As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You must pay $60 to read the same arguments in the [Nintendo] thread

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Sony has by far the best controllers out of the current generation

Never been a fan of the analog stick placement that Xbox and Nintendo use

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    BahamutZEROMadicanTox
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Dualshock was bad until the PS4

I love the dualsense but I get why some people think it's too big and clunky

ShortyFrem
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any experience with the third party wireless SNES controllers that are supposed to work with the SNES classic? I currently have the console hooked up to my computer monitor, but I'd like to swap it over to my TV

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I prefer the symmetrical stick placement to having them offset and as someone who's only console growing up was a n64, I didn't have any predisposition towards one or the other.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    aside from the joycons, the duke, and the jaguar, I've never had a problem with a game controller

I will say I prefer gamecube, PSO, wiimotes, and switch pro controllers

DaebunzChall
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i'm glad that for better or worse people will never forget the duke

7yh4xczljsym.png
    XaquinLuvTheMonkeyIncenjucar
    edited July 2021
    Javen wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with the third party wireless SNES controllers that are supposed to work with the SNES classic? I currently have the console hooked up to my computer monitor, but I'd like to swap it over to my TV

I have a 8bitdo controller for mine. I think it's pretty good. The controller and the buttons are all the same size and feel basically the same to me.

I also haven't noticed any connection or input latency issues. Maybe it would be noticeable if you played stuff like kaizo Mario hacks or were really sensitive to input lag, but in all the games I've played I haven't had felt any problems with my inputs.

edit: the only downside is that it uses a micro-usb instead of a usb-c for charging. It's not too bad, but when most all my other devices use usb-c it's kinda annoying to have to keep around an older cable out. I also bought my controller when the SNES classic first came out so they might have a usb-c version now for all I know. The batter length seems fine though. Haven't payed enough attention to it to give an hour estimate, but I haven't had it run low on my while in the middle of playing anything so long enough for a session at least.

H0b0man on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

People think the dualsense is too big? I'd like to have one that's like 25% bigger.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »

I have a 8bitdo controller for mine. I think it's pretty good. The controller and the buttons are all the same size and feel basically the same to me.

I also haven't noticed any connection or input latency issues. Maybe it would be noticeable if you played stuff like kaizo Mario hacks or were really sensitive to input lag, but in all the games I've played I haven't had felt any problems with my inputs.

edit: the only downside is that it uses a micro-usb instead of a usb-c for charging. It's not too bad, but when most all my other devices use usb-c it's kinda annoying to have to keep around an older cable out. I also bought my controller when the SNES classic first came out so they might have a usb-c version now for all I know. The batter length seems fine though. Haven't payed enough attention to it to give an hour estimate, but I haven't had it run low on my while in the middle of playing anything so long enough for a session at least.

My 8bitdo is usb-c. Maybe they swapped? It's also the model that combines the SNES and dualshock looks so maybe that's related? But also, it's easily one of the best controllers I've ever used. It started as a switch controller but I've kind of mostly stolen it for my PC these days to quit using an Xbox 360 wired I had for years

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    It's kind of weird that controllers don't just... come in sizes, the way clothes do.

PeewiPolaritieHappy Little Machine
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    the dualshock is a perfect controller

Dual shock d-pad used to shred my thumbs pretty bad, so I was never really able to agree with this.

H0b0man wrote: »

My 8bitdo is usb-c. Maybe they swapped? It's also the model that combines the SNES and dualshock looks so maybe that's related? But also, it's easily one of the best controllers I've ever used. It started as a switch controller but I've kind of mostly stolen it for my PC these days to quit using an Xbox 360 wired I had for years

Ya, mine is specifically for the SNES classic so the controller has the same dimensions as a SNES controller. Also the wireless dongle you plug into the console is designed to fit into the proprietary ports the SNES classic has (I think they're the same as the Wii controller ports)

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Wromng!!!! Always Good :cool:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Dualshock was bad until I found a good way to hold it. I have to keep it nestled in my fingers without actually trying to grip it in my palms. Now it takes like 2 hours for my hands to cramp up, instead of 30 minutes.

The actual best controller is the Wii U Pro. Good size, best stick placement.

sig.gif
    Kwoaru
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I got SMT3 Nocturne for my birthday, so I'm starting on that now.

These character models are weird as fuck.

