As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to the Exclusive PA [Wrestling] Thread

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'm anticipating a bunch of 3 second reactions from a variety of people during this thing where they go, "Well yeah Vince is huge! He's larger than life!"

And then staring at the camera, thinking that excuses all the bad shit the interviewer just asked about.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

In more exciting news AJ Gray has a rough first round match in the NGI. If I have the day off I'm going to marathon that and Full Gear.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    WWE is finally shutting down everyone's twitch/youtube channels
    Mia Yim:
    Screenshot_2020-10-30-09-38-27-99.jpg
    Cesaro: AJ:
    myya70u7f3w51.jpg
    Brennan Williams (Who was a youtuber/streamer before he was a wrestler):
    image0.png
    Paige has been going off on this for hours, she's still streaming right now, been talking about it all night. Some choice quotes: (from Fightful and WrestlingNews)
    "There may be a time where I have to stop streaming. I'll have to walk away. If I have to leave, we have to make today and Saturday fucking crazy. I've honestly gotten to the point where I cannot deal with this company anymore. Now I have to make a very important decision. I'm fucking tired, man. I broke my fucking neck twice, twice for this company. Over fucking worked. I broke my fucking neck twice for this company. They don't realize that this community isn't about subs. We build a community and family where this is an escape for a lot of people, including myself. I can't wrestle anymore. I was worked so hard in WWE that I can't wrestle anymore because my neck is fucked. My whole dreams got taken away. I had to have something that fulfilled that huge fucking void that I lost with wrestling. I couldn't wrestle anymore, something I lived and breathed since I was a fetus, and it got ripped away from me. I had to find something that I could fill a little bit of that and Twitch was a wonderful thing for me. It's such a wonderful place for me"
    "I understand if they're like, 'you're wrestling every day and doing shows every day,' but I'm an injured wrestler. I get used for media stuff, sometimes, but at the end of the day, I'm in my house going fucking crazy and I need something to keep me sane. Twitch was my escape. Right now, I'm just sitting on my fucking ass. People think I should be thankful that I still have a fucking job, and I am, but it doesn't mean I should be treated like fucking shit. I had my neck taken away from me twice. You can't take away my Twitch too. I'm gonna keep streaming, we'll see how that goes," she said. "I haven't been used on TV in a year. This is our fun and where we can be ourselves. That's why we're here and on Twitch. We also have a wonderful community. What's the pocket change we're getting compared to the billions these people are getting? We're not hurting anybody or doing anything harmful, we're just having a good time. People are on YouTube, have merchandise, wrestling schools, and Twitch gets taken down?"
    Then she said, “you know what, I’m gonna start looking more into unionization. I’ve been learning about it by a unionization lawyer. This is bigger than Twitch, it’s about taking f***ing control over your own life and not being controlled by anyone. I gave 10 years man. I poured my f***ing heart and soul into this. I had a bad couple of years like every motherf***er has. I’m not the only one who is f***ing controversial around here. I’m not the only one. It’s f***ing louder when it comes to me because I’m a f***ing female. I hate using that face because I’m a woman but it’s because I’m a woman and women don’t usually stand up for themselves.”

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Some one send Paige a iww pin stat

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The fact that the roster rolled over is bullshit

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Catching up on Dynamite and if Leyla Hirsch wants to be the Tomohiro Ishii by way of Taz of the AEW women's division I would be cool with that.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Catching up on Dynamite and if Leyla Hirsch wants to be the Tomohiro Ishii by way of Taz of the AEW women's division I would be cool with that.

YES

Im mad I didn't think of this, she would be great for Team Taz!

• Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=140911 WWE changed Matt Riddle’s name to Riddle

"Well you see the plantiff's name doesn't match anyone on our roster so..."

Meltzer says it’s straight up so the lawsuit comes up less in google searches

• Options
    mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    mjn6172 wrote: »
    I've always loved the "spin the wheel to choose the match" gimmick, and after looking hard at that wheel I really want to see some of those matches in NXT. Coal Miner's Glove on a pole match? Put it in as the finale for the next Dusty Rhodes classic. Casket match? I don't care who does it, but I need more casket matches in my life. Boiler room brawl? Ciampa and Gargano, let them go to war again.

The haunted house match may not have been great, but it was silly and I liked it. I can totally buy Dexter Lumis as a Jason Voorhees/Michael Myers style unstoppable killing machine. Throwing a zombie at Cameron Grimes was just icing on the cake.

Bring back the Tuxedo Coal Miner's Glove on a Pole Steel Cage Loser Leaves Town match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C_GiA7Mwq0&feature=emb_title

Just go ahead and inject that nonsense STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS!

Seriously, a fun match. I don't really like tuxedo matches (they remind me too much of the Bra and Panties matches of the 90s/00s), but even a silly gimmick like that worked here.

