As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    I think I've only done one Paradox Sim ... I currently have 58 waiting to be done.

They're neat 0 sanity cost levels that act as both little puzzles to solve and kind of a tutorial for things you may not know about the various Operators, then they pay out 200 currency when you win. You should definitely try more of them.

I know... but I'm a tired old man and just sign in to drink whiskey with Mountain.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well, i got pretty lucky, 2 gavials and a pozy in about 50 pulls. and got the interesting 5* too.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Feldorn
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Same-ish; got both in 73 pulls. No off-banners, just two 6*'s across those pulls and it was one of each.
    Good thing too because the next set of banners are all pretty stacked until the next limited banner.

Feldorn
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Similar luck here, 72 pulls for both 6*s

I'm satisfied, didn't have to dip too much into my stash at all

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Feldorn
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    GavAlter in about 25 pulls, Pozy...........

Too many. Way too many. :cry:

I cleared out all the event stages today so I can get that juicy farming in (I'm low on ALL THREE of the farmable mats!!!) and I decided to PROVE REDDIT WRONG on the final stage by using Ebenholz because Reddit told me Ebenholz was a bad operator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfDTaQZntrs

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Feldorn
    this boss fight was just haha chalter goes brrrr for me

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    "So this event features enemies with physical dodge."
    "Okay, loading up on Snipers."
    "No, that's... that's stupid."
    "You're right, better level up this new physical 6 star Sniper for some more support."
    "Why do they listen to your battle plans..."

I will make a less stupid team for the EX levels, probably. But Pozemka is fun to use.

shoeboxjeddy on
    she can counter dodge once she gets her module at least.

need 100 trust tho

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    she can counter dodge once she gets her module at least.

need 100 trust tho

Making her my primary assistant + using her in the event levels, she already has 42 trust. Won't take very long.

edited January 2023
    i’m trying this sss mode and i legit feel like i’m being trolled. like even level 4 is giga hard and everything scales to 20 trillion hp. maybe i just don’t want module upgrades that bad

even with the main carries the guides say i’m just getting absolutely mulched

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Okay... so Pozemka's backstory is just this:
    https://youtu.be/K1GeGG-HHZY
    That's kind of wild, to me.

All 3 new event characters in 117 pulls. Full potential on Cantabile, just one of the other two.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    "So this event features enemies with physical dodge."
    "Okay, loading up on Snipers."
    "No that's... that's stupid."
    "You're right, better level up this new physical 6 star Sniper for some more support."
    "Why do they listen to your battle plans..."

I will make a less stupid team for the EX levels, probably. But Pozemka is fun to use.

Hey look it’s me!

169(nice) pulls got me Pot 2 Pozey, random Angelina, random Sutr, and Summer Chen out of nowhere.

Literally just wanted Gaivel but nope I’ve been cursed with sniperknights so I literally HAVE to build S. Chen and Pozy since I got them.

I’m a Summer Chen guy now.

Add me to your friends list everyone it’s the Summer Chen guy.

Feldorn
    edited January 2023
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i’m trying this sss mode and i legit feel like i’m being trolled. like even level 4 is giga hard and everything scales to 20 trillion hp. maybe i just don’t want module upgrades that bad

even with the main carries the guides say i’m just getting absolutely mulched

You really really need to use the tactical equipment drops that come from dropping an operator on top of another operator.

Like deploying a cheap 2-3* defender first then putting Mudrock on top of them gives Mudrock +1 block and 40% DEF.

Or you can do crazy stuff like drop 5 cheap snipers on a single spot then throw down Goldenglow, Eya, or Suzuranne or something and watch them mow shit down with the extra 200 attack speed.

Lorek on
    yea i'm using those strats and even still it's kicking me in the ass on level 4 anyway

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    Hey, super late to the party. I've added myself to the friends spreadsheet. Any tips for a newbie? I pulled a Pozemka on my first daily free pull, the gatcha gods smile occasionally.

l7n41RV.png
    edited January 2023
    Tigliss wrote: »
    Hey, super late to the party. I've added myself to the friends spreadsheet. Any tips for a newbie? I pulled a Pozemka on my first daily free pull, the gatcha gods smile occasionally.

