As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Kingdom Rush Vengeance, Aquanox & Crown Trick out today!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I had a dream that someone was making a harvest moon-style game with murder mystery elements

You're a world famous detective who, stardew style, decides that life is too depressing and hectic, and takes an early retirement to move out to the country

So like you'd have your farm, and you'd develop it while also hanging out in town and getting to know everyone, and then one morning one of the townsfolk is found dead. You have no choice but to come out of retirement to gather clues and interview the townsfolk in order to solve the crime before the killer strikes again

And I'm mainly posting about this because I'm gonna need all of you to abandon your life ambitions in order to make this game because FUCK I wanna play it

I thought I was out of the life, but they pulled me back in.
    I thought I was out of the life, but they pulled me back in.

steam_sig.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Call me when I can carefully scan my surroundings for lost Gwent cards.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Honestly that sounds... way closer to the sort of mobile game that could snag me

I don't have any investment with the Witcher specifically, but the idea of tracking weird horror monsters is very good

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    do I get to fuck the sexy monsters?

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Not really, but it gives you plausible deniability when you get caught spankin it in the park. They’re all “What are you doing?!” And you’re all “I’m battling an incubus!”

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    And then they say “Oh... Pardon Me.”

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020

Yeah, but you need a particular phone attachment for that

Dixon on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »

Yeah, but you need a particular phone attachment for that

It's called the Fleshlight hands-free adapter, FYI.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    The Witcher: Monster Slayer better be 5% slaying monsters and 95% educating nobles on how that's not a monster but a peaceful sentient creature and the real monsters were men. Also banging hot sorceresses.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig

no wonder I cant get any frags or smooch any cute gamer girls

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

no wonder I cant get any frags or smooch any cute gamer girls

I thought the point of video games was that you could do it without pants.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    P great how gamer products are designed and marketed for people too lazy to do a zipper. They're just sweatpants.

steam_sig.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Those are just old people sweats which I have a bunch of.

Does that mean I'm the ultimate gamer???

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Where are you on the pants spectrum?

Gamer pants____Jeans____Tac-Pants

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    bring out the tactical sweatpants

autkzket3m75.png

the real shit

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Not quite yet. From the link in that first tweet:

"A message emerged that players liked the game and were asking for more. Many of the items on our live development plan were exactly what players were hoping to see, and that brought about the consideration of whether to add it now, before launch. Amazon is customer obsessed, and we want our game to reflect that with as much gameplay value as possible for launch, so we made the difficult decision to extend our timeline to spring 2021.

While we're already hard at work on developing those new features, we also want to make good on the promise we made to pre-order customers that they would be playing New World on August 25th, so we are providing this preview event. Please enjoy your time in game and give us feedback, both on what already exists and what you would like to see in the future.

Our goal over the upcoming months is to give players even more to do while maintaining a polished experience. We plan to focus on adding more mid and end game content but also features that are just fun and deliver more on the promise of a world in which you can get lost. In particular, we are working toward adding more in the areas of game modes, land mass, AI variety, additional weapon types, quest variety and more."

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    bring out the tactical sweatpants

autkzket3m75.png

the real shit

Oh shit, are you one of those 1337 black ops CIA operators?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    ZPg0rr7.jpgp
    fuck
    i can't possibly go wrong with this
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/mystery-vault-bundle-2

Five copies of Skyrim.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    ZPg0rr7.jpgp
    fuck

Five copies of Skyrim.

For five different platforms

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    ZPg0rr7.jpgp
    fuck

Five copies of Skyrim.

For US$6.99? I mean... I still wouldn't say no to that.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    ZPg0rr7.jpgp
    fuck

Five copies of Skyrim.

The same Platform.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    You can always check reddit to see what the pool of games is like. People post what they get all the time.

I got

Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration
    Reventure
    Bomber Crew - Deluxe Edition
    Recovery Search & Rescue Simulation
    Realms of Chaos
    Valhalla Hills
    Farming World
    Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala

On that note

Realms of Chaos

Loading...?

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    ZPg0rr7.jpgp
    fuck

I guess this was always the logical endpoint of lootboxes.

• Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I got Dead Island and Jedi Knight Outcast 2 which are earmarked, along with some other stuff of varying quality

Roll the dice on the varying quality.
    Loading...?

Ginger Mijango on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Tactical sweat is constantly pouring out of every bare patch in my piebald hide

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Grimrock 2

nearing the end
    another two segments complete

used one segment to collect the power-gem on Desarune D3, fight through the important bits of the Cemetery, and clear everything up to Xarant Wormbound. Picked up Bane, but I'm not sure why I bothered: it requires Heavy Weapons 5 and isn't all that much better than (the) Maul. And the fire elementals guarding it were painful.

By the time my 'warrior' could wield it, the Meteor Hammer was available. I guess I used Bane a little bit in the Crystal Mines, but really only a little. Maybe the special is interesting? I have some complaints regarding that design decision, too.

the second segment:
    After failing to defeat Xarant a couple of times, I instead wandered over to the Crystal Mines. I took a circuitous route: first to the Forgotten River, where I fought some wyverns and collected one of the Archmage set pieces; next over to Twigroot Forest where I defeated a few wolf packs; then into the Twigroot Dungeon for an item from the Shrine of Gluttony; walked over to Shipwreck Beach (mostly for the Hub access, but some turtles got in the way, and I never pass up some food); used the Hub to gain access to the Stormbreach Hamlet, then finally entered the mines.

The mines are infested by spiders and squids, with a few demon-eyes for good measure. Well, 'squid': a floating eye with tentacles extending from the back. They aren't tough, but fliers are of particular frustration when most of the area is a giant pit. Kinda hard to get at them. These have a ranged magic attack and a melee attack if you approach from behind. The spiders aren't too bad. They can apply poison when they attack. Whether the party member will get poisoned; how long it'll last; and how much damage is done per tick are all random.

Thanks to my notes, I knew where the meteorite was buried, and I've had it in my inventory since the third segment. One of the steps on this segment was turning it into the Meteor Hammer. Considering the work needed, and how late you're supposed to acquire it, I wish it were better.

Picked up the last Archmage set piece in here. It's one of two or sets that provides a set bonus; in this case, +50 energy. I don't really know why some sets have a bonus and some don't; it seems very odd to me.

Took the Twigroot Forest exit and defeated some earth elementals (this is why I fought the wolves at the top of the segment, by the by). Took the power-gems to the Bog and created the Essence of Earth; then placed this on the pedestal outside the Castle. Some viper roots attacked as soon as I stepped out of gate and I ran to Sleet Island, then looped around. Took full advantage of the area transition to kill them.

Headed to Twigroot and saved.

Down to the last three power-gems. Two of them are in the Wormbound Catacombs; and the last is held by the Island Master. My 'warrior' is 7 (boosted to 8); the 'rogue' is about half-way through 7; 'mage' #1 just hit 8; and 'mage' #2 is 7 (but very close to 8).

Tamin on
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I got Dead Island and Jedi Knight Outcast 2 which are earmarked, along with some other stuff of varying quality

Roll the dice on the varying quality.
    Loading...?

Many thanks!

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    You people and your loot boxes.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Anyone wanna play Remnant right now? I'm available for a good two hours.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Anyone wanna play Remnant right now? I'm available for a good two hours.
    Yeah, sure. What's your ign?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Y'all remember GameSpy?

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Y'all remember GameSpy?

Remember Planet Quake? Or Redwood's Quake Page? Or Bluesnews?

...oh god, Bluesnews is still around somehow.

This discussion has been closed.