As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    11 certs you might be able to manage with recruitment spam at least (if you've got permits/expedites to spare).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    FeldornKnight_
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    11 certs you might be able to manage with recruitment spam at least (if you've got permits/expedites to spare).

Sorry, didn't add that I'd already spammed out my expedites in this math. Did get a top operator tag though!

What is this I don't even.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Oh but given that there's a week I might still make it, yeah.

What is this I don't even.
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Went to earn SpecAlter's mod, and realized that I hadn't even CLOSE to beaten the EX levels of Under Tides. I guess that came at a time when I was particularly harried at work or whatever. So I went ahead and polished off the missing levels and challenges I hadn't done from that section... my team is laughably more powerful now than it was then. I made mincemeat out of all the ones I thought were tough at the time, without much in the way of planning or strategy. Also, I cleared both conditions for SpecAlter's mod in a single playthrough of EX1, easily the fastest I've ever unlocked a mod.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    EX-8 medal trim was honestly more annoying than the challenge mode because of how stupidly useful the Little Handy effects are at overcoming the mechanics of this event

knocked out both normal and challenge EX stages, working on the mirror ones to finish up the event since I did mostly nothing but farm for the first 2 weeks

Orphane on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Had a silly thought for doing a 10-6 Trust Farm and I decided to try and put it into action

(no story spoilers, but Stage spoilers if that's your thing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03By16OYPcw

I TRIED to get her to solo it but alas she needed a small bit of help

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Beat everything for the event except the not-Annihilation map. I'll do that tonight or something maybe. Some of those maps were a serious PITA. Still probably need to farm a bunch of coins tho.. I haven't bought out all of the tier 1 rewards yet. I'd at least like to get those and hopefully all of tier 2?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    It's not an Annihilation map in the 3rd area this time; it's just five more stages. Personally, I found them even harder then the week two ones :(
    Giant pain in the ass, kind of glad these mechanics are in the rear view mirror. Stupid dodging and block ignoring enemies.

Polaritie
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I just threw up my hands and farmed currency instead of dealing with that nonsense.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited November 2022
    Lorek wrote: »
    It's not an Annihilation map in the 3rd area this time; it's just five more stages. Personally, I found them even harder then the week two ones :(
    Giant pain in the ass, kind of glad these mechanics are in the rear view mirror. Stupid dodging and block ignoring enemies.

I would say the SN levels were hard mechanics checks until the last couple kind of demanded certain roles to be filled. Like I banged my head against certain levels until I figured out much better ways to do them (3B is Ranged, 3A calls for more ground units). I appreciate getting a LOT of content, it's just kind of hard when suddenly my idle/ daily game wants two weekends of serious play in a row.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    yea i'm really not enjoying these mechanics at all

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    SN-S-4-B was legit hard.

Gnosis was really good in that stage but I don't have him.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Gnosis is the best. Dude's absurd. He basically totally powercrept every Supporter not named Suzuran (who's too unique to be powercrept).

Arknights be like: Is your 6 Star Male? Yep, they're cracked.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Feldorn
    After clearing out all the EXs and EX CMs on my own, I got to the Mirror Stages, did like two of them, and then threw my hands up and went to look up video guides instead

Like sorry not sorry that's just too much of a slog and I couldn't be bothered to come up with my own strats at that point :V

DNiDlnb.png
    Feldorn
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Gnosis is the best. Dude's absurd. He basically totally powercrept every Supporter not named Suzuran (who's too unique to be powercrept).

Arknights be like: Is your 6 Star Male? Yep, they're cracked.

unless they're passenger. he's *ok* now with the module and buffs but eh

aeNqQM9.jpg
    spent like the first 2 weeks farming so i just now got around to the later stuff

6tfe4ganxyhv.png

Feldornvagrant_windsDibby
    Irene has been in training for me, all weekend.

Skill 3, M1
    https://youtu.be/SN1L8dDnHdU

Skill 3, M2
    https://youtu.be/yu3iX6zxbm0

Skill 3, M3
    https://youtu.be/U02E2sjwlLM

I think she's got it.

Feldorn
    Just caught up to the anime, episode 5 has Apple Pie and Texas finally! I have some criticisms of mostly the blocking and pacing of the show so far, but it's very watchable.

Yeah, the anime's biggest problem so far is that it's retelling the early chapters of the game's story which... aren't great, pacing wise. Regardless, it's still nice going through it again without the novella of word salad that this game likes to do for its story text.

shoeboxjeddy
    So apparently today's episode 8 is the season finale, but...

Season 2 is coming.

Was able to push Risk 22 this time B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJKZKFh_yMM

DNiDlnb.png
    OrphaneFeldorn
    edited December 2022
    shoeboxjeddy on
    Dibbyvagrant_windsFeldorn
    oh damn what up Arknights thread it's been an entire year since we've last seen each other, isn't that crazy

Anyway, I had a really fun and unorthodox Non-Meta clear for LE-8 (Horn counts? Yeah, guess so). But it was the most fun I've had in a long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgb0Sa1tK1E

Who needs to block the boss, not this guy (SAILEACH DOESN'T COUNT she was just there to toss down sick Flags)

DNiDlnb.png
    The 3rd Anniversary stream is coming on the 7th, the event itself usually happens soon after. Hopefully some nice stuff again for that.

