As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    You don't need maxed Goldenglow, but there's a break point on healing. With Shining at level 40, my line disintegrated. Kicking her up to 60 did the trick.

Oh really? I think mine is like 60 already. I really should just max her at some point.

In my case though there were too many guys stacking up that they got through the tanks. Boosting Goldenglow to 90 got them killed fast enough that it wasn't a problem.
    Lorek wrote: »
    Really looking to the CC starting tomorrow because I can grab some mats from the CC shop, and farm whatever I'm missing instead of doing an event.

Ugg, I forgot about this. I have come to really not like CC. Too much time commitment. The daily stages are just a PITA when I don't want to put a lot of effort in every single day (would rather just knock out a bunch of it at once over the weekend or whatever).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    GG at 60 (with skill 2 at either M1 or M2) was sufficient in this case. I was using level 90 SilverAsh and level 50 Hoshi (with S2 at M3), so differences in the fine details of your squad vs mine likely produced different results.

Warlock82
    Speaking of power leveling, I pushed Gavalter to level 60 with Skill 2 M3. I really want to get her out in the field this CC...
    https://youtu.be/LZHs7Rnhbyg

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    ya this event has been unkind to gavalter and pozy really because of the whole 90% of the units have physical dodge crap. def the least guards i've used in arknights in ages.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Is this a bad time to mention that you can silence them to remove the physical dodge? Lappland MVP again.

Man, IC-S-4 kinda sucked too. But everything done, most rewards bought, time to be sad that CC is starting T_T

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    ya this event has been unkind to gavalter and pozy really because of the whole 90% of the units have physical dodge crap. def the least guards i've used in arknights in ages.

Somewhat, but if you look at Pozy's level 1 module: "when attacking enemies directly in front, and ignores their Physical Dodge"

So it looks like they thought of that.

it helps but it’s still too limiting for most stuff

i did use her to make the boss of ic-s-4 cease to be tho so that was fun

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I had to readjust for new hires, but now everyone at my Rhodes is Trust 100 minimum once again. 13 members under 200 Trust.

todays rotating map sucks, dealing with a giga buffed pompeii is blugh

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited February 2023

It's not bad, the developed strat for this stage clears easy.

Step 1: A buff Guard to hold the center lower lane (ideally Mountain S2). A dedicated Medic for them (Nightingale is a great choice for arts damage protection).

Step 2: Flag Vanguards in the far right lane.

Step 3: Someone to take pressure off the flags doing any fighting in the right lane (Bagpipe, maybe Blaze).

Step 4: Set up a killbox for Pompeii for when it comes out of the tunnel. Chalter, Surtr, Eyja, Specalter, etc. Pick who you like.

Extra notes: the right side needs a group medic to stay healthy, eventually.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Mountain, Nightengale, and Ash/Blue Poison/any consistent dps strong sniper trio's this map every time it comes up for Risk 8 in like the last 3 CCs it's been in.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    You can also just like

Not deal with Pompeii. Like just don't take the 1 HP risk and kill all the other enemies, stall out Pompeii with a sturdy tank and buncha healers then just let him leak

It was actually stupidly easy that way.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Feldornvagrant_winds
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    hey kids

contingency contract getting you down?

did you take a few too many contracts that made big chungus volcano slug just a little too spicy??? is it living a little too long, turning up the heat a little too much???

i'm here to remind you that shamare reduces enemy attack and defense values by 50% for 15s with her doll and is probably the most borderline busted 5* in the game that people forget about!!!

(also jaye's passive works against pompeii since it's originum wildlife lmao, if you really had a hankering for originum slug meatballs, i let it walk up to jaye and then dropped Nearl in attack mode on it with shamare + suzuran skills in effect, plus nightingale sanctuary for survivability)

Orphane on
    Feldornvagrant_winds
    edited February 2023

I somehow muddled my way through this one first try. Pompeii ended up killing literally everyone but apparently only when he was the last thing left, so it didn't matter. Just had to wait on a couple cooldowns and plop a few operators in front of him to finish off the last bit of HP. (also my strat is always just Surtr spam, use Nightingale to keep everyone else alive :P)
    Dibby wrote: »
    You can also just like

Not deal with Pompeii. Like just don't take the 1 HP risk and kill all the other enemies, stall out Pompeii with a sturdy tank and buncha healers then just let him leak

It was actually stupidly easy that way.

