As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You must pay $60 to read the same arguments in the [Nintendo] thread

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    is Rise just another MonHun-ass MonHun or is it a weird spinoff title with a different gameplay style

it's deffo mon hun ass

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I am so unironically excited for Fitness Boxing 2. I took a chance on the original as something that might make confined exercise work for me during the quarantine and I’ve used it at least five times a week over the last two months and it has definitely contributed to my weight loss during that time.

My biggest complaints about the original were the workout customization options were abysmal-to-nonexistent, and the song selection got incredibly repetitive, and it looks like they said straight up that both of those are being addressed in the sequel so yeah, absolutely my biggest yay of the presentation

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    balan wonderworld out in march, sick

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I am so unironically excited for Fitness Boxing 2. I took a chance on the original as something that might make confined exercise work for me during the quarantine and I’ve used it at least five times a week over the last two months and it has definitely contributed to my weight loss during that time.

My biggest complaints about the original were the workout customization options were abysmal-to-nonexistent, and the song selection got incredibly repetitive, and it looks like they said straight up that both of those are being addressed in the sequel so yeah, absolutely my biggest yay of the presentation

Is it worth picking up Fitness Boxing 1? I'm using the Ring Fit a few days a week to keep active and it's starting to get a little repetitive (according to the game, I've played it for about 95 days).

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    It looks like a normal MH, but with some extra movement mechanics and a dog you can ride around.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    MonHun Rise being only 6 months out is real good, World is getting its final update later this month so by the time that's all wrapped up it'll only be a few short months before we get to do it all over again.

Rise does look like it's taking a lot from World, the Wirebug is very similar to the slinger + clutch claw, a lot of the moves introduced in World like the Dragon Piercer make their return, Turf Wars seem to be back, and they're not returning to the sectioned-off Zones on the map.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Cross-save not being at launch has put me in an odd position with Hades

I wanna play it so bad, but do I wanna start over? I’m only like 8 hours into the PC version

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Is it worth picking up Fitness Boxing 1? I'm using the Ring Fit a few days a week to keep active and it's starting to get a little repetitive (according to the game, I've played it for about 95 days).

The rush to repetitiveness is definitely one of the biggest problems with FB1, but instead of making any kind of pro/con pitch I will simply say you can download a free three day demo of the game. You only get to try out some of the punch maneuvers with the demo, but the full version also has stuff like ducking and weaving, step rhythms, etc.

I would say give it a try at a minimum, but I believe the full version of the game is something like 30, $40. Unless you desperately want something new right now, it seems like the irrefutably better version of the game coming out in eight weeks might be worth waiting for.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

The rush to repetitiveness is definitely one of the biggest problems with FB1, but instead of making any kind of pro/con pitch I will simply say you can download a free three day demo of the game. You only get to try out some of the punch maneuvers with the demo, but the full version also has stuff like ducking and weaving, step rhythms, etc.

I would say give it a try at a minimum, but I believe the full version of the game is something like 30, $40. Unless you desperately want something new right now, it seems like the irrefutably better version of the game coming out in eight weeks might be worth waiting for.

Thanks! I still need to beat Ring Fit adventure mode and dig into things like New Game+ and creating my own workouts, so I can wait on Fitness Boxing 2. I need it primarily for cardio and core, and less for weight loss, but it does look cool based on the videos.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    is Rise just another MonHun-ass MonHun or is it a weird spinoff title with a different gameplay style

Rise is very much "Monster Hunter World Portable (edition)", if I had to take a solid guess. It's the Switch's version of World, scaled down to that platform and doing a bit of its own thing.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Oh shit, Hades is out today!! I've been waiting for full release, I'm PRETTY HYPE. Downloading on Switch now!!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    H0b0man wrote: »
    It looks like a normal MH, but with some extra movement mechanics and a dog you can ride around.

Dog seems like an iteration on the monster riding from Iceborne, just now its your own adorable pooch.

And then there's a sequel to the riding monsters game announced right after :P.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I'm really interested in the aerial grapple bug in Rise.

I really liked the Aerial Style in MH4, when used with Greatswords.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The dog also fights alongside you

In single-player you can bring along two companions: a Palico and a Palamute or a pair of either. Palico are support-focused while Palamutes are attack-focused, fighting with weapons they hold in their mouths

Rise looks like a hoot

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Palamutes are descendants of Repede, the goodest knife-weilding boy

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    OK, cool trailer, but what is Empire of Sin? I still don't know.

Gangster XCOM

It's also made by John Romero and one of the characters is based off his great-grandma who owned/ran three brothels in Mexico.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Palamutes are descendants of Repede, the goodest knife-weilding boy

Yeah, I noticed that there was a definite Repede look going on there. That tail is just straight up Repede.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular

those switch pro rumors are heating up again

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    those disgaea 6 character models sure do look lifeless

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    those disgaea 6 character models sure do look lifeless

you can't just say zombies look lifeless, shorty!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Disgaea 5 remains my most played game on Switch (yes, even more than Zelda) and I loved it but I'll have to ponder 6. Seeing 5 again briefly just gave me an immediate comparison to its character designs that I prefer, and those games also have The Most mechanics, so it's a deep rabbit hole to fall into.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Aha!

I know precisely what that game is.

• Options
    borschevskyborschevsky Registered User regular
    Midnite wrote: »

those switch pro rumors are heating up again
    That date is also less than a week from when the Mario games are getting pulled.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    any reports on how Hades runs on Switch?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    with his leges

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    any reports on how Hades runs on Switch?

Just played a bit and it seems to run perfectly smoothly!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter Rise is gonna have Nintendo tie-in costumes, innit

That's a thing that's going to happen, we might get Fire Emblem costumes or Zelda costumes

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Thats usually the case yes

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    god damn it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Hades has some fucking style, I tell you what.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    i'm probably gonna get hades soon, I mostly ignored it on pc because I just dont play a lot on my pc and I havent been super into most supergiant stuff

but this looks gud/my jam

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Monster Hunter Rise is gonna have Nintendo tie-in costumes, innit

That's a thing that's going to happen, we might get Fire Emblem costumes or Zelda costumes

With the Palamute I think Zelda is a given at tge very least

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    3D All Stars is here! Mario 64 looks nice. They smoothed it out a little but not so much that it loses detail. It's a shame they haven't added a full right stick camera control option though, it feels weird that that doesn't work when you try. It does move the camera but only in the set increments of the original.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Make sure you save after cutscenes in Sunshine. They're unskippable.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    [Black&White 10th Anniversary Image]

Still my favourite Gen.

And Black&White2's Habitat List is one feature that I'll always complain about being dropped. It was so useful to a player who likes to catch all the pokemon in an area before progressing.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am enjoying revisiting Mario 64 for the first time in a long while for me, but fuck man I was not ready to be faced with that goddamn eel so soon

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.