Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    New Kroos seems specced specifically to deal with the coin enemies, if you don't have anyone you'd rather use (hint: Ash).

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Man this event has a lot of reading.

Like, it's an arknights event, you kinda expect that, but holy shit is it a lot of reading.

Pretty solid so far, though I really wasn't expecting Blacknight to be so Australian.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Rosmontis has been my MVP with her AoE multihits.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Oh, the IW-9 boss was pretty interesting.

La Pluma was the MVP by far, she was basically able to solo hold the center of the map and deal with literally every other enemy besides the big boss, which let me set up with Kroos Alter + the buff army (Warfarin + Aak + Skalter + Suzuran) to just kinda melt it as fast as possible.

Now it's time to figure out some trust farms for the device and RMA stage, cause god I need a shit ton of those.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    xbdykUw.png
    QT1mp67.png

When you purposely lose over 30 life points on the final boss just to get unlocks :V

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I've been pulling super conservatively so far, just ended up with Dusk from one of the store pull tickets. We'll see if Ling is within reach, but this was nice.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Ling dropped on pull 55 for me, so that’s good luck there.

• Options
    Monthly yellow shop tickets got there, thank god.

Final tally was 162 pulls for pot 4 Lee and pot 1 Ling, with pot 6 Blacknight along the way.

So really not bad in terms of rate, but man would I have loved for that Ling to come earlier. Either way, done with this banner besides daily free single, now it's time to save everything for Horn.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Cleared IS for the first time last night, finally got the right Operators and Promotions lined up (I think one of my previous runs would have absolutely been a winner if it gave me a single Guard chance instead of like 5 Defenders in a row).

And pulled Ling on pull number 67. Grabbing Dusk and Ling this time, I have the full family here.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Rosmontis can dunk a lot of the waregeist extra adds with her s2 because not only can it stun, she deals 4 hits per attack during it in aoe that hits every target

Orphane on
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    Rosmontis can dunk a lot of the waregeist extra adds with her s2 because not only can it stun, she deals 4 hits per attack during it in aoe that hits every target

Like I said, MVP. Her regular attacks already hit multiple times to begin with.

Banner was rude to me and gave me a Hellagur dupe. It could have at least been one of the other sisters, but no.

• Options
    I've tried a few times to use Rosmontis but her abilities are beyond me.

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »

Ability 3 is just the ranged version of Nalter's third skill. Throw down an impediment to block enemy movement, then hurt everyone near it. The catch is that it has to be a tile you could use for placing units, no blocked tiles or holes.

• Options
    edited August 2022

Ability 3 is just the ranged version of Nalter's third skill. Throw down an impediment to block enemy movement, then hurt everyone near it. The catch is that it has to be a tile you could use for placing units, no blocked tiles or holes.

Yeah, her S3 is high damage, but only to things blocked. S2 is absolutely better for this event, since it does so many hits each attack with splash. The only downside is only her S1 has arts damage so a couple enemy types ignore her here. Fortunately AoE arts is easily come by for them.

In general, she's also just nice for her super large attack range.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    I’ll try out her S2 some time, I M3 her S3 so usually try and use it.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I am realizing how far behind I am on actually leveling anything up, since I come and go a lot. I've got silverdaddy beast mode supported by... eh, not a lot. And now I'm dumping resources into 3/4s for the roguelike.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Knocked out the new set of 15 pages for IS2; so I have the fancy new profile emblem to show off. Beaten the first ending with a couple different starter bonuses, so that was fun. Maxed out the permanent buffs thing as well; the last talent node is pretty sweet as it gives +1 Temporary Life. One free life point per map is very helpful for dealing with the early map struggles where all the pieces aren't together yet.

Now all I need is one more monthly squad reset and I can get the last IS2 medal and be back to 100% medal collection.

• Options
    Event medal set gathered. I had to look up a strat for the EX-8 gimmick medal, since my clear didn't allow flames to get through. Challenge EX-8 was also obnoxious as the dragon just wipes the floor with you and blanks all the tiles. Otherwise, I did enjoy having to shift my teams to multi-hit instead of high damage, it caused some pretty interesting team comps (I didn't end up using 5 star Kroos or Greythroat, but they both would play well here).

