Ran into something recently that is causing my mind goblins to work overtime and wanted a second opinion
tl;dr is I encountered and removed a single flea on my person very late saturday evening. I've never dealt with them with no animals present but I am aware just one is usually unlikely.
- I live alone and do not have any pets nor do I encounter any belonging to others on a normal day
- I have been at this apartment for almost 2 years so shouldn't be a present left over from prior tenant that did
- other 2 units in the building I'm 99% sure don't have pets
- my place is a studio apartment with hardwood floors minus one or two very tiny rugs that i checked to the best of my ability
- I have seen no further evidence of more fleas besides the one
- I was inside a petco the day before and bought a few items
My best guess is that I picked up the new friend at said petco and that I shouldn't be facing some larger ongoing problem, but having dealt with a flea crisis in the past this is really letting loose The Paranoia™. I've been aggressively vacuuming and cleaning to be safe
Is there anything I should keep an eye out for/do, or probably just chill out until I see anything more beyond the one I disposed of?