As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I dislike the EN voices when they try really hard to be JP voices in English. When they're English takes on characters they're good.

What is this I don't even.
    Feldorn
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Horn's english VA is the best thing in the game

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Knight_vagrant_windsDibbyTransporter
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

Which accent is it? British, Irish, Welsh, Scot?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

Which accent is it? British, Irish, Welsh, Scot?

Very British, it's great

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I’m not a fan of how they did SilverAsh’s english VA myself. In the same vein Phantom is in a similar place.

Outside of those 2 I generally like them.

EX stages are open for the event. No, I still don't like this events mechanics. The second stage is really, really dumb about it...

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    For some characters I feel like the EN VA completely destroyed the character's personality (e.g. Fartooth, Platinum)

Others have been fucking amazing, like Kroos Goldenglow Horn Heidi Irene Chen Nearl etc etc et c cetcetc etc c

The more recent batches feel like they have better direction overall. I'd kinda like to see a redo for the older batches. I mean ffs they did Blacknight so dirty where's her Rim Billy accent :cry:

Also not a fan of Exu's, or Texas's... there's maybe at least 12 or so I feel that they just whiffed super hard on. For the most part though, a lot of them fit super well and they sound great.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well i was bored and had been tossing pulls here and there, ended up deep into the pity because my 6* rng on limited banners is usually pretty bad, got another irene.

oh well, i tried. at least specter isn't very good, mostly just wanted her for completions sake.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Feldorn
    I got Murdrock after two banner pulls. Can't be mad at that.

TransporterFeldorn
    edited November 2022
    Oh, Surtr in the yellow cert shop

That's a good deal, might actually spend the certs to get -1 DP

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Feldorn
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    well i was bored and had been tossing pulls here and there, ended up deep into the pity because my 6* rng on limited banners is usually pretty bad, got another irene.

oh well, i tried. at least specter isn't very good, mostly just wanted her for completions sake.

Oh she’s not very good.

YET.

Spectre’s real power is she’s an immortal guard disguised as a spec, and when her module gets upgraded both phases of her are going to be wild.

Oh, Surtr in the yellow cert shop

That's a good deal, might actually spend the certs to get -1 DP

Yeah, it's making me slightly regret going for the headhunting tickets, since I'm down to 100 yellows now. How was I supposed to know Surtr would end up in the shop right away...

On the other hand, I did manage to get both Irene and Specter off the banner (another 10-pull like, the day before the new banner was announced got her).

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Arknights episode 3 cameos like 20 characters, very nice.

Is there any way to watch it without subscribing to Crunchyroll or going derp into the yar space?

Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Is there any way to watch it without subscribing to Crunchyroll or going derp into the yar space?

Depending on your region, Crunchy might be the only legal watch option, yes.

Does anyone have an alternative to the guide function Gamepress' Ark blog used to serve? For some reason, they stopped updating in July it seems like. I liked reading the Operator analysis to see what skills people like to raise for my new pulls and would rather get that info in text rather than through a memey 20 minute YouTube video.

edited November 2022
    Knight_ wrote: »

Oh she’s not very good.

YET.

Spectre’s real power is she’s an immortal guard disguised as a spec, and when her module gets upgraded both phases of her are going to be wild.

even with full module power she's still only good not great, which given how high the investment is there doesn't really impress. probably most useful in cc challenges where you're not allowed to use guards or insane strats that don't really interest me.

i'd put her in like, slightly above rosmontis tier in that she's usable but nowhere close to as strong as someone like chalter or skalter.

edit:

Depending on your region, Crunchy might be the only legal watch option, yes.

Does anyone have an alternative to the guide function Gamepress' Ark blog used to serve? For some reason, they stopped updating in July it seems like. I liked reading the Operator analysis to see what skills people like to raise for my new pulls and would rather get that info in text rather than through a memey 20 minute YouTube video.

they still have those guides, they're just in the character pages. this is irene's for example.
    aqgc96tbnzyu.png

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Getting a lot of use out of W for the EX levels this time. I could use Meteorite or somebody like that, but the ability to instantly detonate groups of those sniper squids is worth its weight in gold.

the annihilation ticket thing is a legit life changer

doing an entire week of annihilation in 15 seconds was among the most i've ever felt like i was cheating in a video game

aeNqQM9.jpg
    FeldornWarlock82
    EX Challenge 8, the boss's stats become pretty, pretty ludicrous. He's shrugging off a tag team of Level 90 S3M3 Monster AND Surtr, at the same time. I was able to use Mostima as a Gnosis replacement on every stage save that one, had to call in a buddy Gnosis to clear Challenge 8 (perhaps Suzuran would have worked, I didn't check).

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I really gotta finish up the event. I'm on like level 7 or 8 of the main part, haven't even touched EX yet :P I see 11/24 and get lazy :P (which is really 11/23 because it's like 11/24 at 4am... hate when they do dates like that, so misleading)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Knight_
    It is very, very hard for me to work up the brain power/ effort to complete the EX levels during the work week, so it's pretty important to my schedule to hit 'em hard on that first weekend. CC is usually even rougher, I just see the Permanent stage as this giant mountain that I don't want to touch for most of the run, then I end up having to rush all the sub-objective clears in it towards the end.

Feldornph blakeWarlock82
    It is very, very hard for me to work up the brain power/ effort to complete the EX levels during the work week, so it's pretty important to my schedule to hit 'em hard on that first weekend. CC is usually even rougher, I just see the Permanent stage as this giant mountain that I don't want to touch for most of the run, then I end up having to rush all the sub-objective clears in it towards the end.

