As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Social Entropy++

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    A duck! wrote: »
    Cause where else am I ever going to post it, here is my gunbound story: A far underage Quantum somehow ended up having cyber sex (all text based) in a gunbound game. We did not use the pm function if there was one. Just two horny ...presumably younger people, putting on their robes and wizard hats, while shooting some cannons. No one else was happy about it. It's hard to make a story of but was just so singularly weird and horny looking back on it.

With my sin thus exposed, I may finally rest.

In an almost entirely unrelated story, in City of Heroes/City of Villains some of us would interrupt erotic RP by putting on one of the Earth Armor auras that sounds vaguely like somebody having a real bad time on the toilet.

one time I interrupted a furry wedding in the interdimensional night club by walking in the middle and self-destructing a robot

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    It feels weird that despite being here for... sixteen years or so, I've never gotten involved in any forum groups, played videogames regularly with you folks, or other stuff.

I guess that's social anxiety for ya.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    It feels weird that despite being here for... sixteen years or so, I've never gotten involved in any forum groups, played videogames regularly with you folks, or other stuff.

Honestly outside of the random PAX events I've been lucky enough to make it to, I'm pretty much the same. I do wish I made more of an effort to try and have some sort of semi-regular online gaming get-together, but I seem to fall into and out of games too fast to put together anything reliable.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular

We played most of borderlands together! I remember that game very fondly as a result!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I started posting in SE and only very recently started frequenting any other part of these here boards. I enjoyed how savage and Darwinian it all was, recognizing now that it was bad and problematic in a lot of ways and it's probably for the best that it changed.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am the hero of pax south and have only ever been inside the convention hall once

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Damn there a lot of people who have left that who just got ground down by bullshit people with bullshit politics

This forum has gained and lost a lot of people I still maintain contact with. Some are easier to reach than others.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

I almost posted the CAD comic about marriage being the ultimate co-op campaign, but I couldn't remember the rules about hotlinking and I couldn't be arsed to rehost it

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular

Your Sims SE++ houses were the best

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Remember when Graphic Violence subforum had actual traffic back in the day?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    I went to a weekend Pre-Pax SE++ gathering down near DC. A ton of regulars made the trip, from up and down the east coast and I think as far west as Colorado.

I can think of one other person who posts here still, everyone else was either banned or moved on.

Some guy was getting consensually flogged at some point.

I couldn't legally drink then.

I'm so old now.
    The one in Baltimore?
    Callius organized it during my spring break. There was a topless room. With a hookah. I remember meeting a lot of other people there, like Sheri, Slungsolow, Shoe, Evander, Jen and Defender. A lot more I'm surely forgetting, but it was quite a while ago.
    At one point that weekend, we were wandering around trying to find Borfase and ended up shouting his name quite loudly.
    I met my husband at the party... he organized a D&D game. When we explain how we met, we always give a redacted version.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

I very fondly recall the night we played Army of Two while I was on call and drunk

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mysst wrote: »

I very fondly recall the night we played Army of Two while I was on call and drunk

That was fun! And Saints Row 2!
    Tef wrote: »

We played most of borderlands together! I remember that game very fondly as a result!

True, we did do that! That was a lot of fun!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    spono wrote: »
    Hey "A duck!" remember when I stole your bread at a restaurant and you jailed me for it?

Life is pain.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

I went to your wedding but we've never really hung out!

Which in retrospect we need to fix. Once Seattle opens back up I'm dragging you out to a goth night.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    spono wrote: »
    Hey "A duck!" remember when I stole your bread at a restaurant and you jailed me for it?

Life is pain.

Shit this is good.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i am the hero of pax south and have only ever been inside the convention hall once

where i found you that card game

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

where i found you that card game

crwth stop trying to rewrite history re: me introducing you to a card game, a thing i am famously known to be an expert in

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Yeah, but then the MCU had to blow up and make comic book nerdery cool enough for the SE++ and D&D forums to take note of and make their own threads.

Remember when Critical Failures was named Of Dice and Men? Good times.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

I almost posted the CAD comic about marriage being the ultimate co-op campaign, but I couldn't remember the rules about hotlinking and I couldn't be arsed to rehost it

I feel like they'd give you a pass for stealing like 10 mb of Buckley's bandwidth.

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    zucchini wrote: »
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    One of my vivid memories was being on the infamous PAXTrain in '08. That was a fucking experience.

The smell on the way back. Jesus fucking christ.

You’re on a power trip and need to settle down.

Oh fuck this is taking me back. Am I right in remembering you were on it too? There weren't many from SE++ on the journey. @Belruel was definitely on it.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I went to a weekend Pre-Pax SE++ gathering down near DC. A ton of regulars made the trip, from up and down the east coast and I think as far west as Colorado.

I can think of one other person who posts here still, everyone else was either banned or moved on.

Some guy was getting consensually flogged at some point.

I couldn't legally drink then.

