As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I finished up Risk 18 and all the challenges last night (at least until they add another batch of challenges). This CC has been weirdly towing the line between easy and annoying depending on which risks are active. Mostly just Talulah if you can't burn her down fast enough, she can absolutely destroy all your operators. Otherwise it seems like mostly just making sure you get the light in the spaces fast enough to block the lanes (which isn't super hard if you face stuff the right way)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Ugh, I got about "this close" to getting to 400 on the first run of the annihilation. I got the last boss dude down to like 15% on his second life, and just couldn't quite bring it home :(

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Me, doing the new Annihilation for the first time: "I'm gonna do some silly gimmicky shit lol"
    Ec3wtwR.png

Me, after hitting 200 kills and the fireball guy shows up: "FUCK"

So yeah I had to get rid of the gimmicks ;(

I nailed the 400 but no shenanigans allowed booooo

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Ugh, I got about "this close" to getting to 400 on the first run of the annihilation. I got the last boss dude down to like 15% on his second life, and just couldn't quite bring it home :(

This was the strat I used:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuAqdL85Wlo

It works stupidly well. Like a couple mins of setup and then just let it run for the next 15 mins or whatever (Annihilations are way too long)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Thorns, Murdock, and Blue Poison were my core for this one. Thorns can take out Mandragora(?) before she moves at E2 75 S3M3.

I threw in Mizuki too as more damage to the mid lane in front of Mudrock but it wasn’t strictly needed.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    FINALLY!!!

srpk7ii5olgi.jpg

Didn't have anything too amazing for artifacts, just a bunch of +hp ones, and the one that stops him regenerating. Which just allowed me to tank the falling debris with some healing. Kal'sit was able to solo the left side, while I loaded up on dps on the right.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    I have still yet to do this thing. One of these days I will try. I hope it's not as merciless as the honey cake one

• Options
    I will have nightmares of that damn teddy bear having debris falling on my dudes for the rest of my life :weary:

• Options
    I will have nightmares of that damn teddy bear having debris falling on my dudes for the rest of my life :weary:

Oh gosh just wait til you go for Ending 3 then

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

Oh gosh just wait til you go for Ending 3 then

:cry:

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Investing in Honeyberry a bit earlier was good timing for this Annihilation. I also decided to use Rosa just because the spacing of the level is perfect for it, so this was her first time being of use.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    actually finished my medals this time

wasn't too hard of an cc if i didn't even have to look up a guide, mountain and silver ash did most of the work with helidrop nearl alter s2 and surtr to blow up the bosses

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Cleared the main story of Chapter 9 since we have this breathing time between events at the moment. It was amusing running into the boss "for the first time" well aware of their gimmicks and how to kill them (they honestly are tougher in the story, though). I still have a bunch of challenge stages and hard difficulty levels to complete, but I'd also be kind of disappointed if I'd done literally all the content and could only wait for more.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    I'm so behind on the story at this point. I think I still haven't done like the last two chapters released. (not to mention a bunch of challenge modes)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Spent my savings for Fiammetta... got 5 Executors and various other flotsam. The "best" pull was probably Archetto (who was stealing my 6 star potential by being there...)

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Wait are the new characters out? I swear this is like the one game where I just get blindsided by this shit. You kind of have to go digging deep in the news to even tell when new stuff is coming and then when it's here there isn't like a splash screen or anything to tell you. It's so weird and this is like the only game I've seen act that way. (I swear, at the minimum can't you guys add like a "new" to the Headhunting button? :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Wait are the new characters out? I swear this is like the one game where I just get blindsided by this shit. You kind of have to go digging deep in the news to even tell when new stuff is coming and then when it's here there isn't like a splash screen or anything to tell you. It's so weird and this is like the only game I've seen act that way. (I swear, at the minimum can't you guys add like a "new" to the Headhunting button? :P)

The bottom left of the screen is a rotating ad that shows the new characters, the top right shows the new event (which banners are always connected to). Did you log in today after the update?

• Options

The bottom left of the screen is a rotating ad that shows the new characters, the top right shows the new event (which banners are always connected to). Did you log in today after the update?

No I haven't logged in today. Is that new or am I just blind? (I know about the event thing of course :P)

• Options

No I haven't logged in today. Is that new or am I just blind? (I know about the event thing of course :P)

The bottom left thing is super old, but you might be used to ignoring it since it advertises a lot of things, such as currency you can buy with cash.

• Options

It literally pops up a splash screen when you login after they first announce this stuff ahead of time

This was from 9/12:
    9qurYam.png

And then from today:
    57xIHZ5.png

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Spent my savings for Fiammetta... got 5 Executors and various other flotsam. The "best" pull was probably Archetto (who was stealing my 6 star potential by being there...)

Oh hey, I also got spooked by Archetto

At least she was new?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Got spooked by two 6 stars before I got Flammetta myself.

Also this event's BGM is a bop.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Let it never be said that Arknights doesn't go hard.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    YzM8qah.png
    JMVmB25.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MY3WE5IjRs

I got the holy fucking grail in IS2 and thus Bagpipe the Annihilator was born

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

It literally pops up a splash screen when you login after they first announce this stuff ahead of time

This was from 9/12:
    9qurYam.png

And then from today:
    57xIHZ5.png

For me it always defaults to some unimportant news. The new banners are like a bottom tab that I have to click around to even find. Don't wanna read news when I'm booting up the game, I wanna play :P

It's fine tho.

Also woo I'm actually ahead of the curve on this event. I actually beat all the missions before the EX missions came out :D I'm gonna farm so many blue blob thingies!

