Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i really wish they gave us more time for all these ex modes, just open everything right away. or at least maybe open the base ex levels but have only challenge modes available at the end.

i just don't have time anymore to do all 8 ex levels and 8 challenge modes in a week. i had a ton of time the week before but couldn't finish the event this week so now i'm just going to miss the entire back end of this event :/

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    https://youtu.be/sDBib95ngl8

shamare has still got it

Orphane on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i really wish they gave us more time for all these ex modes, just open everything right away. or at least maybe open the base ex levels but have only challenge modes available at the end.

i just don't have time anymore to do all 8 ex levels and 8 challenge modes in a week. i had a ton of time the week before but couldn't finish the event this week so now i'm just going to miss the entire back end of this event :/

It is a bit obnoxious that we were given around 5 days or so to do 16 levels, you basically need to do it on the weekend or risk missing it altogether.

• Options
    edited August 2022
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    That video didn't work but finally got it with this strat
    https://youtu.be/NHlvnrsfbJM

So woo.. Now to just grind currency until the thing ends

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I ended up with a similar strat from a YouTuber called tarigan who does all afk operators.

The video:

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Ugg, grinding out the last currency to do the store medal sucked. Should have been farming this event sooner. That one's entirely on me. You would think ~1000 thingies would not take that long to get but when you've already collected all the achievement rewards, that's not true T_T

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Ugg, grinding out the last currency to do the store medal sucked. Should have been farming this event sooner. That one's entirely on me. You would think ~1000 thingies would not take that long to get but when you've already collected all the achievement rewards, that's not true T_T

Out of curiosity, what were you doing with your energy instead of just farming the event? I was assuming the event shop was more efficient than other things anyway.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Out of curiosity, what were you doing with your energy instead of just farming the event? I was assuming the event shop was more efficient than other things anyway.

Grinding XP and money. I didn't have all the missions done for the event and I was kinda too lazy to finish them for awhile or I would have done those. Tho I didn't realize at the time the last couple missions didn't have drop rewards anyways so I probably could have done some.

• Options
    now that IW is over i finally got around to sitting down and doing a solid round of IS runs

after figuring out that the story boss is just a fancy crownslayer i got him with this setup

z0DEgGA.png

barrens tequila autocharged thorns so i could hold mid, wrath of spaghet + popeye spinach means pallas, mudrock, and blue posion shredded the boss in a bout a second. I think Mudrock's spin might have hit for 6k

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I see that this event is Annoying Mechanics From Past Events All Stars huh

WELP that said I had a pretty fun clear with TB-3 CM. I saw Holes my mind went straight to one place: THE YEET CANNON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8gBfcujOHo

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Shazaam. I finally have Thorns. First pull on the banner was Waai.

• Options
    Soooo even though I am trying to be more responsible and not spend any money on gacha this month, managed to pull pink Korone and that new 5* with what stuff I already had on me. So yayyyyy. And now to be sad that I have to do another event so soon T_T I'll have to do it this weekend so I'm not cleaning everything up last minute for once.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I went back intending to do up to 10 more pulls to see if I could get Blemishine knowing I was getting close to a pity, 7th pull was another Thorns.

Anyways, I beat my head on the wall for awhile on the 9 and 10 stages, they were much easier than I was making them.

EDIT: also hit 120 finally.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/wzmcGXJl1A4
    The artist behind Goldenglow and Mizuki is reading the new event story on stream.
    If you're a Vtuber fan, you might recognize her.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/wzmcGXJl1A4
    The artist behind Goldenglow and Mizuki is reading the new event story on stream.
    If you're a Vtuber fan, you might recognize her.

"I have no friends on my EN account and I need friend requests but I have ONE CONDITION: You have to use an ID change and change your name to an adjective to describe Mizuki's armpits. Otherwise I won't accept your friend request."

Amazing

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I decided to toss my ten pull at the banner because whim. And pulled goldenglow, which was a nice surprise!

• Options
    Event clear. Overall, very fun I thought. My favorite bit was actually level 9. I would like to see a "canon" level that focuses on the Operators from the story for every event. It even makes sense from a purely mercenary perspective, as seeing the new ones in action could induce people to pull more for them.

• Options
    Thorns S3M3 going.

No matter what I do I always find myself back to farming 1-7 for rocks.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    So wow, the end of this event snuck up on me. I went to check last night how much time I had to finish it and the answer was "not much" :P Luckily this event was really quick? I kinda like that. Just like 10 levels + 8 challenge levels. Easy enough. Didn't even need to farm currency since I apparently had exactly enough to buy everything in the store. And didn't really need to look up strats for the most part (which I usually do to save time because I'm always last minute on these things). I looked some up for the two fixed team ones because meh on figuring those out (tried a couple times and it just went badly). I didn't know how the new operator worked and I don't use half those characters (turns out pink-Korone mostly solos them with just a little support?) so it beats wasting time trying to figure all that out.

