" in front of those numbers

    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    ToxDoctor Detroit
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    There's a local farmer's market here that is still going on (because of course it is), and one of the vendors who I know personally and at least previously respected turns out to be an antimasker and is not only not requiring customers to be masked, she's actively encouraging via Facebook posts to pull them down at her booth so she can see their 'lovely smiles'. Like FFS how do you think advertising deliberate exposure is going to help you sell food oh wait its SE Missouri, you're doing great.

  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    What the fuck kind of federal agency has neon tank tops, camo leggings and sandals as a dress code?

    Like seriously they aren’t even fucking trying.

    fuck gendered marketing
    MorganVCptHamiltonHenroidDee KaekimeCommander ZoomthatassemblyguyshrykeIncenjucarMild ConfusionZonugalSkeithMan in the MistsToxWeaverrndmheroKoopahTroopahHahnsoo1OrcaboogedybooShadowfireFencingsaxRhesus PositiveQuidShadowhopeNightslyrTicaldfjamHavelock2.0brynhrtmnMoridin889FoolOnTheHillDoctorArchNobeardSpoitGnome-InterruptusjoshofalltradesAegeriGreenKayne Red RobeEinzelKruite
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    In general Farmer's markets should be safer than supermarkets, since they are outdoors and usually have plenty of space. Of course, that assumes masking!

    MayabirdCaptain InertiaNobeardSpoit
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I would definitely consider a farmers market safer than a supermarket unless it had a signifficantly lower amount of mask-wearers and corralled people into tighter proximity.

    MayabirdCelestialBadgerNobeard
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    What the fuck kind of federal agency has neon tank tops, camo leggings and sandals as a dress code?

    Like seriously they aren’t even fucking trying.

    Probably the same one who keeps calling me to tell me my "social security number is suspended for several suspicious activity on it".

    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    thatassemblyguyThegreatcowTetraNitroCubaneMan in the MistsToxLucedesTcheldorKoopahTroopahDoctor DetroitShadowfireFencingsaxSoggybiscuitRhesus PositiveQuidJeanNightslyrGiantGeek2020Havelock2.0Moridin889ElldrenNobeardGnome-InterruptusGreenKayne Red RobemarajiLabelKruite
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Oh crap. I was reading about Sturgis, which is going to be a disaster, and I dread how many people are going to be infected and how much they're going to spread it around even further, then had an over-the-top oh crap realization. Sturgis isn't the only motorcycle rally that will be happening this summer. There's a Sturgis afterparty of sorts in Black River Falls, WI, advertising an indoor bar for all those people who somehow dodged all the bullets through the previous week but want to play disease roulette again. After that, there are going to be far too many others, like Mountains, Music, and Motorcycles in Mountain View, Arkansas and the Laconia Motorcycle Week in New Hampshire later this month. The timing would just be fine for people to go from one to the other and then the next, just chaining superspreaders who then scatter everywhere else even further, a rolling disaster on top of the endless disaster that is the US in general.

    I...am considering rebuilding my stockpiles.

    thatassemblyguyNightslyrTicaldfjamGiantGeek2020Gnome-Interruptus
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 7
    FFS BC, get your shit together. People are acting like COVID is over.



    Kaisers is the head of VPD union.

    Edit: God damn, we worked so hard to get this under control. Shiiiiit.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
    ShadowhopeGnome-InterruptusCaedwyr
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    FFS BC, get your shit together. People are acting like COVID is over.



    Kaisers is the head of VPD union.

    Edit: God damn, we worked so hard to get this under control. Shiiiiit.

    Corvus wrote: »
    FFS BC, get your shit together. People are acting like COVID is over.



    Kaisers is the head of VPD union.

    Edit: God damn, we worked so hard to get this under control. Shiiiiit.


    And we are still a few days from seeing the damage Canada day did

    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    I think you mean BC day, but yes. This isn't great with the whole, all kids go back to school plan for 30 days from now. :x

    :so_raven:
    ShadowhopeEinzel
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    I think you mean BC day, but yes. This isn't great with the whole, all kids go back to school plan for 30 days from now. :x

    Err Ya B.C. day. I'm worried that one is bringing a heckuva spike

    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So in more super spreader news people are at the sturgis motorcyle rally, because in a country filled with covid getting together for a massive event seems like a smart idea.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Mild ConfusionTicaldfjamAbsoluteZeroNobeard
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/politics/stimulus-talks-coronavirus/index.html
    Negotiations over the next stimulus package intended to bolster the economy and help struggling Americans pay their bills have stalled on Capitol Hill with Democrats and Trump administration officials walking away after talks broke down on Friday and devolved into partisan finger-pointing.

