As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's time to not talk about Outlaws in [chat]

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    zepherin wrote: »
    Welp I just totally fucked up something related to the power of the house

Now I need to call an electrician on off hours cause I have no power to my second floor and attic
    Check the breaker first. You may have tripped the arc fault Current interrupter (AFCI)

Ok so this is the thing this house was a duplex at one point so all upstairs is controlled by this panel the one off switch is the one for this room I was changing these light switches

kiwjxnm6a0l7.jpeg

If there is more downstairs I don’t know about it cause the big panel down there i went and reset already
    Oh...well shit without looking at it and finding where the branch between the main panel and the sub panel or if it splits and that has some dadlectric janky feed branched into it I don’t think I can do more than suggest an electrician and say sorry :bro:

There isn’t an afci in that panel, maybe the main one has one? Might be too old.

zepherin on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Flip number 7

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Winky wrote: »
    Flip number 7

We don’t use it, ever

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    WE HAVE DONE NECROMANCY!!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The writing in this JK Rowling book is kind of hilariously bad.

Couscous on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    That looks like a videogame puzzle that requires a tiny bit of math but can be easily brute forced

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Was Outbreak the move where Dustin Hoffman played a reporter?

I think so. I remember him being in a movie where he plays a reporter. And it was ridiculous because Dustin Hoffman mumbles, so he would never, ever, be a reporter on a live news show.

No. He was a reporter in Tootsie, though?
    ...He was an actor in Tootsie! He was a reporter in All the President's Men

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I have a bad problem with not being able to ignore anything that's playing on a not-muted television and I had to step out of a restaurant because I didn't want the movie that was playing to provoke SAD FEELINGS in me

It was the new Paddington movie! Confirming that I am, in fact, a guy who can barely stomach anything. I wasn't even following it that closely!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I stopped at a pool hall. There is sanitizing spray at every table, signs at every table to wear your mask at all times. There are like two dozen people here and only the bartender and I are wearing masks :(

I’m like 40 feet from the closest other person but still. Dang

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Also god damn is it painful to use the youtube app on iOS/iPadOS. No working adblocker. I gave up after 30 seconds and just watch youtube stuff on a computer with an adblocker like God intended.

Apple hasn’t even figured out how to have Youtube continue playing when you’re in another app.

But they took away our fucking headphone jack.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Also god damn is it painful to use the youtube app on iOS/iPadOS. No working adblocker. I gave up after 30 seconds and just watch youtube stuff on a computer with an adblocker like God intended.

Apple hasn’t even figured out how to have Youtube continue playing when you’re in another app.

Of course Apple has figured that out. Blame Google for that.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

that's not apple, that's google

youtube never does that on mobile - unless you get youtube premium.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

That's not Apple, who provide a media API to do just this. Youtube actually specifically disallows it unless you buy their premium thing. Then it works perfectly. The idea being you can't really watch ads when it's in the background I guess. Or it undercuts their music service if a youtube playlist does the same thing.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

That’s on youtube, actually. You can totalt do it... if you pay for Youtube Premium.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    can we get another 3 or 4 reiterations? I'm still unclear on the fault here.

• Options
    There is actually some app that wraps around youtube videos for PIP.

• Options
    My dog is really in love with the bath rug I got.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Jesus Christ, y’all

Mim on
  • Options
    Jesus Chris, y’all

We will not allow the name of Saint Jobs to suffer false accusations

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Electrician tripped a breaker in the basement on the main panel which runs the entire panel I posted

$300 fucking dollars

The breaker he flipped I and the wife did as well just not hard enough apparently

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I have a cat on me

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    hmmmmm browsing idly on zillow

a house i really like in my price range, been on zillow for 25 days already

i have great credit and a moderate savings, and NC has a lot of first time home buying stuff

am....i gonna maybe buy a house?

we will see if it's even still available

might be an interesting time in the life of me, a bug

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    did you know that google only lets youtube play in the background if you buy youtube premium

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    make sure there isn't any kind of "once they check in, they don't check out" language in the contract

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Electrician tripped a breaker in the basement on the main panel which runs the entire panel I posted

$300 fucking dollars

The breaker he flipped I and the wife did as well just not hard enough apparently

Sounds like the breaker has poor action or something, which is a huge red flag and indicates the panel needs servicing badly, but I am guessing your landlord is not the most attentive.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So freaking anxious this weekend.

Messing with my sleep and can't really relax properly, and focusing during the day is hard even though I'm wide awake.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Jesus Christ, y’all

were you aware that it's Google's fault

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

i have great credit and a moderate savings, and NC has a lot of first time home buying stuff

Call the listing agent directly if you can. Don't go through Zillow if you can avoid it, they're incredibly annoying.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Outside a Walmart and I'm hearing a Sax solo I recognize from a Jon Bois video

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

Call the listing agent directly if you can. Don't go through Zillow if you can avoid it, they're incredibly annoying.

Oh absolutely

This one looks like its being sold by owner and just listed on Zillow, so I'm going to try and get a buyer's agent tomorrow after I see what kinda loan I qualify for and have them reach out

Unless I'm dumb and missing something

• Options

$300 fucking dollars

Sounds like the breaker has poor action or something, which is a huge red flag and indicates the panel needs servicing badly, but I am guessing your landlord is not the most attentive.

I’m my own landlord we inherited the house

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    https://youtu.be/9ytqP64AVkk

I'm making jambalaya from this Isaac Toups video

how can I tell if I burned the roux? I literally did not stop stirring with one hand and rolling the cast iron skillet with the other for the entire duration, no pauses, no sip on my beer

does it separate, or? I hit chocolate bar color and called it

it doesn't really taste burnt but it doesn't really taste like anything side from flour and canola oil

I sautéed the trinity in it and added the stock and I'm cooking the flour out now, so now I've got some time to consider

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    CECE AND SCHMIDT GOT MARRIED AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL

• Options
    To start I had the wrong kind of light switches, thats on me.

:(

cest la vie, thats what credit cards are for thankfully

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, y’all

were you aware that it's Google's fault

I swear to god, I'm going to skull fuck you.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    So freaking anxious this weekend.

Messing with my sleep and can't really relax properly, and focusing during the day is hard even though I'm wide awake.

yeah same, I ended up having to drink a lot last night in order to calm the fuck down

and I still ended up having dreams explicitly about job interviews and then some more generic anxiety dreams (you can't find your chair in orchestra and also all your reeds break the second they are in your mouth and also someone in orchestra turned up after testing positive for coronavirus but refuses to leave ;_; brain pls ;_; )

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options

$300 fucking dollars

Oh uh... so that's a huge red flag and I'd consider saving up to have the panel completely replaced.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    These YouTube shills collecting their ill gotten paychecks ..

• Options

$300 fucking dollars

Oh uh... so that's a huge red flag and I'd consider saving up to have the panel completely replaced.

Yeah when you mentioned that it went on the list, probably tax time in the spring

This discussion has been closed.