As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D&D 5E: The Temple of Yonth

145791022

Posts

  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Billy, Goat, HP 26/26

    Food!

    More food?

    Geth roll 1d20-1 for intelligence

    intelligence:
    1d20-1 2 [1d20=3]

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Roy

    In the nick of time you lift your shield, and the undead’s blade gets caught in it. It rips its weapon back and your shield falls away in two halves.

    You blink beyond the undead, who stands dumbfounded as you launch the skipping stone through the back of its skull.

    You earn 20 experience!

  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Thraxxagar

    When I move through the broken glass into the dark room, is it too dark to see? If so I will remove the hood on my magic special dim light lantern

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Billy

    You stick your hairy face where it don’t below, and burn your snout on the inside of an oven you flick on accidentally.

    You take 1 fire damage, and have reduced your Charisma bonus by 1. Your face blisters.

    Geth roll 1d4 for Damage
    Geth roll 1d20 for Burn Injury

    Damage:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]
    Burn Injury:
    1d20 19 [1d20=19]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Thraxxagar

    —Ahem. Minor edit here while I checked if you had Darkvision @Bucketman

    You can see the vague outline of tables and chairs, no more.

    The lantern is a fine idea regardless. It’ll give you a clearer picture.

    Endless_Serpents on
    Bucketman
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Billy, Goat, HP 25/26

    The ambience is questionable, the service non-existent, but it's really the meal preparation that lets the eatery down.

    0/5 stars would not eat again.

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    Endless_SerpentsSleepmrpaku
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Billy

    To the north the closed door has a red claw-like symbol moving left to right. Do you attempt to open it?

    Do you interact with the dormant golem?

  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Billy, Goat, HP 25/26
    Billy

    To the north the closed door has a red claw-like symbol moving left to right. Do you attempt to open it?

    Do you interact with the dormant golem?

    No, my face is sore and burning, and I remember a shallow puddle back the way I came. Going to head back south with the intention of dousing my face.

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Ashala, Lizardman Monk, HP 10/10
    Ashalla bounds towards the copse of trees by Wylan, Slapping them on the shoulder as she passes.
    "Things might become interesting soon friend!"
    She extends her clawed fingers and climbs one of the taller trees with practiced hands

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Tactical Positioning (survival or athletics)

    She wants to spot these eggs for breakfast

    Tactical Positioning (survival or athletics):
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]

    VayBJ4e.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Ashalla thinks she has found her first martial challenge with a potentially tasty bug swarm.
    Her lizard heart swells with anticipation.
    jpzdcc7pqmwm.png

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Roy

    That one at least had blades to take I take them and a femur club if it's not too much of a hassle and then head off to see what it was guarding.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Billy

    You lock eyes with the beast from the water as you cool your nose.

    It’s about to charge, you feel it in your bones.

    A quick glance the other way; some person. Maybe they have food? But that’s for later.

    xbocdjmikop2.jpeg

    Roll for initiative! You’re going to want to beat 15.

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Powerpotumus Initiative



    Ashala

    You deftly ascend the tree. The thick tree line hampers your vision, but you do spot some tasty treats.

    4ot1wlq6kul8.jpeg


    Just hatched, flaying and gasping, two horse sized creatures are finding their feet. Something deep in your heart says these are mistakes, that this place should only bore natural (sort of) animals, but something has gone wrong.

    N
    fh9ul2rbccwz.jpeg


    M
    9td9aswniqq9.jpeg

    In seconds they’ll be ready for their first meal.



    Roy


    You gain an ordinary scimitar and club. Nice.

    Powerpotumus Initiative:
    1d20+2 15 [1d20=13]

    Endless_Serpents on
    Virgil_Leads_YouBucketman
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    looks like we have a map repeat

    VayBJ4e.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    q4mymy2ueedr.gif

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Lialeth raises his shield as the ghost screams, then shrugs after a moment of silence. "What a bizarre place," he says, grabbing the metal from the plinth. "Don't think I'll be going into Limbo any time soon, but perhaps this will come in handy." He places the metal in his pack, then moves toward the door ahead of him.