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I actually found EX-8 and the CM to be a pretty fun challenge (no pun intended). It was striking a balance between having the right amount of units to kill off Wisps, having the right amount of burst, and having the right amount to handle the actual waves.

I went for a full on insta-burst setup with Ptil and Suzu pumping out heals to keep everyone up as much as possible, did a ton of recalls/redeploys. There's also a Secret Deploy Spot that is probably the most important one since it completely avoids the laser breath.

EX-8 Trimmed Medal that wasn't too bad; just ignore the first two waves of Wisps and blow up the third. For CM I ignored the first wave because I needed to build up DP like crazy to get my setup in place, but then I slapped the Wisp-killers in for the 2nd, it was far too important at that point. No Wisps made it through on the 2nd or 3rd, that would've been instant death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-syIRQyOzk

Fun clear though. I really liked this event and how it was able to bring several lesser used Operators and skills to the forefront and be extremely meta for this event. Ethan with S1, Rosmontis with S2, etc etc. All killer fuckin' Ops for this one.

Funny, though, because I steamrolled normals with Ling (Just Ling Things :V) but for EXs and CMs they definitely were very aggressive about like "Fuck your Ling. You wanna use Ling? Fuck you." I mean it wasn't impossible to use her, but there were definitely several stages that made it very difficult to fully utilize her. Those Sharpedges fuck up Ling's draggo's SUPER HARD. I used Nearl Alter for those instead and had the Blazing Sun tank them while she burst them down. That and there's quite a few stages that just don't have many deployable melee tiles!

La Pluma, Angie with S2, Rosmontis S2, Ethan S1, Ifrit S3, and Nearl Alter S3 were all pretty key players for my EX clears. Angie's S2 fucking shreds those 30+ hit plates like no one's business. Ifrit was just goddamn amazing, S3 would obliterate everything. La Pluma's AoE has no hit cap (unlike Centurion Guards) so it could easily shred those spawns of like 15 cups or w/e. Hell there was even a stage I cleared without any Medics/Heal Defenders/Skadi Alter just through Angie's regen alone.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Getting back into the game and the one thing I'm not really sure what to do with is annihilation. I can just afk farm lungken outskirts like always, or there's like six different maps that drop to the same pool I could go spend hours and hours trying to master?

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Beirng back into the game and the one thing I'm not really sure what to do with is annihilation. I can just afk farm lungken outskirts like always, or there's like six different maps that drop to the same pool I could go spend hours and hours trying to master?

I'm not exactly an expert on this, but this is my understanding:

The current annihilation map gives limited time rewards for how many enemies you kill in a run as well as the weekly Orundum (up to a cap). It runs for 4 weeks, I think?, maybe longer. The permanent missions also have one-time rewards, as well as being able to increase the weekly cap of Orundum. So, it does get you more rewards if you try to keep doing the current annihilation mission for the one-time rewards, but if you don't feel like learning the map, or feel like you've hit some ceiling with your current lineup, I wouldn't beat your head against the current map, and instead just farm Lungmen after maybe taking a shot or two at the current Annihilation map to get the low hanging fruit as it is.

Others who have been playing longer, feel free to correct me. :)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Beirng back into the game and the one thing I'm not really sure what to do with is annihilation. I can just afk farm lungken outskirts like always, or there's like six different maps that drop to the same pool I could go spend hours and hours trying to master?

I'm not exactly an expert on this, but this is my understanding:

The current annihilation map gives limited time rewards for how many enemies you kill in a run as well as the weekly Orundum (up to a cap). It runs for 4 weeks, I think?, maybe longer. The permanent missions also have one-time rewards, as well as being able to increase the weekly cap of Orundum. So, it does get you more rewards if you try to keep doing the current annihilation mission for the one-time rewards, but if you don't feel like learning the map, or feel like you've hit some ceiling with your current lineup, I wouldn't beat your head against the current map, and instead just farm Lungmen after maybe taking a shot or two at the current Annihilation map to get the low hanging fruit as it is.

