As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Feldorn wrote: »
    What start do you all use for IS? I don’t have any additional ones unlocked, I should probably pick a core op like Ling or Thorns. I have started to grab the 20 ingots package as well but I’m not sure if there is one that works out to be better.

I have finished Phantom in the last 2 monthly squads but haven’t completed a normal run yet. I’d say I at least get to Phantom almost 50% off runs that don’t fail on the first 2 floors.

A lot of people will say to grab a 6* and two 3*s, but. Honestly I've had much more success grabbing two 5*s and a 3* (or two 5*s and one 4* if I get the starting bonus +2 Hope).

Namely for Guard, La Pluma. You can't go wrong with a La Pluma start. She carries so goddamn hard and has such incredible synergies with so many of the relics. But yeah, I tend to do something like that and then save up Hope to grab a good 6* when I need one/get the right recruit voucher. Thorns without E2 is.... Not Thorns, lol. So if you don't have the auto-promote Squad it can kinda be rough starts with him? Thorns is an absolute beast but I typically grab him later on.

Sniper I pretty much always grab Blue Poison. I mean, Kroos is really good, like top tier good, but only for early game. She falls off super hard late game. BP stays relevant the whole way through. With Spinach-esque relics she can reliably solo the puppets on right side on the final boss.

That said though if you are gunning for a 6* to start, grab one that's functional at E1, like Eyja. Her S2 fuckin' carries hard. Mountain can work pretty well too.

edit: Honestly Ling can fucking hard carry all the way through so if you WANT just pick her lmao. Recommend picking up a Boss Killer to deal with Lucian though.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Bought Eunectes from the shop since I didn't have her yet.

For beating Lucian my core members have almost always been Eyja and May. Eyja S3 for Lucian and May to weaken the dancers on the right side. I'm still bad at it but I think I'm starting to figure out what I need to have in order to get through that stage.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I still haven't touched IS despite being interested in it, maybe I should get on that.

My arknights gaming these days tends to be "log on everyday just to collect base stuff, maybe spend enough stamina on sunday so my pots don't go to waste"

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    I still haven't touched IS despite being interested in it, maybe I should get on that.

My arknights gaming these days tends to be "log on everyday just to collect base stuff, maybe spend enough stamina on sunday so my pots don't go to waste"

There are good rewards in IS. I would suggest at least trying to do the Monthly Squad to get those rewards.

I don't play it a ton because I find the RNG nature quite annoying.

• Options
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Pulled Horn on my first saved 10 ticket. So uh... taking my ball and going home for now, I guess.

• Options
    Got a double Horn on my third ten pull

Emergency grinding for blue skill books to get mastery training started (how the fuck did I run out...), then I get to decide if I want to go full degen and pull for pot 6

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    4twwnqa11irj.png

100 pulls for Horn
    spooked by Mudrock at 20, then Archetto at 40 and 80
    it's good luck but also bad luck

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Had quite a lot of Headhunting tix saved up from yellow cert shop + events + etc and all so I blew those (58 pulls in total?) got fucked by ANOTHER Lee dupe (christ that's pot 5 now....)

BUT I think after like 30 more pulls I got two Horns! Yayyy my Ashlock has a partner in crime now. And christ back to saving up shit again, SpecAlter is next.....

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    took me more than i'd have liked, but my first 6* i finally got after a ridiculous of stretch of tragedy was Horn so I guess value.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Really like Horn's English VA, they did a great job with her voice

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    THEY DID BLACKNIGHT'S EN VOICE DIRTY

WHERE THE FUCK IS HER AUSSY ACCENT

SHE'S RIM BILLY, DAMMIT

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I did my G5 but not chasing for horn. Saving for Spectre Alter.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Wait, there's a new banner? Gah I NEVER SEE THIS IN GAME!

I swear I should just check anytime the game forces an update.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Warlock82 wrote: »

There is a button that is shaped like a Yield sign with an exclamation point inside in the top left of the UI. When there's news, it gets a red dot. Click on it to read the news, I honestly don't understand how you are surprised by this stuff?

The tone can read as harsh, it is meant as a real question though. I wonder do you ignore update dots in the game for some reason on purpose?

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    edited October 2022

There is a button that is shaped like a Yield sign with an exclamation point inside in the top left of the UI. When there's news, it gets a red dot. Click on it to read the news, I honestly don't understand how you are surprised by this stuff?

The tone can read as harsh, it is meant as a real question though. I wonder do you ignore update dots in the game for some reason on purpose?