Invest into your 3*s, do not sleep on them. They're cheap and easy to build and are more than functional for new players and will be your work horses until you get your roster built up. I recommend Fang, Ansel, Kroos, Midnight, Orchid, Popukar, Melantha, and then any of the three Defenders (Spot, Beagle, or Cardigan) you don't really need all three but 1-2 is fine. Catapult and Lava if you need AoE.

Similarly 4*s are also quite good, there's some standout ones including:

- Myrtle
    - Gummy
    - Vigna
    - Click
    - Ethan
    - Cuora
    - Perfumer
    - Sussurro
    - Vermeil/Meteor/May/Jessica (Kroos is top fucking tier for 3*s but you'll want more than one Sniper, so pick 1-2 from here)
    - Podenco

Those are the high priority ones since they're just Good, little bit lower priority but still Good:

- Gravel
    - Rope
    - Shaw
    - Gitano
    - Shirayuki

Bit more niche but they're useful niches. Gitano and Shirayuki are AoE and you'll want those before the other three, but eventually you'll want a Puller/Pusher with Shaw and Rope, and then Gravel is just incredible. Niche as hell but no one else in the game can do what she does. She can stall enemies, redirect/soak ranged damage, tank in a pinch; lots of things.

Make sure you keep Amiya leveled (goes without saying). 6*s and 5*s are really strong and powerful, but very expensive to invest into. Get a core team of 3*s and 4*s first, then start dumping resources into your 6*s and 5*s. You're good to invest into like, one solid 6* carry (Pozemka, for example, is god tier so investing in her is a good idea!) but not at the expense of your core 3*s and 4*s.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Tiglissph blakeshoeboxjeddyFeldorn
    Related to the above, but because friend supports scale down to whatever your highest level operator is, I highly recommend picking one of those useful 4*s and rushing elite 2 on them (personally I'd pick Myrtle, but any of them are fine).

Most of the turbo hella busted 6* units don't become turbo hella busted until they hit their elite 2 promotion and have access to their skill 3, but promoting a 6* to elite 2 is very expensive and time/sanity consuming for a fresh player. On the other hand, promoting a 4* is significantly cheaper and easier, and once you have any elite 2 unit on your roster you can access the turbo broken elite 2 friend supports to carry you through some of the more challenging stages.

This is especially useful for the annihilation maps and the more challenging event stages, where oftentimes you can get by with your low rarity squad as blockers/utility/bodies while you borrow a friend support Summer Chen/Thorns/Silverash/whoever to DPS everything down for you.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Tigliss
    edited January 2023
    Is there a must have banner coming soon, or can I pull a bit for Goldenglow, as a treat?

shoeboxjeddy on
    https://gamepress.gg/arknights/database/banner-list-gacha

I think Mlynar will be coming up in couple months. Texas alter allegedly a month or so after that.

GG is hella good though and if you're willing to pull on a standard banner probably worth it.

Texas, the next limited, should be the endish of April since golden week seems to be the spot for the next limited banner. Besides her, Mylnar is like the next version of SilverAsh I guess?

And then Stainless is the other cool one; I don't know if you call him meta but he's got some cool unique skills like letting you charge Thorns-style skills without needing an enemy present.

Schedule is kind of weird though because we're supposed to get CC next and Dorothy was already delayed. And I dont think there's enough space for the new units and reruns that CN had between Gaviel and Texas.

Mylnar is probably the most op unit coming up, he’s insane. But he’s not limited so not a huge deal to skip and save whatever remains for Texas if you wanted i guess.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Pozemka module active for the EX levels.
    https://youtu.be/HQtIearBLAE

Knight_
    edited January 2023
    Is there a must have banner coming soon, or can I pull a bit for Goldenglow, as a treat?

