As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Difference Between [Chat]s and Dogs

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Some states are finicky about game fish as pets.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »

There's that too, though at least here in Washington, it's more about collecting them, rather than owning them. But definitely read up on your local regulations! And never, ever, ever release any pet fish back into the wild or flush it down the toilet (even if it died). Put it in a plastic bag and freeze it to painlessly euthanize your fish, then dispose of it in the garbage.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Game Fish was also a Virtual Boy peripheral that Nintendo would really rather we forget about

edited August 2020
    So I started playing For Honor because it’s free and has pretty princess dress-up

The combat is wonky af

Whoever dreamed up using the right stick + buttons for combat needs 15 minutes in the corner

Atomika on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    lol 4 player Avengers is a chaotic mess, this is raaaaad

I very nearly ordered the game so I could play the beta this weekend, but the reviews have been very middling. Lots of repeated complaints about the characters’ skills not being well-suited to the environments.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I will say I like the cosmetics alot loving that Kamala has outfits where its just its different superhero tshirt lol

although I dont get the fascination with Joe Fixit

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Adam Neely makes me jealous and makes me want to learn music theory because every video I watch he talks about things that are sort of understandable but have an undercurrent of being even deeper than he lets on and it must be a fucking trip. But then I don't because that's a lot of work.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »

There's that too, though at least here in Washington, it's more about collecting them, rather than owning them. But definitely read up on your local regulations! And never, ever, ever release any pet fish back into the wild or flush it down the toilet (even if it died). Put it in a plastic bag and freeze it to painlessly euthanize your fish, then dispose of it in the garbage.

if you killed it, why throw it out

eat it, or feed to a cat or whatever

with self-dead* fish, feed it to your least favourite children

*I know sjøldau isn't a term in english but it should be

ftOqU21.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

I very nearly ordered the game so I could play the beta this weekend, but the reviews have been very middling. Lots of repeated complaints about the characters’ skills not being well-suited to the environments.
    Watching Late Shift fight against a giant robot and whoever plays Iron Man gets to fly around and zap specific parts and whoever plays Black Widow gets to uhhh shoot guns at circles.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    intervallic contour

edited August 2020
    keep running into this wanker named "username - twitch.tv/username" in Iron Banner and it is extra satisfying whenever I get to kill him

also, supers are shit and I don't know why they included them in the multiplayer shooter part. I've killed three people in a row multiple times now, all I did was point at each one of them and click, they could do fuck all to stop me. I've unloaded entire magazines straight into the faces of enemies with their super active, and it did fuck all.

It's just bad. Why?

also does anybody know how the hit detection works, it feels a bit off sometimes. I've gotten very used to planetside 2's specific variant of client-side hit detection.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That was a very informative video but I can’t watch YouTubes past about the 15 minute mark

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    keep running into this wanker named "username - twitch.tv/username" in Iron Banner and it is extra satisfying whenever I get to kill him

also, supers are shit and I don't know why they included them in the multiplayer shooter part. I've killed three people in a row multiple times now, all I did was point at each one of them and click, they could do fuck all to stop me. I've unloaded entire magazines straight into the faces of enemies with their super active, and it did fuck all.

It's just bad. Why?

also does anybody know how the hit detection works, it feels a bit off sometimes. I've gotten very used to planetside 2's specific variant of client-side hit detection.
    In the competitive modes (Survival, Trials) supers become an interesting resource, where you might try to push with one to win a round, or hold on to it to respond to their super, etc.

In 6v6 it's lol whatever, 6v6 is a madhouse.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    As for hit detection, D2's online is some weird spaghetti thing (uniquely complicated) so it can be inconsistent.

In music or music theory, a thirteenth is the interval between the sixth and first scale degrees when the sixth is transposed up an octave, creating a compound sixth, or thirteenth.

YEAH WOOOOO

Sarksus wrote: »
    intervallic contour

More like interphallic contour

Surfpossum wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

It's just bad. Why?

In the competitive modes (Survival, Trials) supers become an interesting resource, where you might try to push with one to win a round, or hold on to it to respond to their super, etc.

In 6v6 it's lol whatever, 6v6 is a madhouse.

they don't have to be simple "I win" buttons for them to be important

ftOqU21.png
    edited August 2020
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    As for hit detection, D2's online is some weird spaghetti thing (uniquely complicated) so it can be inconsistent.

planetside 2's is very consistent (but more noticeable)

and pretty simple, even though a lot of people are idiots and will scream about wallhacks

hit detection is client-side - for the one that's shooting. So like yeah, you'll duck into cover just in time, yet you get got, but that's not as annoying as not hitting your target because it isn't, well, where you see it is.

it's also like, stupid amounts of players at once and not just maximum 12, so it has some unique design challenges

but destiny 2 yeah it felt inconsistent, so it was hard to figure out what was up with it. But then again with such low numbers of players it hardly has much of an effect.

There's also been a lot of the classic halo style simultaneous deaths

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    which makes me nostalgic for those years in halo 3 mp where the best physics bug was there, which was that player corpses fucking launched like rockets when getting killed by melee

the mutual-melee-kill was always hilarious because both bodies just went phloompf into opposing walls

ftOqU21.png
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    knitdan wrote: »
    “Hey can you play sax?”

“No”

“Can you make the same exact noise come out of a sax like 40 or 50 times?”

“Yeah I guess”

“You’re hired!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwzjlmBLfrQ

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    adam neely is great

also i enjoy ben levin for a more surreal take on music theory

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I see the Sheep Titan from my house, and can confirm it is in fact, massive.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Sheep Titan is my favorite new term

Which made me think they should make a Black & White 3.

PSN: Honkalot
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Pathfinder 2 has a rules system for exploring dangerous places which is pretty cool.
    The basis of it is this:
    Every party member picks one tasks they are focusing on during an exploration phase.
    So you could choose to be Stealthing, and start the next encountered stealthed
    Or you could be Searching or Detecting Magic, and have a higher modifier to spot things.

But you don't do a tiresome protocol of "I take 10 on these 3 skills every step, and take 20 on perception on every door and new room we step into" that super gnarly systems like PF 1 evolve into.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Sheep Titan is my favorite new term

Which made me think they should make a Black & White 3.
    Soundtracked by Static X

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Making Black and White 3 sounds dangerously close to freeing Peter Molyneaux from the phantom zone

He just needs a couple more years to finetune Godus

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tell me one occasion where P Moly didn’t deliver on his word.

PSN: Honkalot
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    hey dingalingdings... i'm up reasonably early this morning...

can working out 4/5 days in a week for the first time in years have such dramatic effects as fixing sleep patterns?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hey dingalingdings... i'm up reasonably early this morning...

can working out 4/5 days in a week for the first time in years have such dramatic effects as fixing sleep patterns?

yep

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You're supposed to move your body, it's really fucked up

Coinage wrote: »

I demand a refund

I think my weather app is broken, it says it's 29 degrees.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It could also be the weather that is broken

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    It is still pretty funny I guess that my parents and I both had the worst timing in housing decisions

I, signing a new lease in February, them selling their big house in February to move into a small condo

Just lol
    I coulda moved all my stuff with ample space to my parents basement
    Had a big bedroom
    A separate room for an office
    Yadda yadda
    (And had many 5 figures in cash)

Also work finally said WFH is officially sanctioned till June 30, 2021 even tho they may open some offices earlier
    !!!
    That’s another 11 months!!

poo
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

I forgot that for a few months and hm it’s been painful

poo
This discussion has been closed.