Yeah I know about that, it's just that like 99% of the stuff in there is garbage I don't care about like upcoming maintenance, or they banned more cheaters, or yet another stupid contest, or whatever :P So I tend to ignore it (and I don't clear out the news so there's always a dot there). Wish I could tell that thing I'm not interested in certain categories of news :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited October 2022

It automatically pops up on login, every single time there's an update.

Legitimate honest question, I'm not sure how you're missing this at all? Are you just mashing through when you login? It forcibly shows up. The very first thing it shows you is "Horn Rate Up" with a button that says "Go now" to the new banner? It's the first thing in the list.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

you could just check headhunting every 2 weeks my guy

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

you could just check headhunting every 2 weeks my guy

Probably. I dunno, my brain just never goes there unless there's actually an event going on which reminds me "hey they usually release new characters with events"

• Options
    g7ydperri8xz.png
    the power of fire is firepower

• Options
    And that's chapter 10 finished, fun times. Did all the stages on hard mode which was pretty cool; shout out to the Mudrock for basically hard carrying every map. The new "full sanity refund on failure/retreat" was also great, much better than the practice plan system.

Pretty solid story wise, though it was definitely another set up chapter focused on moving a bunch of pieces where they needed to be. Also, could not stop thinking about this tweet the entire time I was reading:

Hell yeah Siege true name reveal let's fucking gooooooooo

Anyways, I'll have Horn S3M3 done in two hours or so, then I get to figure out if I want to M9 her right away or focus on E2ing some other random ops instead.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I've been obviously out of the game for awhile but I saw a decent price for this and simply couldn't resist.

XNz6eSch.jpg

9ZWC48uh.jpg

And the included bonus item, a transparent sheet that I opted to frame:
    ivp3jRJh.jpg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Damn, that looks nice

Also inb4 Ines gets announced as the 3.5 anniversary op in 14 hours and Spectrum reluctantly gets drug back into the game
    Just kidding, it's almost certainly gonna be Texas Alter with a Siracusa event

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Episode 1 of the anime worked for me. How the combat turned out was kind of cheesy, but hopefully there's budget for the fights that matter.

• Options
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Annihilation Skip Tickets coming next week (thank FUCK) but in the meantime I had fun with my clear of the new one

nxGJ4uy.png

Double Fortress baybee B)

Gnosis also fucked Blood Knight UPPPPP

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I was lazy and just thorns + chalter'd my problems away, with hoshi in a corner tanking arrow shots

Will probably redo the auto just cause; I kinda winged it blind this time and want to try some stuff out

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Contemplating an E2 for Whisperain since I hear Therapist medics are going to be useful for the event, but I already have E2 Purestream already, so I should probably hold off.

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Annihilation Skip Tickets coming next week (thank FUCK) but in the meantime I had fun with my clear of the new one

Holy shit I want. Why did it take them this long?!?!

Also, I really gotta do more of the story. I think I'm like two or three chapters behind at this point cuz I just never have time.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Story is a slog if you read it, can always skip the story and come back later.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Story is a slog if you read it, can always skip the story and come back later.

That's kinda what I started doing at some point. But I should really do the missions at least.

I like the Arknights story and everything but at the same time it can very much hurt my brain to read too :P I don't know quite what it is but its sort of like a direct translation (as opposed to a localization) from Chinese to English (or whatever it starts as) so the sentence structure is really awkward and difficult to understand at times, even if the words are technically correct. Do wonder if they're ever gonna English voice it (I assume they haven't yet?). It might be better to watch with english dubs.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i don’t really care to go hard on this banner because neither of the 6*s impress me, ended up getting irene in like 10 pulls on top of the free 11 and i think i’m gonna call it there

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    edit: whoops taken down for filesize

rolled 130 for both

btw there's a new tier of xp and lmd farm now

Orphane on
  • Options
    101 pulls to get 1 Irene, 1 SpecAlter, and 1 Eyja spook; I'll take that any day.

Had enough left over to buy 2 skins, now to decide if I want to spend actual money for more fancy outfits...

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So with Irene's talent - something I'm not clear on - does that mean she'll attack normal flying units, or is just one's she's knocked into the air?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    So with Irene's talent - something I'm not clear on - does that mean she'll attack normal flying units, or is just one's she's knocked into the air?

just ones she hits into the air i'm pretty sure, she's a swordmaster not a lord

Orphane on
  • Options
    86 pulls got me 2 Irene and an Aak spook. Good but I could have done without Aak…

• Options
    The new event format is interesting… I wish I had time to read a VN and farm