I'm so old now.
    The one in Baltimore?
    Callius organized it during my spring break. There was a topless room. With a hookah. I remember meeting a lot of other people there, like Sheri, Slungsolow, Shoe, Evander, Jen and Defender. A lot more I'm surely forgetting, but it was quite a while ago.
    At one point that weekend, we were wandering around trying to find Borfase and ended up shouting his name quite loudly.
    I met my husband at the party... he organized a D&D game. When we explain how we met, we always give a redacted version.

Yep, I remember all of those folks minus Sheri and slung being there - I came down in a car with Ferreous, Omegasquash, his wife and his friend - all literal strangers.

Hochiwawa brought a brisket and it was delicious.

We took the metro and did some museum and ate Qdoba.

LJs game of DandD literally constitutes 100% of my exposure to in person role playing.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm curious about the history of the Writer's Block section. It's never been particularly active, and even when I participated it was mostly in an IRC than on the board itself. For the longest time it was also the inexplicable catch for all the spambots to post their links over any other forum.

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Yeah, but then the MCU had to blow up and make comic book nerdery cool enough for the SE++ and D&D forums to take note of and make their own threads.

Remember when Critical Failures was named Of Dice and Men? Good times.

of dice and men is in every way a superior name to critical failures

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    Basically what I'm learning is I should play more online games with you nerds

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    It's weird how one can feel really super connected to the community here, not so much individual forumers even perhaps (although in some cases for sure!), but like, the community as a whole.

Not bad weird though.

• Options
    My primary connection to the people on this forum in real life is PAX South. It is also where I actually socialize with other people once a year, otherwise I am 100% a recluse.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I am sometimes flummoxed when I'm telling a story from here and I have to explain who you weirdos are. Even in the Extremely Online Year 2020, a lot of people don't have a neat mental compartment for "a couple hundred people from around the world who I've been chatting with daily since the Bush administration."

I generally just go with "this group of international jewel thieves I used to run with."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I have a couple friends who read the comic, go to PAX and have bought art prints but have never poked around the forums. Ive tried to get them to check it out. My “we’re better than REDDIT!” Pitch didn’t go very far though.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I am sometimes flummoxed when I'm telling a story from here and I have to explain who you weirdos are. Even in the Extremely Online Year 2020, a lot of people don't have a neat mental compartment for "a couple hundred people from around the world who I've been chatting with daily since the Bush administration."

I generally just go with "this group of international jewel thieves I used to run with."

I've had to explain what a forum is to my parents. I think I've mostly got it through to them, just need to separate their concepts of forum and chat room to be distinct entities.

• Options
    I met my wife here and my parents still don't understand what the forums are.

There are people?? you talk to them there and sometimes meet them in real life??? you married one of them????

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I met my wife here and my parents still don't understand what the forums are.

There are people?? you talk to them there and sometimes meet them in real life??? you married one of them????

it's like pen pals but instant and also we read everyone else's mail because you can't stop me

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Oh also one morning at Callius' place I was hungover and someone gave me a glass of V8.

I took one sip, wretched and ran to the bathroom to puke my guts out. For good measure I then took what could only be described as a hostile shit that was driven by drinking a lot of Yuengling and eating a lot of brisket.

When I came out of the bathroom I was informed that I had left my V8 with a bile floater right next to Cals glass and he took a big vegan sip and instantly knew what had happened.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    my grandma knows what a forum is because she was googling about a string of murders happening in Ohio, and found a forum dedicated solely to collating and discussing any news associated to the killings

I'm not sure if it was actually reddit, but it may as well have been. so yeah, my grandma gets it (or would if I had any desire to tell her or any other relative about the forums or anything else I do online)

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Oh also one morning at Callius' place I was hungover and someone gave me a glass of V8.

I took one sip, wretched and ran to the bathroom to puke my guts out. For good measure I then took what could only be described as a hostile shit that was driven by drinking a lot of Yuengling and eating a lot of brisket.

When I came out of the bathroom I was informed that I had left my V8 with a bile floater right next to Cals glass and he took a big vegan sip and instantly knew what had happened.

oh my god

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

oh my god

Whelp, that's what my stomach acid currently tastes like. Probs still better than that sip though.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

@Moriveth

Some day, Alex, some day

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

oh my god

Cal was the consummate host and could only laugh about the whole thing.

Dude was such a good host Kuribos Shoe didn't leave for like a year

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

@Moriveth

Some day, Alex, some day
    We came close to hanging out back in 2005 / start of 2006. If I remember right someone else here wanted to go dumpster diving and some of us were like "yeah I'm bored let's go." I spoke to someone on the phone but I don't remember who. Ultimately didn't go.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Probably the worst thing that I have been actually involved with on this whole thing was getting banned from Secret Satans and being the reason for the “no complaining” rule. My first Satan’s list was basically “I like most things, but please don’t get me these things, as I know they are popular right now but I don’t like them.” Lord Dave, who is an extremely nice and genuinely funny dude, thought I would be able to take a joke and literally got me everything I asked not to receive, and I came in and expressed my disappointment.

I remember apologizing to Shoe and saying that I should be let back in because I give kickass gifts, and that worked.

I also remember not getting along with Shoe in general and eventually we worked it all out. Shoe is a good dude.

I do give kickass gifts, though, I should really make time to do Satans this year... especially since I can’t really go home this Christmas. :(