As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Game is up!
    Fastest draw in the west; 3 10-pulls netted me my first 6* operator, which was Bagpipe! Got it in one!
    This is the first time I've been able to do this; voila!
    80v6r23.jpg

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Boo. Zima dupe.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    1 10 pull, 1 bagpipe. Woot. Now I just gotta figure out what else I'm saving for/when will be the best time to through shit at maybe pulling down Che'en.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Blue bags three times in a row, I'm not counting the guaranteed 5* of the first considering it only came on the tenth single. Oh boy that was a great start.

Fourth bag came out burning, braced for disappointment and cranked up Scotland the Brave. Six star silhouette appears and...Bagpipe get!

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    My pity was bagpipe. First time I’ve ever pulled a unit I wanted from their release banner lol

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    got her on my first 1 pull
    J3RU8uR.png?1
    RSa7H9a.png?1

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    aGPR959.jpg?1

I may have gone full stupid. Got her in my first 10 role, then decided to go all in anyways cause I really, really want that improved talent (Vanguard spam is very fun). Had to buy one pack, and I am of course completely tapped out on OP for the upcoming W/Weedy banner, but eh, I'm happy.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I decided to pull on the new banner since I'm definitely going to get Siege, so it would (have been) nice to save on yellow certs if possible. Welp, that was a waste anyway, 10 pulls got me Provence potential (literally the worst possible on banner pick for me) and nothing else. Ah well, Siege is mine anyway, thanks to yellow certs. Hopefully those 10 pulls don't screw me when it's Bagpipe time.

Well, well, well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions. 25 or 26 pulls in, I've gotten a full potential Utage (starting from not even having her), 1 Platinum potential (nice), and 1 Aestesia potential (also nice). Zero Bagpipes, and Annihilation is depleted for the week. Looks like I can spend two weeks more of weekly card and Annihilation before dipping into my org primes...

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Pull 1 - Sora dupe
    Pull 2 - Skyfire...
    Pull 3 (I was close to pity so I went for it) - Shining dupe... :cry:

Well, I'm not getting Bagpipe right now, but I have P4 Utage as a consolation.

ph blake wrote: »
    I may have gone full stupid. Got her in my first 10 role, then decided to go all in anyways cause I really, really want that improved talent (Vanguard spam is very fun). Had to buy one pack, and I am of course completely tapped out on OP for the upcoming W/Weedy banner, but eh, I'm happy.

I'm debating whether I want to do likewise for the improved talent. Apparently in a future CC you can get 4 Royal Vanguard insignias, so that's +1 free potential and I can spend a week or two farming red certs in a dry period to buy another 4, so if I want to wait a bit, I only need to pull two more. But Weedy/W could be only like 1-2 months away.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    11 damn pulls.

GuWhZYN.jpg

But I was prepared to receive her.

M3 is in progress and will just take time. I already have the mats.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Please don't drain me before the special anniversary limited I need to eat

Single 1 - Utage
    Single 3 - 4*
    Single 4 - 4*
    Single 6 - 4*
    Single 9 - 4*
    Single 10 - Zima P2

(I have not been having good luck with those recently)

Roll 1 - Sesa

That's nice, go in the back, thanks

Roll 2 - Firewatch P4, Zima P3, Texas P2, Reed

what the...oh hey welcome. I guess Vanguardknights is really being setup here but sheesh, you're coming at an awkward time...

Roll 3 - 4*
    Roll 4 - Sesa P2
    Roll 5 -
    YB3rmi6l.jpg
    Sesa P3, Bagpipe

Yay, relatively reasonable

V7Nf9H6l.jpg

And now, the wait begins...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I went ham on this banner. Irish redhead in a kilt named Bagpipe? Yes please.

Went 9 11 pulls and like 5-6 single pulls but eventually got her.

