As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Cultural Event of [Blaseball]

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Some of the Sunbeams were going around other team's rooms looking for support to do necromancy again to raise Randy, but apparently in they later changed their minds and cancelled that plan.

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The Snackrifice was conceived by like five Tacos fans in the wee hours of the morning, pushed without consent or consultation of much of the Tacos fanbase. Bit of an ill-spirited forced meme, that.

I genuinely hope people don't feel like they're obligated to participate in whatever ridiculous nonsense the people on the Tacos Discord channel come up with. I honestly think this plan has virtually no chance of succeeding, which is almost certainly part of the gag. But if people feel like they're being pressured into doing it, maybe that's something that should be brought up on Twitter or in the Discord?

Personally I think it would be great for NaN to remain as a popular Idol, but I also think would be hilarious if all of our pitchers got Shelled.

Curly_Brace on
    The Snackrifice was conceived by like five Tacos fans in the wee hours of the morning, pushed without consent or consultation of much of the Tacos fanbase. Bit of an ill-spirited forced meme, that.
    Are you a Taco yourself, or is this something you heard through the grapevine?

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Are you a Taco yourself, or is this something you heard through the grapevine?

I support my beloved Breckenridge Jazz Hands, but my wife's a Taco

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I mean, I might object to the idea of a small minority of fans deciding the fate of the team, nay, the league itself in the middle of the night for funsies without consulting anyone

But I would only object if I thought it wasn't a great idea

I say let the snackrifice go forward, see what happens. I enjoy watching people playing a game pushing at the boundaries and forcing the game's makers to deal with those consequences

I also enjoy chaos

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    While as a Fridays fan I am honored to have participated in the ritual that allowed our BFFs the Magic to find this legendary Blagonball, I feel that it's important to point out that SIBR believes that the recently reincarnated Jaylen Hotdogfingers (probably) pitched a perfect game in Season 1. The game logs from Season 1 are sketchy at best, though, so this is the first confirmed no-hitter in blaseball.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    shalmelo wrote: »
    While as a Fridays fan I am honored to have participated in the ritual that allowed our BFFs the Magic to find this legendary Blagonball, I feel that it's important to point out that SIBR believes that the recently reincarnated Jaylen Hotdogfingers (probably) pitched a perfect game in Season 1.

Trying to imagine explaining to June Me the events that led to the typing of this sentence.

While as a Fridays fan I am honored to have participated in the ritual that allowed our BFFs the Magic to find this legendary Blagonball, I feel that it's important to point out that SIBR believes that the recently reincarnated Jaylen Hotdogfingers (probably) pitched a perfect game in Season 1.

Trying to imagine explaining to June Me the events that led to the typing of this sentence.
    I mean back in June you'd still had decades of experience being immersed in internet bullshit, I feel like they'd catch on pretty quick.

edited September 2020
    Gatdang, I just won 21k in the 10 o'clock hour

Almost half of it came from Campos Arias pitching a shutout

Edit so I'm not double-posting: I just saw that the Kansas City Breath Mints have a player named Lenny Spruce. I'm fucking CACKLING.

Second edit, in my continued efforts to not multi-post: Had another really solid hour. I now have 50k in the bank. I should be worried about Eating the Rich, but the powers-that-be can't tax what I """donate""" to support political causes that benefit me and my friends. This is in NO WAY a metaphor!!!!

Poorochondriac on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, that Tigers/Moist Talkers game was BRUTAL. Three incinerations in a single game, good lord

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Holy shit, that Tigers/Moist Talkers game was BRUTAL. Three incinerations in a single game, good lord

Oh I missed this

I just signed up for this cultural event today and picked the tigers as my team.

I still don't quite know what all is happening.

Uriel wrote: »

Oh I missed this

I just signed up for this cultural event today and picked the tigers as my team.

I still don't quite know what all is happening.

That is natural. It took me like a week to really get my feet under me

I guess we know what those debts mean, now.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Probably unrelated

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I don’t hear any talk of them so I’ve signed up today as a Boston Flower’s fan because I must support the team no one cares about, it is my lot in life.

We’ve got room to grow though!

Endless_Serpents on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Another incineration for the Moist Talkers

Also peanutiel Duffy hit a grand slam!

Never look back!

Tallahasseeriel on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Another incineration for the Moist Talkers

Also peanutiel Duffy hit a grand slam!

Never look back!

This incineration was their replacement player from the previous incineration last game!

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    y u r t s t r u n b o

edited September 2020
    Oh no, Annie Roland, my perfect slightly above average idolized batter, is unstable!

Annie, are you ok?

E: she's actually like, 15th in the league for both OBPS and HRs, so she's earned me a lotta cash

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The solar eclipse has claimed another payment, Dominic Marijuana is gone

Now the Magic have to play against Jaylen during an eclipse

Maddoc on
    pnuc9a3ba3l3.png

OH SHIT

What do you know, my half-assed theory about what Birds weather might do turned out to be right.

The Snackrifice looms ever closer...

I ate an engineer
    The Breath Mints are about to get massacred

I mean they might still win the game it's up in the air but people gonna die

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    RIV Boyfriend Monreal

RIV Boyfriend, but Pudge Nakomoto is a heckuva name

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Flowers lost a game I bet on, Lovers now my enemy for life.

I actually made 200 fun bucks on another bet though! Not bad at all!

Oh no. I am now learning about rogue umpires.

Endless_Serpents on
    today is already ridiculous with how many idol gambits are going on

I'm imagining it's mathematically improbable for both all the Tacos to get shells as well as all three Peanuts (I'm staying on Peanut Holloway god dammit) AND the minority faction trying to shell Hotdogfingers

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Jessica Telephone dropping out of the top 4 is giving me some hope that doing both might be feasible but we’re really getting down to the wire and if I had to choose one I choose snackrifice.

I'm not really trying to shell Jaylen, necessarily, but she makes me a lot of money and I'm being true to myself in that she is my favorite player right now because she is an avatar of chaos.

If she gets shelled, so be it

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Is there a way to read through the logs of the games after? I can only seem to find the live ticker as things are happening.

Also some way to avoid being constantly logged out? Like after every action I take I have to reload the page and log back in. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

uyvfOQy.png
    edited September 2020
    https://thegarages.bandcamp.com/track/stay-gold-mikeyboy

the new Garages single is incredible

edit: actually yaknow what I think this is my favorite Garages album yet as a whole too

Mortal Sky on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Yah, there's some real bangers in this one. And there's more cuts coming in the next couple weeks from the good folks over at Fourth Strike Records

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    It is patently ludicrous how good the Garages music is

It defies every last shred of reason

The Yellowstone Magic fans now officially Love Moss, and may in fact be Moss. Become one with the bog!

I ate an engineer
    all three nuts and all five taco pitchers are officially above the line, peanut god says WOW