I planned on clearing out all the ex stages this weekend for the same reason

But instead I got really mad at football and then gave into the "I want to play a moba" bug like a complete dumbass

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I give this event credit for making me play pretty creatively. I dusted off Mostima, Schwarz, W, and used Horn for the first time to clear various weird level designs.

Ifrit was an all-star for me here. A number of stages are set up well for her attack range, and the fact that she can debuff both def and res depending on skill is super useful.

Feldorn
    I just gave up on this event. I can't make any of my builds work and I don't have the 4 star cadre to follow a guide.

Do you have Lappland? That will solve a lot of problems in this event. Or Jaye at E1 max.

Also, you giving up on regular stages or EX stages?

even without the 4* cadre i can use the guides to just stick my normal operators into the slots required, more or less

if you're throwing 6*s at a problem being solved by 3s and 4s in a guide, the extreme increase in power usually fixes most issues of missing a perfect fit

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Yeah I'm throwing 6s at it. I just suck at not knowing roles and who subs for what. And/or the cost of my 6s keeps me from getting deployed fast enough.

Like, I definitely have the operators to do this I imagine, I'm just too bad at the game.

if dp is your problem you can usually just throw more vanguards at the problem, or flagpipe if you have it. usually the low * guides require multiple ranged damage dealers to do the work of one good one though so can just trim the edges off the guide

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Yeah I'm throwing 6s at it. I just suck at not knowing roles and who subs for what. And/or the cost of my 6s keeps me from getting deployed fast enough.

Regarding costs, do you have Flag Vanguards in play (Myrtle, Elysium, Saileach)? And what roles are you trying to cover, we can probably give you tips there. If you have time to try again, this stuff is probably fixable.

edited November 2022
    Right, so. I definitely have the pieces I think:

90E2 S3M3 Silverash
    70E2 S3M3 Thorns
    70E2 S3M3 Exusai
    70E2 Hoshiguma
    70E2 S1M2 Saria
    70E2 S3M1 Nightingale
    70E2 S3M2 Ling
    70E2 S3M2 Goldenglow
    70E2 S2M1 Ifrit
    70E2 Siege
    70E2 S2M1 Perfumer
    70E2 S1M2 Myrtle
    61E2 Amiya
    56 E2 Shirayuki

Partially leveled up and comers:
    80 E1 Bagpipe
    70 E1 Lappland
    70 E1 Meteorite
    70 E1 Projekt Red
    64 E1 Zima
    62 E1 Liskarm
    60 E1 Myrrh
    60 E1 Gitano
    60 E1 Ethan
    56 E1 Lee
    56 E1 Texas
    55 E1 Nearl

Unleveled or barely leveled 6s:
    Ch'en (OG not the ranged)
    Skadi
    Mudrock
    Mizuki
    Irene
    Lumen
    Passenger

Unleveled or barely leveled 5s:
    Cliffheart
    Flamebringer
    Platinum
    Whisperain
    Istina
    Nine-Colored Deer
    Pramanix
    Leizi
    FEater
    Manticore
    Blue Poison
    Savage
    Asesia
    Bibeak
    Broca
    La Pluma
    Aosta
    Firewatch
    Kroos keen glint
    Sesa
    Ashlock
    Croissant
    Hung
    Shalem
    Ceylon
    Honeyberry
    Silence
    Tuye
    Mayer
    Scene
    Tsukinogi
    Windflit
    Absinthe
    Beeswax
    Enforcer
    Kafka
    Robin
    Snowsant
    Blacknight
    Grani
    Wild Mane

I probably have most every 3 and 4. The 3s are sometimes leveled. The 4s mostly not.
    And I have a Vulcan and Indra voucher I haven't used.

I've passed but not 3 starred a number of missions, highest mission I 3 starred was SN-3
    I have been unable to beat SN-7

Darkewolfe on
    For the event, Lappland E2 is amazingly useful since her silence shuts down the evasion on some enemies. (Any status effect will do, but Lappland's silence has 100% uptime at E2 and she has AoE and arts damage on S2 which are both useful for the event too). Bagpipe and Mudrock are the 6*s I'd E2 first from that list I think. You've definitely got the pieces to clear the event though with that kind of firepower already at E2.

DarkewolfeFeldorn
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Hell, Hoshiguma with her S2 equipped can literally deal with one of the most annoying enemies/mechanics in this event, the Spewers, since they'll kill themselves by attacking her.

You've definitely got the all the correct pieces to clear this whole event, you're not lacking in firepower for sure. My advice is find multiple different video guides, from different people. There's many strategies and some honestly won't gel as well for you as others (I know that personally speaking when I was starting out, there'd be some where I'd prefer KyoStin's strat over Eckogen's, or vice versa, or someone else entirely)

But you can definitely clear all the stages with what you have

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    ph blakeDarkewolfe
    Yeah, like I said it's not a lack of units, it's just me being bad at the game. :D

Yeah, like I said it's not a lack of units, it's just me being bad at the game. :D

I didn’t see Surtr in that list, if you have the yellow certificates she is in the shop

Feldorn wrote: »

I didn’t see Surtr in that list, if you have the yellow certificates she is in the shop

I don't have her. I don't have the certs either. I might be able to get them by blowing all my stuff in the banner.

edited November 2022
    Feldorn wrote: »

I don't have her. I don't have the certs either. I might be able to get them by blowing all my stuff in the banner.

Well, she isn’t worth any poor choices I’d say, but definitely a play-maker

Feldorn on
    It does hurt not having the certs for her, but if you already have multiple high power nukes it's not fatal.

Since I like what's in the current banner I went ahead and did pulls. Sadly, I'm 11 certs short and tapped out so I might not make it.

But I borrowed a Surtr for where I was stuck in the event and at least got past it.