    At a hastily scheduled news conference at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club Friday evening, President Donald Trump laid out the executive actions he said he would pursue if Congress does not reach a deal.

    Trump said Friday the actions would include a payroll tax deferment, extending unemployment benefits, extending an eviction moratorium and deferring student loan payments and forgiving their interest.

    "If Democrats continue to hold this critical relief hostage, I will act under my authority as President to get Americans the relief they need," Trump said.

    Trump is going to go full King and declare new laws are in effect, then dare Democrats to stop him from "helping" the american people.

    I... I don't see how Democrats can win this one.

    TetraNitroCubaneJaysonFourGiantGeek2020AbsoluteZerozagdrobDac
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    It's taking advantage of the desperation. Starve the people, prevent proper systemic aid from being put into effect, and then blame your political opponents for trying to stop the few scraps you give out.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
    TetraNitroCubaneMan in the Mistskimeautono-wally, erotibot300DisruptedCapitalistNightslyrJaysonFourGiantGeek2020AbsoluteZeroViskodIncenjucarMoridin889NobeardGnome-InterruptuszagdrobGreenmaraji
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Its actual simple. A third party can sue. It can be taken to court by folks not related to the Dems. The biggest issue is the Dems have passed it all already it is Trump and the Republicans holding it up.

    Its a hard one it seems politically but in reality it is that we stand up for law as well. And that you have to control the actual story. Which is hard because the press seems to not want to talk about anything the Dems have already passed.

    03x29di.png
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Nothing says understanding the plight of the common man like announcing (probably illegal) financial relief from your personal golf club on Friday night so you don't risk interrupting your Saturday tee time.

    Hahnsoo1ForarFencingsaxkimeRhesus PositiveNightslyrJaysonFourGiantGeek2020AbsoluteZeroDonnictonElldrenNobeardGnome-Interruptuszagdrob
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    It's taking advantage of the desperation. Starve the people, prevent proper systemic aid from being put into effect, and then blame your political opponents for trying to stop the few scraps you give out.

    And it's going to work brilliantly.

    VuIBhrs.png
    AbsoluteZero
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I think we'd be doing a lot better here without the tourism, but still numbers are trending generally downward. People are still being good about masks at least where I ever go because it's an enforced mandate and I do think it's helping, but things would also be much better under control if we could ban Florida. There were some reporting issues with case counts and hospitalizations but I only know that because they seem to be fairly transparent about it, the sudden rebound of case numbers we'll see because of it, and what they are doing to fix it. The day the issue made it into the bulletin the person doing the briefing said basically "we have this many cases etc. reported today, you will notice these numbers are very low, don't get excited. They're going to be a whole lot bigger the day we get this fixed until we're caught up."

    I was always kind of mad that Obama was never louder about pointing fingers at Republicans for their obstruction, and now I realize that this is what it sounds like. And trying to push through the GOP agenda wrt the next stimulus bill is worthless because they can't agree on anything internally. He says that and still nothing happens because he has no power to straight-up award this kind of funding.

    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    I guess I'm just

    worried

    about how many places are in that "gradual/eventual" downward trend ever since HHS took over data from CDC. Like, I get that this is all state-level reporting, but it's still fucking weird to me the correlation, and I'm skeptical. I'm glad things appear to be getting better, at least, but I hope it's because things actually are slowly improving.

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    TetraNitroCubaneFencingsaxOrcaMvrckMosatiNightslyrGiantGeek2020Emerlmaster999AbsoluteZerothatassemblyguyOneAngryPossumNobeardSpoitLord Palington
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    We're in that gradual decline starting from shortly after the mask mandate started. It's more gradual than I'd hoped, though.

    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    We're in that gradual decline starting from shortly after the mask mandate started. It's more gradual than I'd hoped, though.

    It is probably a combination of not everyone wearing masks and bars/restaurants inexplicably remaining open in many places.

    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Its actual simple. A third party can sue. It can be taken to court by folks not related to the Dems. The biggest issue is the Dems have passed it all already it is Trump and the Republicans holding it up.

    Its a hard one it seems politically but in reality it is that we stand up for law as well. And that you have to control the actual story. Which is hard because the press seems to not want to talk about anything the Dems have already passed.

    When trump and the entire right media apparatus blames Democrats anyway, and the centrist media uncritically repeats their lies to the point that the majority of the publics opinion for why the government is helping because Democrats stopped trump from helping, it won't matter who actually stopped king trump. It could be the literal Republicans currently in Congress that collectively sue, but it would be Democrats that get the blame.