Others who have been playing longer, feel free to correct me. :)

Every annihilation map has rewards for getting a perfect clear on it. You absolutely should be aiming to get all of those rewards on all of the maps (presuming you play this regularly and not just every once in a while on a whim). If you're brand new to the game, clearing each map will raise the weekly total of Orundum you can get. This is your weekly stipend of gacha currency that you'll be dependent on for pulls (assuming you're not just buying them with real cash), so it's important to get this cap to the max to max out your potential earnings (the current cap is 1800/week). Finally, (this is the part I'm least certain about) only certain maps pay out for your weekly 1800, which ones do rotate over a period of time. It might be worth your time to play on a map that is not currently paying out if you're after the permanent rewards available there, otherwise I would not use the Sanity cost on that.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    All three of the original Annihilations give Orundum rewards, but whichever one is the newest/current gives the most bang for your buck and requires the least amount of Sanity to cap out.

The new maps always require one less run to cap than the older maps (assuming a 400 kill auto-deploy) so it's worth doing that if possible

Otherwise you can just stick to the older ones like Lungmen Downtown or whatever, that's fine too

If you're just after the permanent rewards, don't be afraid to look up a video guide or use a Support Unit either. Might not be an auto-deploy but it'll get you the 400 at least

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Yeah I've come and gone a few times and almost always during an event where I chased something random. So my core team is not as well established as it should be, too many E1s with no mastery, etc.

• Options
    Yeah I've come and gone a few times and almost always during an event where I chased something random. So my core team is not as well established as it should be, too many E1s with no mastery, etc.

This game, like all gacha games, is a bit of a second job if you want to get the most out of it. One of the reasons I still play it is that it's less unpleasant in that respect than MANY games of the style I've played, but that aspect still exists.

All that to say, advice given here is usually in terms of "best efficiency" or "to get the best results over time", but not spending a billion hours on this is a fine thing too. Better, even. If you're looking to do the best possible with more limited time, there are certain ops worth focusing on, if you happened to get them.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

I will say, don't worry too too much about the masteries. They are helpful but I don't think there's really anything in this game you can't do without them (and I'd say in most cases the improvement they give is really negligible anyways, barring a few exceptions like when they mess with range or push strength or what have you). e2 is probably ultimately way more important. Though of course there are always low-end guides for practically everything if you just have mostly free operators too.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    If you get all your 3* and 4* characters to E1 max you can do almost any content.

Some core 5* and 6* can round out a team, many of them even at E1.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    If you get all your 3* and 4* characters to E1 max you can do almost any content.

Some core 5* and 6* can round out a team, many of them even at E1.

Adding to this, highly recommend looking up Eckogen and KyoStinV on Youtube.

They both do guides for clearing all endgame content with only Low Rarity Squads. In most cases, 3*s and some 4*s (hell, sometimes even 2*s) with like maybe one or two 6*s depending on map (sometimes you just need a fuckin' boss killer and 3*s ain't cut out for that). They both come up with different strats so I recommend cross-referencing and finding the one that works better for you.

And you don't have to follow those 1:1 (a lot of it is like... stall strats and sometimes some specific timing etc) but they function as a good baseline for "Oh okay, here's how the map works and what I need to do to be able to handle it." I consulted those two a lot when I was first starting out.

There's a quote I remember seeing once that I really liked, that really stuck with me. Went something like "There's no such thing as bad Operators, only bad Doctors." Basically to put it another way, any and all Operators are perfectly viable. The game allows for clears with all 3*s! Not many gacha games let you do that. Sure, E2 M3 6*s will steamroll shit, but you can clear maps with any combination of operators and any sort of rarity. It might take a bit more effort, but it's doable.

Invest in 3*s and 4*s when options are limited, they are extremely cheap to build and honestly very effective if you put resources into them.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips! I've watched them both before, they're great. My main problem usually is I don't have the 3s/4s leveled and I'm missing mats to do so, so I'm trying to figure out which 3s + 6s I have I can make work.

Back when I started I spent way too many resources leveling 5s that seem to have limited use now.

• Options
    One advantage of the 3* and 4* ops is lower DP cost.

Most 5* units outside of ones like Manticore or Mr Nothing are useful in many circumstances. Boil it down to roles rather than operators to see where you’re at.

• Options
    72 pulls and no Ling. I was really hopeful I'd get lucky.