Got her before resources ran dry. Now it's time to rebuild finances once again...

shoeboxjeddy on
    Knight_Feldorn
    I got Aak'd :/

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    FeldornTransporter
    WHEWWW finally got my EX-8 CM clear done. Actually a really fun one! I got to whip out double Chain Casters (real talk Leizi with lvl2 Module is actually sleeper good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtCRI3wJBPc

Honestly I really liked this event as a whole, a lot of the stages (incl EXs and CMs) I literally just used the Murder Karts as the main carry for the moooost part, like aside from needing some bodies on the field or EX-7 in which I actually had to Try

DNiDlnb.png
    Feldorn
    Man, Trial of the Navigator is brutal. Finally finished all the missions and maxed out the level, but oh boy, once you get to level 3 & 4, it just takes sooooo long.
    Like one run through of the 4th stage takes like 30 minutes but it's 4 boss waves and there is so much empty space to give your units time to recover from recall. And you have to run it four times if you want to clear each difficulty.

And then for some reason, this is only open for a week it looks like? Absolutely crazy.

Feldornshoeboxjeddy
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Man, somehow my luck has been really good on this banner. I got everyone right away in like, maybe 5 10 pulls or something (most of which were using tickets so I didn't spend that many resources). Since then only been doing the daily free pull. I've gotten two extra Gavials from that. Like wtf, free pulls are never that good.

I was also actually productive last night and get half of the EX stages done instead of waiting for the last day :D Even did Mostima's module mission since one of the guides used her and I was like, don't know if this is required but fuck it, she's a good operator so why not?

I also somehow totally forgot that you can upgrade modules now. Like, I saw they added it but then it just totally went over my head to look into it at all. It's a lot easier to do than I was expecting :3 (god help us if Surtr ever gets a module of any kind)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Lorek wrote: »
    Man, Trial of the Navigator is brutal. Finally finished all the missions and maxed out the level, but oh boy, once you get to level 3 & 4, it just takes sooooo long.
    Like one run through of the 4th stage takes like 30 minutes but it's 4 boss waves and there is so much empty space to give your units time to recover from recall. And you have to run it four times if you want to clear each difficulty.

And then for some reason, this is only open for a week it looks like? Absolutely crazy.

I like the idea of stages that move and being able to play without sanity cost, but scheduling that on top of another event and giving us like a week is extremely shitty FOMO behavior. It feels like they're running a test with negative intent rather than putting new, cool content into the game to make it fun.

Knight_
    edited January 2023

I like the idea of stages that move and being able to play without sanity cost, but scheduling that on top of another event and giving us like a week is extremely shitty FOMO behavior. It feels like they're running a test with negative intent rather than putting new, cool content into the game to make it fun.

I dunno, I knocked it out in a couple days

It didn't take an entire week, I slowly plucked away at it when I had some spare time, and it doesn't take that much to get all the rewards

I actually really like the game mode, it's really fucking fun.

I even did the Ultimate Trial which is completely optional and doesn't offer any rewards, it's just for fun/extra challenge and hoo boy that was intense

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Dibby wrote: »

I dunno, I knocked it out in a couple days

It didn't take an entire week, I slowly plucked away at it when I had some spare time, and it doesn't take that much to get all the rewards

I actually really like the game mode, it's really fucking fun.

I even did the Ultimate Trial which is completely optional and doesn't offer any rewards, it's just for fun/extra challenge and hoo boy that was intense

I had an extremely harried IRL week, so I had no time to pick at it. Now I'm under an extreme time pressure (or alternatively I can throw rewards in the garbage). This is all avoidable if they gave us a normal amount of time (or didn't schedule a competing event during the same time period).

Feldorn
    Getting through TN 1-3 wasn’t bad. I didn’t complete any of TN-4 though.

I could have gotten through it but I didn’t have the time or energy for it.

shoeboxjeddy
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Getting through TN 1-3 wasn’t bad. I didn’t complete any of TN-4 though.

