As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I don't see anything wrong with the info I gave you. I just sent you a request myself.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with the info I gave you. I just sent you a request myself.

Honestly no idea why that didn't work, should be sorted now.

So with clue search stuff, I assume if I've got duplicates there's no reason for me not to pop over to your base and give you any you're looking for before throwing them away?

shoeboxjeddy
    So with clue search stuff, I assume if I've got duplicates there's no reason for me not to pop over to your base and give you any you're looking for before throwing them away?

Every morning, any Clue currency past 300 will deplete, leaving you at 300 exactly (or under that if you didn't make 300). Ideally, you want to trade away Dupe Clues to help people get their complete set, while not slowing the completion of your own sets. Giving away your dupes gives you a bit of currency, completing a set and waiting gives you more, and visiting 10 friends everyday gives you the most (since you can reliably do it every single day). So yeah, it is nice to help complete my set and I'll be doing the same as I notice the need.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    went in for ines because she seems cool and it would be nice to have a different vanguard strategy besides oops all flagpipe, and there's nobody else i want until typhon.

took... too many pulls, i was going to stop after the 2nd 6* but it went to 6* pity twice and i got two irene dupes, so then i was only like 25 away from the guarantee. didn't actually go to the pity, but was close. i did hilariously get saileach also on the last pull who was new, so i guess in the grand scheme of things it could have gone worse.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited November 2023
    i'm skipping this one, one fiddly so/so limited and one straight up terrible 6* to go with.

more interested in eyja alter or typhon.

edit: tho damn i think i might be out for 3 live 2d skins, the kalt'sit, chalter, and specter alter skins are all extremely good.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i'm skipping this one, one fiddly so/so limited and one straight up terrible 6* to go with.

more interested in eyja alter or typhon.

edit: tho damn i think i might be out for 3 live 2d skins, the kalt'sit, chalter, and specter alter skins are all extremely good.

Oh is the new 6* terrible? Haha.. I got two of them trying to pull for the limited which I still haven't gotten T_T (also another friggin' W which is like the only limited I actually had maxed already T_T But also a Rosmontis which was nice... still, new one plz game?). I figure for now I'll hold off spending anything more trying to get the limited since there's some free daily rolls and an event going on - maybe I can still get her.

Is the new Silence any good? I haven't messed around with her yet beyond upgrading her to e2 :3 I actually did all of the event stuff (at least what is currently available) which is early for me - usually I wait until the last minute :D haha... The investigation thingy this time is kinda weird.. I guess it's going to take awhile to complete it if we can only do two thingies per day for 20% each. It looks like that unlocks bonuses though when you complete it? I was looking up some videos to try and get some trust farms going and they had all these buffs on the left side they could pick from.

Edit: Oh and yes, the costumes are awesome. I bought all the animated ones. (though meanwhile one of the trust farm videos had a different costume for fancy Texas and I wants it! Grrr... it's all recorded on the Chinese servers I think so who knows when that's actually coming out here)

Edit 2: Oh, it JUST came out on the Chinese servers. Yuck, we probably won't see it for a year or something T_T https://gamepress.gg/arknights/skin/wingbreaker

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282

Some of these are a bit surprising. I've managed to pull Ho'ol, we'll see if I can get the other.

So this mining event thing, is it just completely random? With all the detailed description of its mechanics I thought I'd be needing to make use of that information to do it right, but it seems like you just click the survey button once a day, and you don't control what it does?

shoeboxjeddyKnight_
    So this mining event thing, is it just completely random? With all the detailed description of its mechanics I thought I'd be needing to make use of that information to do it right, but it seems like you just click the survey button once a day, and you don't control what it does?

Yep, just a daily login bonus with extra cruft added to it.
    https://youtu.be/iU9qCC1dP4Q?si=TrqM-MGZhtj1xgSK
    This is a very sweet character song (that you'll note was used in Wheels' video earlier).

edited November 2023
    it’s random but you’re guaranteed the highest reward once in each of the 3 phases

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    unfortunate, got a 6* from daily pulls and it was awful snake caster lady.

i don’t think i’d use the limited much since she seems more trouble than she’s worth but i’ll never ever use this one haha. can sit with mostima in the 6* caster trash pile i guess.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Is there a way to collect all four of your recruitments at once, or skip their operator intros? It feels like there has to be a better way to do this than clicking them one at a time and waiting until the text finishes displaying for each, but I can't find any buttons for it.

Is there a way to collect all four of your recruitments at once, or skip their operator intros? It feels like there has to be a better way to do this than clicking them one at a time and waiting until the text finishes displaying for each, but I can't find any buttons for it.

Unless I've been missing it for years, no. You can hit skip to get through the bag opening animation, but the text has to scroll before you're allowed to click out. They don't allow the speed up options from the story text either, for some reason.

