Options

Rocksteady's [Suicide Squad] and WB Montreal's [Gotham Knights]

1101113151636

Posts

  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    If anyone is concerned about spoilers, now's the time to remove your search history on this game from the internet as supplemental products surrounding the game have started going out that spoil story elements. I don't think the story is going to be Shakespearean, but if its at least not terrible, it's nice to have a narrative carrot to keep trotting after.
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I'm pretty skeptical of this from the previews. Might just sit and wait to see what the final game looks like, but none of it sounds promising to me or what I was hoping for.

    I can see that. My main concern is how "loose" the movement during combat looks and how engaging the patrolling is going to be night from night (I'm hoping there's enough variety in the gameplay mixed with the four classes).

    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct9Y1jvMNEE

    For the 3 of us getting the game here's the deluxe edition skins visible and in motion for your swiper swiping wants.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Ok, not a huge fan of the beyond suits other than Batgirl's but I really like the look of the Knightwatch suits.

    Yea, I'm ready for this game. I'll fall on my sword and be one of the three. :D

    Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Ok, not a huge fan of the beyond suits other than Batgirl's but I really like the look of the Knightwatch suits.

    Yea, I'm ready for this game. I'll fall on my sword and be one of the three. :D

    BROTHER!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Batgirl's Beyond suit is the only good one because it's the only one that actually has the ears; the boys are just skulls.

    sig.gif
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    All the preview stuff I've seen has made me more excited. Let's gooooo 1 more week!

    DemonStacey on
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Ok, not a huge fan of the beyond suits other than Batgirl's but I really like the look of the Knightwatch suits.

    Yea, I'm ready for this game. I'll fall on my sword and be one of the three. :D

    I've already pre-purchased the PS5 deluxe version since sometime last month. So, I guess I'm the third.

  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    For me, the game is going to live or die under two scenarios: either it has an excellent story and gameplay okay enough to carry it to the narrative end, or the story is whatever but the endgame grind is good enough for occasional returns to GK for some crimefighting action. If the game manages to stick the landing on any of these fairly wide platforms, I'm good to go.

    . . .having said that, none of the previews have me concerned about the later, despite folks not being sold on it (given the reasons they stated were largely tied to that other Batman series). On the flip side, none of the previews covered the full game and were on a heavily guided demo so.

    Also, I think the only way this game fails commercially is if its an AVENGERS level turd (which wasn't a turd at all, just got labeled one because of the - ahem - "ancillary" additions made to the gameplay) somehow. . .which, I can't see given that GK doesn't have any GaaS elements at all. I'm honestly hoping the combat is a BORDERLANDS type situation where your high-level characters (and encounters) are where the real combat sizzle are (which it also sounds like is the case).

    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Haven't seen this one posted yet -

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPuah1Mm5m0

    Gameplay Launch Trailer.

    And I'm definitely using the Batgirl Knightwatch transmog.

  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Knight Ops and Year One Nightwing are my favs

  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    That story trailer gives me hope for the story at least. Which was one of the things Origins did a lot better than the other Arkham games.

    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    They must REALLY be sold on their story, because in any other "Launch Trailer" or "Cinematic Trailer" you'd have everything but the kitchen sink spoiled, but I feel like, even after two narrative trailers, I know nothing about the game other than "Court of Owls."

    . . .that or the narrative is highly experimental and told mostly in the form of late 2010's 4chan memes.

    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    They must REALLY be sold on their story, because in any other "Launch Trailer" or "Cinematic Trailer" you'd have everything but the kitchen sink spoiled, but I feel like, even after two narrative trailers, I know nothing about the game other than "Court of Owls."

    . . .that or the narrative is highly experimental and told mostly in the form of late 2010's 4chan memes.

    SSsssshhhhh - this is the behaviour we want to encourage.

  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    The fact that we haven't had the story spoiled by the companies trailers is something I love. It'll be nice to go into the game not knowing everything.

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    The fact that we haven't had the story spoiled by the companies trailers is something I love. It'll be nice to go into the game not knowing everything.

    Well we know Alfred is the put down master from the cinematic trailer.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    To be fair though. Alfred has always been the putdown master. (For proof, see the animated series) :wink:

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Alfred's savagery in the trailer has me even more excited for the character interactions in the game.

    Edit: my phone believes that the only 2 letter word ending with n is 'on' and refuses to believe i may be trying to type anything else.

