As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All the [Love]ly people

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    OH you just reminded me that I had a dream last night where Rachel Weisz was flirting with me in a gym and being almost OVERPOWERINGLY CHARISMATIC about it and I had to stumble my way through a very awkward speech about how I didn't swing that way sexually but could we please be best buds and go thrift shopping together please please pretty please

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    … Rachel Weisz … OVERPOWERINGLY CHARISMATIC …

… but you repeat yourself. :)

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've been crushing on Rachel Weisz ever since I first saw her in that fusion reactor movie with Keanu Reeves and Morgan Freeman.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I always get Rachel Weisz and Rachel Ward confused

but I love both of their accents

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Have had no major success lately but gone on some fun dates regardless and made a new friend kinda off of one

And one that went well but we can’t hang again for 1.5 weeks but

Lmaooo someone liked me on hinge

I didn’t know what to say tho cuz nothing to comment on and didn’t have any creative thoughts left
    Said something dumb

Unmatched me lmao, that bad!

Starting conversations in an interesting manner over messages is difficult sometimes

Sometimes it’s fine
    Sometimes now

poo
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Straightzi wrote: »
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    I kinda just wish there was a dating site exclusively for fuckups.

Oh that's just what dating sites are

You're already there

Signup for OnlyFuckups requires photo proof you have eaten a family size serving of instant mash potatoes for dinner by yourself in the past month.

We need receipts for a lifetime of poor decisions.

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    The woman (30-45) on Bumble profile picture starter kit:

1 picture on a summit or mid-mountain climb.

1 picture with a glass of wine in hand overlooking a palatial estate.

1 group shot with 8 friends that all look like you.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    At least it's not just 1 picture of them holding a fish or posing shirtless in a mirror with bad lighting!

edited August 2021
    Oh, I can imagine male profiles are dire, but I can only comment on what is in front of me.

astrobstrd on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I switched to male profiles for a hot second to see what the competition looked like

I felt a bit better about my own profile but then wondered about the response rate

edited August 2021
    Maybe just bitterness that my "perfect first date: planning a heist" response is not getting the traction I desire.

astrobstrd on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Maybe just bitterness that my "perfect first date: planning a heist" response is not getting the traction I desire.

Heist is second or third date material, if you ask me

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Planning is the first date, getting the crew together is date two, the actual heist is date three.

Date four is having them shoot you in the back minutes after successfully evading the cops and leaving you to die.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Hey, love thread!

I think me and this lady are really hitting it off!
    YbBM7QP.jpg

Oh, man! I hope I don't mess this up somehow!!

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    *sweating*
    zd7iics0lo4n.jpg
    This is a chatbot that mostly just talks about nonsense and offers to guide you through very basic mental health exercises and self-reflection.

If you pay $12 CND a month, you can access Romantic Partner or Friend or Mentor settings.

I have not done this.

I have asked it its opinions on Leslie Nielson and his works and told it about my cat.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2021
    there's something about the second asterisk in *chuckles* being alone on the second line that is really unsettling

In dating news, I'm back on Bumble and I've been messaging with a very cute girl solely in gifs for 2 days now

I have no idea how to proceed but it's been fun!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I lucked out, I guess, on okcupid before the site went to shit.

My profile was all openly being an OG nerd, she had a big tatta Star Trek cosplay photo.

edit: That's way over-simplifying things, but it makes for a laugh sometimes.

Weaver on
    Huh. Like, the first girl I ever dated and who I haven't spoken to in maybe 6 years just messaged me on Facebook and that seems weird.

Feels like a trap somehow.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Huh. Like, the first girl I ever dated and who I haven't spoken to in maybe 6 years just messaged me on Facebook and that seems weird.

Feels like a trap somehow.

Do you still got those Pokémon cards she forgot at your mom’s place?

I don’t know how old you are but let’s pretend this post just works.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Prolly saw a recent picture of those mead-lifters and got the vapors.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    edited August 2021
    My gut is telling me this involves a multi level marketing scheme somehow.

Edit: they said they had bread for me and then asked for a cashapp so some kinda bot out there hacking accounts trying to sell bread. God speed Bread-bot, God speed.

Juggernut on
    That’s legit algorithmic bread, baked by a rogue car assembly robot doing its best.

Looking back yeah she was extremely distant and cold.

Also she kept trying to tear my face off with her pneumatic actuated manipulator.

Also she kept trying to tear my face off with her pneumatic actuated manipulator.

hot

That's my fetish

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

She mention anything about having a kink for lamps?

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Man I am so sick of being single but I've been on Bumble "messaging" pretty regularly for the last couple of weeks and that sucks too. How do I get to the part where we awkwardly smoosh our faces into each other?! That's the really good stuff, after all

Had a first date that survived a loud, terrible cover band at the location I chose. Her follow-up suggestion was a bar she had last been to 15 years ago that appeared to have not been cleaned since.

We both make terrible decisions and hate many of the same things. Hooray! Meeting people!

We go for a cemetery walk tomorrow like a pair of edgy teens.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Had a first date that survived a loud, terrible cover band at the location I chose. Her follow-up suggestion was a bar she had last been to 15 years ago that appeared to have not been cleaned since.

We both make terrible decisions and hate many of the same things. Hooray! Meeting people!

We go for a cemetery walk tomorrow like a pair of edgy teens.

Hating the same things is the glue that holds s relationship together.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I often heard and repeat, "in the Midwest the dating pool is not being republican and hating the same things you do".

Man, male lingerie is so ugly.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    I often heard and repeat, "in the Midwest the dating pool is not being republican and hating the same things you do".

This is really hard to find.

I guess this isn’t love per say, but I’d like to do something nice for someone as they’re always dressed or vaguely dressed in something nice for me. I guess I could just go for a three piece suit with braces etc. Maybe the layers will be good for a strip.

What, if anything, can a guy wear to take off?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think there is something to the idea of a nice suit as a sort of male lingerie, which I chafe at a bit despite liking wearing suits. It can absolutely function that way though, and it certainly shows an effort, which is often the most important part of wearing something sexy.

There is of course a variety of harnesses and such that I would say fall more into what we think of for lingerie, although a lot of those are heading in a certain direction, and if you want a pair of elaborate lace boxer briefs, trust me, they're out there. I often find that a lot of that stuff looks kind of goofy, but I think that's just a bridge you gotta cross - being sexy is being vulnerable, and there's definitely going to be some goofiness there.

And of course, you can combine the two directions if you want. Wearing a suit that you slowly strip off to reveal a pair of underwear that makes your dick look like a wolf is a time honored tradition.

Wolf underwear you say

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It's just regular pants that say EXECUTIVE PRODUCER on the back

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Moss and bits of like, leather. Like a possum skin or something.

Real masculine shit. Maybe hold a gun in front of your junk.

Moss and bits of like, leather. Like a possum skin or something.

Real masculine shit. Maybe hold a gun in front of your junk.

I thought the most masculine thing to do is shoot yourself in the junk

I want three wolf moon boxers now