As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How about [movies] that no longer exist?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    What the hell are you all talking about?

In America, you clap twice to turn a light on or off.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Also in one of the houses I was in when younger had 2 switches on opposite ends of a hall that controlled the same light, so up/down to turn on would change constantly on each end

My apartment right now has two switches like this. One's by the front door, the other just outside the kitchen.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I've lived in a billion US houses and virtually all of them had at least one room where a shitty electrician wired something such that a switch worked backwards.

And I've also lived in several houses where two switches in different parts of a room would turn the same thing on or off, meaning that their on/off and up/down states were just guesswork most of the time.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, just watched Bill and Ted Face the Music. I think it's the best Bill and Ted movie. The daughters are definitely the best. And seeing present day Keanu play Ted is so funny. Also, they nailed the concert and the ending. It felt like what the ending of two was trying to do but done well.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Rambo, Toxic Avenger, RoboCop

All had toys
    Meanwhile, Beverly Hills Cop was just leaving all this money on the table:

https://www.figurerealm.com/customfigure?action=view&id=83324

I can picture cartoon Axel Foley far more clearly than the Crypt Keeper, who I've probably seen.

yeah, I saw that episode of Clerks too.

Welp. I guess that's one less show on my bucket list, because I never want this explained:

https://images.app.goo.gl/mJUTZvMuqJMSh7fm6

At a guess without watching, its the banana in the tailpipe.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options

Im pretty sure I had a couple of the toys from this show.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Also in one of the houses I was in when younger had 2 switches on opposite ends of a hall that controlled the same light, so up/down to turn on would change constantly on each end

My apartment right now has two switches like this. One's by the front door, the other just outside the kitchen.

My house has two switches, one upstairs and one downstairs, that both control the upstairs landing light. It also has two that control the main downstairs hall light - one near the front door and one at the other end of the hall, where it meets the living room and the bottom of the stairs, in a double switch with the downstairs landing light switch.

It's more complicated to describe than it is to use...

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

Fun fact, light switches that are controlled with two switches function as an XOR gate!

maxresdefault.jpg

Man the first time I pulled off an XOR gate in Minecraft so I could open a secret door from two locations I felt like Thomas fucking Edison.

Umm. Something something movies.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

If that’s the case it implies the jurors were flipping the lights on and off to spite each other in a light fight. Missed opportunity by the director.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    WB moved their holiday tentpole WW84 directly atop their other holiday tentpole, Dune

They are now scheduled to open seven days apart, over Christmas

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

My house has two switches, one upstairs and one downstairs, that both control the upstairs landing light. It also has two that control the main downstairs hall light - one near the front door and one at the other end of the hall, where it meets the living room and the bottom of the stairs, in a double switch with the downstairs landing light switch.

It's more complicated to describe than it is to use...

Likewise.

And if I notice that a switch is "wrong" I'll, without exception, go all the way to the other switch so that they're "correct".

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    WB moved their holiday tentpole WW84 directly atop their other holiday tentpole, Dune

I would imagine they serve as counterprogramming to each other, and there will still probably be little competition otherwise.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I would imagine they serve as counterprogramming to each other, and there will still probably be little competition otherwise.

In different times I wouldn't hesitate to see them back to back even if both exceeded 3 hours runtime. Not this year though.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

In different times I wouldn't hesitate to see them back to back even if both exceeded 3 hours runtime. Not this year though.

Maybe. It will be CHristmas though, and for many it will be the best chance to get out. Dune and WW are not going to generally be eating each others audiences. One is very much family flavored and the other looks like Blade Runner 2049, which isn't to say it's a bad thing, and I have no idea what rating it's going for, but it's not the kid and family market.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

I would imagine that neither one will actually open over Christmas, let alone both.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular

Maybe. It will be CHristmas though, and for many it will be the best chance to get out. Dune and WW are not going to generally be eating each others audiences. One is very much family flavored and the other looks like Blade Runner 2049, which isn't to say it's a bad thing, and I have no idea what rating it's going for, but it's not the kid and family market.

I'd think DUNE marketing would go hard after young boys. So not the traditional "family film" (like Wonder Woman 84), but definitely boys dragging the family to see it sort of thing.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Neither of those movies are coming out over Christmas.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Why is Dune, a movie about a hot desert planet, releasing during the middle of winter?

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    After the disappointing release of TeneT I'm pretty sure anything big is either going to go to end up a digital release or get pushed out into mid-2021.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Why is Dune, a movie about a hot desert planet, releasing during the middle of winter?

Aiming for that southern hemisphere demographic.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Awww, Sreve Irwin would've loved to meet a sandworm

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    I think I’d be up for a TV show set in the Robocop universe.

What was that cop show from about 7 years ago with the cop and his new android partner, set in the near future ?
    Pretty sure 2018 was seven years ago:
    https://youtu.be/ACLvVpn_8vU

Could be wrong.

Those aren't cops, those are coppers. They are talking about Almost Human, starring John Larroquette.

That's the one!

I'd actually forgotten Karl Urban played the grumbly cop. I mostly remember Larroquttes cheekbones

Correction, it was Michael Ealy who played the android.

• Options
    edited September 2020

Ketar on
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Note to Hollywood: be more like Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson, please.

Ketar on
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Awww, Sreve Irwin would've loved to meet a sandworm

He would have given it a big thumbs up.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    In the spirit of gettin' spooky, my partner and I started watching Halloween movies today. We started with one neither of us have seen called Trick R' Treat. Decent rather recent anthology movie about different scary stories on Halloween that happen in a town. We've seen Sam being referenced a lot in Etsy art and online, so he's been kind of luring us into watching the movie, and it wasn't bad. Definitely some nit-picky stuff that comes from horror, but I enjoyed it a bunch. Sam is a rad character.

I found it funny that Anna Paquin
    is a werewolf around the time when True Blood was a thing.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    We watched the Princess Bride cast script reading last night and it was absolutely delightful. Mandy Patinkin and Wallace Shawn especially went all in. Patinkin was even swinging around the sword, having the time of his life doing his old accent.

And then the cast just telling stories with Billy Crystal and Carol Kane was just brilliant. I was dying at the story of them going to lunch in the Miracle Max and Valerie makeup, Crystal stayed in character and just riffed with the servers. "This Shepard's pie, is it spicy? You don't know my colon."

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I watched Under The Silver Lake this weekend. What the fuck was that?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

This is, afaik, the universal reaction to the film. So probably not gonna have much luck on that front. :P

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    A bad movie

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

The very definition of falling off hard, since It Follows is one of the best horror films I've ever seen.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Wait, Under The Silver Lake followed It Follows?

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

They are both by the same guy, David Robert Mitchell.

Under the Silver Lake is ... ambitious but perhaps does not actually land.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

You sure can't say he didn't try to do something different, but... yeesh. Maybe he should stick to high concept 80s-inspired horror films.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

This is, afaik, the universal reaction to the film. So probably not gonna have much luck on that front. :P

Reading the synopsis on IMDB it sounds like QAnon the movie

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Under the Silver Lake worked more often than not for me, sort of as a deconstruction of obsessive behavior, the need to see patterns and meaning in everything, the desire to be in the center of the narrative, and so on. Plus I just appreciate a film willing to go fully surreal and bonkers. But yeah it didn't quite stick the landing, the ending was muddled and felt rushed instead of tying all the pieces and themes together.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options

Okay. I follow what you’re saying.

• Options

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    You shouldn't try to follow yourself like that.

• Options
    You shouldn't try to follow yourself like that.

I don’t follow

This discussion has been closed.