    I really really hope I am wrong about this.

    Commander ZoomJragghenrahkeesh2000AbsoluteZeroSpoitGnome-InterruptusGreen
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited August 8
    Veevee wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Its actual simple. A third party can sue. It can be taken to court by folks not related to the Dems. The biggest issue is the Dems have passed it all already it is Trump and the Republicans holding it up.

    Its a hard one it seems politically but in reality it is that we stand up for law as well. And that you have to control the actual story. Which is hard because the press seems to not want to talk about anything the Dems have already passed.

    When trump and the entire right media apparatus blames Democrats anyway, and the centrist media uncritically repeats their lies to the point that the majority of the publics opinion for why the government is helping because Democrats stopped trump from helping, it won't matter who actually stopped king trump. It could be the literal Republicans currently in Congress that collectively sue, but it would be Democrats that get the blame.

    I really really hope I am wrong about this.

    If that's all it takes, then it wasn't this issue that "fooled" anyone. At that point it would be time to accept that no one is being fooled, but took any available reason they could grasp to hand over what "freedom" we had left to an authoritarian strong man, in a vain hope of something that resembles strength and security.

    These ideologies don't arise spontaneously, and if this is what happens it'll be functionally no different than what brought <insert fascist leaders here> to power in the past.

    Well, somewhat different, I suppose; we won't have the ability to argue ignorance this time around, as regardless of the bias of any given source, the immediate access to virtually the entirety of all information that humanity has accrued over history, removes the ability of anyone to plead ignorance. This time it'd be worse, it'd be intentional and willing.

    The coronavirus has shown Americas bare ass to ourselves. We got a glimpse of our own flabby, hairy, acne covered ass in the mirror and we can no longer blame the smell of shit on anyone else, because we saw that we hadn't wiped in ages and we know the stench is from our own rancid asshole. All we have to do is look at how desperately even "centrist" media is clinging to the idea that maybe other countries are fucking this up too. "Spikes" in other countries makes headlines because we want so desperately to believe that we're not alone in our idiocy, that maybe everyone else is just as big of fuck-ups as we are. Nevermind that their "spikes" are numbers we'd view as a god-damned miracle in any of our states, or that when many of these countries had spikes initially, they responded quickly and responsibly, to bring them down, and there isn't any immediate evidence they won't do the same, again. No, we'd rather be that alcoholic when faced with intervention, who chooses to try to point out other peoples flaws as if it diminishes the weight of their own demons, instead of getting on the right path. It's easier to look at things as a snapshot and assume we're all doomed, than accept our bare ass and take the responsibility and put in the work to make it better.

    We can be fairly sure the HHS numbers are bullshit because deaths are still increasing while cases are supposedly going down. Unless the virus is getting more deadly, that's not how any of this works; but they can't hide deaths as easily as they can positives. And we can be fairly certain it's just going to get worse as we roll into fall and then winter. Even if schools had stayed closed it would get worse, but I fear it's just going to get far worse because just like in the spring when they just had to reopen the "economy" and it went to hell, there's no good reason to suspect any different outcome here.

    I guess if there's any "hope" from whatever happens with this situation (specifically the stimulus or lack thereof), is that political time is so absurdly distorted in America right now that we're so relatively far away from the election itself, and this will feel like 14 years ago when the time comes to vote. The effects of what happens will still be being felt; but I suspect it won't be the top political issue on the front of peoples minds when they're filling out their ballots. In this regard, at least, the resistance from the Trump administration to mail in voting, will hurt them, because the more they push people to have to vote on election day, the more time they have for things to fall apart worse than they are now and have that be held against them. If they had just went along with mail in voting they actually probably could ride this to re-election (or at least a better chance at it), but they managed to fuck even that up. :rotate:

    The next several months, in America, are going to be fucking nuts, ya'll. No matter what happens with the election, I can guarantee that if humanity manages to not self destruct or the planet doesn't yeet us the fuck out, the great grandchildren of our children are going to be reading about us in history books and be thinking "what the actual fuck were wrong with these people?".

    The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

    OrcaMan in the MistsGreen
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Alright that's enough with the doomsaying.

    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    thatassemblyguy
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Deaths can go op (and have, almost everywhere) while cases and hospitalizations go down for the exact same reason they were still going down while cases and hospitalizations went up.

    Coronavirus victims don't just die right away. They get infected and become a potential case, then sometimes a week later they get hospitalized, and sometimes a week or so later they die. There are outliers to be sure, but that's the general behavior. Deaths increasing slowly now means infections were increasing slowly (or infections of older americans) 2-4 weeks ago.

