As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rocksteady's [Suicide Squad] and WB Montreal's [Gotham Knights]

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Roll credits! Fun game.

My power level was a little low for the section immediately before the final level, so I decided to finally go and do the Batman caches - got a max level item AND mod out of nearly single one and then I basically face-rolled the last boss, it was practically impossible for me to die.

Strongly recommend saving those caches until right before the end-game.

Damn. I figured that was the case a little too late. I was just doing them as popped and when I got that last batch was like "wait... what if these are limited but give you gear based on current level..?"

Whoops!

Although I will say I do kinda hate that design especially when attached to something like the audio files that you might actually be interested in.

DemonStacey on
    Preacher
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Roll credits! Fun game.

My power level was a little low for the section immediately before the final level, so I decided to finally go and do the Batman caches - got a max level item AND mod out of nearly single one and then I basically face-rolled the last boss, it was practically impossible for me to die.

Strongly recommend saving those caches until right before the end-game.

Damn. I figured that was the case a little too late. I was just doing them as popped and when I got that last batch was like "wait... what if these are limited but give you gear based on current level..?"

Whoops!

Although I will say I do kinda hate that design especially when attached to something like the audio files that you might actually be interested in.

yeah my desire to clear the map screwed me on those mods. Oh well its not like my gear is holding me back at all.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    DemonStacey
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Digital Foundry PC performance review and it really isn't surprising (especially to me as it is exactly what I was experiencing on a 6800XT/5600X with really wild performance in the open world). Overall, this is a game that needed more time in the oven and that executives, once again, have screwed over developers (this also probably explains why they canned the last generation versions of the game):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04r0zxenBUQ

That said, I'll get this again when its been discounted and hope this is succesfull as we need more superhero games that make you feel like you're a superhero and what I played of GK really nailed the feel (at least in combat); like I've been playing Spiderman on PC, and god damn did they nail the feeling of movement with Peter that I wish was in GK as well (no idea what traversal isn't on from the start) to go along with the combat. Fingers crossed they get a chance to do this again with a GK2.

ya i don't get this. I've got a 3070 and a i5-8600. with everything maxed @ 1440p i'm getting like ~45fps with dlss on quality mode. and with gsync on it's perfectly smooth. I could reduce shit and get over 60 easily but with gsync hell if i can find any issue. I really have no performance problems at all, the game seemingly runs great and it's very fun, i certainly don't have shader loading stutters like in this video.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Shader stutters only happen on first run. Once they compile, you're all set.

Finished it tonight, ending is a mixed bag. You see what's coming a mile away but the world's greatest detective's proteges somehow don't. Missing an ability somehow? Anyways, went into new game plus to give it a whirl - fast travel goes away, feels bad man.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    sure but I didn't notice any of that on my first run and it's weird to me the entire video only harps on that. like what about an analysis of the game once that has been done and then his normal recommended settings, etc. it's a very weird video compared to what they normally put out for PC.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The video is mostly about establishing that it's the CPU that's the bottleneck (and that the CPU still isn't used to it's full potential), which is different from most games.
    That said, I'm wondering how much of the CPU load is reserved for co-op stuff. I think the devs said something about how that was the major limitation, and I'm pretty sure all of DGs testing has been on single player. Does the CPU have to keep track of everything the co-op player is doing as well? Environments, enemy spawns, vehicles, etc?
    I only know enough about programming to know I don't know nearly enough about it to know what kind of difference that would make.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It just sounds like it needed more time in the oven, a game in 2022 coming out and losing in the specs department to things like CP2077 is a bad look

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Ran into a bug where the Mini-Boss counter on Red Hood's Knighthood challenge won't increment up. Closed the game, hopefully relaunching it later fixes it.

Relaunching fixed it. Got everyone else's Knighthood too. Combined with unlocking all the fast travel points everything should go more smoothly now.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Preacher
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Alex's "recommended settings" were shadows and draw distance because literally nothing else matters with any half decent GPU. Maybe shut off RT on an older card. The GPU requirements are largely last-gen.

Seems like today they gave everyone a free new suit? I know in styles I had an all new style I hadn't seen before.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Preacher wrote: »
    Seems like today they gave everyone a free new suit? I know in styles I had an all new style I hadn't seen before.

Oh? What's it called?

Ohh it looks like it's the one from collectors edition and some people got the batcycle from the comic randomly added too..

Likely an error but hopefully one they don't take back!

DemonStacey on
    Preacher
    edited October 2022

Oh? What's it called?

Ohh it looks like it's the one from collectors edition and some people got the batcycle from the comic randomly added too..

Must be a different one because I had the collectors edition, but like it was called promethean something?

I also noticed I had a third bike style, but that could have been unlocked from me doing all the bike races like a fucking boss.