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    I've always loved the "spin the wheel to choose the match" gimmick, and after looking hard at that wheel I really want to see some of those matches in NXT. Coal Miner's Glove on a pole match? Put it in as the finale for the next Dusty Rhodes classic. Casket match? I don't care who does it, but I need more casket matches in my life. Boiler room brawl? Ciampa and Gargano, let them go to war again.

The haunted house match may not have been great, but it was silly and I liked it. I can totally buy Dexter Lumis as a Jason Voorhees/Michael Myers style unstoppable killing machine. Throwing a zombie at Cameron Grimes was just icing on the cake.

Bring back the Tuxedo Coal Miner's Glove on a Pole Steel Cage Loser Leaves Town match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C_GiA7Mwq0&feature=emb_title

Just go ahead and inject that nonsense STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS!

Seriously, a fun match. I don't really like tuxedo matches (they remind me too much of the Bra and Panties matches of the 90s/00s), but even a silly gimmick like that worked here.

The brilliance of the match is that all of the stipulations make sense in the context of their feud. Dibiase was a weaselly heel, so the cage was to keep him from running away from Duggan, or his cronies from interfering. Dibiase was famous for his loaded black glove, hence the coal miner's glove. Duggan had beaten Dibiase in a "Best Dressed" contest, after which Dibiase beat down Duggan, so the tuxedos. And after all of this the promotion was clearly not big enough for the both of them, so loser leaves town.

A truly amazing piece of booking and a hell of a match, too.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Mia Yim:
    myya70u7f3w51.jpg
    image0.png
    Paige has been going off on this for hours, she's still streaming right now, been talking about it all night. Some choice quotes: (from Fightful and WrestlingNews)
    "There may be a time where I have to stop streaming. I'll have to walk away. If I have to leave, we have to make today and Saturday fucking crazy. I've honestly gotten to the point where I cannot deal with this company anymore. Now I have to make a very important decision. I'm fucking tired, man. I broke my fucking neck twice, twice for this company. Over fucking worked. I broke my fucking neck twice for this company. They don't realize that this community isn't about subs. We build a community and family where this is an escape for a lot of people, including myself. I can't wrestle anymore. I was worked so hard in WWE that I can't wrestle anymore because my neck is fucked. My whole dreams got taken away. I had to have something that fulfilled that huge fucking void that I lost with wrestling. I couldn't wrestle anymore, something I lived and breathed since I was a fetus, and it got ripped away from me. I had to find something that I could fill a little bit of that and Twitch was a wonderful thing for me. It's such a wonderful place for me"
    "I understand if they're like, 'you're wrestling every day and doing shows every day,' but I'm an injured wrestler. I get used for media stuff, sometimes, but at the end of the day, I'm in my house going fucking crazy and I need something to keep me sane. Twitch was my escape. Right now, I'm just sitting on my fucking ass. People think I should be thankful that I still have a fucking job, and I am, but it doesn't mean I should be treated like fucking shit. I had my neck taken away from me twice. You can't take away my Twitch too. I'm gonna keep streaming, we'll see how that goes," she said. "I haven't been used on TV in a year. This is our fun and where we can be ourselves. That's why we're here and on Twitch. We also have a wonderful community. What's the pocket change we're getting compared to the billions these people are getting? We're not hurting anybody or doing anything harmful, we're just having a good time. People are on YouTube, have merchandise, wrestling schools, and Twitch gets taken down?"
    Then she said, “you know what, I’m gonna start looking more into unionization. I’ve been learning about it by a unionization lawyer. This is bigger than Twitch, it’s about taking f***ing control over your own life and not being controlled by anyone. I gave 10 years man. I poured my f***ing heart and soul into this. I had a bad couple of years like every motherf***er has. I’m not the only one who is f***ing controversial around here. I’m not the only one. It’s f***ing louder when it comes to me because I’m a f***ing female. I hate using that face because I’m a woman but it’s because I’m a woman and women don’t usually stand up for themselves.”

I don't understand how the labor laws are SO BAD that all these "independent contractors" can't just tell the WWE to go fuck themselves w/r/t whatever else they do outside of WWE shows? Like, companies don't own their EMPLOYEES free time, independent contractors are even less constrained by the sheer fact they are subcontractors, the company has literally zero say legally over ANYTHING they do when not on company property whilst they're being paid by the company to work.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Mia Yim:
    myya70u7f3w51.jpg
    image0.png

I don't understand how the labor laws are SO BAD that all these "independent contractors" can't just tell the WWE to go fuck themselves w/r/t whatever else they do outside of WWE shows? Like, companies don't own their EMPLOYEES free time, independent contractors are even less constrained by the sheer fact they are subcontractors, the company has literally zero say legally over ANYTHING they do when not on company property whilst they're being paid by the company to work.