Knight_
    edited November 2023
    shoeboxjeddy on
    Are there any 4 star units that are considered like, the pretty good-est ones that you should promote to elite ranks first, when you still don't have the dualchips to be promoting the 5 and 6 stars that you actually want?

edited December 2023
    Are there any 4 star units that are considered like, the pretty good-est ones that you should promote to elite ranks first, when you still don't have the dualchips to be promoting the 5 and 6 stars that you actually want?

The thing about great 4 stars is that they're usually great at E1. Kind of rare for a good 4 star to NEED E2. That having been said, the best 4 stars are:
    -Myrtle (basically one of the best units in the game)
    -Gummy
    -Perfumer
    -Vigna
    -Click
    -Ethan
    -Gravel
    -Cuora
    -Jaye

Out of those, Click is the best E2.

Edit: Correction, to get the blazing DP generation speed Myrtle is best known for, it IS necessary to bring her to E2 to train the skill, so in that way, she's the most important E2 of the lot. This is unusual, as usually you E2 for a new skill, new or improved talent, or the stats. Myrtle doesn't need any of those things, just access to skill training.

shoeboxjeddy on
    cB557
    I guess in a similar vein to that last question, are there any operators that just the best ones that I should plug into this kernel locating headhunting thing?

edited December 2023
    I'm not gonna figure out which Operators are in the Kernel or not, but good Ops to shoot for, if they're there:
    -Bagpipe (Vanguard, high DPS, low cost)
    -Surtr (Guard, ground only DPS)
    -SilverAsh or Mylnar (Guards, burst DPS in a wide area)
    -Blaze or Gavial Alter (Guard, Multi-block/multi-attack)
    -Mountain (Guard, High Defense, self heal, line holding)
    -Exusiai (Sniper, Burst Anti-air)
    -Ch'en Alter (Sniper, Close range DPS + Slow)
    -Saria (Defender, Healing)
    -Hoshiguma or Mudrock (Defender, self reliant, line holding)
    -Kal'tsit (Medic, But actually a Summoner)
    -Eyjafjalla or Goldenglow (Casters, Very high DPS)
    -Skadi Alter (Supporter, Heal + attack buff in wide area)
    -Suzuran (Supporter, Slow + weaken enemy)

Edit: I forgot, Thorns and Lappland are super good too. Guards that fight with range and close up. Thorns poisons and self heals, Lappland hits with Silence, so they're actually competitive with each other.

shoeboxjeddy on
    cB557Warlock82
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna figure out which Operators are in the Kernel or not, but good Ops to shoot for, if they're there:
    -Bagpipe (Vanguard, high DPS, low cost)
    -Surtr (Guard, ground only DPS)
    -SilverAsh or Mylnar (Guards, burst DPS in a wide area)
    -Blaze or Gavial Alter (Guard, Multi-block/multi-attack)
    -Mountain (Guard, High Defense, self heal, line holding)
    -Exusiai (Sniper, Burst Anti-air)
    -Ch'en Alter (Sniper, Close range DPS + Slow)
    -Saria (Defender, Healing)
    -Hoshiguma or Mudrock (Defender, self reliant, line holding)
    -Kal'tsit (Medic, But actually a Summoner)
    -Eyjafjalla or Goldenglow (Casters, Very high DPS)
    -Skadi Alter (Supporter, Heal + attack buff in wide area)
    -Suzuran (Supporter, Slow + weaken enemy)

Edit: I forgot, Thorns and Lappland are super good too. Guards that fight with range and close up. Thorns poisons and self heals, Lappland hits with Silence, so they're actually competitive with each other.

Just from personal experience - the operators I personally use the most (tho all of the above are really good) are:
    -Surtr (just like, nuts good)
    -Thorns (really kinda broken)
    -Blaze
    -Saria
    -Eyjafjalla
    -Exusiai
    -Hoshiguma
    -Mountain
    -Bagpipe

Couple others you left off that I use quite a bit too and see in a lot of guides:
    -Ifrit (she's crazy great still)
    -Nightingale (really really good AOE healer)
    -Shining (one of the best single target healers + gives shield :3)

I also still really like Siege as a vanguard but there's certainly other options (but she's fun :3). For 5*, both Ptilopsis and Texas are also quite good. Ptilopsis is one of (or just is?) the best AOE medics in the game. And of course Lappland, tho I don't see her in guides as often these days.

