As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All the [Love]ly people

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I love art. Seeing it, hearing it, making my own. Rub art all over me.

I mean. What’s the current topic? Eggs. Yeah, err, I’ve never had egg whites in coffee. Where do the yokes go?

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

I mean. What’s the current topic? Eggs. Yeah, err, I’ve never had egg whites in coffee. Where do the yokes go?

If I have any say in it, in the trash where they belong

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Orca wrote: »

If I have any say in it, in the trash where they belong

You use the yolks to make a lovely creme pat
    edit: alternatively a hollondaise

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The yolks are, the better part of the egg.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I haven't been on a proper date in...years? thanks to stupid self-image issues and general lack of motivation. but boy being single is getting old, so I think it's time to dip my toes back in. As a bit of a tubby boy living in Japan (not known for its acceptance of overweight folks) during covid I'm not expecting much, but at this point I'd rather at least try and fail than just sit around making excuses for not trying!

I should probably take some pictures of myself that are less than five years old first though I guess

I have not been on a date for well over 10 years
    It's not self image issues or a general lack of motivation. I have had conversations, the woman I talked with I met on ebay was sadly the best relationship I had in a very long time and we never met in person. I feel I just cannot talk to people anymore. As I try but it's not there most of the time I just fail to think of things to talk about
    When I had my various online dating accounts I did cycle out the old photos for new ones but I sadly got asked the lack of 3rd party ones or the usual comments of I was looking for unicorns [I had NO idea what this was at the time} Or I was cheating or such. This was one of the main reasons I did put I am not looking for casual sex this is awkward enough
    During this pandemic I did fire back up my accounts to see if anyone was up for talking alas no most were looking for something

I will freely admit that I really was better pre pandemic happier and such even with the doom I had in 2019 and that summer of unfun. I got to be myself which sadly is a rare thing

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    My worry that I'm selfish by nature isn't really to do with my desire not to have kids, but more I suppose my lack of desire to compromise things in my lifestyle for a romantic partner

Uh, lemme know if you want to talk about solo polyamory :+1:

thank you, I may do so indeed

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    Not appreciated.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a dick.

You're ok. Likely tomorrow I'll get yelped at in Canadian.

....what

This probably sounds really stupid but that was a relationship in-joke based on ducks and geese that I let slip out into the open.

• Options
    I keep wanting to throw in an edit trying to explain the in-joke, but it's like half a year of history leading up to me making duck noises being hilarious. Also I was being a grump last night, sorry.

My order of moving boxes shipped today, so hurray for that!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I think just saying it's an in-joke is probably sufficient

• Options
    I think the time to address this topic passed a while back.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    sorry i have no concept of time or space

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Recent photo of Houk

gc1ei0kv6st1.jpg

• Options
    ah yes I'll never forget that night, or won't forget it when it happens later, or whatever

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Time is a flat circle, probably.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    i do not have my dating profile set nowhere near this young for clarity, but this 18 year old saw on hinge commented on my profile (because i said i enjoyed baths and riding my bike to birdwatch and eat gelato and drink seltzer) with a raised eyebrow emoji and "okay grandpa.."
    was i being NEGGED by a TEENAGER???!!!!

also last week i went on a date, but i found out she lives directly across the street from me which is probably too close
    (also she got a cat last month, and again, i cannot date someone with a cat which is apparently a large percentage of women in NYC who i am attracted to... like i guess i like cat people?? but i cannot)a

and at the end of the date we were walking and she was like there are a lot of rats around here gotta be careful and as i was like ya i know, a rat ran straight towards me and collided with my foot GROSS

(if you ever visit, don't wear open toes in nyc it's not an open toed city yall)

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    sorry i have no concept of time or space

is that why you be vibratin

• Options
    honestly as long as you communicate and set clear boundaries, her living that close to you really doesn't have to be an issue. the cat thing sounds like maybe it's a little more difficult, unfortunately

in my stupid dating news, I set up a bumble yesterday and have gotten a few pleasant messages already, which is pretty validating

however, I kinda forgot about the part where you have to generate and carry on a conversation with a complete stranger, which is proving about as difficult as I remember. sooo yeah

oh and I locked myself out of my okcupid profile and Tinder refuses to accept my photo ID for validation purposes. the dating world has it out for me!!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I think the time to address this topic passed a while back.