    The numbers are hard to trust of course other than hospitalizations and reports of patients from hospitals etc, and while hospitals are certainly much more packed than they were I have not seen reports which would indicate things are actually just getting worse and worse over the last 2 weeks.

    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
    FencingsaxOrca
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    The data for my local area has shown ~100 new cases per day for the last two weeks. That's markedly worse than it was previously.

    That data is also incomplete, owing to the issues with CalREDIE making California county and state level data unreliable. Meaning that there have been almost certainly MORE than 100 new cases per day for the last two weeks.

    That sounds pretty fucking worse to me.

    VuIBhrs.png
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

    My second trip to the grocery store since they started requiring everyone to wear masks wasn't a 100% success. I saw a store employee away from the counter in the butcher section of Superstore with his mask around his neck. Aside from him though, everyone was in masks across three stores. So, that's a comfort.

    Be a superhero: wear a mask.
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Oh crap. I was reading about Sturgis, which is going to be a disaster, and I dread how many people are going to be infected and how much they're going to spread it around even further, then had an over-the-top oh crap realization. Sturgis isn't the only motorcycle rally that will be happening this summer. There's a Sturgis afterparty of sorts in Black River Falls, WI, advertising an indoor bar for all those people who somehow dodged all the bullets through the previous week but want to play disease roulette again. After that, there are going to be far too many others, like Mountains, Music, and Motorcycles in Mountain View, Arkansas and the Laconia Motorcycle Week in New Hampshire later this month. The timing would just be fine for people to go from one to the other and then the next, just chaining superspreaders who then scatter everywhere else even further, a rolling disaster on top of the endless disaster that is the US in general.

    I...am considering rebuilding my stockpiles.

    I'm hoping that either Sununu or the town of Laconia will cancel Motorcycle Week. NH is one of the few states that has handled the pandemic well, and hasn't seen a new surge since the end of May. The last thing we need are a bunch of assholes from out of state that have been exposed a countless number of ways coming here and fucking up our relative success. Especially since the northern 2/3s of the state (Laconia is in the middle of the state, between Lake Winnipesaukee and Winnisquam Lake) has had very few cases. Our COVID outbreak has been almost completely clustered around the I-93 and I-95 corridors in the southern 1/3 of the state.

    PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
    Mayabird
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Sturgis is proof we're building the wall in the wrong part of the country.

    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    NightslyrKlytus
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    So the Georgia student who posted the photo(s) of the crowded hallway and got suspended? First, her reaction is like "good." Second, it's freed her up to make appearances on the news so whoops I guess she still wins the argument.
    GA student suspended after posting image of crowded school doesn’t regret it: “This is some good and necessary trouble...”

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
    BullheadshrykeFencingsaxPellaeonZonugalEmerlmaster999MorganVAbsoluteZeroGiantGeek2020OrcaDonnictonBigJoeM38thDoeMarty81Mild ConfusionChiselphaneJaysonFourToxCommander ZoomAegisTicaldfjamStabbity StyleTNTrooperMvrckSkeithDoctor DetroitTomantakimeShadowfireDarkPrimusMoridin889Dee KaeGONG-00QuidMillCalicaElldrenNobeardMan in the MistsFuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudLucedesZomroMosatielectricitylikesmezagdrobDocjimb213AlexandierHappy Little MachinejoshofalltradesKoopahTroopahtynicKraintAegeriGreenThegreatcowmarajiEinzelLabelKruite
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/8/7/21357400/anti-mask-protest-rallies-donald-trump-covid-19

    Interviews with thick-skulled anti-maskers to figure out what makes them tick.
    As tempting as it is for many people to write off the anti-mask crowd, it’s not that simple.

    “Masks are actually probably a proxy for not believing in science, not believing in experts,” Amherst College’s Sanderson said. “The challenge, of course, is when there is a vaccine, these are the same group of people who are saying they’re not getting a vaccine.”

    AbsoluteZero
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    That seems obvious?

    I mean, anti-maskers overwhelmingly are low information MAGA types. The same people who think Plandemic is legit, that they should simply do the opposite of whatever Dr. Fauci recommends, harass essential workers, etc. They were never going to get the poke(s) because of their FREE-DUMBS.

    PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
    Rhesus PositiveMayabirdkimeMoridin889CalicaElldrenMan in the MistsSpoitGnome-InterruptustynicGreen
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Veevee wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Its actual simple. A third party can sue. It can be taken to court by folks not related to the Dems. The biggest issue is the Dems have passed it all already it is Trump and the Republicans holding it up.