They probably can tell WWE to go fuck themselves and win any lawsuit, but the biggest factor is that WWE isn't just a job to most of the wrestlers, but their dream so they don't want to fight them.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    You might keep your Twitch channel, but hope you enjoy losing every match for the rest of your time in WWE. Going through tables every week, probably being constantly embarrassed, figuratively and sometimes literally eating shit and kissing Vince's ass.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Going through tables every week

I'm waiting for Lana to just voluntarily jump on to the table at this point.

• Options
    "We're going to let our most dangerous, sloppy workers do one of the roughest spots on you every week with no pay off in sight." Has to be one of the most blatant examples in recent times.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    You might keep your Twitch channel, but hope you enjoy losing every match for the rest of your time in WWE. Going through tables every week, probably being constantly embarrassed, figuratively and sometimes literally eating shit and kissing Vince's ass.

Hell if they actually let you be on TV long enough to be put through a table, count your lucky stars.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "We're going to let our most dangerous, sloppy workers do one of the roughest spots on you every week with no pay off in sight." Has to be one of the most blatant examples in recent times.

?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

I don't think we know enough about the situation to say they just rolled over

• Options
    edited October 2020
    facetious wrote: »

?

There's been a recurring bit for the past 3 or 4 weeks where Nia Jax puts Lana through a table

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    dvakgfpfpqll.png

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    facetious wrote: »

?

Last week

This week was week 6 of it

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Still better than having fart sound effects played over all your bits, like Natty suffered through years ago.

• Options
    Still better than having fart sound effects played over all your bits, like Natty suffered through years ago.

I don't think it is, no.

Nia Jax has habitually injured wrestlers and ended their careers. This is not hyperbole. I think she's done it at least once a year thus far, as recently as a couple months ago.

She's being used to punish Lana not only through risky spots and humiliation but by being in the ring with one of the most unsafe workers alive today.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

I don't think we know enough about the situation to say they just rolled over

Also WWE gets away with this because of the cost that’s gonna take to fight them. Like cool even if you win the lawsuit, it’s after years of fighting and court cases and money, where you aren’t working during that time. I completely understand why someone wouldn’t do that.

The villains here are WWE, not the wrestlers.

• Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    Like the tables thing with Lana is pretty bad because she was hardly known as a hardcore style performer. It’s also predatory because it seems like Lana wants to be taken seriously as a wrestler so she probably doesn’t say a word because she thinks this is just paying dues or some bullshit.

If I was Paige after everything she’s given WWE I would just keep streaming. I don’t know if this is true but it’s rumored she’s making a about 60k a month on Twitch so that is probably more than she’s making from WWE. Only bad part would be losing any royalties and merch she has with them. Seeing her almost in tears in some clips was rough but I think she is close to telling them to get fucked.

• Options
    Paige should absolutely tell them to get fucked and if she doesn't, anyone who gives her shit about it can get fucked.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    This is probably a dumb question but what are the risks for anyone who opts to stick with their Twitch channel over being a contractor for WWE? Are they gonna end up Rey Mysterio’d where their contract won’t expire until they do X number of shows, keeping them from working anywhere else?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    at the very least they would probably be kept off shows until their contract ended and for many they love wrestling too much to just step back for a year +

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    This is probably a dumb question but what are the risks for anyone who opts to stick with their Twitch channel over being a contractor for WWE? Are they gonna end up Rey Mysterio’d where their contract won’t expire until they do X number of shows, keeping them from working anywhere else?

Probably, but also WWE changed contract language so that any revenue they make on Twitch would count against their downside, which means streaming wouldn’t make them extra money anymore.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    They'd have to actually go take Twitch to court to divert that money to WWE over the actual streamer, though. It's another battle WWE won't actually fight, just like every other time Del Rio or anyone else called their bluff.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    WWE is already on thin ice with the status of their "independent contractors" since both Mysterio and Punk took them to court but do they get off the ice? Hell no! They hop up and down like a madman having a conniption fit.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    They have friends in high places and the only real danger is if Andrew Yang keeps putting a wider political focus on them

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    jonny439 wrote: »
    Like the tables thing with Lana is pretty bad because she was hardly known as a hardcore style performer. It’s also predatory because it seems like Lana wants to be taken seriously as a wrestler so she probably doesn’t say a word because she thinks this is just paying dues or some bullshit.

If I was Paige after everything she’s given WWE I would just keep streaming. I don’t know if this is true but it’s rumored she’s making a about 60k a month on Twitch so that is probably more than she’s making from WWE. Only bad part would be losing any royalties and merch she has with them. Seeing her almost in tears in some clips was rough but I think she is close to telling them to get fucked.

$60k/month from Twitch?

Yeah, there's absolutely NO WAY the WWE is paying her $720k/annum...

• Options
    AFAIK Paige is in the top 10 or 20 most subscribed channels on all of twitch

• Options
    Matt Tremont vs RSP was awesome last night, if you're into guys breaking hundreds of lighttubes on each other.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.