I guess this is essentially what I did minus the leaking, only my stall was Surtr who can't die for X amount of time anyways, and then I plopped Hosi in there to stall until she died, at which point it didn't matter cuz everything else was dead.

Warlock82 on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Actually got my risk 18 out of the way early this time

Was basically the Mudrock and M3nster Murder Everything Show, exactly the same as chapter 10.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Feldorn
    edited February 2023
    ph blake wrote: »
    Actually got my risk 18 out of the way early this time

Was basically the Mudrock and M3nster Murder Everything Show, exactly the same as chapter 10.

Same actually. Once I looked up how to do it this one was surprisingly easy. I tried to do some on my own before that and it was a nightmare (I had to turn off the +75% respawn time risk because my team was dying left and right). But it seems to mostly be about manipulating who the bomb thing targets (Hoshi with two healers on her :3)

(that said, seeing even more operators with modules I don't have in that video T_T Luckily none of them were necessary at all for this)

Warlock82 on
    hammered out the R18, had all the pieces for it so wasn't too bad.

still need to do the challenge missions.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    This is one of those CC's where I brought out Nian. Due to her absurd healthpool, she can tank being nuked better than Hoshiguma can.

Also Mudrock just solos the entire left side by herself EZ.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Feldorn
    Alright, all CC medals collected.

Now back to upgrading and mastering all the Operators that I'm honestly never going to use.

edited February 2023
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Alright, all CC medals collected.

Now back to upgrading and mastering all the Operators that I'm honestly never going to use.

Same, I actually did it relatively early this time around. That map was a pain in the ass but at least I managed to work out a solution to all the challenges (some of which basically turned everyone into tissue paper). Random side note - will always hate the stupid map that uses the white/black mechanic that shows up in rotation now. Bleh. Most other CC maps I can basically deal with based on a rough memory of where to put stuff and the fact that I'm not going for risk 18 anymore, but that one is always a huge PITA because of those stupid exploding things.

And yeah, I've been *kinda* trying to upgrade everyone but I feel like I'm always money starved in this game. Everything is stupidly expensive. Instead I try to at least get the 6*s and hopefully 5*s upgraded to e2 when they come out to stay on top of it. But there's a bunch that I just haven't had time for.

Honestly I really wanna work on more modules too but I'm always so busy. I swear every time I log in I notice a new operator with that little module square that I could try to go for. I'd at least like to get modules for the operators I actually use really frequently (I finally got Saria's... still need Bagpipe's and some others)

Warlock82 on
    I find that money isn't a problem if I'm only doing ~40 T3 Battle Records per day on whoever I'm leveling. The base keeps up on that for me. If you try and go fast you'll definitely run out. That's one of the ways they get you to spend so you can refresh sanity and progress faster.

If I get a 6* it's probably a couple weeks at least before they're E2 60 and working on an M3.

Regarding overall unit training, I'm getting close to my ongoing goal of clearing every Paradox stage after a bunch of recent additions slowed me down. I have Pinecone, April, and Vulcan's promotions yet to deal with.

https://youtu.be/L2hByBefJCo
    The ending has applied True Laughter Damage, so I'm dead now.

FeldornGreenbarons
    dh7q2g0aestd.png

ya this cc isn't fun, i'm just skipping it.

honestly i haven't enjoyed very many of the newer events, they feel like they always have a functionally predetermined solution because the enemies are designed in such a way to preclude almost any experimentation

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I did perma 18 and the daily maps, but didn't push further or even fuck with the perma map challenges at all

Part of it was just being too busy, but also I fucking hate Manfred as a boss enemy

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Knight_OrphaneFeldorn
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I was kinda worried about the announcement of "hey y'all we know you just finished up CC but HERE'S AN EVENT ONE DAY LATER LOL" but it turns out it's one of those mini-events with a mini-event store and you can get all the currency just from regular stages. And there's only 8 stages (w/CMs) and those are just one-and-dones. I had fun with my clears though, I got to bring out THE FULL POWER OF THE ABYSSAL HUNTERS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQm1MHBBFRY

I've been having so much fun doing Abyssalknights ever since I got all four up and running. I'm even considering investing into SpecAlter's 2nd Module HMMMMMMMM.........