Was a bit confused on the medals tho. Wasn't any listing for them but I got a couple for the event anyways. I *assume* there were only two? I have no idea because I took forever looking for them and didn't see anything "unobtained" next to the two I got (which was sort of in a rando medal spot).

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    So wow, the end of this event snuck up on me. I went to check last night how much time I had to finish it and the answer was "not much" :P Luckily this event was really quick? I kinda like that. Just like 10 levels + 8 challenge levels. Easy enough. Didn't even need to farm currency since I apparently had exactly enough to buy everything in the store.

Was a bit confused on the medals tho. Wasn't any listing for them but I got a couple for the event anyways. I *assume* there were only two? I have no idea because I took forever looking for them and didn't see anything "unobtained" next to the two I got (which was sort of in a rando medal spot).

The two medals were "buy the Jackie skin" and "unlock all the story archives", so you basically had to not play at all to miss those.

• Options
    So wow, the end of this event snuck up on me. I went to check last night how much time I had to finish it and the answer was "not much" :P Luckily this event was really quick? I kinda like that. Just like 10 levels + 8 challenge levels. Easy enough. Didn't even need to farm currency since I apparently had exactly enough to buy everything in the store.

The two medals were "buy the Jackie skin" and "unlock all the story archives", so you basically had to not play at all to miss those.

Ok yeah, I assumed that was it but without the event having its own category it was hard to tell if there were medals I missed.

• Options
    Hopped back in for the monthly IS2 team and actually managed to finish, this was my first clear which was why I hadn’t played it this month yet

• Options
    There's a clear skill gap, I've never even seen the final boss in IS2 despite having played a ton of it. I just don't get something yet.

• Options
    Got all the Paradox levels done again, after all the new ones they added. The highlight (maybe an anti-highlight?) had to be Mr. Nothing, who at E2 level 1 requires you to Gacha roll his skill 2 to successfully clear the level (you MUST get the block +1 result, so you have to keep activating it and deactivating it until you get the right version).

• Options
    There's a clear skill gap, I've never even seen the final boss in IS2 despite having played a ton of it. I just don't get something yet.

I think I’m at around 50/50 for making it to the final floor, probably due to poor choices in recruiting.

I’m working on M6 for Myrtle and Jaye and I’ll probably just stick with May, Myrtle, Jaye for a start.

• Options
    OYyHTFm.png
    D3LmKUz.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89bx9PA9lNI

DAY ONE CLUB LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Took a lot of damn tweaking but whew I got there. Not a lotta wiggle room for Contracts this time I felt, was pretty limited and had to just pick what worked for me :T

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I don't think I'll ever have the patience to unlock all those extra risks needed to get risk 18 on day one :P Kinda wish it wasn't such a pain (having to run multiple times at lower risk first) (it's bad enough I have to unlock all the risks for the new daily site :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I.... Don't really understand what the new system does.

• Options
    I.... Don't really understand what the new system does.

Which new system?

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    How did you go about handling the archers that shoot at you from across the map?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    How did you go about handling the archers that shoot at you from across the map?

They always target the last deployed unit; so in my case, I made sure Saria with S1 was the unit I deployed last. She can just keep herself alive and tank the shots easily. For helidrop Guards like Surtr/SilverAsh, I just made sure to keep them within Saria/Medic range. Well, didn't really matter for Surtr, but.

There's also a funny strat you can use if you have Hoshiguma and Skadi Alter; Hoshi with S2 will literally make the archers kill themselves.

I don't think I'll ever have the patience to unlock all those extra risks needed to get risk 18 on day one :P Kinda wish it wasn't such a pain (having to run multiple times at lower risk first) (it's bad enough I have to unlock all the risks for the new daily site :P)

Honestly the initial batch of contracts this time around felt so limiting, so unless you are really pushing for that Trimmed Medal, don't worry about it til Week 2.

This was probably one of the roughest Week One clears I've done because there's virtually no wiggle room. It's incredibly restrictive!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Managed risk 18, now onto the challenges

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Been casually doing the dailies but haven't messed with the permanent map yet

However, more importantly

horse

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options

Living in fear of the day Wheels gets sick of the game and stops making cool stuff.

• Options
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    This CC has annoyed me. I got Risk 18 but I haven't done all the challenges yet.

We better get a playable Candle Knight soon for having to put up with this bullshit.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    I ended up CHAltering the last 2 challenges

• Options
    Risk 18 in time to get a trimmed medal, I almost never do that on a CC. This time it was a hard carry from Ling, thanks to all the build work I had done for her ahead of time, she only needed 10 more levels to clinch.