As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a limited time deal. It'll come around again with a new set of maps down the line.

It's basically the hard-mode event though, so if you can't clear stuff I wouldn't get too frustrated with it.

I haven't even really looked at it. I still haven't managed to 400/400 on annihilation 3.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a limited time deal. It'll come around again with a new set of maps down the line.

It's basically the hard-mode event though, so if you can't clear stuff I wouldn't get too frustrated with it.

I haven't even really looked at it. I still haven't managed to 400/400 on annihilation 3.

I haven't either, I just live with a slightly lower weekly cap and farm 2. I probably could by now, but it's miserable to play one of those manually.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    One Daily Max Risk to close it out with a good old return to Guardknights in a familiar stage.

0IB0L7Y.jpg

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Basic risk 8 on the daily
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_iq7v4Hwb8

I like my LR setup so much more on this map so I didn't bother fucking around much

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    don't forget to claim your Barrenland boxes now that it's done

69hSXbN.png?1

the reward for due diligence etc.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    You got way luckier than me with those boxes....

• Options

oh can they drop stuff lower than blue? i just assumed blue mats were guaranteed
    i'm specifically talking about the ones that came from the Operation Protocols or w/e the Yellow Tokens that you got 2 of per day were, not the normal boxes you get from clearing the daily

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

oh can they drop stuff lower than blue? i just assumed blue mats were guaranteed
    i'm specifically talking about the ones that came from the Operation Protocols or w/e the Yellow Tokens that you got 2 of per day were, not the normal boxes you get from clearing the daily

Oh I didn't even know about those. Nom nom nom.

• Options

Oh, okay. You have to go back into the expired CC menu to get them.

There's also a no reward rotating training stage.

• Options

Oh I didn't even know about those. Nom nom nom.

yes, that's why I specifically called them Barrenland boxes since they're different

anyways

So Children of Ursus confirmed and they're definitely messing with mini event order
    On the one hand this means we aren't getting Shamare
    On the other hand it means we're getting Absinthe, who is our lord and savior of clues
    pgcqabqgntor.png

• Options
    And she's the freebie, more importantly.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    With E2 Istina I'm not impressed.

• Options
    Rosa's cool. A super long ranger sniper focused entirely on heavy and heavy armored enemies.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Rosa's cool. A super long ranger sniper focused entirely on heavy and heavy armored enemies.

Her second talent has more targets than Skadi's too :P.

She has a unique attack range too. Seems interesting. That first talent though is the kicker...

Polaritie on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Where are those boxes from?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Where are those boxes from?

Go to combat, and hit the grayed out selection for Contingency Contract.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Well, I'm pretty disappointed to have missed Bagpipe, but I learned my lesson on spending cash after Ch'en. I did get lucky with Blaze off banner, so maybe I'll see her later on. In better news, I came out of CC with three new E2's: Saria, Blaze, and as of today Ptilopsis. Hoshiguma and her new skin that I like more all the time is next, but I have essentially very little lined up for her yet. Just the Defender chips and not much else right now, honestly.

• Options
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the Ursus units all have a good aesthetic going.

Probably doing Warfarin E2 next. Then... Liskarm or Hoshiguma? I dunno.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    So my short time playing this game I've come to the conclusion that I should save my gold coins and origami for events and when those guaranteed rates are up. Is that a fair assessment?

• Options
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    So my short time playing this game I've come to the conclusion that I should save my gold coins and origami for events and when those guaranteed rates are up. Is that a fair assessment?
    Presuming you mean Orundum and Originite Prime, that's a personal decision. Standard banners will let you fill in on previously released 6*s, most of which are still at the top of the game. Limited banners will be your best bet for acquiring the brand new operators, which can vary in quality, though you can still get spooked by off-banner units fairly frequently.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Presuming you mean Orundum and Originite Prime, that's a personal decision. Standard banners will let you fill in on previously released 6*s, most of which are still at the top of the game. Limited banners will be your best bet for acquiring the brand new operators, which can vary in quality, though you can still get spooked by off-banner units fairly frequently.