(These event stages were really easy though, so I'm treating this as some well deserved downtime after the almost back-to-back CCs.....)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Feldorn
    edited March 2023
    So am I forgetting or have they not released a new operator in awhile? I feel like the last batch was the one with fancy Gavial in it (there may have been one or two free ones via events but those don't count :P I mean new banners specifically) My wallet is happy but I'm a bit surprised by this. I mean, heck they brought the summer event back and there doesn't even seem to be new outfits or operators which feels so odd to me (seems like usually they add some stuff on re-runs).

Warlock82 on
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So am I forgetting or have they not released a new operator in awhile? I feel like the last batch was the one with fancy Gavial in it (there may have been one or two free ones via events but those don't count :P I mean new banners specifically) My wallet is happy but I'm a bit surprised by this. I mean, heck they brought the summer event back and there doesn't even seem to be new outfits or operators which feels so odd to me (seems like usually they add some stuff on re-runs).

Yeah, CC didn't have anyone new, the rerun doesn't either. The new skin is this $30 Exia thing they're experimenting with.

edited March 2023

Yeah, CC didn't have anyone new, the rerun doesn't either. The new skin is this $30 Exia thing they're experimenting with.

Oh yeah, I forgot I already bought that :P But it's not beach themed so I didn't really think of it as part of the event. Yeah it's weird. I mostly noticed cuz I saw the splash art for the costumes and thought they were all new costumes, only to see I already owned them :P (though weirdly the art is original, not just the skins all collaged together... maybe they always do this and I've just never noticed :P I like Angelina's art in that picture better than the actual costume :D)

Side note, my paranoia on whether that was a new costume made me check my costume archive and realize I'm missing one now T_T It was a free reward for one of those events I didn't do cuz it was weird (I think one of the roguelike modes.. something during 3rd anniversary.. I have a hard time getting excited for them). Doh. Hope it comes back eventually. I don't like having the rando hole in my collection :P

Warlock82 on
    Pulled Fiammetta last night right before they changed the banners around. I didn't spend an outrageous amount of my bank and didn't buy any cash shop items, so I have to consider that a win. Hopefully there's enough time to regen before the next cool thing.

grabbed Rosa from the shop, not pulling on the banner though.

https://youtu.be/-_HeLFGCw7M
    At Aperture Science...

https://youtu.be/d-tSOGS-jTQ
    We do what we can...

https://youtu.be/yIhp7HuzHbU
    Because We Must.

(Starting Tuesday)

edited March 2023

I saw that banner and it confused me for a minute because it said the operator was "Poca" and I'm like, I don't remember having one named that. I thought this was Rosa but maybe it's someone who looks a lot like her?? Then I realized it was that weird Russian spelling they use for the bears (which is really weird in this case.. At least Zima looks like the same name but with a weird Z). But the way the banner lists it, it doesn't say Rosa at all (it only does if you click into her details page) so it really confused me :P

Warlock82 on

I saw that banner and it confused me for a minute because it said the operator was "Poca" and I'm like, I don't remember having one named that. I thought this was Rosa but maybe it's someone who looks a lot like her?? Then I realized it was that weird Russian spelling they use for the bears (which is really weird in this case.. At least Zima looks like the same name but with a weird Z). But the way the banner lists it, it doesn't say Rosa at all (it only does if you click into her details page) so it really confused me :P

It's Cyrillic, so a completely different writing alphabet than English

Warlock82Feldorn
    If you don't have Mountain get him from the shop.

Got Saga as my guarantee from the new banner so I'm out of rice and soybeans now.

EX 8 Challenge mode adds "more enemies", eh? So maybe another mech or something? Should be fine.

Dorothy
    https://youtu.be/c-JY5moHFfU

New event drops 3/31, will be your best chance to pull Mlynar. Twitter announce in spoiler.

I love the new Akafuyu skin.