It is an internet forum and Houk lives in Japan, you don't really get to decide when a person reads or replies to your comments

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    honestly as long as you communicate and set clear boundaries, her living that close to you really doesn't have to be an issue. the cat thing sounds like maybe it's a little more difficult, unfortunately

Yeah, the cat thing really does it, it’s unfortunate

I come across so many dating profiles of people who I would like to date, but then I see they have a cat. Many women in NYC have cats! 🥲

But my allergy is bad enough that that’s not gonna work. I can visit a friend with a cat for a few hours if they clean really well and air purifier and etc, but anything more than that ain’t gonna happen

(Living across the street is more like oh if things go negative or awkward and youre just running into people hungover buying pedialyte in our same grocery store etc etc but not actually a big deal)

poo
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    The yolks are, the better part of the egg.

Oh don't get me wrong I fuckin love me some yolky yolks. I can get sloppy on some eggs.

Egg whites are just convenient, low calorie and pretty protein dense. I microwave about a cup of egg whites, mix in some salsa, a little cheese, and some pre-made shredded chicken for like, a solid 45 to 50 grams of the ole protizzle in one bowl.

Hell, the stuff is pasteurized so you can pretty much just drink it. It probably would've been fine in the coffee.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Protizzle sounds like a podunk town in the backwoods somewhere on the eastern seaboard.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Well, turns out my software bugs re: self-image are not WORKING AS INTENDED as I'd hoped, but are currently UNRESOLVED and my dating status has been updated to ON HOLD pending further code review

So yeah, it's definitely time to put my brain in turnaround and come up with a compelling plan of action, gonna circle back and touch base with the stakeholders to make sure we can bring me to market in a timely and successful manner

Synergy!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Ouch :(

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    It's fine, at least it made me realize that the desire is still there, and it's kinda just on me to turn that desire into meaningful action to get myself in a place where I'm not throwing up barriers to my own happiness

It was a short experiment, but hopefully it'll lead to good results in the long run!

• Options
    We went and took over keys and inspected our new place today. It's nice! So much room! Top floor! Multiple bathrooms! Excessive closet space!

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    We went and took over keys and inspected our new place today. It's nice! So much room! Top floor! Multiple bathrooms! Excessive closet space!

multiple bathrooms? Damn I'm jealous.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I’m jealous of the closet space and the top floor!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Is there an elevator or stairs?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Is there an elevator or stairs?

Just stairs.

• Options
    Also a real wood burning fireplace, we can access our water heater, and a balcony.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Orca wrote: »
    I’m jealous of the closet space and the top floor!

The closets have shelves. Even the walk in closet.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    We both can't move in right away, we've still got some lease time on our current places, and lots of packing to do. But on my suggestion we both took one piece of art with us today, to hang in the new home.

We both brought a painting of our favorite animals! My owl is just inside the entrance, and her turtles watch over the living area.

Weaver on
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »

multiple bathrooms? Damn I'm jealous.

I've got to buy a second bidet.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Edit: complaint about tape

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Welp. Date is tonight.

Kinda hoping I get gibbed by a runaway semi trailer or something so I have a valid excuse to dip.

Edit: a lot of my apprehension here I think is because we've been texting for a couple of weeks and I suddenly realised that's a bad idea. I don't like creating any real, I dunno, familiarity before I've had a chance to actually meet the person and see how things go and what they're like face to face. I should've made a better effort to get this out of the way earlier on.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    go on that date! you will be delightful!

• Options
    I absolutely do not want to be delightful. It takes a lot out of me. I can only maintain that state for a short period of time before blood starts squirting out from under my eyelid.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    wear sunglasses so they can't see the eye blood

UNLESS there is a predator nearby, in which case squirt the predator in the eyes with it and your date will be impressed that you saved them

• Options
    We talking predator like a meerkat or predator like a Predator?

Because either scenario I'm shoving my date to the ground and hoping it goes for them while I escape.

• Options
    Predator like Praying Mantis