Dee Kaenever die
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i rarely have issues with controllers but I'm also the guy that loves using the gamecube keyboard controller and the ps1 wu-tang controller so i am probably a bad point of reference

busting those things out against people in person is the ultimate power move

7yh4xczljsym.png
    BahamutZEROZonugalBucketmanPeewiMidnitesarukundarunia106Shorty
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Just a word of warning, I will NOT accept any badmouthing of Claymates in this thread.

NONE!

My best friend had this game when we were kids and we played it all the damn time

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    An xbox 360 controller with a good D-pad would be a perfect controller.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    An xbox 360 controller with a good D-pad would be a perfect controller.

That's basically what the Xbox One and beyond controllers are, isn't it?

Crippl3FremMaddoc
    I do not have personal experience with them, but I hear they are still a bad design for fight game inputs for some sort of reason

BahamutZERO.gif
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    maybe fighting games should have less stupid inputs

X22wmuF.jpg
    BahamutZEROMoth 13discriderZonugalGarlic BreadKwoaruFremKreutzPeewiDrDinosaurTamerBillWheatBun01Munkus BeaverButtersnever dieHappy Little MachinejkylefultonBucketman
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The dpad in the controller that came with my xbone started getting double inputs nearly immediately.

I finally broke down and replaced it with a series x controller today because I want to play some gamepass stuff. It seems pretty comfortable except I'm not sure I like the texture on the grips.

Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    maybe fighting games should have less stupid inputs

i learned mortal kombat's move system at a young age and it's the only style my brain has ever retained

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    there are some very silly fighting game inputs but i think motions for special moves wind up being more important than people think, but also in ways that are basically invisible to 99.9% of players

liEt3nH.png
    TheStigShortymilskiPerrsun
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    For fighting games it comes down to how they register as you roll and such, yeah. I think the diagonals especially?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    oh no i'm poor and bought the TWEWY sequel

Oh no

Dr. Flamingo
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the 360 dpad sucked shit for stuff other than fighting games

any time you needed to input exactly one diagonal, you couldn't count on it

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    oh no i'm poor and bought the TWEWY sequel

Oh no

I attempted to buy it, and learned that GameStop actually doesn't stock any more of a newly-released game than was pre-ordered. =/

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    oh no i'm not the spicy indian food path as opposed to the ramen path

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I chose the Indian food path in the demo.

Which I'm sure will lead to Tin Pin Slammer getting banned worldwide, or something.

Speaking of; is there an equivalent to Tin Pin Slammer mode in this game?

Shorty wrote: »
    the 360 dpad sucked shit for stuff other than fighting games

any time you needed to input exactly one diagonal, you couldn't count on it

I'm confused by this post. The 360 d-pad was just as bad for fighting games as everything else.

The Cow KingButters
    oh no pin collection and evolution

oh god, i am remembering the hours lost to trying to get all the pins

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

God I can't wait to immerse myself in that nonsense again

• ChallChall Registered User regular
    They are putting out free DLC for Pokemon Snap with new areas and new Pokemon on August 3rd

XaquinLindsay LohanPolaritieMidnitePaperLuigi44sarukunSpeed RacerAndy JoeHappy Little MachineBucketman
    :o

BahamutZERO.gif
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited July 2021

Look on the bright side: at least there won't be any pin evolutions that are obtainable exclusively via goddamn StreetPass this time.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Wyvern wrote: »

Look on the bright side: at least there won't be any pin evolutions that are obtainable exclusively via goddamn StreetPass this time.

yeah but now there's...
    social networking

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Okay well I guess I'm going to resist clicking that spoiler since I'm probably getting the game tonight and I want to go in as fresh as possible, but you've put the fear of God into me, I'll tell you that much.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Gundi
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

Those weren't too bad if I remember. I never passed anyone else with a 3DS until I started going to PAX South and I still managed to get some Mingle XP out in the middle of nowhere. It was also very heavily weighted compared to Battle XP so I didn't need all that much.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I remember using my Wii to cheat the Mingle system.

See, some titles on the Wii, or stuff on the eshop, would allow you to download data to the DS via the Download Play function. To do this, it would transmit data that the DS could pick up.

If you had a copy of TWEWY in Mingle mode while that demo was trying to find a DS, it could recognize the single as a Mingle visitor. Definitely worth that to evolve the few pins that needed Mingle PP; faster than leaving it alone and waiting for an Alien encounter.

This discussion has been closed.