I could have gotten through it but I didn’t have the time or energy for it.

Yeah, I was able to play long enough to get the skin, but missed out on the rewards after that. And the levels WERE kind of fun, there was just no reason to set such a restrictive time limit, during an event that still hasn't released all of its content! I failed a run of stage 4, difficulty 2 on the last screen, which just sapped all my will to try again.

Feldorn
    edited January 2023
    IC-S-1 Challenge Mode is one of those stages that gets so absurd, you really need a team specifically built to handle the stupid things it's doing. Very funny to have Mostima, Eyja, GG, and Suzuran on the same team (at least for my playstyle).

Edit: These IC levels are definitely pitched at VERY high level teams. Kind of surprising, since they're required for the medal set.

My ratings:
    IC-1: Fun, but requires a very specific team and for you to play actively with good skill timing, not just mash go on everything.
    IC-2: Not too bad if you happen to like certain kinds of operators, nearly impossible if you don't have them trained up.
    IC-3: The equivalent of a Hard DPS check in an MMO. Because of how the arena is set up, you can probably use all kinds of teams, but they have to be BUFF.
    IC-4: Very easy if you can push the boss' face into the dirt right away, probably very hard if you can't.

shoeboxjeddy on
    https://youtu.be/dRuDS3KAwZE
    Do what it takes.

I legit didn't even do it. Looked like a pain in the ass.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited February 2023
    these extra elevator stages are straight up not fun

i guess i just have to look up a guide for the perfect cart strategy because otherwise they’re just impossible. fucking hate this shit.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited February 2023
    I did IC-S-1 through 3 last night. Fuck IC-S-3. Holy shit what a garbage stage. If you screw up even one minor timing on the cars or whatever you just wipe.

I eventually found this which gave a little more leway, albeit I had to max out Goldenglow (I tried with like an e2lvl40 and stuff broke through and hit my base):
    https://youtu.be/OPjbVq1YQA0

I accidentally fucked up the placement of one of the cart turner things but I was still able to muddle through a win anyways just by tanking everything (go go all the healers!).

I'll have to do IC-S-4 tonight.. didn't wanna do it after that garbage last night.

Also I really gotta go through and work on more modules at some point. Realized from that video that I didn't have Saria's and like, I use her a lot. I should at least get the ones for operators I use all the time (like Bagpipe, I don't have hers either). Wish I wasn't so damn LMD poor right now tho (stupid Goldenglow spending all the LMD I got from this event... and stupid Gavial, etc for spending the LMD I had before the event... I wish leveling wasn't so damn expensive)

Edit:
    IC-S-1 Challenge Mode is one of those stages that gets so absurd, you really need a team specifically built to handle the stupid things it's doing. Very funny to have Mostima, Eyja, GG, and Suzuran on the same team (at least for my playstyle).

IC-1: Fun, but requires a very specific team and for you to play actively with good skill timing, not just mash go on everything.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuGEAeG_s_k

This is what I used. It's kind of hilariously automated and broken. I honestly don't even think you need Mostima for it (and I'm sure any similar vanguard could replace Texas, she just has her green CP skill on), they only use her at the very very very end and it looks like just to clear the clump of dudes faster.

BTW, the auto deploy car thing is the best chip, I swear. Also that channel is my go-to for strats since usually they are pretty straightforward (i.e. no spinning twenty plates to make some 4* comp work). But man their IC-S-3 strat was hot garbage.

Warlock82 on
    You don't need maxed Goldenglow, but there's a break point on healing. With Shining at level 40, my line disintegrated. Kicking her up to 60 did the trick.

I want to invest in modules but my obsession with getting all the medals has totally fucked my resource economy from working towards the one for 100 skills at mastery 3.
    Now I'm super behind on getting the lore medals because I don't have enough LMD/resources to E2 each set of operators as they get paradox simulations.

Really looking to the CC starting tomorrow because I can grab some mats from the CC shop, and farm whatever I'm missing instead of doing an event.