• Options
    One advantage of the 3* and 4* ops is lower DP cost.

Most 5* units outside of ones like Manticore or Mr Nothing are useful in many circumstances. Boil it down to roles rather than operators to see where you’re at.

Yeah all my 5s are either worse versions of their 6 counterpart that I have, or overcosted to the 3 or 4 I'll use in a tight mission or in the rogue like.

• Options
    Whew. Spent like 20 originite prime but pulled Ling just under the wire.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yeah, I believe today is the last free pull, so if you were waiting for those to be over before going all-in, now is the time.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Yeah, I believe today is the last free pull, so if you were waiting for those to be over before going all-in, now is the time.

I think the headhunting contract currency also converts to crap tomorrow

• Options

Is that the 6* guy character they released? I haven't gotten him either. Kinda gave up, would rather not spend any money.

Also spent most of last night grinding the event cuz I mixed up dates and thought it ended this morning instead of tomorrow. Can't for the life of me get the trim on that EX-8 mission. I guess I'm killing too many flames? It's so god damn hard to tell and I don't understand what exactly makes the dragon insta-nuke the screen (it feels like it's if he eats too many flames?)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Is that the 6* guy character they released? I haven't gotten him either. Kinda gave up, would rather not spend any money.

Also spent most of last night grinding the event cuz I mixed up dates and thought it ended this morning instead of tomorrow. Can't for the life of me get the trim on that EX-8 mission. I guess I'm killing too many flames? It's so god damn hard to tell and I don't understand what exactly makes the dragon insta-nuke the screen (it feels like it's if he eats too many flames?)

Ling is the lady summoner in the same family as Dusk and Nian. The guy is Lee. Ling is limited and guaranteed not to be pullable until 2023 if you don't get her now (but also don't be tricked by gacha FOMO, make responsible decisions).

The flames give the dragon a longer health bar if it gets to absorb them, up to 200% health if you don't kill any. If by insta-nuke, you mean left-to-right flame breath, that will always happen on phase 3. You need high defense + medics to live through it, or otherwise be able to win even after everyone gets killed by it. If you mean the ground stomp that fails the mission, that is based on a timer, there is a limited amount of time to win the entire stage, you must go somewhat quickly.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Ling is the lady summoner in the same family as Dusk and Nian. The guy is Lee. Ling is limited and guaranteed not to be pullable until 2023 if you don't get her now (but also don't be tricked by gacha FOMO, make responsible decisions).

The flames give the dragon a longer health bar if it gets to absorb them, up to 200% health if you don't kill any. If by insta-nuke, you mean left-to-right flame breath, that will always happen on phase 3. You need high defense + medics to live through it, or otherwise be able to win even after everyone gets killed by it. If you mean the ground stomp that fails the mission, that is based on a timer, there is a limited amount of time to win the entire stage, you must go somewhat quickly.

Oh, then Ling is the one I did get then :P I didn't get Lee.

And yeah, I mean the ground stomp. I guess letting too many flames go through is slowing me down too much then. I need to figure out good operators to bring for short term burst dmg (besides Surtr who I'm already plopping down). I've tried to follow a couple different videos that say they get the trim but either I just die horribly and can't match their run despite having crap at the same levels or I win but I don't get the trim :/

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Kyostinv's video for that level should work, it's mostly dependent on a quality Ifrit + Skadi Alter, you can borrow one if you don't have it. If you don't have both, borrow one, then add some extra DPS.
    Try this
    https://youtu.be/o01e2r2viQ4
    Or this
    https://youtu.be/OAw--sia7Sc

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Ok I'll try that. Hopefully it doesn't end up killing too many flames :3

FWIW, these are the two I tried. First I could never make work (I suspect the timing on Ling's specials are super exact because I had dragons dying in places that video didn't), second didn't get me the trim even tho I tried it a few times (I'm assuming Eunectes being swapped for Hoshiguma would have been fine.. all she seemed to do was hold adds and I wasn't gonna level her for that :P )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY5a6I3kVzU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH3jgcH3J0g

I looked at a couple others but they had big teams of lowbie operators which always tells me "this is going to have too much stupid exact timing and swapping and stuff to even make it work" :P

Warlock82 on