Edit: Promethium new guard, and its still there after the patch.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net

Oh? What's it called?

Must be a different one because I had the collectors edition, but like it was called promethean something?

I also noticed I had a third bike style, but that could have been unlocked from me doing all the bike races like a fucking boss.

Edit: Promethium new guard, and its still there after the patch.

Yea thats the one from like the mega collector box not the deluxe. And there's no other batcycle skins in the game normally so thats probably the one from the comic too. I hope I have that because I actually liked the look of that one haha.

I wonder if I was supposed to have it because I bought the super stupid edition and I didn't.

And I currently have 3 different options for my hog as far as changing its look beyond color.

I do have a "complaint" I wish gear like rarity was based on level and not story progress. I hit max level way before getting through the story beats but like epic or legendary armor was locked off by story progress and I don't think thats the way they should do it were it me with as much side content as they have that basically over levels you but under gears you on rarity.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I was amused though that one of the later emails for night wing spoilers for a funny thing.

Had Clark as the villain with giving him all the owl puns that had Barbara block his email.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Booo. I didn't get any of the accidental DLC. Was really hoping for that comic motorcycle haha.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    The video is mostly about establishing that it's the CPU that's the bottleneck (and that the CPU still isn't used to it's full potential), which is different from most games.
    That said, I'm wondering how much of the CPU load is reserved for co-op stuff. I think the devs said something about how that was the major limitation, and I'm pretty sure all of DGs testing has been on single player. Does the CPU have to keep track of everything the co-op player is doing as well? Environments, enemy spawns, vehicles, etc?
    I only know enough about programming to know I don't know nearly enough about it to know what kind of difference that would make.

For sure, and more largely, at least from Alex's perspective, to pushback on the narrative that was going around online (read: NeoGaf/Reddit) that the "current gen" is doomed to 30FPS console games. I'm guessing Alex had a hunch and went with it and we get this (pretty blistering if you ask me) tech review.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    We need a Superman game like the one on the original XBOX.

edited October 2022
    Popping wheelies as Batgirl has a certain charm to it.

I was confused the first time pulling into the Bellfry. I forgot the door was behind the portrait.

Krathoon on
    FencingsaxPreacher
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    A few more random thoughts...

1) I'm really enjoying the story. I like the mystery element to it.
    2) The character interactions and extra conversation scenes are all very well written.
    3) Combat definitely improves as you get more abilities and talent points.
    4) Likewise, keeping up with the gear curve definitely goes a long way towards keeping it from feeling like a slog.
    5) Combat is definitely not anywhere close to as bad as reviewers made it out to be.
    6) I like the inclusion of elemental effects. Feels like it adds a fun extra layer to the game.
    7) Boss fights are no joke. Some of them are quite challenging.

Bonus Tip: Definitely don't fight Mr. Freeze with a Cryo weapon equipped. I did that and it wasn't happy times for me.

PreacherFencingsaxDemonStacey
    Apparently, there is a flying car bug. I have not ran into it, but these folks did.
    https://youtu.be/SH3-tsplcaU

So they're playing the PC version in that Girlfriend Reviews vid. I'm playing the PS5 version and I haven't seen any of that crazy flying-car stuff. Or the perpetually ragdolling corpses. Haven't seen that either.

But I did have another instance of falling through the world on my BatCycle last night. 2nd time that's happened. This time, it was during one of those chase missions, which on their own are pretty tedious and annoying. And I was within 25yd of catching the van, when for no reason at all I just drove through the world and fell into the geometry of the level and then the game respawned me, which failed the mission. I was annoyed.

Anyway, even with that anecdote, I don't think the game is bad. Definitely not as bad as they made it out to be. Or any other professional review for that matter.

Honestly, the more I play it, the more it feels like Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Which isn't a bad thing. I enjoy ACV too. It's a good product for what it is. Does it have the magnificent parkour of AC Unity, or the combat of Syndicate? No. But for being a Somewhat-Historical-Viking-Simulator, it does a pretty good job. And Gotham is the same way. It's not trying to be an Arkham game. Yes, at this point we've all seen the graphics comparisons to Arkham Knight, and yes, that game looks better and runs smoother. But ignoring graphics, the gameplay of the two are trying to be two different things. Gotham is fun as more of an open-world brawler. And Arkham is fun for the free flow combat. Both are fun. But they are different fun.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Well, AK ran smoother when it wasn't completely fucking broken, probably

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    AK was an absolute shitshow performance wise when it was released.
    its only after years of patches that people have flipped from hating it to rating it.

I am enjoying my time with GK. the performance issues are real but for me they are largely ignorable.
    I do crash to desktop every so often, and framerates bounce between 40 and 60 constantly.

