As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How are they doing this?

KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
I was wondering about how they are doing PAX Online. Are some of the panels going to recorded from the convention center? Is the concert in the theater?

Is some of this pre-recorded? Thoughts?

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I would be surprised if they'd be recorded from the convention center. I think it's going to be more of a bunch of Zoom call recordings for the panels. There will probably be some live ones, like with Q&As

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    https://online.paxsite.com/schedule
    Looks like some things will be on twitch, based on that schedule. There's also going to be an official discord server. Not sure if content will exist within discord or not.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I'm real interested to see what's up in the discord server.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Looks like other than the Arena having Tony Hawk the entire time, the tournament schedule is completely blank. Is that accurate? I know via their Instagram post they're doing an MTG tournament.

Will there be some sort of online version of stuff like the various puzzle game tournaments (or smash or mariokart etc) or is that just too much a pain in this format?

steam_sig.png
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Looks like other than the Arena having Tony Hawk the entire time, the tournament schedule is completely blank. Is that accurate? I know via their Instagram post they're doing an MTG tournament.

Will there be some sort of online version of stuff like the various puzzle game tournaments (or smash or mariokart etc) or is that just too much a pain in this format?

I'm super wondering about this too. I have loved doing PAX Arena, that has been some of the best highlights of going to PAX for me (did Rocket League and Apex Legends last year, Overwatch in the past).

Also, to me it doesn't look like Tony Hawk is the entire time, looks like it's just 2-5pm on Tuesday the 15th.

I hope they plan on really filling this up with great stuff that we can participate in.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • xx3nvyxxxx3nvyxx Registered User new member
    Tournaments are on the tournament schedule page. You can find the link at the bottom of the Features page. Most of the descriptions indicate they will be organized via discord
    To join, come to the PAX Online Discord Server and join the #pc-competitive channel.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The Acquisitions Incorporated stuff starts on Friday at 9pm Central on PAX Online.

Took me a while to find it.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    xx3nvyxx wrote: »
    Tournaments are on the tournament schedule page. You can find the link at the bottom of the Features page. Most of the descriptions indicate they will be organized via discord
    To join, come to the PAX Online Discord Server and join the #pc-competitive channel.

Ah, okay, it was literally empty when I posted that but it appears to have been updated since. That or my phone just failed to load the content the first time.

steam_sig.png
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    OtyHMcu.jpg
    Krathoon wrote: »
    The Acquisitions Incorporated stuff starts on Friday at 9pm Central on PAX Online.

Took me a while to find it.

Correction. That is next Friday. Not this one. PAX Online starts on this Saturday.

edited September 2020
    Krathoon on
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I'm actually digging this so far. Was able to stream a lot of stuff on my phone while I did chores and there's not awkward wait times between content. A lot of the stuff so far is fun and informative.