During that time frame I got a dupe Magellan, a dupe Blaze, and a dupe Aak for 6*. I also got a dupe Texas, dupe Sora, dupe Pramanix x2, dupe Zima x4, Leizi, Sesa, dupe Reed, and a few other dupe 4*s I still needed a couple of potentials on. Utage and Ambriel got full potential from this banner.

I've got 10 headhunting permits left with 4200 Originum and 15 Prime left that I could've spent. Didn't completely tap myself out but almost did. Had been saving for Bagpipe for awhile.

edited September 2020
    Alright, probably regret it later, but I went for it.
    20 more pulls, next 6* appears -> Bagpipe #2

Now I have enough to buy out all the yellow cert tickets, so the next set is about 50% free.

50 more pulls, next 6* appears -> Bagpipe #3

Success. Now I can slowly work on getting a billion red certs to buy out 4 royal vanguard insignia. And then when next CC rolls around, I can get her second talent passive.
    Still have just under 30,000 worth of orundum in prime materials, so that's a decent carry-over. And since the next banner I care for should be W/Weedy which is limited time, there's no need to build up mercy, so I think I'm just going to put pause on the standard pool banners for awhile to save up faster.

Lorek on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    I went ham on this banner. Irish redhead in a kilt named Bagpipe? Yes please.

*Scotland the Brave intensifies*

Barely squeaked 8 in the daily. I need to m3 Saria

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Barely squeaked 8 in the daily. I need to m3 Saria

That wouldn't save you against all those slugs. I tried a bunch of options with ground operators but in the end had to finish with an all ranged + fast redeploy team.

edited September 2020
    unless i'm missing something, can't say i like the new daily system at all because of the unnecessary gating making you have to do every map like 3 times
    it's tedious, not interesting, and i fail to see what purpose it serves at all

Orphane on
    I did all melee and eyja. It was scary.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I think that once you unlock a contract it's unlocked for good, so you only have to unlock whichever new contracts come out each day, but I can't be sure.

My risk 8 clear was kinda scuffed cause I brought the wrong tag/team combination, but it still worked out cause Silverash is Very Fair.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Here's my Day 1:
    https://youtu.be/Jl4YTOULEJg

Deliberately no Silverash at least

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited September 2020
    Meyer+Magellan E2s is amusing for limited deployments, just have nonstop suicide bots.

-80% operator HP is dumb though, need to think about that one.

Edit: Up to 6 on the clear... and I've got Bibeak max potential purchased after going to 6 on the permanent stage. Probably stopping there for now.

Polaritie on
    Cleared the daily challenge 8 by the skin of my teeth. Woo I forgot how much fun CC is.
    Knocked out all the contracts in some form or another on the permanent map, so now I just need to hit the challenge mission combos and get a risk 18 going.
    Think I need to push Saria out the wazoo.. every easy risk 18 clear I've checked out so far seems like it's level 90 SilverAsh and Saria and I can only borrow one of those, so I'll have to grind the levels up on one of them.

I need to grind a few more levels on Nian I think, or wait for this Nearl skill 1 mastery to finish before I clear risk 18. Bottom lane is fine (though I do need to borrow either a siege or bagpipe cause my Texas just doesn't do enough damage), but top lane my Nian just barely dies to the last two rockbreaker leaders every time. Could also try delaying her last skill 2 activation, maybe? I dunno, nearly there at least.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Oh yeah, I could definitely afford to sink more levels into my OP units here.

I won't be able to E2 Blaze before this is over probably. I did get E2 on Blue Poison recently, since she scales nicely with mastery ranks.

I really wish I had a Myrtle around. E2 Zima might be helpful to grab for these, just for that passive vanguard deployment speed.

hhCwHvih.jpg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited September 2020
    AEFEuCI.png?1

also:

she cronch ur rocks like nobody

Orphane on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Haven't done the main stage yet. Was too tired to start, but did get Risk 10 on the daily. It was a fun challenge to figure out different comps with as I came close multiple times.

dgV8aYR.png

Also, Bagpipe is a strong unit.