    DemonStacey on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    "What is the point of all those pushups if you can't even lift a bloody log?"

    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I will say I am more committed to being a red hood main from everything in the game indicating he's just a vicious bruiser of a character.

    *2 days later*

    "So Night Wings Nunchucks are my chucks he chucks my wood guys"

    *1 day later*

    "Robin more like robbin all my time to play any other character."

    *5 hours later*

    "I always knew it'd be bat girl like come on now."

    I know me.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Looks like Owl zombies or something?

    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Looks like Owl zombies or something?

    I believe they are the Court of Owls who are a batman villain? But I don't know shit about his rogue gallery.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    It was a crossover story a few years back. I read the series when it was in announced Gotham Knights was based on it. I didn't find it particularly compelling.
    Another secret origination trying to run Gotham/the world from the shadows, tries to recruit batman, but end up getting beaten by him.

    Deeper spoilers
    All the winter soldiers owl assassins got taken out by the BatFam rather uneventfully

    Older Wayne brother was like a crappy retread of Hush.

    Actually, now that I write it out it really does boil down to basically:

    League of Assassins + Hush + Winter Soldier

    bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    If you dont know anything about the Court of Owls Id greatly recommend you track down the court of owls storyline.

    Its very popular. I got mine from my local library.

    edit: Its also very good and bloodstonement needs to start doing some for his heresy.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ahh the neckbeards are up in arms that they went with Tim being bisexual.

    Oh no! 3 straight white characters instead of 4?!?! How dare those narcissistic lgbtq+ people take away one of our 4! 3 is clearly not enough representation for us straight white people! Nooooooo!

    I really liked their answer though! They said that he is bi but its not a like a big thing in the story or anything. Just something that may be referenced naturally. Sounds great!

  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    People have been shipping Tim with Connor Superboy for like... decades. That was one of the more sensible coming outs in DC canon, I feel comfortable calling those fake fans.

  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man imagine being such a miserable asshole to care about a fictional characters sexuality. Like holy shit in this world! Spoiler alert idiots bisexual people exist IN YOUR LIFE DUN DUN DUN!!!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Someone cared enough about a fictional character's sexuality to make him bisexual. I get your point, it's not put across well.

  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Preach definitely just meant "be upset by" when he said care there.

  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preach definitely just meant "be upset by" when he said care there.

    yeah it was an in artful way of saying it.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Green Man Gaming has a good deal for the Deluxe Edition of Gotham Knights. $67.
    Makes me want to put my 3060 RTX in the PC.

  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Green Man Gaming has a good deal for the Deluxe Edition of Gotham Knights. $67.
    Makes me want to put my 3060 RTX in the PC.

    I'll bite. . . what's it currently being used for? 🤔

    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Green Man Gaming has a good deal for the Deluxe Edition of Gotham Knights. $67.
    Makes me want to put my 3060 RTX in the PC.

    I'll bite. . . what's it currently being used for? 🤔

    Nothing. It is just sitting there. The minimum requirements on this game is making me wonder. My processor seems to be slower.

  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Isn't the Court of Owls a pretty recent Batman enemy? I may have part of that story. I remember them driving Batman nuts.

  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Isn't the Court of Owls a pretty recent Batman enemy? I may have part of that story. I remember them driving Batman nuts.

    The Court of Owls was introduced in Scott Snyder's Batman run(I think it was the New 52. Or maybe Rebirth). So, in the last decade or so, but sort of recent. DC used them in the animated Batman vs Robin movie.

  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Isn't the Court of Owls a pretty recent Batman enemy? I may have part of that story. I remember them driving Batman nuts.

    The Court of Owls was introduced in Scott Snyder's Batman run(I think it was the New 52. Or maybe Rebirth). So, in the last decade or so, but sort of recent. DC used them in the animated Batman vs Robin movie.

    Yeah. I think it was the first New 52 story. I collected some of those first issues.

  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The Court of Owls Saga is like $5 on Kindle. Pretty good deal.

  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Do they still got Lazarus pits in Batman?
    I love how Batman always has a formula. You always have him meeting Gordon at the bat signal. Then, he dissapears.

    Krathoon on
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Do they still got Lazarus pits in Batman?

    Yes. Lazarus pits are still a thing. And the upcoming event for January is Lazarus Planet, so I'm guessing they'll feature in that too.

Sign In or Register to comment.