I see, so maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

When I started playing, the event had multiple 'guaranteed 5 or more star in 10 rolls' thing. Is this common for events? It seemed like a good way to min/max high tier characters, which is what I was thinking about saving for.

• Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

I see, so maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

When I started playing, the event had multiple 'guaranteed 5 or more star in 10 rolls' thing. Is this common for events? It seemed like a good way to min/max high tier characters, which is what I was thinking about saving for.
    Every single banner, standard or otherwise, on release has Guaranteed 5*+ in the first 10 pulls. Some people will only do this G5 for a new banner and try to save currency for specific targets. And some people with good or old accounts will even start skipping G5s on standard banners to be able to target only new characters.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Still a continuing mistranslation

They were high schoolers

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    God damnit English Arknights.

But yeah, continuing confusion of the same characters meaning two different ages of schools in Chinese and Japanese.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    That's good to know, it changes my impression of how old that group is meant to be.

• Options
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So there's some actual farming you can do for this event:

SV-6 drops Oriron Cluster. ~38 sanity per drop instead of 50. There is a later event that will do all the way down to 27 sanity though, so no need to go crazy here.
    SV-7 drops Coagulating Gels. ~45 sanity per drop instead of the usual 62. So far, this is the best place to get them that even the CN server has seen so far.

• Options
    It's nice hitting the guarantee on the 2nd draw, but Leonhardt is uninteresting for me.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    got Rosa in 50 pulls but uh all the suspense was taken out of it because I got a medal for acquiring X# of Operators before I even opened the bag and I had already gotten the other 2 new ops lmao

also why are the event medals small
    fl7247pkf7x4.png

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    p.s. the stories from this event are ...not light hearted if you didn't hear about it
    everybody trauma tonight

Orphane on
  • Options
    I am still so annoyed as the mistranslated school age.

• Options
    Trying for Rosa...

Single 1 - Podenco
    Single 2 - Leonhardt

wait that's never happened before
    oh no
    okay, that can't be a jinx, right?

Roll 1 - Leonhardt P2
    Roll 2 - Platinum P3, Leonhardt P3
    Roll 3 - Istina P3
    Roll 4 - Istina P4
    Roll 5 - Leonhardt P4, Leonhardt P5

what the hell are these rolls...very strange from what I'm used to. Not really complaining, but don't usually hit 5*s that back to back and the rate-up...

Roll 6 -
    tjp1tnHl.jpg
    Rosa

Eyyyyyyy! Just as I hit pity. Slightly more than I had budgeted but that's still good. Actually did pretty okay here.

DoCEC1rl.jpg

And there we go. Masteries are going to take a bit, unfortunately.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    CV-4 is a neat map.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    dcBQLpR.png?1

factory autorefill and auto trading post turn in is such a huge QOL

Orphane on
  • Options
    Worked backwards, here's my stab at the SV-7 CM:
    https://youtu.be/4ULaa0wmKCc

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Farming mastery mats while I wait for passive base LMD to e2 Angelina

Fuck me I need so many grindstones; I hate farming these things so much cause I seem to have the worst luck ever with them.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    SV-4 challenge mode is uhhhh how the fuck do you do that

I'm asking here to acknowledge my weakness before I go look up a video for it

oh right, cheap snipers at the start. And a pusher+puller. I never remember the shifter units.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SV-4 challenge mode is uhhhh how the fuck do you do that

I'm asking here to acknowledge my weakness before I go look up a video for it

oh right, cheap snipers at the start. And a pusher+puller. I never remember the shifter units.

if it's the one with the lancers, you can literally pack most of your dps, including any melee, aimed at the one jetstream which will slow all the enemies following the path and just make a killbox there
    a supporter can help slow them but in general many of the enemies don't have that much health