    Its a hard one it seems politically but in reality it is that we stand up for law as well. And that you have to control the actual story. Which is hard because the press seems to not want to talk about anything the Dems have already passed.

    When trump and the entire right media apparatus blames Democrats anyway, and the centrist media uncritically repeats their lies to the point that the majority of the publics opinion for why the government is helping because Democrats stopped trump from helping, it won't matter who actually stopped king trump. It could be the literal Republicans currently in Congress that collectively sue, but it would be Democrats that get the blame.

    I really really hope I am wrong about this.

    Polls have consistently shown that people disproportionately blame Trump and the Republicans for this shit, and the WaPo, CNN, snd NYT are all full of articles talking about how Trump is lying out his ass about the pandemic and refusing to endorse masks.

    So thus far, yeah, you're wrong about this.

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
    FencingsaxMazzyxShadow DemonPreacherElldren
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited August 8
    The damage comes from the breathless media coverage of anti-maskers as some kind of protected, disenfranchised, downtrodden group of victims.

    I was talking with my (heavily CNN consuming) mother this morning, and she said she had been just reading a story about anti-maskers - and while she still believed heavily in masks - she nevertheless "Could see where they were coming from".

    Why the fuck would you make these assholes sympathetic? The media is once again trying to both sides the issue, where the other side is catching a disease and dying.

    Shame these idiots until they're pushed to the margins.

    TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    HenroidNightslyrJragghenFencingsaxSpecial KGiantGeek2020Emerlmaster999AbsoluteZeroMorganVOrcaBigJoeMMild ConfusionJaysonFourmrondeauToxShadowhopeCommander ZoomAegisTicaldfjamRhesus PositiveStabbity StyleTNTrooperMvrckkimeKetarShadowfireMoridin889Dee KaeMulysaSemproniusGONG-00QuidDoctorArchElldrenMan in the MistsSpoitGnome-Interruptuselectricitylikesmejimb213AlexandierHappy Little MachineBullheadKoopahTroopahKraintAegeriGreenFiatilmarajiLabelBandable
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    My second trip to the grocery store since they started requiring everyone to wear masks wasn't a 100% success. I saw a store employee away from the counter in the butcher section of Superstore with his mask around his neck. Aside from him though, everyone was in masks across three stores. So, that's a comfort.

    People have mostly been pretty good in my area's grocery stores about wearing masks, but I did see one lady walking around the aisles yesterday with her mask hanging down off a single ear. I stayed as far away as possible.

    ceres
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    The damage comes from the breathless media coverage of anti-maskers as some kind of protected, disenfranchised, downtrodden group of victims.

    I was talking with my (heavily CNN consuming) mother this morning, and she said she had been just reading a story about anti-maskers - and while she still believed heavily in masks - she nevertheless "Could see where they were coming from".

    Why the fuck would you make these assholes sympathetic? The media is once again trying to both sides the issue, where the other side is catching a disease and dying.

    Shame these idiots until they're pushed to the margins.

    With my medical conditions, anti-maskers could literally kill me. Fuck them all.

    PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
    TetraNitroCubaneAbsoluteZeroceresAegisTicaldfjamStabbity StyleMvrckSmrtnikT-boltShadowfireMoridin889Dee KaeElldrenMan in the MistsAlexandierBullheadKoopahTroopahAegeriThegreatcowLabel
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The damage comes from the breathless media coverage of anti-maskers as some kind of protected, disenfranchised, downtrodden group of victims.

    I was talking with my (heavily CNN consuming) mother this morning, and she said she had been just reading a story about anti-maskers - and while she still believed heavily in masks - she nevertheless "Could see where they were coming from".

    Why the fuck would you make these assholes sympathetic? The media is once again trying to both sides the issue, where the other side is catching a disease and dying.

    Shame these idiots until they're pushed to the margins.

    Could you point me to such an article? I haven't seen this "breathless" anti-mask coverage.

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
    Preacher
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    So the Georgia student who posted the photo(s) of the crowded hallway and got suspended? First, her reaction is like "good." Second, it's freed her up to make appearances on the news so whoops I guess she still wins the argument.
    GA student suspended after posting image of crowded school doesn’t regret it: “This is some good and necessary trouble...”

    she's no longer suspended which i would be disappointed about if i were her

    DiplominatorVishNubceresTicaldfjamRhesus PositiveTNTrooperDoctor DetroitkimeMoridin889ElldrenAlexandierBullheadAegerimarajiLabel
Sign In or Register to comment.