It's also worth trying to build up a Mulberry/Honeyberry if you can (either one works, tho I think Mulberry is technically better?). Their healing is really useful for those maps that have the abyss debuff thingy which I'm seeing a lot these days ever since they introduced it. I'm probably wrong about this but I think they're some of the only characters that can clear it? I know Honeyberry used to be available for red certs - I dunno if she still is or if you can get her another way. I forget where Mulberry is from :3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    shoeboxjeddy
    https://youtu.be/DxuywTtvLWE?si=eqta0j1nPH0Uc7vq
    https://youtu.be/y3apI-b2ask?si=lDC8lwh6pCxjBTRm
    Episodes 5 and 6, with 5 answering a question about something I've wondered for a long while. What does Popukar's recruitment quote mean?

I've been using Whisperain as my default medic lately. Partly just because I have no 6 star healers and she's one of the two five stars I have. But she's a therapist so she's easy to use, and she's got that powered up state and trait that make up for the worse base numbers that being a therapist gets her. And that powered up state is pretty easy to reach, as long as I'm not really delaying in getting her out she's basically always in it by the time waves have escalated to the point where you'd need it.
    Has me wondering, what are some other medics that fit in that sort of probably not optimal, but don't make you think too hard niche?

I've been using Whisperain as my default medic lately. Partly just because I have no 6 star healers and she's one of the two five stars I have. But she's a therapist so she's easy to use, and she's got that powered up state and trait that make up for the worse base numbers that being a therapist gets her. And that powered up state is pretty easy to reach, as long as I'm not really delaying in getting her out she's basically always in it by the time waves have escalated to the point where you'd need it.
    Has me wondering, what are some other medics that fit in that sort of probably not optimal, but don't make you think too hard niche?

My first 6 star was Shining, so I've literally never had to think too hard on the Medic front. I'm not sure where your freebie status is, but if you could get a "Wandering" Medic up, you'd appreciate having them for later. An odd bit about Medics is that a 5 star (Ptlopsis) is pretty handily one of the best... and then most of the other 5 stars aren't worth bothering with, it's like they got mad that happened one time.

Feldorn
    https://youtu.be/DaFXA2PgPEE?si=zBmu1bMJwN4Y1a0e
    https://youtu.be/uDZWKRqWQQI?si=Xu_uHEX-F1_fcDrO
    Episodes 9 and 10, delivered shortly into the Holiday Forum's tenure.

Tomorrow is an event repeat.

i didn’t do any of this event; couldn’t bring myself to care because holidays and the mechanics were mega annoying

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    i didn’t do any of this event; couldn’t bring myself to care because holidays and the mechanics were mega annoying

I didn't even start it, paradoxically because I really wanted to take my time and read it since Guiding Ahead was so good.

But then holidays happened and, eh, I'll catch the eventual rerun

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    ph blake wrote: »

I didn't even start it, paradoxically because I really wanted to take my time and read it since Guiding Ahead was so good.

Play the events first, then read at leisure, they save into the archive. Or don't, but then this can happen.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Play the events first, then read at leisure, they save into the archive. Or don't, but then this can happen.

I have brain worms where I hate doing this cause then the stages feel even more disconnected from the story than normal

Like I did it for Lone Trail, but also hated it so I swore I would read this one before farming it (and then that never happend, lmao)

7h8wnycre6vs.png

I have brain worms where I hate doing this cause then the stages feel even more disconnected from the story than normal

Like I did it for Lone Trail, but also hated it so I swore I would read this one before farming it (and then that never happend, lmao)

I used to feel the same way, but I kept rushing my playtime of events and feeling way too pressed for time (you can play a stage on a 15 minute break from work, you can't safely read some of these novellas in that time). Trying to force the readings made it feel way more like work. So I started just playing and saving the reading for later.

But... to be honest I'm also now SUPER behind in the readings, which is kind of regrettable, but I still enjoy just improving my roster and playing all the content. So it's not that big of a problem, all the stuff is there for me to read when I ever feel like doing it.

Speaking of events, I assume these reruns I see coming up periodically are reruns of past events? So if I miss an event or don't complete it, I can just wait for a rerun to come around?

Speaking of events, I assume these reruns I see coming up periodically are reruns of past events? So if I miss an event or don't complete it, I can just wait for a rerun to come around?

Yep, they do reruns to catch up newcomers and not force such a brutal dev churn of all new content (the latter is my presumption). Playing the rerun for the first time gets you all the important rewards you missed, replaying it gives you a nice chunk of easy to receive resources.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Got no time to do story stuff if events are constantly running with shops to clear.

Though I might have an easier time with this one as long as there's no goddamn lemming civilians yeeting themselves into pits because I have no DP to plug the holes on account of one set of enemies locking my maximum DP and another set constantly stealing it

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Huh, I somehow managed to grab Ebenholz in 6 single rolls while not expecting anything much, so that should definitely help my caster needs for now. He is my third 6 star already too (while counting starter 6 star banner), despite me playing only for 12 days by now, so it seems I am pretty lucky all things considered.