Edit: Was asked elsewhere to record it so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmz_jCDctDo&feature=youtu.be

vagrant_winds on
    MDNJjYEl.jpg

Best I can do at the moment.

I don't have a crazy maxed Saria and I don't have Hoshiguma, which very quickly narrows my solution space.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    5Pvv1jv.jpg?1

I spent all day tinkering with a Blaze DPS comp using a friend Bagpipe, spent like 500 sanity and stayed up for 5 hours waiting on Nearl's mastery 1 to finish cause I was 100% sure that would solve my top lane issues and I could clear, then realized that I had refreshed the Support List earlier when I was experimenting with the the daily stage and whoops, no more Bagpipes or Sieges to be found, no matter how much I refreshed. Said fuck it and went with the push comp instead.

MVP was surprisingly Texas. I had her blocking for FEater in the tile just top left of the push square, and from there you could time her stun to hit pushed up enemies just as they were leaving the safe tile into the fire tile. Relieved a whole lot of pressure on Saria during some of those annoying agent waves once I got the timing down.

Still gonna try for a clear with the blaze comp tomorrow, and then maybe see about pushing higher risk? I dunno, that will probably have to wait till week two cause those rockbreaker tags are terrifying.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Nevermind I lied, this is the best I can do.

8S0dAYYl.jpg

I -think- I can hit 18 off a different risk I need to unlock but I need more tokens.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    started working on M3 for Saria S1.

I've tried risk 18 quite a few times with various strats but I'm always short on healing once the Agents start coming out.

edited September 2020
    HRLlfZP.jpg?1

I was right, m1 Nearl made my original strat into a comfortable clear. Bagpipe can be replaced with a skill 2 m1 Siege, it works just as well. Much easier to execute than the push strat too, just plop everyone down and watch Blaze go brrrrrr. I'll see if I can figure out something for a Risk 19 clear before week 2 starts, but I think I'm gonna focus on just farming rocks for my own bagpipe for now.

I'm really close to a r14 clear on the daily map too, but I don't think i'll quite make it. Probably need Silverash at mastery 3 for this helidrop strat to work, right now my Blaze is taking a bit too much incidental damage from the early slugs before TSS charges up.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Need skill training to go faster. Bagpipe should be finished her S3 M3 tonight and I can finally put Saria in and knock out M2/M3 of her S1.
    Hopefully that should give me the edge I need to beat risk 18.

Damn, these 6* skill mastery costs are ridonk.

I think I'll try and grab a Blaze support and give it a shot, see if I can handle it with that.

New CC map is interesting. As expected it takes away all the good ranged deployment spots for that challenge, which makes it harder to just stack up AoEs over the defense buff square (that is also a perfect chokepoint!).

Got a 6 on it easily enough... not sure I feel like doing an 8 for those slightly higher rewards.

edited September 2020
    Risk 8 for the daily went fairly smooth, ended up taking the ban 6 tiles + only 3 roadblocks risks and just kinda moving my risk 0 setup back a bit from the defense tile. Ceobe skill 1 bullied the hell out of the poor possessed soldiers, Blaze took care of the rest with medic support while Saria tanked the throwers.

Hilariously enough, the rank 3 challenge (all enemies have +110% HP) ended up being way harder, even at just risk 3. Everything went to complete shit at the end, had to resort to roadblock cheese + throwing out sacrifical bodies to stall out the last possessed leader + throwers.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Logged back in to pull Bagpipe easily and also grab Siege with gold certs. No big deal.

BahamutZERO.gif
    And today's daily:
    https://youtu.be/viAmd4iWZt4

Took another couple attempts at Risk 18 on the perma to no avail. Had to use alternate strats because I couldn't find a Hoshi in support with the right skill in my refreshes. May just wait for Week 2.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Max Risk 14 Daily. Fun times!

BbLES9p.png

Volcano finally made a comeback after using Eyja's S2 for so long.