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Roy

    Nice I check to make sure I've got my rock and that this old corpse doesn't have anything valuable on it and I go where it came from, north in the darkened corridor.

  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Ashala, Lizardman Monk, HP 10/10

    Communication:
    Ashalla chirps to Wylan, and points with her spear at the two horse sized beasts position.

    Action:
    Her ring finger holding her spear summons a little nightmare, a dark spirit of evil intent.

    VayBJ4e.png
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Lialeth

    The door opens slowly. It’s a large dim room.

    There is no working lamp above you, but at the far end of the room there is a soft light, a small point shaking heavily and being moved about to and fro.

    There is a figure with a mangled, bleeding hand clutched close to their chest holding a lantern.

    Shadows are cast all around. You believe this to be a dining room.

    zsr7np8twawb.jpeg



    Roy

    No more worth having, its armour is in ruins.

    Remaining in the shadows, you see no movement ahead.

    zohdlqywzn9s.jpeg


    There is a small urn on the floor with a piece of string pointing up out of it. Strange.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Ashala

    Like ink dropped into water, the nightmare smoothly forms from nothing. Jet black, with eyes like burning coal. Its tiny.

    What would you have it do?

  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Ashala, Lizardman Monk, HP 10/10

    Strike with my spear,

    Ashala waits for either of the beasts to attack the stompy metal man below,
    her arms flexed for throwing should one enter range.

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Billy, Goat, HP 25/26

    *gulp*

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for initiative

    initiative:
    1d20+2 5 [1d20=3]

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    To be continued...

    I’ve been really active as I’ve been saying up all night with work at sea the past few days, with not much to actually do. I’m now about to get on a train, so I won’t have much signal.

    I hope I’ve been running your various adventures fairly and with the same interest so far. If I get a bit lost it’s nothing personal. Catch you all soon!

    BucketmanVirgil_Leads_YouAustinP0027mrpaku
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Personally @Endless_Serpents I've been having loads of fun!

    FishmanSleepVirgil_Leads_YouAustinP0027Denadamrpaku
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Roy

    Sticking to these shadows fir a moment I'm heading back west and north. To check out the path the undead came from [ooc, I'm heading to the exclamation points back there].

  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Incidentally, what size are these reimagined Squirtles from Pokemon Grim/Dark?

    Want to make sure I'm treating them with the appropriate amount of rational terror in my bits.

    Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Roy

    You see a fine wooden treasure chest with three splintered holes in the top. Finally, something you know. It has a ordinary looking lock on it; it’s no doubt locked and will need picking if you want the goods cleanly. How do you approach it?



    Billy

    It’s not quite as big as an adult hippo. It’s at the top end of being a medium sized creature, much in the same way a goliath is.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Wylan, Aasimar Paladin, HP 24/24

    Wylan stands ready, looking around, when Ashala comes and climbs a tree. Looking up at the Lizard creature, Wylan sees it point excitedly in the direction of the nearby trees. Seeing nothing from him vantage point, Wylan instead moves around the trees, holding his glaive out in preparation for the appearance of some creature or being.

    Actions
    Assuming the squares are 5ft, so if so, moving to the place below for my move speed.
    9ctjrem4mxdd.png



  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just wanted to add @Endless_Serpents, that I’ve been both excited and terrified every time I see you’ve posted here, so you’ve been doing an incredible job!

    Denada
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Roy

    I put my weapons in their sheaths and holsters and I pull the roll with my thieves tools out of my backpack and set to my work, quietly humming. I check the box to make sure there's no excess triggers or traps around it or the locking mechanism. The holes in the top make this a bit easier as i can use a small mirror from my kit to get a look around inside the container after checking the hinges and seems.

    Geth roll 1d20 for investigation
    Geth roll 1d20 for investigation cause I'm using my thieves tools

    After I search for your standard trap mechanisms I give it a good solid kick, the holes in the top look like the holes in aerin's box back in our little hideaway in the city.

    investigation:
    1d20 15 [1d20=15]
    investigation cause I'm using my thieves tools:
    1d20 8 [1d20=8]

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Wylan

    You stomp around the trees and so attract the attention of a large chimerical beast! (M)

    You can read no expression from it, nor gauge its next action. It has the

    During this delicate period the beasts can only move 5 feet per turn. There will be a sudden shift in speed very soon.

