As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to the Exclusive PA [Wrestling] Thread

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

These guys are one of the big deathmatch companies, right?

Yes, but BJW actually promotes two distinct divisions called Deathmatch and Strong. The Strong division matches are what they sound like - lots of sick kicks, grappling, and hoss fights.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    For the first time in 2020, NJPW heads to Sendai Sun Plaza on September 9 for night five of the New Japan Road tour. The third of three junior tag league evenings will see the finalists set for Friday in Korakuen Hall, and there’s much more besides to come on an unmissable event, including the announcement of the G1 Climax 30 lineup!

After the third match of the evening, the full lineup and A and B block breakouts will be announced. Who will be the wrestlers striving to Be the One in wrestling’s greatest tournament?

Wato's going to sweep his block and win in the finals, calling it now.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This fucking Okada shirt has amazing mixtape cover vibes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhQRwmLWAAIf3Tc?format=jpg&name=medium2clnozttlp95.jpeg

• Options
    Jay White has started calling himself King Switch and god I hope he knows what switch can mean

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Quite impressive to not mention corona when selling something as a corona deterrent while corona is still a major issue nationally

• Options
    Quite impressive to not mention corona when selling something as a corona deterrent while corona is still a major issue nationally

I'm just happy a wrestling company is selling stuff to improve fan hygeine.

The first wrestling company to sell deodorant will be my hero.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

I'm just happy a wrestling company is selling stuff to improve fan hygeine.

The first wrestling company to sell deodorant will be my hero.

The first company to actively require it for their fans at events, more likely- you can sell this stuff to fans, but what's to say they won't just chuck it in the memorabilia collection and just look at it all day?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Can't wait for the Fozzy / Plague Inc co-promotion DLC.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/nYEstrnYwa8

I love the ending

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I love how Rey's all "well I got my son a job, let's see if I can get my daughter one too".

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    WWE's new arena still creeps me out.

It's 100% the right answer to the current situation but it's surreal and creepy as hell to me.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
  • Options
    So I'm kinda interested in watching the G1 this year, do I just go to njpwworld and sign up or is there more to it state-side? I don't have cable and would be looking to stream online.

Also can I watch matches when I'm able to or do I gotta watch them live?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    You should just need NJPWworld. Matches air live with Japanese commentary but afterwards you can watch the video whatever and they do upload a version with English commentary after it airs.

• Options
    Also keep in mind that it's one of those services that bills you on the first of each month no matter when you start your sub. So if you want to catch up on some stuff before the tournament starts, sign up sooner than later. You'll be charged for the full month of September either way.

• Options
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Feel like part of Hall of Pain Mark Henry's deal was "you literally can't RKO me because I'm too big"

• Options
    I've seen him RKO a rocket on the Internet so I'm really impressed.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    It's the "uh... umm... come on, fall down... uh oh" look on Orton's face that makes that moment truly good.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    helps when you're a tank

• Options
    In case you were wondering how far HHH emboldening the worst people in the locker room has gone, accused pedophile Velveteen Dream's now openly mocking the #FireVelveteenDream hashtag moments after he gets backstage from appearing on their TV

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, putting Dream in a feud with KUSHIDA makes me think that a few months ago somebody was looking at their monkey's paw going "huh...it didn't do anything."

edit: OH FOR FUCK SAKE, they also booked Austin Theory.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Ooooh Ibushi vs Shingo that sounds fun

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to:

Interesting rematches: Ibushi vs. Okada, Ospreay, Taichi, Switchblade; Okada vs. Suzuki, Switchblade, Taichi; Tanahashi vs. Naito, ZSJ; Goto vs. KENTA; Naito vs. KENTA, EVIL; SANADA vs. ZSJ

Exciting new (to me, at least) matches: Cobb vs. Okada, Ibushi, Ospreay, Suzuki; Ibushi vs. Takagi, Suzuki; Okada vs. Takagi; Juice vs. KENTA

Interesting intra-faction matchups: Suzuki vs. Taichi; Ospreay vs. Okada, Ishii; Naito vs. SANADA; KENTA vs. EVIL

Especially goofy Yano matchups: Juice, YOSHI-HASHI, KENTA

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    KENTA looks like circa-1996 Taka Michinoku in that picture.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Has anyone ever lost all their G1 matches before? I think Yujiro might be able to pull it off this year.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Has anyone ever lost all their G1 matches before? I think Yujiro might be able to pull it off this year.

Honma has

• Options
    Every year the G1 announcements make me wonder why western promotions that have 98,324 hours a year to fill and rosters so deep you would have a lot of first time matchups don't do more round robin tournaments.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ProWrestlingTees has begun pulling wrestlers' stores from the site in accordance with WWE's third party ban. Stores for Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Mustafa Ali and Zelina Vega are gone currently

• Options
    Every year the G1 announcements make me wonder why western promotions that have 98,324 hours a year to fill and rosters so deep you would have a lot of first time matchups don't do more round robin tournaments.

Its blown my mind that WWE never did since the very first time I seen a G1

like wtf its easy airspace

• Options
    It's easy airspace, creates new feuds, advances existing storylines, helps new viewers acclimate to all the characters and map out how they relate to other characters and even gives you a few matches you would never see in any other context.

I think the reason most promotions don't do them though is that they think math is hard and the viewer would have trouble following along despite the fact that you can just show them the bracket standings at the start and end of every match like you would with a single elimination tournament.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Why would we want lots of interesting matches when we could have an hour of HHH/Stephanie talking, learn who is cheating on who, and experience Underground non-wrestling?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    It's easy airspace, creates new feuds, advances existing storylines, helps new viewers acclimate to all the characters and map out how they relate to other characters and even gives you a few matches you would never see in any other context.

I think the reason most promotions don't do them though is that they think math is hard and the viewer would have trouble following along despite the fact that you can just show them the bracket standings at the start and end of every match like you would with a single elimination tournament.

You also know the bracket exactly since your booking it

To be fair tho WWE was dumb enough to not Tig tough enough lmao

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I just don't get RAW Underground, because apparently it's so underground that the majority of it is not filmed and it's so unruly that there's literally no structure. I mean I guess Shane yelling "YEAH BABY! WHOOO!" almost sort of counts as a bell to mark the beginning and end of matches. Somebody could fight four people in a row but then if some sixth guy slid into the ring behind them and kicked them in the balls that person wins.

It's like if you challenged somebody who has never watched wrestling to write a show based entirely on half of a description of the first episode of Lucha Underground.

Mwx884o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.