Pulling my hair out with the RNG, but I finally managed a no-loss run through both of the new SSS mode stages. Hidden medals achieved.

Feldorn
    I haven't done SSS or the EX stages yet... but tired and just doing minimum farming.

Need to figure out who I'm going to level modules for. Leaning towards Ling, Mostima, and Ch'en for 6*s. I don't have any 5* modules that get me excited... considering doing Mr Nothing though. Will probably do Ethan and maybe Gummi for 4*s. Considered Cutter but I never use her anymore.

2n66vt6opci6.png

here was my solution to this boss

https://youtu.be/ie-DIWREek8

I used the same approach for EX-8 so it's basically the same other than the boss doing a lame surprise spawn

Feldorn
    That feeling when you stay up until 4am trying to finish the event and then realize it ends tomorrow -_-

At least the medals are done. I wanna buy more stuff in the store so I'll have time to farm for it tonight

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    exmnj7c0gglk.png

https://journeytogether2023.arknights.global/
    fun little site you can go back for a data retrospective for

Warlock82FeldornshoeboxjeddyDibby
    edited January 2023
    I thought this thing was quizzing me on which operator I had on the home page the longest, but it just seems to know a couple of them and wants me to pick? I picked Siege cuz she was on there for ages but if I'd have known it would just do a bunch of Siege stats I would have switched to Shwartz who is there now :P

I couldn't decide which categories to pick. I wish I could just show all of them on my picture :3 (also I'm pretty sure I missed out on a bunch of content in this thing because I'm like two or three chapters behind in the story.. lolz... one of these days I'll catch up... also work on the module thingies, of which it seems they added something else but I don't quite understand that mode too much)

Warlock82 on
    @Orphane you're slacking, mine say's I've purchased 96 outfits...

A stat they don't have for the card: every Operator at my Rhodes Island has 100 Trust minimum. Only 13 are not to 200 Trust yet.

edited January 2023
    A stat they don't have for the card: every Operator at my Rhodes Island has 100 Trust minimum. Only 13 are not to 200 Trust yet.

Ha, now this I don't have the patience for. I do try to raise trust when I can but I'm not gonna go out of my way for operators I don't even use :3

I don't think they had one but I'd love to see number of operators at e2, e1 and not promoted :P I try to at least promote everyone to e1 (for extra base skill) and I like to get as many e2s as I can (I think I've promoted every 6* at least to e2 and I try to get the 5*s when I can)

Speaking of powering stuff up, I really gotta set aside some time to farm out modules. I seriously never touch this stuff except like one time I farmed out a couple for operators I use a ton (Nightengale, Ptilopsis). But I should suck it up and do more. There are guides online for all this shit after all.

Warlock82 on
    I'm also completionist with Paradox Simulations. Only 3 left to do from the current batch, I've been holding back in anticipation of getting a bunch of new Ops I care about promoting more from the 3rd anniversary event.

In terms of promotions in general, aside from every Operator with a Paradox Sim, I think I have almost all of my 6 stars done (notably Dusk hasn't been raised yet) and most of my 5 stars (many of the welfare ops have not earned a promotion in my eyes, not until their Paradox Sim, at least).

Modules I do the "complete these tasks" steps for everyone during the slow times between events. I did like 10 different Operators waiting for a flight one time last year. Raising them to the required level and actually paying for the mods themselves is situational. I won't pay for an Operator's mod unless I like them or could see using them (say, in the Castle).

I think I've only done one Paradox Sim ... I currently have 58 waiting to be done.

Feldorn wrote: »
    I think I've only done one Paradox Sim ... I currently have 58 waiting to be done.

They're neat 0 sanity cost levels that act as both little puzzles to solve and kind of a tutorial for things you may not know about the various Operators, then they pay out 200 currency when you win. You should definitely try more of them.

Feldorn
    Waregeist annihilation was annoying but good thing you only have to perfect clear it once

Thank god for proxy tickets

Feldorn
    edited January 2023
    Orphane wrote: »
    Waregeist annihilation was annoying but good thing you only have to perfect clear it once

Thank god for proxy tickets

It's also nice that the defeated forms (vases/mirrors/etc) don't count as Actual Enemies and you can actually leak a few without it counting against the 400

The Sharpedges were the most annoying part of it for me (perfect run up until those fuckers wiped everyone out) but I fixed the problem with Gnosis and Irene. Also had SpecAlter in the bottom right lane solo-holding it, and Weedy and Gladiia set up to push/pull some of the more annoying assholes. Shifting does work on Sharpedges!! And then of course the power duo of Passenger/Ethan S1 to clean up the vases/mirrors/etc.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Just about threw my phone out the window.
    Finally got to the new 4th ending of IS2 with a super stacked team. Load into the last stage and my phone drops connection so it throws me back to the main menu.

Unlike every other phone game in existence that just resets the stage and you do it again, Arknights counts this as a loss and the run is over and go fuck yourself I guess. Very frustrating.