    Far away and out of sight, you hear a call like that of a turkey. Trees rustle with movement.

    ivv8kumwnljx.jpeg




    Roy

    There’s no trick to the chest, but it’s been placed over a spike trap. With a careful look with your mirrors you see it is chock full of gold coins. Kicking it, you find it to be heavy.

    Were you to pull it away from this space, you’ll be sure not to trigger the trap.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Roy

    I put my tools away, with my picks in my pocket. I properly lower my center of gravity with a wide stance to haul this box off its precarious perch.

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for athletics.

    athletics:
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]

    Sleep on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Roy

    You manage it well enough, falling on your ass as it suddenly shifts after much pulling.

    You’re free to open it. Inside is 300 gold pieces, give or take!

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    With shield and axe at the ready, Lialeth calls out to the injured figure. "You there! Can you understand me? Are you another ghost?"

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular


    Lialeth pulls out an axe and readies their shield in a dark room on a stranger with an irreparable injury, then babbles about ghosts.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Wylan, Aasimar Paladin, HP 24/24

    Opposite of the creatures they saw earlier, Wylan doesn’t have any belief that this thing can be reasoned with. So, he charges it with his glaive, running forward to chop down on it with the bladed weapon.

    Actions
    Moving forward to attack this thing.

    Geth, roll 1d10+2 for Glaive Dmg

    Glaive Dmg:
    1d10+2 12 [1d10=10]

    Endless_SerpentsVirgil_Leads_You
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Roy

    I certainly take all of it, that's for sure. I let aerin out of the pocket I usually keep her in to inspect this auspicious haul giving her a bit of a ration to keep her in the box while I bundle up the coin and get it in my pack.

    "Look at all this shiney aerin, plenty of food when we get home after this"

    Sleep on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Wylan

    Having initiated combat so readily, I will grant you an initiative score of 20!

    —In the future I’ll not forget to ask you to roll for it.
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Initiative (M)

    Geth roll 1d100 for Max Damage Injury

    Your glaive cuts like bitter winter wind through its neck, it won’t last much longer! It will die in 3 rounds no matter what happens.



    Ashala

    You hear, see and smell battle! Roll for initiative!



    Roy

    Nothing bad happens. They’re the real deal.

    Where to now?

    Initiative (M):
    1d20+3 8 [1d20=5]
    Max Damage Injury:
    1d100 66 [1d100=66]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Satra

    The beast lets out a terrible roar! It stomps on its feet and breathes out a gout of water so pressurised it hits the ceiling.

    It charges you, then backs off at the last second!

    In the corner of the room the terrible dripping thing shouts at you, “Away! Away!”

    The ooze raises a shaky arm, and a bubble of green liquid forms, floating and turn on air. They throw it at you!

    You take 3 acid damage!

    It hits you directly in your right eye. You’re now blind in your right eye. You have disadvantage to Sleight of Hand skill checks.

    Geth roll 1d6 for Acidity
    Geth roll 1d20 for Acid Injury

    (OOC: I think I'm gonna use up my shield on this one, if that's alright? Satra would've super shakily gotten it out just as she realized what a world of "oh shit" she was in, and had *just* enough time to get lucky and accidently catch the acid spray before dropping the quickly corroding shield and running like hell, darting back through the door and down that corridor towards Billy as far as she can get)

    "G'AHHHHHHHHHH NO-NO-NO-*NO*"

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    [OOC: Sure. That’s what it’s for. It happens just as you describe.]

    zrknfb8btykp.jpeg


    You run a full 30 feet. There’s trouble. You come to a skidding stop. There’s some furry ruffian, and across from it, an identical monster!

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Roy

    I let aerin finish her snack and I put her back in her pocket then head right (south) to check out that last little branch there.

Sign In or Register to comment.