• Options
    Completely slipped my mind that EXs opened today!! I got to have a lot of fun with the earlier ones

EX-1 was Weedy bullying and Ashlock supremacy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFgzeN0X4go

And then of course we have Real Fiammetta Hours
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iVbELvkIjI

This event was fuckin' made for Fia lmao

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Omg, is this new?
    q0aac8lj1qw8.png

Since when can you actually see trust levels on this screen? (you know, the one stat you'd actually want to see) This has always been a major pain in the ass of swapping between here and the operator menu since you couldn't click in to any of the operators to look at their trust levels

• Options
    Omg, is this new?
    q0aac8lj1qw8.png

Since when can you actually see trust levels on this screen? (you know, the one stat you'd actually want to see) This has always been a major pain in the ass of swapping between here and the operator menu since you couldn't click in to any of the operators to look at their trust levels

You can also sort by Trust in the dorms now, it was an update a few weeks ago.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    You also will get a notification if an Operator hits max trust now, IIRC

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Oh yeah, I saw that notification too (honestly I think that's how I finally noticed this.. I was surprised to see a little orange diamond on that tab). I don't know how I missed this when they first added it (I guess I haven't looked at this page since then?) but man, this one took way too long. It has always annoyed me that the one page you want to know Trust on is like the hardest one to figure it out with. This is such a nice QoL upgrade.

Now if only they'd actually do something with the base itself... I must have a bazillion of those building materials at this point with literally nothing to spend them on :P Add some more rooms! Even if they're just "for fun" rooms of some sort (give me more stuff to decorate :3)

Warlock82 on
  • Options

Oh yeah, I saw that notification too (honestly I think that's how I finally noticed this.. I was surprised to see a little orange diamond on that tab). I don't know how I missed this when they first added it (I guess I haven't looked at this page since then?) but man, this one took way too long. It has always annoyed me that the one page you want to know Trust on is like the hardest one to figure it out with. This is such a nice QoL upgrade.

Now if only they'd actually do something with the base itself... I must have a bazillion of those building materials at this point with literally nothing to spend them on :P Add some more rooms! Even if they're just "for fun" rooms of some sort (give me more stuff to decorate :3)

Raise Nine-Colored Deer to at least E1, then have her play around with the building blocks in the Workshop. When she is going to turn over to 40 "points" (pay attention to the unique icon she gets in that room), have her make a 4 cost Elite Material, she'll generate something else guaranteed as a bonus. Repeat as her stamina allows.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    sure is a good thing Fartooth ignores dodge when her skill is active and the maps featuring Andouain's dumb ass feature lanes she can snipe him from across the map in so you don't have to worry about getting her hit by his bouncing attacks

Orphane on
  • Options
    managed to run through the monthly squad in IS2, still haven't finished a run in normal mode.

• Options

Raise Nine-Colored Deer to at least E1, then have her play around with the building blocks in the Workshop. When she is going to turn over to 40 "points" (pay attention to the unique icon she gets in that room), have her make a 4 cost Elite Material, she'll generate something else guaranteed as a bonus. Repeat as her stamina allows.

Optimally, you want to upcycle your building mats.

Sticks to Bricks, Bricks to Packs, and then Packs into Furniture Part

This works out far better than just e.g. Sticks -> Furniture Parts because making Packs AND turning Packs to Parts are both 4 morale. You basically get to double dip on Packs.

Also, if you can, HIGHLY recco getting NCD to E2

You use her to craft T5 (orange) mats, every tenth T5 mat is a guaranteed T4 (purple) mat. The math has been done by Certified Nerds and it is worth it, despite the seemingly poor investment (you might think crafting 9 T5 mats with no byproducts for only the 10th to give one is bad, but it's GUARANTEED so it works out to honestly be better)

Given how costly and annoying it can be to farm up mats to make T4/T5 mats, this is rather huge

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    What start do you all use for IS? I don’t have any additional ones unlocked, I should probably pick a core op like Ling or Thorns. I have started to grab the 20 ingots package as well but I’m not sure if there is one that works out to be better.

I have finished Phantom in the last 2 monthly squads but haven’t completed a normal run yet. I’d say I at least get to Phantom almost 50% off runs that don’t fail on the first 2 floors.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    What start do you all use for IS? I don’t have any additional ones unlocked, I should probably pick a core op like Ling or Thorns. I have started to grab the 20 ingots package as well but I’m not sure if there is one that works out to be better.

I have finished Phantom in the last 2 monthly squads but haven’t completed a normal run yet. I’d say I at least get to Phantom almost 50% off runs that don’t fail on the first 2 floors.

I was able to get all 3 endings use the same start; Guard/Support/Medic start and taking Thorns/Orchid/Hibiscus; then try to promote Thorns as soon as possible. I used the starting package that gives you the Armor on every stage because I am bad and usually leak at least once every stage so this keeps my health from evaporating.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Managed to finish the event missions. Currency for this one felt a little rough - not that it was hard to get a lot but that it seemed like stuff in the store was more expensive? I dunno. I've been farming event missions since the start (for a change) and even after completing everything I was only really able to buy out the first group of stuff. I spammed more missions to get enough to buy an ok chunk of the second group but still, felt like a lot of extra farming just to afford that (and there was still additional money and stuff I would have liked to buy in that group but I just couldn't tolerate anymore grinding :P). I had no trouble getting, say, the medal for spending a lot in the shop though so it's not like they were not giving me currency. *shrug*

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I used 6 stamina packs during this event and still didn't quite purchase everything in the shop, and that was with farming from the start of the event. I did get everything but the furniture parts though.