I am digging the combat now I have all the abilities unlocked and there are more interesting enemy types to deal with.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    Fencingsax
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Console AK ran properly to begin with, PC was fobbed off on some port house, perhaps not one with enough time to get it done. Gotham Knights doesn't seem to have been developed properly for any SKU.

Yeah as I recall AK's launch was so scuffed that they yanked it from Steam for nearly 6 months or so while they got their shit sorted out.

Console was fine.

PreacherFencingsax
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yeah as I recall AK's launch was so scuffed that they yanked it from Steam for nearly 6 months or so while they got their shit sorted out.

Console was fine.

Well it ran fine, AK itself was a mess of a game, fuck the batmobile!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Aegerirahkeesh2000
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I think this is how it was for me with Origins.

For some reason I managed to escape many of the bugs that were plaguing other people and I think it was cause of that that I looked a lot more positively on the game at release.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    I think this is how it was for me with Origins.

For some reason I managed to escape many of the bugs that were plaguing other people and I think it was cause of that that I looked a lot more positively on the game at release.

I didn't really have any bugs with origins. With GK on the series x I've had a couple crashes. I've had a couple rando street crimes that don't complete, but outside of that game has been fine for like 50+ hours I've played it?

I was sad they took back the stolen bonus's I got, darn it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I haven't looked at a mission list, but I feel like I'm drawing near to the end of the game.

I'm not rushing the story. I've been doing plenty of street crimes and premeditated crimes, and other random challenges too. But it feels like the story is reaching its crescendo.

PreacherDemonStaceyPenumbra
    I haven't looked at a mission list, but I feel like I'm drawing near to the end of the game.

I'm not rushing the story. I've been doing plenty of street crimes and premeditated crimes, and other random challenges too. But it feels like the story is reaching its crescendo.

Yeah I think I'm just about at the end. Though I'm now gearing up my other chars and man its hard not to play OP babs vs other heroes. Like she walks through security, gets heals for taking out mobs, has reach and flexibility just the total package.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Anyone know a good way to farm Nth Metal? I crafted a legendary suit and a legendary melee weapon last night, and I've got a crafting pattern for a legendary ranged weapon, but I lack the Nth Metal to complete it.

Also, all 3 patterns are level 25, which means I'm gonna need a shload more Nth Metal at 30 to craft max level gear.

Looking forward to getting back to this tonight. Gotta make sure I wrap it up before Ragnarok but I really want to get some killer gear first.

Haven't gotten to play vidya in a few days! It feels wrong.

Anyone know a good way to farm Nth Metal? I crafted a legendary suit and a legendary melee weapon last night, and I've got a crafting pattern for a legendary ranged weapon, but I lack the Nth Metal to complete it.

Also, all 3 patterns are level 25, which means I'm gonna need a shload more Nth Metal at 30 to craft max level gear.

I have no idea, just solving crimes. I think the named guys can drop it and I swear when I finished a task for penguin he gave some.

Also game finished, loved the ending, just an all around joyous experience. Ended it with Red Hood felt fitting.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    DemonStaceyLucascraft
    I will say there was one gameplay annoyance playing Red Hood at "end game" that I didn't have with Batgirl and no not being able to be seen by cameras. Spoiler for gameplay and an enemy type.

It sucks that Hood can't grab league members, it halves his ability to deal with them as basically his melee is setting up pro wrestling grabs and when you can't do it, it really fucking blows.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    DemonStacey

30 is not max level.
    if you NG+ after beating the story you can raise your level to 40. (which is also how you grab a bunch of those missing ability points)

steam_sig.png
    Preacher
    I will say there was one gameplay annoyance playing Red Hood at "end game" that I didn't have with Batgirl and no not being able to be seen by cameras. Spoiler for gameplay and an enemy type.

It sucks that Hood can't grab league members, it halves his ability to deal with them as basically his melee is setting up pro wrestling grabs and when you can't do it, it really fucking blows.

Robin has this same problem, but with stealth. He's the stealth-takedown specialist, but he can't get stealth-takedowns on this enemy types. Super annoying that the "end game" enemies basically invalidate entire talent trees.

Preacher
    edited November 2022
    Bonus thought:

I've been playing as Robin a lot more lately. He really feels like a "late bloomer" in terms of power. I wasn't too keen on him at the start of the game, but somewhere around the mid-teens for level he really felt like he started to click, and by mid-20s I think he has probably overtaken Nightwing as my favorite playstyle.

Lucascraft on
    @Lucascraft at higher levels penguin rewards Nth Metal, also completing Very Hard premeditated crimes has a chance for it to drop.

steam_sig.png
    Viking wrote: »

30 is not max level.
    if you NG+ after beating the story you can raise your level to 40. (which is also how you grab a bunch of those missing ability points)

Oh shit really? Well fuck me running guess I need to do some NG+

pleasepaypreacher.net